Assassin's Creed Origins

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Suitably Ironic Moniker

Re: Assassin's Creed Origins

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Change. The. Button!
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im out of buttons. Any other button I try has a red colored conflict with several other commands.

Ive found if I can move back some and get a run at it it will jump properly. Some places just dont have the room.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:59 pm Im out of buttons. Any other button I try has a red colored conflict with several other commands.

Ive found if I can move back some and get a run at it it will jump properly. Some places just dont have the room.
What controller are you using? I played this on PS4 and can assure you that the game has no more functions than you can map to a standard controller these days

If in doubt, take a look at how the console versions map the controls and simply copy the scheme, it works pretty well
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

360 controller.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Don't you also have to be holding the right trigger and pressing the stick forward?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I thought the trigger was involved and would think that made it work as a jump instead of look but doesn't seem to help me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Having fun with this. I do wonder into enemies much higher than me where I cant hurt them and they kill me in 1 hit. If I can see the map I go there. Trying to stick to my lvl quests now. Would prefer a map or zones that are my level so I can do everything in them.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:01 pm Having fun with this. I do wonder into enemies much higher than me where I cant hurt them and they kill me in 1 hit. If I can see the map I go there. Trying to stick to my lvl quests now. Would prefer a map or zones that are my level so I can do everything in them.
It's a great (and great looking) game and for someone like me who was always interested in ancient history, it's an amazing virtual place to experience.

With respect to enemy levels - sounds like the issue you had with Syndicate and I (still) don't understand it. I finished both games and never had that issue (even remotely). Yes, I tend to stick to my level area (sometimes maybe even too long as I like to finish most/all side missions) but I always thought that these games are very well done with respect to handholding and guiding players through a (mostly) frustration-fee experience
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

ChuckB wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:24 pm It's a great (and great looking) game and for someone like me who was always interested in ancient history, it's an amazing virtual place to experience.
It's one of the prettiest games I've ever played. Some of the locations in the game literally had me staring in awe and forgetting to play.
I no longer post here.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Paradroid wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:02 pm
ChuckB wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:24 pm It's a great (and great looking) game and for someone like me who was always interested in ancient history, it's an amazing virtual place to experience.
It's one of the prettiest games I've ever played. Some of the locations in the game literally had me staring in awe and forgetting to play.
Agree. Also, I played the PS4 (Pro) version on a large TV with HDR support and man, do I love a good HDR implementation. It does so much for the light in the game, both during daylight (especially desert scenes, which are blindingly bright in parts) and nights with beautiful skies, stars, and moonlight. Water (and reflections on the water) look amazing and it's simply a joy to look at
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Heres a couple pictures of me on top of the tippy top of the Pharaohs Lighthouse at Alexandria . Between the height and the sound of the wind my heart was actually racing. But had to do it.

A view from the top.
Enlarge Image

A view from my hawk. See me? Im the little guy on top of the statue on top of the lighthouse :)
Enlarge Image
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Impressive you got to the top without clearing the garrison.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hrothgar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:39 pm Impressive you got to the top without clearing the garrison.
They weren't they high a lvl..I think 9 and im 14 I think so I just ran through them. After about 10 stories up they stopped shooting me. I dont have a quest for there yet.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im still in just Alexandria and Ive stopped going to question marks and side quests. Theres SO much packed in here and I know from the world map there are many other areas to visit. Im thinking of just doing main quests . But then I worry my lvl will start being too low to do new areas.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

As I recall, I did the same thing. Falling even a level or two below the recommended level made the game no fun. Mostly I did the things that interested me. That kept me on pace between main story missions.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I went back and killed most of the lighthouse garrison while looking for the loot I missed. Killed the captain and commander while I was there. I like to fully complete each site. I think thats one of my weaknesses. I feel I gotta do it all. But I didn't get the fast travel to it. I never saw it marked when I was on top of it. Maybe I need to killed everyone then it opens. Shrug. Dont need it that bad.

I do see the pyramids off in the distance and they have been tempting me. Prob a totally other map.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Welp climbed all 3 pyramids at Giza, took pics from the top and grabbed the fast travel on top The Great Pyramid. Then I pyramid surfed down each one and explored their insides and read all the ancient tablets and secrets down in there. Neat place. Glad they did a little more with them than just have them as a backdrop. I even have a quest that will lead me back into one at a later date.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I saved some kids and their dog along with a Scholar and they all partied up and headed off to Memphis together. I followed them with my eagle for about 15 minutes. They traveled out of the sands and onto a road and kept going. But their dog disappeared just over a sand dune from me. Never did find it.

Made me wish my character had a dog like that to travel with in the game.

Also all this wonderful water and I cant do any fishing. that makes me sad. I even saw an npc fishing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Question. At the start of the game I was actually moved from the beginning area or Siwa to another area my level. Will this always happen or was that just after the tutorial starter area and im supposed to simply wander the map looking for stuff my lvl?

because Ive wandered around and found new areas and they all seem to be around my lvl. SO Im just to go where I want unless im told a specific place for a quest that isn't in my area?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still having fun with this. Was exploring more pyramids last night. I caught myself in the moment and it felt like I was exploring ancient tombs left the way they had been a thousand years before instead of rooms and maps placed by devs. I felt like I was Indiana Jones for a while.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Man, I could swear I have either this and/or Odyssey, but having to strain my brain as to which service it may possibly be on is a major pain in the ass.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Made the mistake of starting this on my new XBox Series X before playing Valhalla. Now Valhalla is on the back burner. This game looks amazing in 4K HDR. I upgraded from a day one XBONE and an old Visio TV, so this is the first I’m seeing anything in 4K HDR, and boy does it look nice!

