Political Randomness

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kraken

Re: Political Randomness

Post by Kraken »

My brain still hasn't stopped cheering for bad news, and it won't until trump finally exits stage right. The bad news served its purpose. We don't need any more. But my brain still doesn't believe me.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:58 am Whether we like it or not, she and Biden have to be able to work with these people. A small fist bump now may mean a deciding vote later on. Small gestures build trust.
Amen. I may hate these people at this point, but we hopefully elect people more mature than myself. In Trump’s case we failed miserably and voted in 9 year old me.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 amIn Trump’s case we failed miserably and voted in 9 year old me.
Man, I feel sorry for your parents and classmates if you were like Trump when you were 9.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 am Amen. I may hate these people at this point, but we hopefully elect people more mature than myself.
That's me. I need someone smarter than me, who gets along better than I do, and this deep in, they need to be more patient and find the better in people. Those were two traits I used to think I had at way above average but they've been drained out of me and I don't know how to replenish. I'm looking for the governing body who can help me as well as help them be better. Like a governing body of super smart selfless cognitive therapists who also specialize in all of these individual fields necessary to keep society funded and moving along ruled by laws of the people.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Paingod wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:10 am
hepcat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:04 amIn Trump’s case we failed miserably and voted in 9 year old me.
Man, I feel sorry for your parents and classmates if you were like Trump when you were 9.
Let's see, I ran Hepcat University and bilked my classmates out of hundreds of cents, paid only 25 cents in milk and lunch money throughout the entirety of elementary school, wrote insulting stuff in all caps on the blackboards of classrooms when no one was around and left them up for everyone to see, and I threw away all my non gold crayons.

...crap. TIme for a DNA test.
He won. Period.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Will trump pardon the turkey?
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Kraken wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 pm Will trump pardon the turkey?
Probably not, since their plumage is generally brown.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Bravo, sir.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

He'll have the turkey issue a self-pardon, and then have everyone who wants to remain a Republican in good standing give remarks about how great and extremely proper it was for the turkey to pardon itself.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

He'll hint a pardon, but the next day they'll find the turkey hanging in it's cage.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

He'll say he pardoned the turkey and sent it to a wonderful farm to live but provide no evidence of this at all while offering the reporter a turkey leg.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump will grudgingly pardon the turkey, but the turkey will spend the next 10 years wondering if Trump really loves him or if it was all just because of liabilities attaching to Trump himself. Eventually the turkey will make a series of increasingly desperate media gestures ending with an actual hostage situation that resolves itself when the turkey dies of coke-overdose heart failure.

We're talking about Don Jr., right?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

The turkey will be forcibly removed from the premises while it's eggs are locked in a carton in the white house basement.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Snopes: Did trump pardon a turkey that refused to concede an election?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

No real evidence in the thread (save for one comment that it looks do-able, but this would be quite funny...

I've seen what looks like legit proof of 5000 compromised Parler accounts including DM's of some well-known figures. Hackers decompiled the app, zero day exploit etc.. I wish I could unsee what I've seen.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Parler is built on Wordpress? LOLOLOLOLOL. They rolled out the red carpet to hackers. (If this ends up being true obv. - it seems hard to believe it'd actually be wordpress.)

Edit: Some speculation is this was just the registration portal but it's still really shoddy if this pans out. Maybe they hired Guiliani to review their cybersecurity. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They repeatedly say President Trump allows the transition go ahead to briefings and such and yadda.....why is it up to him? Shouldn't this be an automatic thing?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Just to show that the Democrats can resort to antidemocratic thuggery on occassion - Hudson County had a 10-year contract w/ ICE up for a vote last night. For TEN HOURS citizens spoke against the contract unanimously and then they passed it anyway to keep the dollars flowing exploiting human misery. You need the money? Guess that makes it ok (heavy sarcasm) but why a ten-year contract? That's absurd. And in the end they have no real fear of getting voted out. Also notable is that Booker, Menendez, and Murphy all didn't return the reporter's request for a comment. In the end very, very disappointing.

As to the politics, these people were just re-elected. They aren't up for 3 years and they are in one of the most corrupt counties in a fairly corrupt state. The County Dem chair is the daughter of the County Executive. It is a pure patronage pit. Ugly stuff.

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Pyperkub wrote:No real evidence in the thread (save for one comment that it looks do-able, but this would be quite funny...

I've seen what looks like legit proof of 5000 compromised Parler accounts including DM's of some well-known figures. Hackers decompiled the app, zero day exploit etc.. I wish I could unsee what I've seen.
Tweet deleted? I can’t get to the thread.
malchior

Post by malchior »

TBH the details on the "parler hack" are scant. Here is another Tweet. The bottom line is that from what I can tell is that Parler wrote a REST API that exposed the config of a Wordpress site. There are lots of possibilities here. It could have been just sitting around from a previous iteration of a site and been useless or it could be real but just exposed something non-critical as examples. The existence of this file/API result alone just gives an indication that they have poor IT hygiene/security practices but in itself doesn't prove much since we don't have a lot of other relevant detail. FWIW Parler is disavowing it but I don't believe them. The Tweet below show a pull from a web archive. It was live and it was hosted on their domain on July 20th at least. That much is a given.

malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:48 pm Texas
The last of the seven top aides who accused Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton of criminal violations has resigned from the agency.
Two of the other whistleblowers were fired last week, two more were put on leave, and two others have already resigned — leaving the sprawling agency without seven of its top officials. A spokesman for Paxton denied that the firings were retaliation, citing unspecified violations of agency policy.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-parler-hacked/
The right-wing social media app Parler was hacked in November 2020.
False
Evidence and lack of evidence in the link referring both deleted tweet and wordpress image.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And yet there seems to be no consequences for that kind of behavior.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Huh, that's the same guy that was trolling AOC for smiling. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The new Q-loving GOP Congresswoman from GA is a truly vile creature.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:27 pm The new Q-loving GOP Congresswoman from GA is a truly vile creature.

