For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:18 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:44 am They apparently have a press conference at noon to specifically outline how they plan to cheat. I'm sure it will be enlightening.

Can't be optimistic about the future for one fucking second. This fucking guy, jasus.
It could be even more interesting, since the announcement of the completion of the GA recount is supposed to be happening right around the same time.
Did this happen? I rely on OO for this sort of thing.
Don't think so. Looks like the recount appears to be done, but they haven't made their announcement
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:12 pm Today's show was about the delegitimizing the Biden presidency and laying down a narrative to justify complete and total obstruction for the next four years.
It isn't just that. Delegitimizing his presidency helps to keep the base angry and worked up, and helps to maintain the partisanship that's served them so well. If they can do that, they can run another populist on a platform of stigginit in 2024. And this time they can pick a competent populist, with Trump's charisma, but without his rambling nonsense and self-sabotage.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

I missed this part earlier. This is totally nuts.

Powell, incidentally, is an absolute superhero to QAnon. Now we see why.

Both she and Rudy are openly pushing the line that Soros and shadowy "globalist" forces changed the vote tallies. It's sheer fantasy.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Where is the proof that validates all of these statements?

Where the hell is Dominion software engineers or someone speaking out against this? If I was Dominion (and it's all false) then I would be suing the hell out of these charlatans.

I do see a statement on Newsweek from 6 days ago but there needs to be a positive push to the public that counteracts this bullshit.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

What bothers me is the total lack of response from the dems. Well if they are responding I'm not hearing it. They just sit there and take it hoping that they will stop and just go away. :doh:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Octavious wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:22 pm What bothers me is the total lack of response from the dems. Well if they are responding I'm not hearing it. They just sit there and take it hoping that they will stop and just go away. :doh:
Been thinking that as well. They seem to be content to let this all somehow “blow over” when they should be front and center loudly telling everyone this is bullshit.

As always, Dems suck so badly at messaging.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I mean, we inherently know this already, but still...

NEW: Multiple Trump campaign officials tell @reuters the president's strategy for staying in power despite losing the election is to persuade state legislatures to do what their voters did not and simply declare him the winner.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

We all knew this was coming, but why announce it now? Are they trying to warn us or normalize it?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If only there was some type of description we could all use that would encapsulate when a nation's leader is actively trying to subvert the will of the people. I'm sure it'll come to me.

Also, holy shit it's happening in America and people voted for this.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 pm If only there was some type of description we could all use that would encapsulate when a nation's leader is actively trying to subvert the will of the people. I'm sure it'll come to me.

And they believe it's true and the best way for their beloved fascist to stay in office. I cannot believe how delusional half this country is and will stand for the destruction of a democratic vote. How does this move forward? Will there ever be an election where it's not going to be contested with this idiocy?

A friend told me that we will move to voting on the internet using blockchain. Imagine how that would play out.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:34 pm We all knew this was coming, but why announce it now? Are they trying to warn us or normalize it?
Probably because it doesn’t matter much. Anyone paying attention already knew this and the MAGA’s don’t care. Anything to keep the God Emperor in power.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:40 pm If only there was some type of description we could all use that would encapsulate when a nation's leader is actively trying to subvert the will of the people. I'm sure it'll come to me.

If you want to get really depressed, ponder the fact that many millions *more* Americans voted for him knowing how he rules in practice.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Nearly 50% and they don't care what is happening. They're focused on what they think Biden might do and what will happen Harris takes over.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Remember, these assholes claim the central principle of defending the Constitution.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

WYBaugh wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm
Where the hell is Dominion software engineers or someone speaking out against this? If I was Dominion (and it's all false) then I would be suing the hell out of these charlatans.
Seriously.

Why isn't THIS the thing we are all quoting and asking !?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I love that the only reason we know about the fraud was because so many people voted for Trump that it broke the algorithm.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

If everyone stopped to address in detail every lie the Trump admin has told, they'd still be trying to explain the first four months to people. While this is bigger, it's also insaner. I think refusing to engage on this isn't a bad thing. It's not great either. It comes down to everyone who knows it's bullshit already knows it's bullshit and trying to tell the people who think it's gold that they're sniffing bullshit won't work because they refuse to even listen to that.

Sometimes the best way to handle crazy is to ignore it. Everything is going to the courts and it's all bouncing off at record speed and in complete legal disgrace. Once crazy grandpa is done screaming and shaking his fists at the sky, maybe the adults can take over again and get on with life.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 am
Seriously.

This is a no-brainer to me. Few sane company would stick their heads out and jump into the political fray like this. In this case they have an additional constraint, they have to look apolitical as part of their business model.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Who boy, you know you’re on shaky ground when one of your biggest sycophants starts questioning your evidence.

Trump lawyer responds to Tucker Carlson asking her for the evidence by telling him to conduct his own investigation

This is hilarious. You don’t start a defense case in a murder trial by telling the jury that your client is innocent and that they need to do their own digging to figure out why. :lol:

Powell and Giuliano should start their own agency. Dewey, Knownothing and Howe.
Covfefe!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Paingod wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 am If everyone stopped to address in detail every lie the Trump admin has told, they'd still be trying to explain the first four months to people. While this is bigger, it's also insaner. I think refusing to engage on this isn't a bad thing. It's not great either. It comes down to everyone who knows it's bullshit already knows it's bullshit and trying to tell the people who think it's gold that they're sniffing bullshit won't work because they refuse to even listen to that.

