Dawn of Discovery

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Dawn of Discovery

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm going thru the tutorial and I've come to the point (early on) where I have to unload some "flotsam" at Cathedral City's warehouse and I can't do it to save my soul. I've yelled and screamed and cursed but that didn't work for some reason.
It's really olde game but any of you remember this?
Thanks!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paradroid

Re: Dawn of Discovery

Post by Paradroid »

Is that Anno 1404? My memory is probably wrong, but have you tried dragging the flotsam from your ship's cargo to the warehouse?
I no longer post here.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Yep
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I have DoD currently installed, so I fired up the tutorial. When I had to unload the first flotsam to my warehouse, I had the ship highlighted, and right-clicked on my warehouse. Then, the circular arrows were blinking in the menu in the bottom right corner, so I clicked on that to trade. Then dragged the tools up to the warehouse menu in the upper right corner. Then I had to stop as the family was calling.

If this isn't the flotsam quest you're describing, I would think the trading button & sequence would be same? Sorry if this wasn't helpful. I can try again later if you're still having difficulty.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

If that doesn't help, have a butcher's at this series of Anno 1404 beginner's guide video walkthroughs, as they'll likely be more helpful for learning how to play than the tutorials:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Thanks for your help guys!
Turned out I had the wrong flotsam or not enough of it. I found two more sites of it and after picking those up I was able to unload it.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949