Really enjoying the game too. I like Bayek and find his story compelling, even if the game is a lot of the same from earlier AC offerings.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I entered a village at night that had a marker for people needing help. It was a house on stilts. I climbed up but couldn't see a thing. I pulled out my torch and saw them asleep. As they started to get up my torch set the place on fire. Welp that was that. I jumped out on fire into the water below and they rode it out and died as the entire home went up.

Fun times in old Egypt. So much for that quest. The screams......
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Where bouts do I find all the reward items...weapons and such....in game? I got one when I started but since then Ubi has simply gave them all out free. But Im not wure where I get them in game. Im worried I got some as I played and sold them and have no idea if I did or if I can get them back. heck they may suck compared to stuff Ive looted but Id at least like to know.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:56 pm Where bouts do I find all the reward items...weapons and such....in game? I got one when I started but since then Ubi has simply gave them all out free. But Im not wure where I get them in game. Im worried I got some as I played and sold them and have no idea if I did or if I can get them back. heck they may suck compared to stuff Ive looted but Id at least like to know.
I think you have to go to the Ubi store (D-pad left on my XBOX). That's where I picked them up, if we're talking about the same thing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tried a Trial of Sobek a ways back when I was newer and that did not go well. Just now I completed the Trial of Anubis and got a legendary sword. better than the FF7 or whatever sword I got from the special Gods puzzle. Ive used that sword forever. I want the Anubis outfit but that takes winning all of them...prob not bother.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Question....I have my wife Aya with me and Im supposed to take her to the Roman guy. Can I just ignore that for now and take her around the entire world with me to have her fight with me? Or will something break?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Never mind. Found I was contained by a /'mission area' and had to do the quest.

Also killed all those assassins after me..the Phylakes. Gave me a Legendary Black Hood Outfit. Here I am with it minus the hood which it actually does have but I dont like hood on the outfits. Im freshly shaven too.

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well that ended abruptly. The story is over and I still have quests and still covered areas of the map that are higher lvl than me. Strange.

Guess Ill do the side quests I have left....Im not fooling with finding the rest of the stone circles. Ive only found a few by accident. they are not marked.

Still find it funny that for a secret group that wants to stay hidden and blend in that they all cut off their ring finger which instantly gives them away. Plus in all the times these games are set in, cutting off a finger could mean death from infection pretty easy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Had my one and only bug last night. It was after Id finished the game and was doing a couple side missions to be complete. There was an npc sitting at a desk and as I went to assassinate him he started to stand up. He then floated forward through and into the desk itself and when he died he flipped upside down with his ass and feet in the air and head and arms below the desk. Shook a bit then stayed that way. LOL. Just remember that one bug the entire game though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im not sure why they put so many horse and camels in the game to buy. They seemed all the same to me other than a little color differences. They should have added many more uniques for horse and also weapons. Even when I got legendary weapons of the Gods they looked more plain than some Id found along the way.

I had this horse for a little while last night. Wish Id had it nearer the start of the game I would have used it the entire game.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:43 am I entered a village at night that had a marker for people needing help. It was a house on stilts. I climbed up but couldn't see a thing. I pulled out my torch and saw them asleep. As they started to get up my torch set the place on fire. Welp that was that. I jumped out on fire into the water below and they rode it out and died as the entire home went up.

Fun times in old Egypt. So much for that quest. The screams......
Had a similar thing happen to me tonight. Freed a bunch of civilians held in a garrison. When I let them out of their cages, one of them ran right into an oil jar knocking it into a nearby fire which caused an explosion and burned them all to death. Sry sad to see them burning and screaming, but it definitely wasn’t my fault. Oh well. Time to move on.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I learned not to pull my flaming sword in enclosed spaces too.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Just finished Origins. My "speed run" took...a long time...this was a longer game than I anticipated but it was solid throughout. A lot of straight up mayhem with soft-hearted twists. The Flea of Cyrene mission in particular was a nice touch. Loading up Odyssey. These are good time killers while I wait for 12/10.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm Just finished Origins. My "speed run" took...a long time...this was a longer game than I anticipated but it was solid throughout. A lot of straight up mayhem with soft-hearted twists. The Flea of Cyrene mission in particular was a nice touch. Loading up Odyssey. These are good time killers while I wait for 12/10.
You do know Odyssey is even bigger and longer right?
FTE
malchior

Post by malchior »

Scraper wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:53 pm
malchior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:37 pm Just finished Origins. My "speed run" took...a long time...this was a longer game than I anticipated but it was solid throughout. A lot of straight up mayhem with soft-hearted twists. The Flea of Cyrene mission in particular was a nice touch. Loading up Odyssey. These are good time killers while I wait for 12/10.
Nope - good to know. Hopefully I'll be able to power through it in over the next 10 days. :)
malchior

Post by malchior »

malchior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:56 pm
Nope - good to know. Hopefully I'll be able to power through it in over the next 10 days. :)
Just finished it. Almost perfect timing for Cyberpunk! Great game. I liked it more than Origins except for the sailing which just took way too long.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

malchior wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:51 am
Just finished it. Almost perfect timing for Cyberpunk! Great game. I liked it more than Origins except for the sailing which just took way too long.
How the hell did you finish Odyssey in 10 days?
FTE
malchior

Post by malchior »

Scraper wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:48 am
malchior wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:51 am
How the hell did you finish Odyssey in 10 days?
It was my job essentially - I've been on the bench and just gave notice so I'm not even employed at a job that cares about what I'm doing for a few weeks. I also time optimized a little bit once I figured out the 'system'. When I had opportunities while sailing I'd dock at ports and hit a sync point to be able to quick travel back. Did I mention the sailing was the worst part. I quickly minimized it. :)
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Just finished Origins and started up Valhalla. I'd like to go back to Egypt.