2020 Election Results

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: 2020 Election Results

Post by El Guapo »

This is good news. Both in making more improvements to our democratic process and infrastructure, and also in the short-term as it gives Murkowski less reason to fear a GOP primary challenger.
Black Lives Matter.
Enough

Post by Enough »

My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So...now what? I assume that they would have to actually cite some sort of evidence or proof and not just “we’re gonna take our hall and go home because we don’t like the results”, right?

Also, fuck these assholes.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Enough wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:31 pm
WTF?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:56 pm
WTF?

There's the "U" word again.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Who was the cognitive genius who set up a four member board for...anything?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Without knowing their state rules, I'd think the body presiding over the county canvassers (state? county commissioner?) would step in to either remind the members of their job descriptions (and what they are tasked with confirming) -or- break the deadlock by casting the deciding vote.

Also, these people should be removed from their official duties and publicly shamed for eternity.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

They'll burn my county to the ground if GOP make it a shitshow, even if Michigan doesn't decide the election. People are here finally not feeling disenfranchised. The urban turnout, specifically the black turnout was fantastic and well organized and the effort of communities throughout the county. If you GOP them because you didn't like them showing up? In this economy? How do you blame them for going off the deep end? And the thing is, this is my backyard that's gonna burn.

Edit: Laura Cox. There we go. Such a piece of shit.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 309668002/
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

So that DHS official who said this was the most secure in history? Guess what, CNN reporting that he's been fired. By tweet, of course.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

A 2-2 tie is NOT a vote against anything.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If I'm to believe the internet, the state of Michigan will simply certify the results if the county will not. My original comment still stands - those refusing to certify should be removed from their role and publicly humiliated for eternity.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 pm If I'm to believe the internet, the state of Michigan will simply certify the results if the county will not. My original comment still stands - those refusing to certify should be removed from their role and publicly humiliated for eternity.
If I am reading correctly, the state of Michigan's board certification is a four person committee of 2 Republicans and 2 Democrats and that Laura Cox is a piece of shit.

What I am unable to read correctly is what happens if the state board doesn't certify.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-1 ... --,00.html

Laura Cox<>Brad Parscale<>Cambridge Analytica<>Trump 2016. She has no business near the polls.
Last edited by LordMortis on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:46 pm If I'm to believe the internet, the state of Michigan will simply certify the results if the county will not. My original comment still stands - those refusing to certify should be removed from their role and publicly humiliated for eternity.
This is true BUT...guess how many members are on the statewide committee?
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

These fuckers are going to push the fabric of democracy to the bursting point. So far it is retaining integrity, but just barely. In some respects it is good they are attempting this in a hopeless cause. Maybe, just maybe, people will wake up to the clear and present danger this poses.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:52 pm
This is true BUT...guess how many members are on the statewide committee?
You gotta be kiddin' me.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This is apparently the Twitter account of one of the Board members who is refusing to certify. As expected, she’s a full-on derper who retweets Parscale and pushes hydroxychloroquine.

Oh, and she’s saying the quiet part out loud.

The Republican chair of the board, Monica Palmer, literally just said she would be open to certifying the vote in "communities other than Detroit"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump fires director of Homeland Security agency who had rejected President's election conspiracy theories
Trump announced on Twitter he was firing Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and directly tied it to Krebs' statement that said there "is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."
"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud," Trump said in a tweet before repeating multiple baseless conspriacy theories about the election. "Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."
Basically if you dont back up my lies with lies you're fired.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:03 pm This is apparently the Twitter account of one of the Board members who is refusing to certify. As expected, she’s a full-on derper who retweets Parscale and pushes hydroxychloroquine.

Oh, and she’s saying the quiet part out loud.

The Republican chair of the board, Monica Palmer, literally just said she would be open to certifying the vote in "communities other than Detroit"
God every time I start to feel better about this asshole going away something else crazy happens. We're lucky as hell that this election isn't coming down to one state. I guess elections are just political free for alls now. F who actually voted.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

And here’s the public FB posts from the other Wayne County guy refusing to certify.

This is...problematic.

Including this doozy.

Enough

Post by Enough »

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I need to just disengage from politics at this point. Another right wing coworker told me today that she thought trump won and was being cheated, and I literally got angry. I had to leave the room. I’m not going to survive Christmas with my trump supporting brother and his partner at this rate.
He won. Period.
Enough

Post by Enough »

Enough wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:16 pm
Hilariously, Trump boasted that MI refused to certify the election results (it was one county board vote not the state, but you dear listener already know that) about one minute before the board reversed and certified the results. LOLZ. But on brand, he continues to post about it like it's still a thing.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Arizona GOP seeks to temporarily bar Maricopa Co. from certifying election results
I feel like civil wars have started over less.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:23 pm I need to just disengage from politics at this point. Another right wing coworker told me today that she thought trump won and was being cheated, and I literally got angry. I had to leave the room. I’m not going to survive Christmas with my trump supporting brother and his partner at this rate.
"I don't discuss politics at work."

