Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Apollo

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Apollo »

Personally, I don't really think it matters how buggy the game is, as long as it gets patched. And I have no doubt that it will be patched. That's why I think all the negativity now will disappear over time. We've seen it happen many times before.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Apollo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 am Personally, I don't really think it matters how buggy the game is, as long as it gets patched. And I have no doubt that it will be patched. That's why I think all the negativity now will disappear over time. We've seen it happen many times before.
Biggest example in recent memory is No Man's Sky from four years ago - which was recently having it's praise sung at the 2.0 patch and is still $60. I believe the scandal in that game was bigger than this one.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Brian

Post by Brian »

I'm still waiting on a playable version of Battlecruiser 3000AD
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Brian wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 pm I'm still waiting on a playable version of Battlecruiser 3000AD
:lol:

:clap:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Apollo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:04 am Personally, I don't really think it matters how buggy the game is, as long as it gets patched. And I have no doubt that it will be patched. That's why I think all the negativity now will disappear over time. We've seen it happen many times before.
That's how I feel. I got a refund because I was getting frustrated with performance on the Xbox, but I don't bear them any ill will over this. When it's ready for prime time, I'll buy it again. But probably for PC so I can test out DLSS and Ray Tracing.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Ya know.....it's not like they delayed the release over and over and over and over to polish the game.
Give them a break........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Paingod wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:17 pm
Biggest example in recent memory is No Man's Sky from four years ago - which was recently having it's praise sung at the 2.0 patch and is still $60. I believe the scandal in that game was bigger than this one.
Not really an apples to apples comparison though, is it?

From what I remember, the main issue with NMS is that most of the much-hyped and promised features were simply not there on release. Hence why people were so pissed. I don't remember it being massively buggy, but I wasn't paying particular attention to it, so maybe it was.

Cyberpunk 2077 feels mostly complete from a feature perspective, but has performance and bug issues to the point of being unplayable for many people (myself included).

Both of those can be fixed via patches, but they feel like very different issues.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

stimpy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:03 pm Ya know.....it's not like they delayed the release over and over and over and over to polish the game.
Give them a break........
I'd like to introduce you to something called Kickstarter

<stands back and waits for flying chairs>
Last edited by hepcat on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I was thinking more of the negativity over the cause of it.

I don't see anything in Cyberpunk 2077 that can't be patched away for PC users. I don't know how extensively they'll need to work the game over to get it running on the PS4 - if the problems are between the engine itself and the console, it might not be an easy fix.
hepcat wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:18 pmsomething called Kickstarter
That's what you do when your kid is 22 and still lives in your basement, right?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I guess at this point in my life, I've become accustomed to a new norm of patching being a necessity. Back in the pre broadband days, you'd buy a game on a disc and it had better be almost perfect right out of the gate or you'd be screwed. Now I almost expect bugs on day one...and I'm not surprised to see zero day patches at this point.

Does that make it right? Of course not. But it does mean my threshold for frustration has been tempered over the years. And this may sound like a sort of justification (and it probably is, to be honest), but games today are monstrosities compared to what we played in the 80s and 90s.

I mean, look at Grimoire!
He won. Period.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:13 pm From what I remember, the main issue with NMS is that most of the much-hyped and promised features were simply not there on release. Hence why people were so pissed. I don't remember it being massively buggy, but I wasn't paying particular attention to it, so maybe it was.

Cyberpunk 2077 feels mostly complete from a feature perspective, but has performance and bug issues to the point of being unplayable for many people (myself included).
This seems to be very true. I got in 34 hours and because I'm on a high end rig I haven't had any issues with unplayable missions or big bugs like the blue shimmer effect not going away. There is a lot of content in the game and there doesn't seem to be anything missing, although some features like crafting don't seem to be as well thought out as they might be.

Last night I went through a more than hour long main mission that had oodles of places where a missing trigger or dialog choice would have blocked it but everything went OK. I did reach a point where I had to jack into a body on the floor and it took about a half minute of trying different angles and directions of approach before I got the option. Folks who maybe aren't as patient or perhaps running on a lower spec rig might not have gotten that jack-in point and that would have screwed the entire mission, which would have screwed the campaign I guess.

I am perhaps lucky in this respect, having been gaming at home with PCs for about forty years :shock:. I've come to expect that there will be instances where a lot of trial and error are needed to proceed through a game. My earliest memory of this was a text adventure where I had to get to a hatch at the bottom of a pool and somehow this involved a rope, a camel(?) and something else. Spent a lot of time on that one :roll:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

hepcat wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:21 pm I guess at this point in my life, I've become accustomed to a new norm of patching being a necessity. Back in the pre broadband days, you'd buy a game on a disc and it had better be almost perfect right out of the gate or you'd be screwed. Now I almost expect bugs on day one...and I'm not surprised to see zero day patches at this point.

Does that make it right? Of course not. But it does mean my threshold for frustration has been tempered over the years. And this may sound like a sort of justification (and it probably is, to be honest), but games today are monstrosities compared to what we played in the 80s and 90s.

I mean, look at Grimoire!
Yeah, agreed. I don't really much care if a game is buggy right out the gate. Given the incredible complexity of the software being built today, it's just not practical to expect human QA to catch every bug before the game ships. When you hit it with a couple hundred thousand "early adopters", you're definitely going to see a lot of bugs that you wouldn't have seen with in-house testing (or did see but didn't have time to fix). As long as the devs acknowledge that stuff and work on fixing it, no harm no foul.

However, I also have no interest in being a beta tester. So, I'm not personally offended, but I won't be buying this optional entertainment product until it's in better shape.
Black Lives Matter
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

I had an unplanned and funny cyberhack outcome that I don't think I'll ever be able to duplicate:

I stumbled upon several gang members in a dark alley, 3 or 4 thugs around a gang leader. Ducking into cover, I started cyberhacking as they fired away at me from cover. I started a 'cripple movement' hack on the leader, and ducked behind my cover, as that hack takes about 8 seconds to finish. Then I see the grenade warning coming from the gang leader, and just as she is about to throw the grenade, the hack finishes, and the grenade drops to her feet and kills all of them. :D
-something witty-
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

64.5 hours and done. I had a lot of fun and a bit of frustration. I had three gigs that I completed that never got marked as completed, but other than that completed everything there was to complete that I could find. Didn't raise any ability past 16 and no skill leveled past 11 *and* I fought the last big fight mostly naked as somehow the game decided boots and pants were enough. Luckily they were.

I'm curious about other endings, but maybe I'll set it aside until it gets some *serious* patching.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:57 am Part of the issue re: CD Projekt's reputation tanking is that they seemingly knew there were huge issues with the console versions before releasing the game: they wouldn't send the console version out to any reviews prior to the release date. So it's not just that the game has bugs and issues, especially on the PS4 and Xbox One, but that they released the game knowing those issues made the game almost unplayable (at least according to a few reviews).
Yeah, they seemed way too optimistic, especially with the last-gen base consoles. I mean, I understand why. The PS5 and new XBox just came out and the adoption rate is low at the moment given the relative newness. We see supported platforms change all the time with releases as they get closer to releases as devs lock down the platforms. CDPR should have done that. They should have been honest upfront. There would have been tons of disappointed people, but it surely would have been better than having it pulled entirely right before Christmas, creating a sucky situation not only for those who were looking forward to it, but the devs themselves who are not seeing their creation being bought and played but rather being refunded and pulled from online stores. If I were one of the devs right now, I'd probably be feeling rather depressed.

I understand where they're coming from though. Most of their market is on last-gen consoles, and the game isn't even technically on 'next-gen' yet, which put them in a difficult decision. I think it would have needed at least another year before release. Then they could possibly lock it down as a current-gen release with all the extra bells and whistles new console versions would get, and I think at that point, everyone would have understood. They just tried to do too much.

And I don't consider the Devotion thing a controversy. They only acted the way many stores would have. If people are shocked and surprised by this, they're only kidding themselves. The only odd thing about it is their line about supposed pressure from 'gamers' .
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A guy I know is playing it on PS4 and doing good. He gets a random crash every now and then but saves all the time. Other than that his has played really good.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

For hours and hours I've had three Main Jobs in the queue, and have been doing them occasionally. After my marathon mission last night, I now have only two main missions. And, the loading screen has finally changed! :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Brian wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 pm I'm still waiting on a playable version of Battlecruiser 3000AD
You can have the copy of Battlecruiser Millennium that Derek Smart sent me back in the Gone Gold days. He gave it to me for a review, but I put a number hours in, all spent just trying to figure out how to fuel the ship, before giving up. And that's the literal truth.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:20 pm A guy I know is playing it on PS4 and doing good. He gets a random crash every now and then but saves all the time. Other than that his has played really good.
That has been my Grandson's experience.
I asked him today if he was going to seek a refund and he said "I dont care about the bugs. I love the game alot. It just crashes but that's fine".
He/Him/His/Porcupine
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Cyberpunk 2077 gets its first discount eight days after launch

Entire article:
Cyberpunk 2077 is out and, well… *gestures around*. CD Projekt’s latest is doing well enough on PC, where the bugs have been mostly (if not entirely) limited to goofy visual glitches, but the console versions have been bad, particularly on the original 2013-model PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Well, hey, if you’re on the fence, you can now grab a console edition of Cyberpunk 2077 for a nice little discount.

Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of Cyberpunk 2077 are available for $49.99 USD, a $10 savings off the $59.99 MSRP. The deal has already been price-matched by Amazon, as well. Amazon previously offered the physical PC release for under $50 ahead of launch, but this appears to be the first notable discount after release.

The Cyberpunk 2077 release date was December 10. To emphasize – I know time is a blur right now – eight days have passed since then. Discounts on big games come faster than ever these days and are by no means a singular indicator of failed launch, but… that’s barely a week, my friends.

At this rate, the console version of Cyberpunk is going to be an important piece of gaming history, so if you want to own it, by all means go ahead. If you want a substantially better version of the game, though, you could purchase Cyberpunk 2077 from the Humble Store here.

CD Projekt has announced it will ensure players can refund retail editions of Cyberpunk 2077 through December 21. For more RPG games, you can follow that link.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stimpy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:20 pmalot
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Friend says theres a 16 gig patch today. Ive deleted . Wanted to install on GOG but cant. So reinstalling on Steam to see if it helps.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok reinstalled and made a test character...female V street kid. Played until my apartment. No crashes at all. I set everything to LOW. Looked good even then. It was smooth except for one car ride that stuttered for about 5 sec.Tomorrow Ill start raising settings until it either barfs or starts to show performance degradation.

I noticed two bugs which is funny because it had to do with my boobs :). When I looked in the mirror I had no clothes on. But away from mirror and looking down I could see my clothes on. Then I went into INV to see my girl and her boobs were sticking through her shirt. Cool look but a bug lol.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm hoping I'll have some time to actually play it today. I haven't had the chance to touch a game in two days! Anyway, patch notes:
Spoiler:
Quests

Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay

Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual

Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
Fixed some UI overlap issues.
V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
Added some warmth to HDR.
Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI

Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability

Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous

Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific

[AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific

Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
Corrected the look of several vehicles.
[Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
[Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Managed to get 4.5 hours of straight playtime last night. Up to this point I have not seen or heard of a major character from Cyberpunk 2020, particularly not from Johnny, since this character was pretty important to him. I finally heard reference to the character last night.
Spoiler:
Johnny mentioned that Alt Cunningham could be the key to helping V and Johnny resolve their 'dying' problem.
then later in another mission
Spoiler:
in an Evelyn Parker BD overheard the Voodoo Boys talking about Alt as an AI.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Really love the views in the city, even when to get the view you have to walk to a garbage dump:

Today I'm in the mood to do more open world side missions and pick-up work, so I'm walking between most of my jobs. A couple of rather silly but still fun missions. And I finally completed the Garry The Prophet mission :D which included a Monty Python reference if you took the correct dialog choice.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Spoiler alert! Minor Easter Egg identification:
Spoiler:
Went to see Judy in a mission titled "Both Sides, Now". You have to be my age to appreciate the Easter Egg :D
Scoop20906

Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Scoop20906 »

I’ve got both a PC version and stadia version. The bugs bother me but not as much as how boring the pedestrian AI, police AI and driving is. It just kills the immersion and wasn’t what they sold. I’m also having a hard time believing the hype around the prologues. I played corpo and I felt like most of it was over in an hour. Yeah, I still get the corpo dialog options but truly it didn’t match the marketing hype. The city is beautiful but so far lifeless. I walk around empty streets past cardboard cut outs who don’t really add anything.
I ran into some pretty terrible bugs a few days ago and stopped for a while. I’m having a hard time deciding if I want to start again.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is the review I just posted on Steam:
With 36 hours completed, I'm still deep in the second act with apparently a lot of main campaign missions to do and a bunch of side missions and lots of pick-up jobs. The story is deep and complex although at times it seems to be more convoluted than clever, however I haven't found anything that was illogical or out of context with the Cyberpunk world.

And the world is amazingly immersive. There is so much to see from the posters on the wall to the clothes on the passersby. Buildings, cars, roads, bridges, everything seems part of a living city. Just walking through an area of town is a treat. It helps that the source material lends itself to this treatment, but there isn't the least impression of banality in the game world.

I'm playing on a rig with an i9-10850K and an RTX 3080, 32 GB of RAM. After 36 hours in, no crashes or lockups. Also no bugs that affected gameplay, just a few visual glitches, pretty minor stuff. I have been able to complex all missions I have attempted, although a few (very few) have had triggers that required some moving around and pointing the camera to enable the sequence to be actuated. Some of the missions do need some real thinking to figure out, but so far nothing that was beyond the pale of acceptable gameplay challenges.

Sadly I know that a lot of folks, especially those on consoles, have major issues with the game, but for myself, this has been and continues to be an E-Ticket ride experience. I just hope they don't nerf something in the patches!
I'm not bothered by the "pedestrian AI, police AI and driving". I guess having gamed for so many decades I'm not expecting as much as other folks. Sure the traffic behaves goofy at times, but in a Cyberpunk world somehow it seems fitting. The pedestrians are to me just moving visual candy, I accepted right at the start that even though I can press "Talk" and get them to speak, it will be just some nonsense.

Sure, the cyberdeck options could be deeper, the weapons more logical and the armor/clothing not be so weird (I get armor protection from a pair of shorts? Really?) but I tend to rate games on how well what is presented to me works, rather than what I think should have been included. I did reach a point a dozen or so hours ago in the game where I thought I might just stick to the main missions and zip through the rest of the game, but I'm now finding a number of side missions that are fun to do so I might just keep playing those till I run out or I feel like a really should go visit Takemura since he has been so patient waiting for me :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Riding down the Night City version of the Los Angeles River:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hotfix 1.05 just deployed on Steam.
Spoiler:
Hotfix 1.05 is now live on PC, Xbox and PlayStation systems!
Here is the full list of changes:

Quests
• Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
• Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
• Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
• It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
• Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
• Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
• Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
• Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
• Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
• Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
• The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
• Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
• Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
• Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
• Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
• Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
• Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
• Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
• Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
• Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
• Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
• Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
• Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
• Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
• Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
• Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
• Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
• Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
• Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
• Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.

Gameplay
• Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
• Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Visual
• Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
• V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
• Fixed some UI overlap issues.
• V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
• NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
• Added some warmth to HDR.
• Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
• Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
• Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.

UI
• Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
• The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
• Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.

Performance & Stability
• Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
• Offscreen explosions make noise now.

PC-specific
• [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
• Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
• Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
• Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
• Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
• Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
• Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

Console-specific
• Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
• Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
• Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
• Corrected the look of several vehicles.
• [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
• [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
• Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
• Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I can't be sure this isn't manipulated but still weird. Though I did have something weird happen where I hit a bump on Jackie's bike and had a physics fail where I hit the top of a 7 or 8 story building once.

Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

NYT article on the release. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/styl ... Technology . The future does not look so bright for the developers.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd prefer it was a different developer to serve as the cautionary tale, but hopefully the industry will learn from this.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but wasn't the Witcher series always a PC exclusive game that eventually found release on the consoles? I guess my point is the pressure to have a newly released title the scale and size of Witcher 3 that works flawlessly across multiple platforms might have been too much for them to deal with. I'm not justifying it or excusing them, but I can understand how they found themselves in this position. I pre-purchased based on their track history for PC and the insane amount of support they've provided to all of their PC titles. I still haven't experienced anything game-breaking in Cyberpunk 2077 on PC and while I know it has issues it doesn't seem to be outside of what is normal for the PC platform. Consoles, on the other hand seem to be a giant dumpster fire. Similar to how R* seemingly prioritizes consoles first and then eventually releases on PC, I'm going to guess the console version of this game should have been delayed 6+ months.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

PC games have always been better when they stick to being PC games. I dont think in my life have I enjoyed a PC game as much as I would have if it was PC only and not been a console release too. Vice versa I cant say as I dont usually play a console game thats also PC. If that happens I get PC. And yes I know theres more money to be had by releasing on everything but thats not what Im posting about.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:56 pm Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but wasn't the Witcher series always a PC exclusive game that eventually found release on the consoles?
Yeah, the first Witcher was PC-Only, then Witcher 2 received an XBox 360 release, which from what I hear didn't look so great on it, and Witcher 3 was the first game in the series that was multi-platform. Nevermind the fact that the devs are planning a remastered version for the new generation of consoles. Witcher 3 is this dev's Skyrim. And they'll need it more than ever in light of this disaster. I kind of wonder now if they'll rush that in order to have something they can publish to make up for lost earnings. As for the future of CDPR, I predict a lot of it is going to be something Witcher-related, something they can bank on. I was kind of thinking earlier this week about how a prequel where you can make your own Witcher and assign them one of the schools could work. They could have you go through being chosen and going through the trial of the grasses with associated training, a bit like a combination of Harry Potter and Jedi Academy, before they let you out into the world to do some questing.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Jaddison wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:35 am NYT article on the release. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/styl ... Technology . The future does not look so bright for the developers.
Yeah, class action lawsuits, that's almost a knee jerk reaction to everything nowadays. Yet on Steam it has a "Mostly Positive" rating with almost a quarter million reviews :dance:. And of course the developers would seem to have a decent amount of money coming in to fund the changes to the game. One might almost be tempted to think that somehow there is some great, devious plan to all this...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

From PCGamesN, Cyberpunk 2077 saves are becoming corrupted from crafting too much

Entire article:
Be wary, it seems Cyberpunk 2077 players are suffering a recurring glitch that corrupts your save file. Going over a certain size can render a save unusable in the RPG game, and players have figured out what seems to be the cause.

The issue was flagged on developer CD Projekt Red’s forums, where a number of users stated they’d lost progress due to files becoming corrupted while playing through Steam. Over the course of the posts, a common factor emerges that the saves that are being lost are all over 8mb, 8192kb being the exact magic number that can make your play-through unreadable. From there, discussion moves onto what’s actually making this happen, and it seems to be linked to crafting.

Essentially, crafting weapons and items causes a bloat in your save file, and as of now, the open-world game has a ceiling on just how much of that it can handle. This is the working theory, and SigilFey, a forum mod, explains that what’s likely happening is to do with internal item ID numbers. “If I am rapidly adding/removing items from my inventory, I may inadvertently increase that ID number to something that the engine no longer recognizes,” his comment reads. “Or a number that conflicts with some other function of the inventory. Or save system.”

At time of writing, CD Projekt has put up a support center post on save corruption, tacitly agreeing with the above, and asking players to “use an older save file to continue playing and try to keep a lower amount of items and crafting materials”. The 8mb limit on saves might be increased in an upcoming patch, but any corrupted files are unrecoverable.

Cyberpunk 2077’s launch has been less than ideal, to say the least. The cyberpunk game was recently removed from the PlayStation store, and CD Projekt has said it will refund anyone who isn’t satisfied with it.
My largest save file is just over four MB, so I'm OK I guess.
Gerinuly

Post by Gerinuly »

If you don't get into technical flaws, then the game is really cool. So much content is crammed there ... this is certainly a titanic and gigantic work. :horse:
world of tanks one love:)