Sooo many Muslims. I don't how many but quite a few. You have that woman out of Minnesota.

I'm thinking so many is 2? My congress woman and that woman out of Minnesota.

Wiki says, nope. It's 4. I guess it's 2 Muslim women. So that's zero senators and 4 of 435 reps make an invasion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_M ... s_Congress
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I just found out that Herschel Walker is a full-blown MAGA Trumper. That one’s a head-scratcher.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:24 am I just found out that Herschel Walker is a full-blown MAGA Trumper. That one’s a head-scratcher.
In 2018, Walker endorsed Secretary of State Brian Kemp for Governor
Deep State infil-traitor!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
raydude

Post by raydude »

He's also all-in on the Lin Wood, Sidney Powell train wreck.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Reclaiming the stars and stripes.
Across the country, in their cautious euphoria after the election, foes of Trump have been embracing the flag in similar ways: unfurling it in front of their homes, waving it in the streets, or simply looking at it differently. The day Biden gave his victory speech, Nancy La Vigne, executive director of the Council on Criminal Justice’s Task Force on Policing, took out the flag she always flies on holidays and hung it outside her home in liberal Bethesda, Maryland. La Vigne meant the act as “an expression of pride in how the system of democracy actually works.” But as the hours went by and she noticed more and more flags around her neighborhood, she realized she was seeing something broader: A spontaneous reclaiming of a symbol that, in the Trump years, had come to represent only one side.
Until trump lost the election, I worried that our flag might be co-opted by hate groups the way the police flag was.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:40 am
Skinypupy wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:24 am I just found out that Herschel Walker is a full-blown MAGA Trumper. That one’s a head-scratcher.
In 2018, Walker endorsed Secretary of State Brian Kemp for Governor
Deep State infil-traitor!
He's been hit in the head a lot.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 pm Reclaiming the stars and stripes.
Across the country, in their cautious euphoria after the election, foes of Trump have been embracing the flag in similar ways: unfurling it in front of their homes, waving it in the streets, or simply looking at it differently. The day Biden gave his victory speech, Nancy La Vigne, executive director of the Council on Criminal Justice’s Task Force on Policing, took out the flag she always flies on holidays and hung it outside her home in liberal Bethesda, Maryland. La Vigne meant the act as “an expression of pride in how the system of democracy actually works.” But as the hours went by and she noticed more and more flags around her neighborhood, she realized she was seeing something broader: A spontaneous reclaiming of a symbol that, in the Trump years, had come to represent only one side.
Until trump lost the election, I worried that our flag might be co-opted by hate groups the way the police flag was.
I've never thought that there was any danger of the MAGA folk 'claiming' the U.S. flag. To be sure the right wing has for a long time been more nationalistic and more prone to wrap themselves in the flag as a general matter, but I don't think that they've ever come close to monopolizing the flag as a symbol..
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oooofh...

Library worker accused of burning conservative books
In a video posted briefly on Instagram on Tuesday, Williams burns copies of conservative commentator Ann Coulter’s “How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)” and President Donald Trump’s “Crippled America” in an outdoor fire, spraying each with lighter fluid. “FDT,” a Trump protest song by YG and Nipsey Hussle, plays in the background.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

El Guapo wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:47 pm
Kraken wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:28 pm Reclaiming the stars and stripes.
I've never thought that there was any danger of the MAGA folk 'claiming' the U.S. flag. To be sure the right wing has for a long time been more nationalistic and more prone to wrap themselves in the flag as a general matter, but I don't think that they've ever come close to monopolizing the flag as a symbol..
Did you see the pickup trucks with an American flag on one side of the bed and a trump flag on the other?

If trump had stolen a second election, our flag would've struck fear in much of the world.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I've often thought about putting a flag on the front porch, but I would feel compelled to bring it in every time it looked like rain.

You're supposed to do that, right? But few people do.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Holman wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:56 am I've often thought about putting a flag on the front porch, but I would feel compelled to bring it in every time it looked like rain.

You're supposed to do that, right? But few people do.
Get an all-weather flag. Per the US Flag Code it's fine to fly all weather flags in the rain.

But take it in at night unless you have it it illuminated.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It sometimes occurs to me that if George Soros was who the right-wing believes him to be, he'd have long since implemented a master plan to colonize red states with strategically located left-wing enclaves in order to reshape the political landscape. It'd be like a large-scale Antelope, OR (but hopefully without all the bioterrorism).
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

How hard is reality going to hit Trump supporters after Biden takes the oath and becomes president?
I keep thinking this is a joke, but then I thought Trump running for the presidency was a joke and look what happened there.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:02 am How hard is reality going to hit Trump supporters after Biden takes the oath and becomes president?
I keep thinking this is a joke, but then I thought Trump running for the presidency was a joke and look what happened there.
They will just refuse to accept it and keep hounding Biden until he dies. It will make birtherism seem like a college prank.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter