Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 am I'm glad that I put TSLA on the do not buy list with my wealth manager. No matter how it turns out the whole thing smells wrong and I learned long ago to trust that instinct. That analysis speaks to that to me. The fundamentals are way wrong now and the selling off stock to finance growth makes sense but it is dangerous. What happens if the bottom falls out and they have a cash crisis? That possibility alone makes me think there should be a bright flashing red sign saying 'Extreme Risk' at this moment.
I'll admit I trade it while poo-pooing it at the same time.

It's pretty much easy beer money to flip 10 or 20 shares on a drop. But its' never something I'll buy a lot of or keep long term.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yeah obviously it depends on investing goals. I've stopped chasing those type of risks because I don't need the rewards associated anymore.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:18 am I'm glad that I put TSLA on the do not buy list with my wealth manager. No matter how it turns out the whole thing smells wrong and I learned long ago to trust that instinct. That analysis speaks to that to me. The fundamentals are way wrong now and the selling off stock to finance growth makes sense but it is dangerous. What happens if the bottom falls out and they have a cash crisis? That possibility alone makes me think there should be a bright flashing red sign saying 'Extreme Risk' at this moment.
As a company it could do very well. As a stock it's a tulip bulb. If you can time when to get out, you can make some money. But there's going to be a lot of people hurt.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:16 am
As a company it could do very well. As a stock it's a tulip bulb. If you can time when to get out, you can make some money. But there's going to be a lot of people hurt.
At this point, I'll never give back more than I made, so I'm OK with buying 1 or 2 shares and playing a game. I still think they're worth the $50 (or what was at the time $250 a share... before the growth and the release of billions more in stock dilution) and I seriously regret not having more money and more faith to not buy more than 4 shares at the time. $1000 is still a whole lot of money for me. I don't regret seeing $750 and thinking people were a bit too high on potential to start selling, then buying, then selling, and then getting out at $1000. I don't regret but I am still sad I don't continue to ride the train up making money while continuing to cycle in and out of my 4 shares. But I just couldn't. I still can't get to what is now $200 share from what is there. I'm only willing to play again for a share or two because I have $3000 in short term gains from my 4 shares of TSLA jumping in and out.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:16 amAs a company it could do very well. As a stock it's a tulip bulb. If you can time when to get out, you can make some money. But there's going to be a lot of people hurt.
Right - the underlying business is solid so there will be the base layer that'll get wiped out when this bubble pops. I also think their is an edge case where they can't finance operations in the midst of a bubble pop. They are getting high off their own supply. They won't fold because the business is solid but it could wipe out a lot of capital owners and have a ripple effect out on the market especially with it in the index. It sure looks like another case of financial genius runs into greed and flim flam.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Also someone talk me in to or out of HBI. I like their earnings, their dividends, their market, their relative immunity to turbulence. They seem like a relatively safe spot to put smaller amounts of money. Is there some sort of innerwear marketplace disrupter I need to worry about destroying them, demonstrating yet again how little I understand the marketplace and how because they aren't a growth stock, they are dying stock just waiting for that disrupter buzzword to be realized? For me, it looks like a good place to tuck money to make what CDs *should* be making.
malchior

Post by malchior »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:43 am Also someone talk me in to or out of HBI. I like their earnings, their dividends, their market, their relative immunity to turbulence. They seem like a relatively safe spot to put smaller amounts of money. Is there some sort of innerwear marketplace disrupter I need to worry about destroying them, demonstrating yet again how little I understand the marketplace and how because they aren't a growth stock, they are dying stock just waiting for that disrupter buzzword to be realized? For me, it looks like a good place to tuck money to make what CDs *should* be making.
They seem solid. The dividend yield is reasonably good and they seem to have a healthy cash flow. I just looked and they spent the year buying back stock; the management consultancy sanctioned go to move when you can't use the money for better purposes. In other words, cash flow is not an issue in a downturn. They seem to have weathered this storm well.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Play HBI as value, not a dividend/income stock. That dividend seems high.

I like DUK for income.

I also like GAB but that's higher risk.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't know how to value energy stocks, even a little and I learned this the hard way when I started, so I'm relying on my indexes to cover the ebb and flows of energy. HBI is more about finding a place for my growing cash with less risk (though not zero)

I guess value stock is what I mean by that, maybe. Only not that I think value is relatively high, only that I think it is relatively stable, if that makes sense. I'm looking to understand why I'm wrong.

With regard to GAB, I don't really have a grasp on what they do. I tried to figure it out when you mentioned them before. I like your take on things when I can grasp it but I couldn't wrap my head around them and that's enough to for me to stay away. I'm not ashamed to admit I learned about CRON and AOUT and then took on learning about them and picked up token positions in them so I'm always eager follow up on what you're laying down. I watched CWH, even if I couldn't warrant it, especially as my intent with everything but TSLA is to hold long positions. Even TSLA stated out as something I was going to keep long but the math went from "it makes sense to me" to insanity.

I was very late to this thread, not having a personal portfolio until a few years ago, but this thread (and in particular you and ND) have been very helpful toward my growth in understanding. So again, thank you.

I almost forgot. You also brought SDC to my attention. They aren't a long position but rather a gamble. I watched them for months after you talked about them and picked enough to do covered calls with when they dropped to $9.50. Not sure when I'll get out but they've paid for themselves at 1/3rd and as it stands, I have in a $10.50 covered call ITM for Dec 24th which would be another 10% if I don't buy it back and push it out. I'm not sure when I hit the point where I thought it was OK to gamble with $1000. Sometime during the furloughs, like everyone else, I guess but until the hammer falls, I've doing not nearly as well as everyone else, but finding a lot of money in these tulips.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

GME epic short squeeze maybe unfolding.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If I were smart enough to day trade that could be a fun in and out.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AP News
Nasdaq is pushing for the more than 3,000 companies listed on its U.S. stock exchange to make their boardrooms less overwhelmingly male and white by hiring directors that better reflect the country’s diverse population.

The company filed a proposal Tuesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission that, if approved, would require all companies on the exchange to disclose the breakdowns of their boards by race, gender and sexual orientation. Companies that do not comply could be delisted, or kicked off the exchange.

The proposal would also require most Nasdaq-listed companies to have at least two diverse directors or, if they cannot meet the mandate, to explain why not. That could include one board member who is female and one who is either an underrepresented racial minority or LGBTQ. Foreign companies and smaller companies would have additional flexibility in satisfying this requirement with two female directors.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Sounds good to me on first blush.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

KR might be headed to an over correction, IMO and a good value. I got's no money to buy but if it dips below $29 I'll wish I did, especially as I'd turn around sell a $31 or $32 option right away.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:50 pm AP News
Nasdaq is pushing for the more than 3,000 companies listed on its U.S. stock exchange to make their boardrooms less overwhelmingly male and white by hiring directors that better reflect the country’s diverse population.

The company filed a proposal Tuesday with the Securities and Exchange Commission that, if approved, would require all companies on the exchange to disclose the breakdowns of their boards by race, gender and sexual orientation. Companies that do not comply could be delisted, or kicked off the exchange.

The proposal would also require most Nasdaq-listed companies to have at least two diverse directors or, if they cannot meet the mandate, to explain why not. That could include one board member who is female and one who is either an underrepresented racial minority or LGBTQ. Foreign companies and smaller companies would have additional flexibility in satisfying this requirement with two female directors.
Hmm.

Required question for consideration for corporate board membership: Are you LGBT or Q?

Doesn't anyone see a problem with this?

MYT
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:17 am Hmm.

Required question for consideration for corporate board membership: Are you LGBT or Q?

I used to. Not as much any more. I would even like to see the German model where 1/3 of the board must be employee representation.

Corporate interests are not aligned with public interests. As Warren Buffett has indicated, in his career, he's only been asked to sit on a compensation committee one time.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

noxiousdog wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:40 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:17 am Hmm.

I used to. Not as much any more. I would even like to see the German model where 1/3 of the board must be employee representation.

Corporate interests are not aligned with public interests. As Warren Buffett has indicated, in his career, he's only been asked to sit on a compensation committee one time.
I mean specifically that question. Isn't it illegal to ask?

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I think I've said it a few times, TSLA is a tech company masquerading as a car company. I may be wrong in this. They may very well be a SPAC masquerading as a tech company masquerading as a car company.

*Shakes head*
At the close of a blockbuster year for Tesla which saw its shares set to be included in the S&P 500, cementing its reputation as "the only stock that matters" (according to some analysts), the company announced on Tuesday morning yet another $5BN at-the-market share offering.
Did we mention Goldman is lead manager? Yes, the same Goldman which 4 days ago "inexplicably" upgraded TSLA from Neutral to Buy in a bizarre note that many said indicate a follow on offering is imminent.

That Goldman upgrade was indeed a surprise and all they did to justify the new price was change the multiple. Now we can see why.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:28 am I think I've said it a few times, TSLA is a tech company masquerading as a car company. I may be wrong in this. They may very well be a SPAC masquerading as a tech company masquerading as a car company.

*Shakes head*
At the close of a blockbuster year for Tesla which saw its shares set to be included in the S&P 500, cementing its reputation as "the only stock that matters" (according to some analysts), the company announced on Tuesday morning yet another $5BN at-the-market share offering.
Did we mention Goldman is lead manager? Yes, the same Goldman which 4 days ago "inexplicably" upgraded TSLA from Neutral to Buy in a bizarre note that many said indicate a follow on offering is imminent.

That Goldman upgrade was indeed a surprise and all they did to justify the new price was change the multiple. Now we can see why.
CNBC said Musk plans to do regular 5BN at market offerings in the future. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:28 am I think I've said it a few times, TSLA is a tech company masquerading as a car company. I may be wrong in this. They may very well be a SPAC masquerading as a tech company masquerading as a car company.

*Shakes head*

Not the first time Goldman has done this, either. As soon as that upgrade came out I thought to myself that we'd see an offering within a week or two.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Pushed out most of my Dec 18th covered call to April 16th, taking token amounts of profit but increasing their call price.

ADT
ADTN
VZ
VTI
HBAN

I still have DEC 18 very expensive to buy back covered calls for F, VT, and SPY but I'm not comfortable with pushing them out yet. However, as every call I have is ITM (in the money), I don't want to with until the last minute on everything and then find I don't have time during a workday to play amateur investor and accidentally let all my calls hit strike price and have to pay taxes on selling off just about everything.

I'm losing out on huge ups with these covered calls but I'm actually comfortable with this. It's not like I'm selling the assets and I keep increasing my buy back price every time I push out my calls. Except for in SPY. SPY is scary and it's a huge part of my entire worth. If my SPY call ever go OTM (Out of The Money) I might just stop doing those calls and let it go back to existing unmolested.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:37 pm However, as every call I have is ITM (in the money), I don't want to with until the last minute on everything and then find I don't have time during a workday to play amateur investor and accidentally let all my calls hit strike price and have to pay taxes on selling off just about everything.
I have Jan 2020 UMC $2.50 calls that I'm pretty sure I'm going to exercise. I've considered exercising them a few weeks early just so some anonymous investor at the other end has a nice WTF moment.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:37 pm Pushed out most of my Dec 18th covered call to April 16th, taking token amounts of profit but increasing their call price.

ADT
ADTN
VZ
VTI
HBAN

I still have DEC 18 very expensive to buy back covered calls for F, VT, and SPY but I'm not comfortable with pushing them out yet. However, as every call I have is ITM (in the money), I don't want to with until the last minute on everything and then find I don't have time during a workday to play amateur investor and accidentally let all my calls hit strike price and have to pay taxes on selling off just about everything.
Since you're rolling (I'm assuming out and up?) ITM covered calls, are you familiar with the qualified/unqualified rules on calls? If you're not careful, you can end up tolling the holding period and have short-term gain tax treatment even if you've held the underlying shares for more than a year.

[Edit to add that if you've already held the underlying shares for a year when you opened the call position against them, this is all something you don't have to worry about.]
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:55 pm Since you're rolling (I'm assuming out and up?) ITM covered calls, are you familiar with the qualified/unqualified rules on calls? If you're not careful, you can end up tolling the holding period and have short-term gain tax treatment even if you've held the underlying shares for more than a year.

[Edit to add that if you've already held the underlying shares for a year when you opened the call position against them, this is all something you don't have to worry about.]
1) Yes, out and up.

2) No. I am in for a big awakening come tax time. I have never done anything but buy and hold until 2020. Some of my stuff is shot term. Some is long term.

My assumption is that my calls don't affect my original position but that might be faulty. I can't see how it would be given the TD Ameritrades tracking of of realized and unrealized gains (which I can thank for discovering the concept of "wash sales" changing my uninformed calculus much earlier this year).
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:35 pmMy assumption is that my calls don't affect my original position but that might be faulty. I can't see how it would be given the TD Ameritrades tracking of of realized and unrealized gains (which I can thank for discovering the concept of "wash sales" changing my uninformed calculus much earlier this year).
The short version is that you can end up stopping the time held count on your shares, so it takes longer than a year for them to be considered long-term.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:53 pm
LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:35 pmMy assumption is that my calls don't affect my original position but that might be faulty. I can't see how it would be given the TD Ameritrades tracking of of realized and unrealized gains (which I can thank for discovering the concept of "wash sales" changing my uninformed calculus much earlier this year).
The short version is that you can end up stopping the time held count on your shares, so it takes longer than a year for them to be considered long-term.

That's what I'm reading right now. No big deal but it's good to know and a surprise that could hit me down the road, so thank you for inviting me to read up on it. That's part of the value of this thread. :D
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Looking at my tiny position in TROW, I really wish I could have warranted a bigger buy. I think my SPY is gone too nuts in value but my TROW is up 20% in 2.5 months. I was hoping to pick up more with my end of December payday/annual Roth IRA contribution but I think that might be a tough pill to swallow. That money might literally sit doing nothing. I'll continue to watch here for idea/input. :D
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 pm Looking at my tiny position in TROW, I really wish I could have warranted a bigger buy. I think my SPY is gone too nuts in value but my TROW is up 20% in 2.5 months. I was hoping to pick up more with my end of December payday/annual Roth IRA contribution but I think that might be a tough pill to swallow. That money might literally sit doing nothing. I'll continue to watch here for idea/input. :D
Up is up.

I put a small position on POWW last week and it's up over 35%. If I put a big one on, I'd be buying a new kitchen. Did the same with BMYr and it was up over 100% in a few days. But both were at the extreme end of my risk tolerance so I only made small bets.

Put large position on AMZN and it's flat.

Stick to the plan. Stick to the plan...

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

POWW
:shock:

I would love to be a fly on your wall and understand what you seem to understand.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:25 pm Looking at my tiny position in TROW, I really wish I could have warranted a bigger buy. I think my SPY is gone too nuts in value but my TROW is up 20% in 2.5 months. I was hoping to pick up more with my end of December payday/annual Roth IRA contribution but I think that might be a tough pill to swallow. That money might literally sit doing nothing. I'll continue to watch here for idea/input. :D
You actually invest in T Rowe Price stock? You'd make more off one of their turbocharged mutual funds (the main one I'm in is up 50% YTD, and has returned over 18% year over year since I started investing in it).
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:52 pm
POWW
:shock:

I would love to be a fly on your wall and understand what you seem to understand.
I don't post a lot of my higher risk trades here. POWW was OTC and was planning to uplist to NASDAQ. They manufacture and sell ammo, which right now is selling water in the desert. They are one of a few pure plays. Their financials are terrible but I figured with the secondary at $2.10 for a quick drop and the uplist that it was time to get in.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

POWW up another 7% today.

I think I mentioned TA in here back in August when it was like $15 or $16. It's $34 today. I was out around $28 but that was a less risky call.

GAB throws off a 10% dividend but is also up over 25%. Still holding.

Looking at JWS right now. I think it comes back a bit so waiting but it's $15 or $20 fairly easily.

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Doordash looks like it will open way above IPO pricing. Currently at $162 vs. $102 price. So peak 2020.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:41 am POWW up another 7% today.

I think I mentioned TA in here back in August when it was like $15 or $16. It's $34 today. I was out around $28 but that was a less risky call.

GAB throws off a 10% dividend but is also up over 25%. Still holding.

Looking at JWS right now. I think it comes back a bit so waiting but it's $15 or $20 fairly easily.
I don't remember TA. I do remember you talking about CWS. I liked your thinking but couldn't warrant the move. IIRC it's been rollercoaster but generally positive.

Something like JWS is so far out of my ability to understand I can't even take the time to learn about your interest. At the same time I find it interesting that you bring this up on the same morning that CNBC is all agaga with the idea of "SPAC"s as a reaction to the all of IPO news hitting right now. I had never heard the term "Special Purpose Acquisition Company" until yesterday. (The IPO I am curious about isn't DoorDash so much as I am AirBnB which is poised to take over the travel destination space worldwide. At the same time, curiosity isn't the same as curious enough to consider buying. I'm too timid for that sort of thing.)

Still not sure where my new money will go when I have it at the end of the month and for my IRA contribution. Unless a good value IMO at my affordability and understanding jumps at me, I'm likely to let it nest egg or hold my nose an increase my VTI telling myself "this is for the long. this if for the long. this is for the long."

Also the TV said Doordash has already raised the IPO $102 as it was the max they were allowed to because legal. It was already at something like 40% above what they were originally to set the price at.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I'ma regret this but I might just gamble on in and out with ABNB this morning. I'm thinking about 10 shares and then hope it goes up and up enough to sell off 8 of those shares quickly to pay for most of the two remaining shares. I guess that will be my entertainment money for the 2nd half of the year. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

Edit: Just heard in the background that it currently looks like $154 before I'll ever see a chance to buy. So, uh, never mind, right now.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Mentioned this a few pages ago, but in addition to holding a couple of cannabis stocks, CURLF (Curaleaf), and APHA Aphria, I decided to buy a basket of psilocybin stocks (as opposed to focusing on one) because

1. I had no idea which ones of the maybe 4-5 trading, were...good, for lack of a better word.
2. The industry is in its infancy, and there will likely be some early acquisitions etc when things heat up in the space.

So I plunked about $5K each into 4 penny stocks (the one trading the highest was at the time I think .45), fully ok with potentially losing it all. I told myself if any one of them hit $1, I would really back up the truck and buy a serious position. One from that basked made it, and I did indeed plunk down in a major way (in several batches).

As I was researching companies, the one that kept coming up time and again was not even publicly traded then (this is about 2 months ago), so obviously I didn't and couldn't buy into that one. Since that time, they have IPO'd and Peter Thiel dumped some money into them, which kind of caused a chain reaction in the "mushroom space". Share prices up, and big.

Fast forward to today: Canada announces approval for use of psilocybin in therapy. I can't help but think that might be a forward indicator for the US market as well (we seem to be a few years behind Canada when it comes to such things).

The thing that kills me is that these investments are in my IRA, NONE in my non-tax deferred accounts, so effectively this does nothing for me, currently, and I am quite cash poor at the moment (in fact I am in quite a bit of debt). On the bright side, with the gains from the "basket" and that one company in particular (Mind Medicine (MMEDF), up 661%), it's going to pay for college for at least one of my kids, and maybe two (just as of today). So for that I am truly grateful (assuming you can use IRA money for college tuition?!), but wow, I just wish I had the foresight to put some $$ from savings into these, and that could have helped with my debt situation as well.

Still time I guess, it's still VERY early, considering no FDA approvals yet or anything.

And referencing the previous post, I think I mentioned something about shrooms being the new cannabis, but that is not quite accurate. Apparently these companies are not taking the same approach (at least in the US) - instead of dealing with each state and its laws on a case by case basis like "Big Cannabis" did, they are going straight for FDA approval, and leaving individual states out of it. Smart. I guess they saw how long and expensive the state by state approach was, and learned from that.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The world is weird. HBAN and TCF announced they are merging. As usual (and especially for things I own) HBAN goes down and TCF goes up. And for good reason (investorwise). After they announce the merger, they later announce that TCF is estimated to convert into HBAN 3.00xx per share. So naturally the two will find equilibrium with TCF shares costing 3x as HBAN shares. But the funny thing is that they are opening investigations in to HBAN for over paying for TCF and they opening even more investigations into TCF for accepting too little in the merger. As usual, I'm on the wrong end of things but I'm OK with that, I guess. My option was already out to April to move it OTM and I had/have no intention of selling. It's just funny how lawsuits are in everything.

If I has $4000 laying around (like I ever have $4000 laying around) I'd be tempted buy MLHR and sell a $2 option at $40 for Friday. Worst case scenario is I'd get a $2 discount on a stock I'd already been watching anyway (which would pay for it's $1.84 jump today based on earnings being announced tomorrow) But the reality is I'm staying the course, and setting money aside to increase my index holdings and saving for 2021 Roth IRA contributions.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

BTC $20.5K

AOUT beat [analyst] expectations, up 20% currently. Still looking for a bit more but took some off today.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:53 am AOUT beat [analyst] expectations, up 20% currently. Still looking for a bit more but took some off today.
Saw that and I was happy for you. I'm looking forward to your next evaluation. I love seeing your take on things. I also appreciate when you talk about these less expensive positions which invites me to attempt to learn about what you are talking about.

Edit and if you timed it right I'm even more happy for you. It was shy of $19 at the time of your posting now it's "back down" to just over $17.
Prev Close
$15.85

Today's Open
$17.45

Price
$17.11

Day's Change
1.27 (8.02%)

Day's High

Day's Low
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Sold half in the $19s.

BTC topped $22K $23K overnight.

MYT