And just get louder for the longer they persist.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

To be fair, I made a crack about the other right wing nutcase we work with spending his time fighting the election when asked by someone what he was doing today. :oops:

I usually avoid politics otherwise.
He won. Period.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This guy spoke truth to power and maybe shifted the tide:

He destroyed the two Republicans. It's interesting that they certified a "white" city which had worse reconciliation problems than Detroit, and previously certified Detroit after the last election even through they had worse reconciliation problems.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Remember those names: Monica Palmer and William Hartmann, names that will live in infamy. In return for 15 minutes of infamy at the racist alter of Agolf Twittler they will be stained for life.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:04 pm To be fair, I made a crack about the other right wing nutcase we work with spending his time fighting the election when asked by someone what he was doing today. :oops:

I usually avoid politics otherwise.
You have the opportunity every day to adopt and hold to a more binary policy.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:16 pm Trump fires director of Homeland Security agency who had rejected President's election conspiracy theories
Trump announced on Twitter he was firing Chris Krebs, the director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and directly tied it to Krebs' statement that said there "is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."
"The recent statement by Chris Krebs on the security of the 2020 Election was highly inaccurate, in that there were massive improprieties and fraud," Trump said in a tweet before repeating multiple baseless conspriacy theories about the election. "Therefore, effective immediately, Chris Krebs has been terminated as Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency."
Basically if you dont back up my lies with lies you're fired.
This one really shakes me because I've talked to Krebs. He is a very decent guy and very good at what he does. A dedicated public servant and has his life is upended because a total vile pile of shit can't handle being the worst President in history. That people like Krebs are dragged through the mud for this garbage pile makes me rage in an unhealthy way. I long for Tarantino to do an alternate history ending for Trump. I need to see it happen.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:59 pm I long for Tarantino to do an alternate history ending for Trump. I need to see it happen.
We need to be real clear that there will be no MAGA statues or flags after 2020; It ends on 1/20/21.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yup. The Senate is broken.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Right-wing media has pulled up one of Warnock's sermons in which he says "You cannot serve both God and the military, you cannot serve God and money, you cannot serve God and Mammon at the same time."

They're pushing that first part as if Warnock meant soldiers can't be believers, when it's clear in context that he means "militarism."

It's truly gross to see Rubio amplifying this, as he's fond of posting Bible verses every day. He *absolutely* recognizes that Warnock is preaching on Jesus's own Sermon on the Mount here, but he'll pretend he doesn't.
Matthew 6:24 wrote:No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Incidentally, Warnock is preaching literally in MLK Jr's pulpit there. King always called militarism one of America's great evils.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

But it provides such wonderful toys...
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/18/93571825 ... use-losses
Nancy Pelosi has been reelected speaker of the House by her caucus for the next session of Congress, marking what will be her fourth term with the gavel. The caucus vote was conducted virtually, but Pelosi was approved by a voice vote.
She indicated after the vote that the upcoming term could be her last.
Probably a wise decision, since there's a very good chance Democrats will lose the next House.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Defiant wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:06 pmProbably a wise decision, since there's a very good chance Democrats will lose the next House.
I'd hazard a guess that there is 90+% chance of it. Even if mid-terms didn't swing against the President's party, redistricting is coming. And it is likely going to be the most anti-democratic redistricting process in recent history. The GOP might build out majority GOP safe seats in several states in the Wisconsin model. Florida is a near certainty for that "fate" now. The bias to keep the House is going to start chugging towards a popular vote +5% mark that Biden saw for President.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I said it a while ago and in other topics, but white America is currently in its death throes. Apparently there's a good segment that's going to try to do as much damage on the way out as possible.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:14 pm I said it a while ago and in other topics, but white America is currently in its death throes. Apparently there's a good segment that's going to try to do as much damage on the way out as possible.
I'm not so sure anymore. I thought that but I actually think "they'll" succeed at building out an authoritarian state. They got very, very close and they're still putting the pieces in place.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:12 pm
Defiant wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:06 pmProbably a wise decision, since there's a very good chance Democrats will lose the next House.
I'd hazard a guess that there is 90+% chance of it. Even if mid-terms didn't swing against the President's party, redistricting is coming. And it is likely going to be the most anti-democratic redistricting process in recent history. The GOP might build out majority GOP safe seats in several states in the Wisconsin model. Florida is a near certainty for that "fate" now. The bias to keep the House is going to start chugging towards a popular vote +5% mark that Biden saw for President.
Not to mention how those crafty Democrats managed to hide all their fraud and steal the election; we're going to need better suppression to prevent them from doing it again.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

President Donald Trump supporters protesting the outcome of the 2020 election have a new and surprising opponent: the Republican Party.

A viral video of protesters, as well as posts on social media platform Parler, indicate that Trump supporters are looking to boycott the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections.
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump- ... fs-1549245

Yes! You must fight for the honor of your leader and woe betide any Republican Senator in any state that certifies a win by anyone other than dear leader! :horse:

:pop:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Defiant wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm
President Donald Trump supporters protesting the outcome of the 2020 election have a new and surprising opponent: the Republican Party.

A viral video of protesters, as well as posts on social media platform Parler, indicate that Trump supporters are looking to boycott the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections.
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump- ... fs-1549245

Yes! You must fight for the honor of your leader and woe betide any Republican Senator in any state that certifies a win by anyone other than dear leader! :horse:

:pop:
Best thing I've heard all week. I wonder which foreign regime is fanning the fires of social media. Live by the tweet, die by the tweet.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter