Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by coopasonic »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 pm (with help from China, Iran, Antifa, and the Caravan).
Chiran and Caratifa. Soon to be Chifa.

Wait, can't forget COVID. Covivififa.
How about just covfefe?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 pm
malchior wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 am Well he has gone further and ordered an investigation into the Mayor of Seattle for allowing the CHAZ thing to happen. The DOJ is a full-on Trumpist organization right now. Though to be somewhat fair to the good people resisting this absolute corruption, I'm pleasantly surprised that Durham apparently is currently resisting pressure to release the 'Russia investigation' investigation report.
Barr will have it out one way or another, and it will prove that Biden was behind a scheme to undermine Donald Trump from the beginning (with help from China, Iran, Antifa, and the Caravan).
Durham can have significant impact on how anything that Barr does on this is covered by the media, though. Barr wants headlines like "U.S. Attorney 'Strongly Considering' Criminal Charges Against Authors of Russia Probe", but Durham can cause those headlines to be "Barr Releases Controversial 'Report' On Russia Probe Over Objections From U.S. Attorney".
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:02 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:10 pm (with help from China, Iran, Antifa, and the Caravan).
Chiran and Caratifa. Soon to be Chifa.

Wait, can't forget COVID. Covivififa.
How about just covfefe?
He predicted all this, we just misunderstood.

Also, turns out that the cure for COVID is a di-iron hydrogenase. He told us. We didn't listen. COV[ID cure is ]FeFe.

5D chess.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm Covivififa.
Ah HA! It's all falling into place.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

People
Michael Caputo — the top spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services who recently took medical leave following controversial social media posts — has been diagnosed with metastatic head and neck cancer, according to a new report by the Buffalo News.
Caputo, who was appointed assistant secretary of public affairs in April, has seen his short tenure marked with a litany of controversies. In April and May, CNN unearthed a series of since-deleted tweets in which Caputo made racist comments about Chinese people and directed sexist comments toward women.

The controversy intensified in September when Politico detailed how Caputo, an ally of disgraced campaign advisor Roger Stone, allegedly worked to interfere with CDC findings on COVID-19.

Just last week, Caputo announced he would be taking a 60-day medical leave, days after posting a bizarre video on social media in which he claimed government scientists were practicing "sedition" and warned of an armed revolt.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Ain't karma a bitch.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Guess that paranoia was indicative of something much worse. I hate to say it but a dirty tricks player off the board is welcome news.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Enlarge Image
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:14 pm Emily Miller out as FDA spokesperson.
"Effective immediately, Emily Miller will no longer serve the FDA as the assistant commissioner for media affairs and will no longer be the official spokesperson for the Agency," Hahn wrote in an email to senior leaders that was shared with POLITICO. "I will appoint someone to an acting role in that position in the interim."
Colleagues said that Miller, with no prior medical or science experience, was a bad fit inside an agency rushing to fight a pandemic. "There was an inability to do anything inside the agency," said one health official. "She couldn't even pronounce convalescent plasma."

No medical experience? No Agency experience? She must have had some sort of redeeming qualities, no?
Spoiler:

Fucking pathetic. And people still argue that we're not compromised top to bottom..
ars technica
Back in August, the Food and Drug Administration ousted Emily Miller from her role as the agency’s top spokesperson. Miller, a right-wing activist and former One America News reporter, was installed in the FDA by the White House and given the role of assistant commissioner for media affairs, a role typically held by nonpartisan civil servants. She held the post for a mere 11 days and was fired amid intense controversy after several high-profile agency missteps.

But now it appears that Miller never left the FDA. She’s still at the regulatory agency and has since been given a new—perhaps more prestigious—title. And as before, she is causing problems for the agency.

Miller is now the senior advisor to the chief of staff at the FDA. As an FDA employee, she has publicly promoted an unapproved drug as being “like a cure” for COVID-19 on Twitter. Her tweets support unproven and potentially dangerous statements from President Trump and may violate FDA regulations. The drug she promoted is currently being reviewed by the FDA for emergency use, raising concerns about the agency’s impartiality.

Though Miller’s Twitter account has been altered in recent days to remove her title at the FDA and any connection to the agency, she is still listed on the FDA’s website. The website does not list her new or old title, however.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Chief Fundraiser pleading Guilty to illegal Lobbying:
Elliott Broidy, a former top political fundraiser for President Donald Trump and the Republican Party, plans to plead guilty to participating in an illegal foreign lobbying scheme and cooperate with investigators in the matter, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Broidy was charged on Oct. 8 with illegally lobbying the Trump administration to stop investigating the embezzlement scandal at the 1MDB Malaysian state investment fund. Jho Low, a Malaysian fugitive who was charged as the mastermind of the 1MDB fraud, initially paid Broidy $6 million to lobby the U.S. Justice Department to stop its investigation and promised an additional $75 million if the lobbying succeeded, prosecutors said.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:14 pm Emily Miller out as FDA spokesperson.
"Effective immediately, Emily Miller will no longer serve the FDA as the assistant commissioner for media affairs and will no longer be the official spokesperson for the Agency," Hahn wrote in an email to senior leaders that was shared with POLITICO. "I will appoint someone to an acting role in that position in the interim."
Colleagues said that Miller, with no prior medical or science experience, was a bad fit inside an agency rushing to fight a pandemic. "There was an inability to do anything inside the agency," said one health official. "She couldn't even pronounce convalescent plasma."

No medical experience? No Agency experience? She must have had some sort of redeeming qualities, no?
Spoiler:

Fucking pathetic. And people still argue that we're not compromised top to bottom..
ars technica
Back in August, the Food and Drug Administration ousted Emily Miller from her role as the agency’s top spokesperson. Miller, a right-wing activist and former One America News reporter, was installed in the FDA by the White House and given the role of assistant commissioner for media affairs, a role typically held by nonpartisan civil servants. She held the post for a mere 11 days and was fired amid intense controversy after several high-profile agency missteps.

But now it appears that Miller never left the FDA. She’s still at the regulatory agency and has since been given a new—perhaps more prestigious—title. And as before, she is causing problems for the agency.

Miller is now the senior advisor to the chief of staff at the FDA. As an FDA employee, she has publicly promoted an unapproved drug as being “like a cure” for COVID-19 on Twitter. Her tweets support unproven and potentially dangerous statements from President Trump and may violate FDA regulations. The drug she promoted is currently being reviewed by the FDA for emergency use, raising concerns about the agency’s impartiality.

Though Miller’s Twitter account has been altered in recent days to remove her title at the FDA and any connection to the agency, she is still listed on the FDA’s website. The website does not list her new or old title, however.
And one of the most lucrative insider trades is on FDA information. You know she's feeding that stuff to someone.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Detroit
Months after vowing to process a backlog of 160,000 requests for loan forgiveness from students who say they were defrauded by their schools, the U.S. Education Department has rejected 94% of claims it has reviewed, according to a federal judge who is demanding justification for the “blistering pace” of denials.

In a biting decision issued Monday in California, U.S. District Judge William Alsup said the department has been denying claims using template letters that are “alarmingly curt." Alsup threatened to suspend the agency from rejecting further requests, saying its approach “hangs borrowers out to dry.”
In a proposed settlement in April, the Education Department agreed to process the backlog of claims within 18 months. But Alsup scrapped the deal Monday, saying it was undermined by the recent spate of rejections. Instead, he called on the lawsuit to proceed and he authorized the deposition of up to five department officials to explain the denials.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hard to believe the election is just one half-Scaramucci from completion.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Holman wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:36 pm Hard to believe the election is just one half-Scaramucci from completion.
:clap:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Now I need an explainer for what it means to accept a pardon for everything Flynn was charged with.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm Now I need an explainer for what it means to accept a pardon for everything Flynn was charged with.
I have no idea, but QAnon isn't happy about. That means...something.
Just like a Biden inauguration would be seen as a major blow to QAnon’s belief system, the reason so many QAnon believers don’t want to see Flynn pardoned is that it would undermine their belief that Trump is in control and about to expose the deep state plot.

But, based on the way the community has tended to react to incidents that have gone against Q’s predictions, if Trump does pardon Flynn, followers will quickly change the narrative to claim this move was part of the plan all along.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Do you congratulate people on giving them a pardon for doing criminal acts on your behalf?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:31 pm
Holman wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:12 pm Now I need an explainer for what it means to accept a pardon for everything Flynn was charged with.
I have no idea, but QAnon isn't happy about. That means...something.
Just like a Biden inauguration would be seen as a major blow to QAnon’s belief system, the reason so many QAnon believers don’t want to see Flynn pardoned is that it would undermine their belief that Trump is in control and about to expose the deep state plot.

But, based on the way the community has tended to react to incidents that have gone against Q’s predictions, if Trump does pardon Flynn, followers will quickly change the narrative to claim this move was part of the plan all along.
Today was the day Sidney Powell was supposed to "Release the Kraken," meaning present the evidence that would Blow This Whole Case Wide Open, or at least file the lawsuit that would do so. She seems not to have done so, and it's quitting time on the east coast.

QMAGA's are apparently now pivoting to the notion that Mike Flynn himself is The Kraken who was released, so he's the one that will bring the New Dawn or the mass arrests 'n executions or whatever it is they're expecting.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Lol. Meanwhile Glenn Kirschner loses his mind. Everyone I've read says that the President's pardon power is absolute except for himself -- possibly. It's over. Sullivan might make Flynn acknowledge the pardon in court (Burdick v. United States guiding there) but everything I've read says that'd be the end of it.

What can happen is Congress hauls Flynn in and questions him. He can't take the 5th because of the pardon.

Last edited by malchior on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I look forward to the day when I can indulge fluid fantasies, like when my house payment comes due and I can declare I really don't owe anything on the house, up to the point when the Collection Agency calls, and then I can point out how I must be right, since the bank has clearly given up on calling me themselves anymore.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Elaine Chao (Secy of Transportation) just resigned.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

gilraen wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:47 pm Elaine Chao (Secy of Transportation) just resigned.
Note that per her letter she will remain in office through Monday, which is potentially relevant if the 25th winds up getting invoked.
Black Lives Matter.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Word on my radio is that Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is going to be Secretary of Labor. Walsh has solid union bona fides.

With Moscow Mitch out of the way, can we assume that Biden will get the cabinet he wants?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Kraken wrote:Word on my radio is that Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is going to be Secretary of Labor. Walsh has solid union bona fides.

With Moscow Mitch out of the way, can we assume that Biden will get the cabinet he wants?
I heard this and now I'm wondering who's going to go for the Throne of Boston.

Edit: oooh I'm excited by the possibilities

https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/01/07/ki ... ston-mayor
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:58 pm
gilraen wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:47 pm Elaine Chao (Secy of Transportation) just resigned.
Note that per her letter she will remain in office through Monday, which is potentially relevant if the 25th winds up getting invoked.
Trump has been replacing (purging) those who are not loyal in the cabinet for a while. Barr's resignation as Attorney General let him off the hook of having to vote on the 25th. I fully expect Barr suspected Trump eventually would pull a stunt like yesterday.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
stessier

Post by stessier »

[trow][/trow]
Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:59 pm Word on my radio is that Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is going to be Secretary of Labor. Walsh has solid union bona fides.

This is the not the thread you were looking for.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:10 pm
Kraken wrote:Word on my radio is that Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is going to be Secretary of Labor. Walsh has solid union bona fides.

I heard this and now I'm wondering who's going to go for the Throne of Boston.

Edit: oooh I'm excited by the possibilities

https://www.wbur.org/news/2021/01/07/ki ... ston-mayor
Maybe John Connolly takes another run at it? He made it a tight race last time, so maybe with Walsh out of the picture, the door is open for him?

Boston could do a whole lot worse. He was a law school classmate of mine. He's smart and a genuinely good guy.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:52 pm [trow][/trow]
Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:59 pm Word on my radio is that Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is going to be Secretary of Labor. Walsh has solid union bona fides.

This is the not the thread you were looking for.
:oops: :lol:

Biden...trump...who can tell them apart?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:20 pm Biden...trump...who can tell them apart?
Speaking of which, anyone heard from Drazzil lately?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:27 pm
Has anyone seen him and Via Getty together?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Still tied to him with a steel cable for eternity.

NEWS: Betsy DeVos has resigned, writing in a letter to the president: "There is no mistaking the impact your rhetoric had on the situation, and it is the inflection point for me."
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Good riddance DeVos, you fucking horrific ghoul.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:31 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:27 pm
Has anyone seen him and Via Getty together?
I don't post as much anymore, because it doesen't matter. What is, is. What will be, will be. None of it will be good.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.