Racism in America (with data)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Racism in America (with data)

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Philly is burning for the second day. Predictable pattern as criminal elements take advantage and loot the shit out of everything.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Enough

Post by Enough »

Wow, that couple in St Louis are even worse people than I imagined.
Personal-injury attorneys Mark and Patricia McCloskey became instant national figures when they intercepted protesters marching past their marble-faced palazzo at One Portland Place, aimed guns at them and demanded they get out.

Americans saw the story they wanted to see. Some saw respected professionals fearing for their safety, reasonably exercising their Second Amendment rights to defend their home from violent trespassers. Others saw an overwrought, older affluent couple, recklessly pointing their weapons and asserting their white privilege.

But public records and interviews reveal a fuller picture than emerged two weeks ago. They show the McCloskeys are almost always in conflict with others, typically over control of private property, what people can do on that property, and whose job it is to make sure they do it.

They filed a lawsuit in 1988 to obtain their house, a castle built for Adolphus Busch’s daughter and her husband during St. Louis’ brief run as a world-class city in the early 20th century. At the McCloskeys’ property in Franklin County, they have sued neighbors for making changes to a gravel road and twice in just over two years evicted tenants from a modular home on their property.

The incident has become a contentious issue, as President Trump and Missouri Gov. Mike Parson have both denounced the decision to charge the couple.

Mark McCloskey sued a former employer for wrongful termination and his sister, father and his father’s caretaker for defamation.

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.

It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.
‘At gun point’

This court record shows the McCloskeys challenged a Portland Place resident “at gun point” who they said encroached on their property.

The McCloskeys have filed many other lawsuits.
In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.
‘Attention! This is private property’

“The children were crying in school,” Rabbi Susan Talve said. “It was part of our curriculum.”
They filed a lawsuit in St. Louis circuit court to try to force the trustees to enforce the neighborhood rules as written. The McCloskeys dismissed the claim, but the judge would not let them refile an amended version because it “failed to allege a justiciable controversy.”

The McCloskeys appealed all the way to the state Supreme Court to try to make the judge allow them to refile their case, but the effort failed.

One of the rules prohibited unmarried people from living together. Several neighbors said it was because the McCloskeys didn’t want gay couples living on the block. The trustees voted to impeach Patricia McCloskey as a trustee in 1992 when she fought an effort to change the trust indenture, accusing her of being anti-gay.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

I really hope karma has finally come for these folks.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Newsweek
Infighting has broken out between two leading members of the Proud Boys group, with one announcing he will be taking control of the far-right organization to address "White Genocide" and the "failures of multiculturalism."

White nationalist Kyle Chapman—who set up the "tactical defense arm" of the Proud Boys, the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights (FOAK)—has criticized the group's chairman Enrique Tarrio while announcing a so-called rebranding of the organization.

Writing on encrypted messaging app Telegram, Chapman used racial slurs against Tarrio and other neo-Nazi rhetoric while announcing that the "grifting leaders" had been deposed and the group would be renamed the Proud Goys. The term "goy"—a Hebrew word for a non-Jewish person—is sometimes used by white supremacists to signal their anti-Semitic beliefs, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Chapman, who goes by the nickname "Based Stickman" after he was photographed beating a protester with a stick at a Trump rally in Berkeley, California, in March 2017, went on to say the Proud Goys would fight for white people to "have their own countries where White interests are written into law."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Yep. The tl;dr is that the Proud Boys have declared themselves openly racist and white-supremacist (something they coyly but unpersuasively denied in the past).
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights?! What a horrifically mock-worthy name.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:56 pm Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights?! What a horrifically mock-worthy name.
Defending the Alt-Truth !
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:56 pm Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights?! What a horrifically mock-worthy name.
Damn FOAKin' right!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Yeah, ok.

Gov. Ron DeSantis has drafted “anti-mob” legislation that would expand Florida’s Stand Your Ground law — a move that critics say will allow armed citizens to shoot suspected looters or anyone engaged in “criminal mischief” that disrupts a business.

Lawyers say it’s just one of the many troubling aspects of the draft bill being pushed by the Republican governor in response to police-brutality protests that erupted across Florida and the United States this summer.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Everybody cashing in. Looks like he has at least one t-shirt sponsor.

And yes, that's Ricky Schroeder.

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just gagged on my silver spoon.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I found out yesterday that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen from Justified) is a rabid Trumper and anti-masker. Like...really rabid (his Twitter feed is absurd).

Always disappointing when you find out actors you like are dickbags in real life.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:17 am A tweet by Mitt Romney this morning led to the discovery that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen on Justified) is apparently a huge Trumper.

That’s disappointing.
It's always the memory that's the first to go.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:17 am A tweet by Mitt Romney this morning led to the discovery that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen on Justified) is apparently a huge Trumper.

That’s disappointing.
It's always the memory that's the first to go.
:lol: That was apparently so disappointing I had blocked it from my memory.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm I found out yesterday that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen from Justified) is a rabid Trumper and anti-masker. Like...really rabid (his Twitter feed is absurd).

Always disappointing when you find out actors you like are dickbags in real life.
Yeah, I was saddened to learn that Chris Pratt is one of them.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:59 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm I found out yesterday that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen from Justified) is a rabid Trumper and anti-masker. Like...really rabid (his Twitter feed is absurd).

You sent me to google. I'm not seeing it.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I get that it’s just Steve King being the usual Steve King garbage person, but...good lord.

I’m reading that @KamalaHarris made history as first woman, first black woman, first Asian woman, etc = a boatload of intersectionality points. But Kamala, are you descended from slaves or slave owners?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Skinypupy wrote:I found out yesterday that Nick Searcy (Art Mullen from Justified) is a rabid Trumper and anti-masker. Like...really rabid (his Twitter feed is absurd).

Yeah, I saw that too and noted that he was a disappointing garbage person, and he instantly blocked me. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm
Kraken wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:59 pm

You sent me to google. I'm not seeing it.
Apparently I'm repeating hearsay. I had thought he was open about it, but apparently not.
Verdict: Unknown

We cannot verify if Pratt is a Trump supporter because he hasn't confirmed it either way himself. The Hollywood actor has not shown any support publicly for the president or his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden.
I guess that means I can tentatively still like him? :wink:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Or he is ashamed to admit it.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There's a good case that he's likely conservative, but that doesn't make him a Trumpster. He keeps his views private. There's not enough reason to 'cancel' the guy.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:56 pm There's a good case that he's likely conservative, but that doesn't make him a Trumpster. He keeps his views private. There's not enough reason to 'cancel' the guy.
Agreed, and I'm not going to repeat the rumor again. Glad you motivated me to look it up.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

FWIW.

When actor Chris Pratt found himself trending on Twitter on Oct. 17, it wasn’t because of his new film or the birth of his first child.

Instead, Twitter users were clamoring for Pratt to be canceled because of his support of President Donald Trump.

There was one problem: Pratt had never said such a thing.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:07 pm I get that it’s just Steve King being the usual Steve King garbage person, but...good lord.

I’m reading that @KamalaHarris made history as first woman, first black woman, first Asian woman, etc = a boatload of intersectionality points. But Kamala, are you descended from slaves or slave owners?
Um... Does Steve King think Africans flocked to Jamaica for the entrepreneurial opportunities?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...

If Im not misreading this, a protest organizer was murdered last night/this morning in Louisville. The left needs to organize for self defense, or this sort of sh*t is going to keep happening.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:39 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...

If Im not misreading this, a protest organizer was murdered last night/this morning in Louisville. The left needs to organize for self defense, or this sort of sh*t is going to keep happening.
Link is to the crime front page. Not sure what story you're talking about.

Self defense isn't a left/right thing. It's a responsibility thing.

MYT
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 391468002/

Try that one.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is there any evidence that this was a politically motivated killing, and not just a senseless crime?
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:41 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 391468002/

Try that one.
What makes you think this was a hit or targeted because he was protestor? I've seen that it was an apparent carjacking but nothing verified.

MYT
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Older, but relevant. I didn't see this man's name anywhere in the thread when I searched.

Elijah McCain. Killed by police for "looking sketchy" while walking home August 24, 2019. They choked him out and then he later died of cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. After the police knocked him out by cutting off the flow of blood to his brain, he began vomiting and having difficulty breathing - telling them as much. During the arrest, all three responding officer's body cameras magically "fell off" so no one knows exactly what happened.

So many people being killed by the police that you sometimes only bump into their names a year or more after it happens.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Ah sweet, sweet justice for this pos

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/black ... index.html
(CNN)A 22-year-old woman has been arrested in California more than a week after falsely accusing the teenage son of a Black jazz musician of taking her iPhone in a heated confrontation caught on video.
If you haven't watched the video, check it out. Freakin' crazy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id love to see a video of her dragged from her car.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Idiot attorney allows her to do this interview:

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not sure whether race is a factor, but she definitely has a lesson to learn.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm I'm not sure whether race is a factor, but she definitely has a lesson to learn.
Definitely not. She just tackled the next person leaving the hotel and was astounded to discover he was a black man.

Edit: In case it was not mentioned, her phone was found in the hotel.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NewsOne
Ventura County Sheriff Capt. Eric Buschow said Ponsetto was borderline violent with his officers when they attempted to apprehend her. Police initiated a traffic stop when they saw Ponsetto driving near her home in the city of Piru, but she refused to stop for two blocks. Then when she finally did stop, she refused to get out of her car. Finally, the police had to resort to using some force on her.

“She tried to slam the door on one of the deputies and that’s when they just reached in and forcibly removed her,” Buschow told the Associated Press. There was no immediate indication of the charges Pnsetto was facing, but Buschow said there was the possibility of adding on charges of resisting arrest, too.
This is Ponsetto’s most recent brush with the law. She has a criminal past of public intoxication, driving under the influence of alcohol, driving with a suspended license and unlawful use of a driver’s license. And that was just in the 2020 calendar year alone.

Ponsetto has a court date on Jan. 14 stemming from the DUI, for which she is serving three years of probation. That means her assault on Harrold Jr. likely violated the terms of her probation.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:11 pm Idiot attorney allows her to do this interview:

Ugh, she's a tacky broad.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:22 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:17 pm I'm not sure whether race is a factor, but she definitely has a lesson to learn.
Definitely not. She just tackled the next person leaving the hotel and was astounded to discover he was a black man.

Edit: In case it was not mentioned, her phone was found in the hotel.
Word is that she had just accosted someone else and demanded to search them, too. She may have just been an arrogant, self-righteous person, and the kid that walked by with a phone just like hers happened to be black.

It may have been racism. But given the extreme response society has to accusations of racism these days (lost jobs, lost friends, lost families), I refuse to assume that a crime involving a minority is automatically racism. If it is racism I will condemn it along with everyone else, but I want some indication that race was actually a factor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, seems more like a case of affluenza. And she's now known as Soho Karen.