Sometimes the best way to handle crazy is to ignore it. Everything is going to the courts and it's all bouncing off at record speed and in complete legal disgrace. Once crazy grandpa is done screaming and shaking his fists at the sky, maybe the adults can take over again and get on with life.
I don't think anyone's looking for a point by point rebuttal. That would be a futile gesture, since their arguments are so nonsensical and change so often. But an emphatic "we fully accept the results of the election and emphatically deny that there has been any voter fraud" statement or two would be nice. Or to take a page from Rudy's own playbook:

Of course, it's entirely possible that's been communicated often and we're just not hearing it in the firehose of Trump's bullshit. An ongoing problem.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

malchior wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 am
Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:06 am
Seriously.

This is a no-brainer to me. Few sane company would stick their heads out and jump into the political fray like this. In this case they have an additional constraint, they have to look apolitical as part of their business model.
Engaging on this shifts the focus on "Constant Attacks on Democracy" to "Dominion is a secure system".
You only validate the argument.
"If you wrestle with the pig, you're going to get muddy. And the pig likes it."
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

They're not sending their best.

Black Lives Matter.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Your honor, if we take these two unrelated populations and overlay them, you can clearly see that more people voted in one population than even exists in the other. This is clearly evidence of fraud.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The GOP itself has now endorsed this insanity:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well that's not making me feel much better. They are all in on just taking over the country. Awesome.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Awesome.

President Trump told an ally that he knows he lost, but that he is delaying the transition process and is trying to sow doubt about the election results in order to get back at Democrats for questioning the legitimacy of his 2016 election, a source says.
President stiggin' it, right to the end. I genuinely hope the entire Trump name is destroyed after January and he's rotting in a cell.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Paingod wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:52 am If everyone stopped to address in detail every lie the Trump admin has told, they'd still be trying to explain the first four months to people. While this is bigger, it's also insaner. I think refusing to engage on this isn't a bad thing. It's not great either. It comes down to everyone who knows it's bullshit already knows it's bullshit and trying to tell the people who think it's gold that they're sniffing bullshit won't work because they refuse to even listen to that.

Yeah, giving trump a visible fight just adds oxygen to the dumpster fire. Better to sit back and watch him grow increasingly unhinged while the grownups slowly peel away, IMO. :pop:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Octavious wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 pm Well that's not making me feel much better. They are all in on just taking over the country. Awesome.
They're desperate to get Trump on board for campaigning in Georgia. Presumably this is part of the deal.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Kraken wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Yeah, giving trump a visible fight just adds oxygen to the dumpster fire. Better to sit back and watch him grow increasingly unhinged while the grownups slowly peel away, IMO. :pop:
+1

Sometimes it's important to resist the temptation to respond to every bullshit statement someone throws at you. I think the Dems are doing a good job of showing that restraint right now. I've already seen them refute Trump's BS with clear, simple statements backhanding his insane allegations. There's nothing to gain getting into an argument with a crazy person and his cult. No one's going to be persuaded, and, if anything, you just lend them an air of credibility.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 am They're not sending their best.

Just like those corrupt Democrats to move parts of Minnesota into Michigan in order to achieve a fraudulent victory :wink:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sounds like the MI GOP Senate Majority and House Majority leaders are going to meet with Trump at the White House today. So...we'll see if there's any reversal on their "no we won't reverse the election" stances later today or over the weekend.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:32 pm Sounds like the MI GOP Senate Majority and House Majority leaders are going to meet with Trump at the White House today. So...we'll see if there's any reversal on their "no we won't reverse the election" stances later today or over the weekend.
There is a non-zero chance they change their minds. I've already started looking for my torch and pitchfork.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Much of this bullshit can be made more irrelevant if the GSA administrator just did her job. She can see every challenge fail again and again in the courts. CNN I think had a story about how people who know her say she’s apolitical and very attentive to details and doing things correctly. Either she’s complicit, worried about being fired, too wrapped up in getting it “right” using Gore v Bush as her template, or all of the above.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:34 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:32 pm Sounds like the MI GOP Senate Majority and House Majority leaders are going to meet with Trump at the White House today. So...we'll see if there's any reversal on their "no we won't reverse the election" stances later today or over the weekend.
There is a non-zero chance they change their minds. I've already started looking for my torch and pitchfork.
Yeah, the track record of GOP officials not changing their tune in response to pressure from Trump is not great. It's not unheard of (I salute you, Raffensberger!), but it's not great.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 pm Georgia certifies Biden's win there.
Good step, but this is the next hurdle -
Gov. Brian Kemp has until Saturday at 5 p.m. to certify the state’s 16 electors. Those are the ones who will officially cast the state’s vote for Biden when the electoral college meets in December.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

61 DAYS

What could Trump possibly offer to a state legislator that would be worth committing political suicide and starting a civil war? A degree from Trump University?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:37 pm Much of this bullshit can be made more irrelevant if the GSA administrator just did her job. She can see every challenge fail again and again in the courts. CNN I think had a story about how people who know her say she’s apolitical and very attentive to details and doing things correctly. Either she’s complicit, worried about being fired, too wrapped up in getting it “right” using Gore v Bush as her template, or all of the above.
BREAKING NEWS: People who know her are incorrect.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I mean he will probably totally fire her if she signs it. So we need someone like Mitch to actually tell her to do it. Which he won't because he loves peoples pain.