JetFred

Re: Christmas/Wishmas Steam Gifts 2020

Post by JetFred »

Thank Stefan Stirzaker for Islanders!
I have but one advocate.
Formix

Post by Formix »

Thank you to Isgrimnur for C&C remastered! Time for some pre-Millenium mayhem! And the Northgard DLC. Himminbrjotir awaits!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thank you to Isgrimnur for Divinity: Original Sin 2!

Thanks to Stefan Stirzaker for Two Point Hospital!

Thanks to RMC for Civ 6!

A Merry Wishmaslist to you all and Happy Holidays!

Edit: Thank you to Lassr for Frostpunk!
Last edited by stessier on Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:51 pm Thanks to both Jaddison and stimpy for Othercide! I *almost* bought this for myself too. Glad I waited.
Thanks to RMC for Detroit: Become Human! It feels like I have waited forever on this.
Thanks to hitbyambulance for Subnautica: Below Zero! I'm looking forward to the full release.
Thanks to Isgrimnur for Ratropolis! Hopefully the steam recommendation engine worked this time!
Thanks to Grifman for Torchlight 3! I was hesitant but def want to check it out.
Thanks to [redacted]Not Participating[/redacted] for Pyre! I hope it is more Hades than Bastion. :lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Thank you to Stefan Stirzaker for Townscaper. I love those little Zenlike games.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

deleted
Last edited by Lassr on Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Lassr wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:24 am
Lassr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:33 pm If there is a game on your WISHLIST that you absolutely want more than any other and it's on sale ($15 to $50) reply to this post so I can see the big IN graphic. List the game and I will do a random drawing this weekend. Anyone can participate even if you are not doing the WISHLISTMAS thing this year.
bump
I think people here are hesitant to compete to claim such a big gift over others, but that's a very generous gesture. Like, I would list something but I've gotten multiple gifts already and would like yours to go to someone else.

Speaking of...thanks to Zenn7 for Golf With Your Friends.
I have but one advocate.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

JetFred wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:43 am
Lassr wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:33 pm If there is a game on your WISHLIST that you absolutely want more than any other and it's on sale ($15 to $50) reply to this post so I can see the big IN graphic. List the game and I will do a random drawing this weekend. Anyone can participate even if you are not doing the WISHLISTMAS thing this year.
bump
I think people here are hesitant to compete to claim such a big gift over others, but that's a very generous gesture. Like, I would list something but I've gotten multiple gifts already and would like yours to go to someone else.

Speaking of...thanks to Zenn7 for Golf With Your Friends.
You're welcome.

I had the September Humble Bundle (forgot to pause and not a single thing I wanted). Thought I'd see who on my friends list wanted any of the games first and then put the rest in the PIFF thread. Not doing that as part of this very cool thing you folks do here, I just thought today would be an appropriate date to give those keys out.

And thank you Baroquen for Darkest Dungeons in return!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bump
I won the drawing for Cyberpunk from Stimpy a few weeks back and this is me paying it forward. Originally I was just going to randomly choose someone and then find a higher priced game on their list. But decided I wanted to make sure i was getting a game they were really wanting because not everyone's list is ranked by desire. If everyone is hesitant about doing it this way then I'll do it the other way but I'm going to make someone happy dammit! :P :D :csmile:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Lassr wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:16 am
bump
I won the drawing for Cyberpunk from Stimpy a few weeks back and this is me paying it forward. Originally I was just going to randomly choose someone and then find a higher priced game on their list. But decided I wanted to make sure i was getting a game they were really wanting because not everyone's list is ranked by desire. If everyone is hesitant about doing it this way then I'll do it the other way but I'm going to make someone happy dammit! :P :D :csmile:
That makes sense. I know I have a lot of games on my list and not necessarily in the order I would prioritize.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Some games on my list Ive picked up elsewhere but I keep it on my list because it shows the date added and I like the little history reminder of what I was interested and when.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Thanks, Smoove, for Zak McKracken!
I have but one advocate.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I didn't enter because I feel like I've already gotten way more than I gave this year, don't want to be greedy.

Also: Thanks to Isgrimnur for Hardspace: Shipbreaker.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Divinity: Original Sin 2

I dont think there is any need to feel bad or guilty about throwing your name in here. First off, no guarantee you'll end up winning and secondly, remember it's the season for giving. Let's try and not deprive Lassr the joy of being able to be do something like this. I'd like to believe we all would if we could. Look at it this way, you'll actually be giving him a gift by helping him give his.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

bump
What the heck.

Disco Elysium
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stimpy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:56 pm
I dont think there is any need to feel bad or guilty about throwing your name in here. First off, no guarantee you'll end up winning and secondly, remember it's the season for giving. Let's try and not deprive Lassr the joy of being able to be do something like this. I'd like to believe we all would if we could. Look at it this way, you'll actually be giving him a gift by helping him give his.
Well said. 2020 has sucked, but one thing, I have not spent money on vacations, gasoline, eating out, or other things I normally would, I'd much rather spread some joy around with what I have saved.

Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

ありがとうございました to JetFred for The Room 1, The Room 2 and The Room 3. i just put them on my wishlist a couple months ago on Stimpy's suggestion, didn't expect to get them so soon. will for sure get my puzzle fix now

oh yeah - commentary about other games received:

about Horizon: Dawn Zero - this was a game i considered purchasing a PS4 to play at one time. for it to end up on PC was an unexpected (nice) surprise

i actually own Disgaea 2 on PS2, but having it on PC (another unexpected port) will be far more convenient for me. i intend to get the whole series on PC as well, eventually...

will have to play through the entire Metro series before starting on Exodus... it'll be a while before i get to that.

played the original Spelunky a ton (the free one, still downloadable from https://spelunkyworld.com/original.html ) but i never got into the remake (which i have on GOG). but Spelunky 2 was something i could not miss.

i don't know a thing about Disco Elysium but it looked like something i would be into. i wouldn't have added it to my wishlist otherwise...

and my brother gifted me Microsoft Flight Simulator last night - have owned them all since version 3.0 or 3.1. he also got me Worms W.M.D., Dead Cells, Torment:Tides of Numenera and some old(er) titles (Serious Sam: SE, Rise of the Triad, Sword of the Samurai and Outcast 1.1) on GOG
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Horizon: Dawn Zero - this was a game i considered purchasing a PS4 to play at one time. for it to end up on PC was an unexpected (nice) surprise
Absolutely loved this game on PS4. I never finished it...got to the warmer area and abandoned for something else. I think on PC it would be even better.
will have to play through the entire Metro series before starting on Exodus... it'll be a while before i get to that.
Ive finished the first two games about 4 or 5 times each. Got and finished Exodus this year. its also great. Didn't feel as much like the older ones I guess because it was outside mostly but still a great game with a few bugs.
and my brother gifted me Microsoft Flight Simulator last night
Think the only one I ever played was the first one on my friend's Apple II something. I didn't find it very interesting but his dad loved it.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

So, I got a couple of late breaking surprise gifts:

Thanks to Stessier for a couple of expansions Remnant From the Ashes

Thanks to RMC for Fallout 76.

Much appreciated!
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Thank you to stimpy for Dragon Age II!

Another thanks to coopasonic for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (remastered)!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Thanks to Lassr for Murder By Numbers! I love picross, and am curious how it meshes with the adventure gameplay.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

bump
OK, I'll do my part to help make Lassr happy. :)
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr Complete Collection
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Thanks to SIM for Outward. It's been on my list for ages, but I've never quite pulled the trigger.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
persself

Post by persself »

Lassr wrote:

bump
Thank you for offering this. If still open, I'll add Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Fine, if we're going to play, then Detroit: Become Human.
I have but one advocate.
persself

Post by persself »

persself wrote:
Lassr wrote:

bump
Thank you for offering this. If still open, I'll add Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Nevermind; it isn't on sale, just falls in the price range. Sorry for confusion.

Girl Gamer Extraordinaire-less/Redskins Fan
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

persself wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:25 pm
persself wrote:
Lassr wrote:

bump

Nevermind; it isn't on sale, just falls in the price range. Sorry for confusion.

You name is in the pot. I originally did the on sale requirement so I could choose more than 1, I have a budget for this, but the participation is limited so...

Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Thanks to Skinypupy for In Other Waters! I believe that's more than enough receiving for me this year, I wasn't expecting this much. Thanks to all!
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

and ขอขอบคุณ to S.I.M. (again) for Return of the Obra Dinn, which several have greatly insisted i play, despite the gugly Macintosh Classic-era monochrome art style. but i am open-minded here.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Contest-6 entries:
1- HitbyAmbulance
2- stimpy
3- skinypupy
4- Zenn7
5- Jet Fred
6- Persself

I'll do a sequence of 6 numbers using the random number generator website.
#1 & #2 & #3 WILL BE WINNERS

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Spoiler:
1- HitbyAmbulance….... 3 -Winner (can't purchase them until release day apparently so you'll have to wait a few days)
2- stimpy…................ 1 -Winner
3- skinypupy…........... 5
4- Zenn7…................. 2 -Winner
5- JetFred…............... 6
6- Persself….............. 4

Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH LASSR!

This was an awesome thing you did. :)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

it's going to be a belated birthday present for me! thank you kindly
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Awesome!!!
Thank you so much Lassr!!
Looking forward to many hours spent with it!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Suitably Ironic Moniker

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 pm it's going to be a belated birthday present for me! thank you kindly
Are you Jesus?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:31 pm it's going to be a belated birthday present for me! thank you kindly
Are you Jesus?
it's tomorrow (December 27) but the DLC doesn't come out until the 31st.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Thanks skinypupy for Warlock of Firetop Mountain.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Thanks to JetFred who hit me up with Townsmen: A Kingdom Rebuilt.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks to coop who hit me with Far Cry 2 when I couldn't find mine anywhere.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Thanks JetFred for Among Us

Black Lives Matter