Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe they were one of those nuts that believe the 5G conspiracies.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The working theory now is that it was a suicide (although that doesn't rule out some other motivation as to the method.)

And in this day and age, people expecting something like this to be politically motivated is natural. It isn't a good thing, but I honestly can't blame them. If a huge bomb went off in an American city ten times, it would be political nine. Nine point something.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

Plus (although this just might be the exception) non-political suicide-by-bomb is basically unheard-of.

And whether or not you have a recorded warning, setting off a bomb in a city carries a huge potential for harming others. If we finally decide that this was suicide, we shouldn't forget that it was also attempted indiscriminate murder, countdown or not.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Another truck broadcasting a similar recording in Nashville. No explosives in this one though.

Weird.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why would someone drive into a crowded city to kill themselves wit ha bomb though? You'd think they'd go out in the middle of nowhere.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:30 pm The working theory now is that it was a suicide (although that doesn't rule out some other motivation as to the method.)

And in this day and age, people expecting something like this to be politically motivated is natural. It isn't a good thing, but I honestly can't blame them. If a huge bomb went off in an American city ten times, it would be political nine. Nine point something.
I was fearful, waking up the day after Christmas, that we'd find out there was another RV bomb set off in the empty streets of downtown Detroit. Of course, I was fevery in the throes of some non-COVID-19 bug, but since there had been no claim made wrt the Nashville bomb, my concern was for terror of a different sort.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:00 pm Another truck broadcasting a similar recording in Nashville. No explosives in this one though.

Weird.
Copycat for the lulz?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

There are alleged pictures floating around of the guy in his MAGA hat which prompted the cult to pour into social media to start up the conspiracy engine. The usual claims that this was #fakenews and akin to hoaxes like 9/11, Sandy Hook, and OKC. Some claim this was carried out by the deep state. Oy vey.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

IDK what kind of reputation The Tennesseean has, but their reporting has been solid throughout this. Their latest report indicates that Warner was not a particularly political or religious person, at least according to his neighbor of 20 years.
The neighbors never talked about politics or religion. Warner never gave any indication of any closely held ideology.

“I can tell you as far as politics, he never had any yard signs or flags in his window or anything like that. If he did have any political beliefs he kept, that was something he kept to himself.
I wonder if we'll ever know what motivated him.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:48 pm There are alleged pictures floating around of the guy in his MAGA hat which prompted the cult to pour into social media to start up the conspiracy engine. The usual claims that this was #fakenews and akin to hoaxes like 9/11, Sandy Hook, and OKC. Some claim this was carried out by the deep state. Oy vey.
I went down the rabbit hole and saw at least six different pictures floating around. Some were obviously MAGA, some were more Antifa. All of them were fake.

The trend on both sides was to assume that the bomber was the other side. Irresponsible lefties assumed (because he was a 60-something white Tennessean) that he was a white-supremacist Trump supporter; irresponsible Trump supporters declared (because he was a 60-something white Tennessean) that he was a fall guy and victim of Deep State conspiracy.

The two narratives aren't mirror-equivalents, obviously. But both were insisted upon without evidence.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:16 pm
malchior wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:48 pm There are alleged pictures floating around of the guy in his MAGA hat which prompted the cult to pour into social media to start up the conspiracy engine. The usual claims that this was #fakenews and akin to hoaxes like 9/11, Sandy Hook, and OKC. Some claim this was carried out by the deep state. Oy vey.
I went down the rabbit hole and saw at least six different pictures floating around. Some were obviously MAGA, some were more Antifa. All of them were fake.

The trend on both sides was to assume that the bomber was the other side. Irresponsible lefties assumed (because he was a 60-something white Tennessean) that he was a white-supremacist Trump supporter; irresponsible Trump supporters declared (because he was a 60-something white Tennessean) that he was a fall guy and victim of Deep State conspiracy.

The two narratives aren't mirror-equivalents, obviously. But both were insisted upon without evidence.
Yup - I saw some of that too. That I expect to an extent. What is always interesting to me is how quick the 'truthers' -- of many creeds -- set up brigades and start bombing every thread with clear crazy. It is all noise all the time now.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:09 pm I wonder if we'll ever know what motivated him.
I assume we will find out. That's an awful lot of effort to suicide in attempted anonymity and he went to lengths to not to hurt people but a geography. I can only assume the place is associated with a pain that will eventually be discovered. That or he was a hostage to someone else's mechanization but that is the stuff movies.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Another sad thing to note here - Tennessee elected officials have asked for federal help -- which is pretty normal -- which has prompted some people to call them hypocrites. For example, The comments of this Washington Post piece are just depressing. We're just a complete mess. The GOP and Trump have poisoned us and everyone is at each others throats here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I saw something in a news headline saying something like "TN Gov asks Trump for help wi..." and didn't bother . I just laughed . Maybe it was for this. I was assuming it was for covid relief funds or something .
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Police have released a video of the explosion. I saw it on CNN.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:30 pm The working theory now is that it was a suicide (although that doesn't rule out some other motivation as to the method.)

It's only natural if you're inclined to think the worst about everything.

I still maintain this is the wrong thread to discuss this incident.
Hodor.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

White supremacists plotted to attack power stations in the southeastern U.S., and an Ohio teenager who allegedly shared the plan said he wanted the group to be “operational” on a fast-tracked timeline if President Donald Trump were to lose his re-election bid, the FBI alleges in an affidavit that was mistakenly unsealed.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/nationa ... d/2429789/
Holman

Post by Holman »

pr0ner wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:15 pm

It may well be the wrong thread, but the ship has sailed.

Plus the reporting keeps circling back to the FBI investigating whether the bomber was motivated by conspiracy paranoia about 5G. If that's the case, this becomes at least politics-adjacent (though perhaps not directly MAGA related).
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:10 am
pr0ner wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:15 pm

It may well be the wrong thread, but the ship has sailed.

Plus the reporting keeps circling back to the FBI investigating whether the bomber was motivated by conspiracy paranoia about 5G. If that's the case, this becomes at least politics-adjacent (though perhaps not directly MAGA related).
That is the trouble with events like this IMO. Some people want a very narrow definition of what terrorism is. They want clear lines to MAGA activity or antifia or whatever 'movement' they are looking for. There isn't always a clean category to shelve these things in though. When people talk about the danger of Trump making wild statements or not condemning violence -- this is possibly the type of outcomes you get. That doesn't mean it is Trump aligned but the politicized and conspiracy-laden environment Trump has whipped up certainly doesn't help. Even now, he hasn't even made a statement condemning the act. How Presidential!

In the end, we have massive piles of dry tinder out in our nation waiting to catch fire. It isn't all overtly aligned with a specific policy goal. Some is aligned with conspiracies which instead align loosely to political movements or even higher order philosophies. OKC for example was loosely anti-federal government. In this case, if it is a 5G conspiracy theory, those conspiracies are often aligned to covid-19 anti-maskers and general anti-science rhetoric for instance. The greatest extent of those beliefs exist on the right at the moment.

Anyway, IMO it isn't a negative outlook at play. It is a reality we live with. In this nation we too often see disaffected men -- since women seldom commit these type of acts -- get self-radicalized and decide to commit acts like this. I still stand by the idea that there is little chance that a man built an RV bomb and blew it up in a major city as a non-political act. It is next to nil. Nearly every example beforehand had a political angle. This one might be anti-technology or anti-big business or whatever but the idea that he just organically committed suicide this way...is pretty far-fetched.

Edit: Minor changes for context.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

The Nashville bomber reportedly hunted lizard people.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Federal investigators are looking into evidence the Antioch man who detonated a bomb in downtown Nashville Christmas morning had spent time hunting for alien life forms in a nearby state park and was interested in “lizard people,” according to law enforcement sources.

The sources told ABC News that Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, may have been motivated, at least in part, by “paranoia over 5G technology,” but that they also found writings that contained ramblings about assorted conspiracy theories, including the idea of shape-shifting reptilian creatures that appear in human form and attempt world domination.
So we're back to politics. We all know who the lizard people are. :ninja:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Does QAnon believe in lizard people? I’ve never been sure if that’s one of their conspiracy theories.
He won. Period.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

hepcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:39 pm Does QAnon believe in lizard people? I’ve never been sure if that’s one of their conspiracy theories.
Not sure (and I'm not interested in researching to find out), but my impression was that they were the Borg of conspiracy theories (assimilating other conspiracy theories into their own), so probably?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Defiant wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:39 pm Does QAnon believe in lizard people? I’ve never been sure if that’s one of their conspiracy theories.
Not sure (and I'm not interested in researching to find out), but my impression was that they were the Borg of conspiracy theories (assimilating other conspiracy theories into their own), so probably?
Pretty sure the Clintons are known reptilians.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Kraken wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:27 am
Defiant wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 pm
Pretty sure the Clintons are known reptilians.
Why do you think they were so interested in Area 51?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The account that someone reported his activity well before the incident seems to have panned out. Warner's girlfriend him making bombs in his RV to police in 2019. They did the bare minimum investigation. No one answered the door and they didn't see anything amiss so they just sent a report up to the FBI.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

malchior wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 am The account that someone reported his activity well before the incident seems to have panned out. Warner's girlfriend him making bombs in his RV to police in 2019. They did the bare minimum investigation. No one answered the door and they didn't see anything amiss so they just sent a report up to the FBI.
Apparently they left some some stones unturned.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Was it these guys?

Enlarge Image
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:40 am
malchior wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 am The account that someone reported his activity well before the incident seems to have panned out. Warner's girlfriend him making bombs in his RV to police in 2019. They did the bare minimum investigation. No one answered the door and they didn't see anything amiss so they just sent a report up to the FBI.
It's amazing that Louisville PD executed a no-knock warrant against Brionna Taylor and went in guns blazing over a potential drug offense, yet a white dude making bombs didn't raise the slightest amount of interest.
malchior

Post by malchior »

gbasden wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:25 am
Jaymann wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:40 am
It's amazing that Louisville PD executed a no-knock warrant against Brionna Taylor and went in guns blazing over a potential drug offense, yet a white dude making bombs didn't raise the slightest amount of interest.
This properly belongs in the police reform thread but *NASHVILLE* PD raided the wrong house in August based on a report and held a family at gunpoint. Their penalty was to be decommissioned which is a fancy way to say they got placed on desk duty temporarily. :roll:
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That doesn’t surprise me. He was a man with serious mental issues.
He won. Period.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:59 pm That doesn’t surprise me. He was a man with serious mental issues.
And he wasn't black or middle eastern. :(
malchior

Post by malchior »

gbasden wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:01 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:59 pm That doesn’t surprise me. He was a man with serious mental issues.
And he wasn't black or middle eastern. :(
I mean it is a factor for why many people went *shrug* to a major attack on a major city. To be fair the body count of 1 didn't hurt either. Still I expect that race doesn't factor much into a FBI determination. I was seeing some strongly based speculation that they didn't find definitive proof of anything - ala the Las Vegas shooter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Thought this thread would be getting more action.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm Thought this thread would be getting more action.
Melania Chief of Staff resigns!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:32 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:20 pm Thought this thread would be getting more action.
Melania Chief of Staff resigns!
Another brave soul bailing with a mere two weeks left. Giving up one paycheck.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Rep Liz Chaney said Trump incited the mob. RNC communication director calls todays events "domestic terrorism".
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Apparently, there was an explosive device *inside* the Capitol complex, in addition to the RNC HQ (and possibly the DNC HQ)