[Skepticism] NFL 2020 Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: [Skepticism] NFL 2020 Season

Post by Jaymann »

Hello. This is Amazon.com. Your delivery of a quarterback has been delayed by 24 months.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Johnny Manziel returning to football. In the Fan Controlled Football League.
The FCF will stage seven-on-seven games on a 50-by-35-yard field, with 10-yard end zones. Games will be streamed on Twitch, from a facility in Atlanta. Games will last an hour, and fans will be involved in setting the rosters and calling the plays.
So, Madden with real players, basically. :lol:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Fitzpatrick is out for the Dolphins so it's all on Tua at the Bills.

So if:

Dolphins lose
Ravens beat Bengals
Steelers beat Browns
Colts beat Jags
Titans beat Texans

who is the odd team out?

Edit - found it:

Indianapolis is also on the outside looking in for the wild card picture. The Dolphins (at Buffalo), Ravens (at Cincinnati) and Browns (vs. Pittsburgh) clinch a playoff berth with a win next week or a Colts loss. The Colts need to beat the Jaguars and have one of those three teams lose in order to make the field.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wow, the line is Browns -9 vs Steelers. What, are the Steelers starting Bubby Brister?

Other strange lines:

Chargers -3.5 at Chiefs
Cards -3 at Rams
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Those lines are obviously based on who the betters think is sitting. We know that Ben in sitting in the Steelers game and that Goff is out in the Rams game. I haven't heard about KC's plans, but considering that they already have the #1 seed locked up, seems like it would make sense for them to sit a bunch of players.
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Crap, need the Cards to lose because the Bears sure as shit aren't going to beat the Packers.
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It's quite possible the Rams will be better without Goff... He has been pretty terrible since their SB appearance.
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm It's quite possible the Rams will be better without Goff... He has been pretty terrible since their SB appearance.
When Gurley was healthy then Goff looked great. In the SB when it was obvious Gurley wasn't in good condition the Rams lost because Goff couldn't step up and make up for Gurley's absence. So I think Goff is one of those QBs who'll do well as part of a high quality set(QB/RB/WR or TE) but he's not a franchise QB who will make lesser players better. He reminds me of Elway, back when Elway looked like he wouldn't be able to win a SB, and then he got Terrell Davis to work with and next thing you know they win a SB.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

That’s a fair analysis. The Rams don’t really have any great skill players on offense, which puts a lot of pressure on Goff. Their defense is good enough to keep them in most games, but their offense isn’t nearly at the same level.
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Packers lost their LT today to a torn ACL in practice. Oof.

I’d be awfully tempted to put a lot of money on MIA to win, let alone cover. The current line is likely based on Allen and other key starters playing, and I don’t think they will, but McDermott isn’t saying.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Eagles are the only NFC East team eliminated from contention in the final week of the season. And they play Washington, the only one to 'control their own destiny.' If they manage to lose, it goes to the winner of the DAL-NYG game. A Giants win and a WFT loss would result in a 6-10 division championship.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:44 pm Packers lost their LT today to a torn ACL in practice. Oof.
Replace "LT" with "QB" and I might be a little hopeful...
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:21 pmThe Eagles are the only NFC East team eliminated from contention in the final week of the season. And they play Washington, the only one to 'control their own destiny.' If they manage to lose, it goes to the winner of the DAL-NYG game. A Giants win and a WFT loss would result in a 6-10 division championship.
That's only one win worse than the SEA team a few years back, who showed pretty well for themselves, beating the Saints in the first round.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:30 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:21 pmThe Eagles are the only NFC East team eliminated from contention in the final week of the season. And they play Washington, the only one to 'control their own destiny.' If they manage to lose, it goes to the winner of the DAL-NYG game. A Giants win and a WFT loss would result in a 6-10 division championship.
That's only one win worse than the SEA team a few years back, who showed pretty well for themselves, beating the Saints in the first round.
The Carolina Panthers won their first playoff game when they won the NFC South at 7-8-1 in 2014.
Hodor.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jags eyeing Urban Meyer as their new coach. I’ve always been interested to see how he did at the next level.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Watching a self serving commercial about how the NFL persevered in the 2020 season. All I see are players collecting their paycheck and getting priority testing while a few players did what they wanted anyway off field.

Yeah I'll enjoy the games today but they aren't fucking heroes or struggling against adversity.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

They paid for that priority testing, so it's not like the free testing we get here in California. That's why it didn't bother me as much.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lorini wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 pm They paid for that priority testing, so it's not like the free testing we get here in California. That's why it didn't bother me as much.
It bothers me because lab resources are finite and there are far too many people having trouble getting tested or are getting their test results after too long of a wait.

Also, I’m sure the Giants missed extra point will bite them in the ass so I’m not very forgiving right now... :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Oh sweet! Cowbous fail to challenge a bad catch then get hosed on a marginal fumble call to get eliminated by the Giants. Now if Philly can beat WTF we get the worst record to win a division in history at 6-10.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Jaymann wrote:Oh sweet! Cowbous fail to challenge a bad catch then get hosed on a marginal fumble call to get eliminated by the Giants. Now if Philly can beat WTF we get the worst record to win a division in history at 6-10.
It was like the Giants were setting up for a field goal in slow motion as I was waiting for the challenge to be thrown.
Black lives matter!

Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:20 pm Oh sweet! Cowbous fail to challenge a bad catch then get hosed on a marginal fumble call to get eliminated by the Giants. Now if Philly can beat WTF we get the worst record to win a division in history at 6-10.
I agree on the catch, but that one angle they had on the fumble showed pretty clearly the Giant on his back with the ball in his possession.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

$iljanus wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:55 pm
Lorini wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:49 pm They paid for that priority testing, so it's not like the free testing we get here in California. That's why it didn't bother me as much.
It bothers me because lab resources are finite and there are far too many people having trouble getting tested or are getting their test results after too long of a wait.

Also, I’m sure the Giants missed extra point will bite them in the ass so I’m not very forgiving right now... :lol:
Not really. Those testing sites were only available to those who would pay for them. Any corporation who wanted to pay, could. So why can't the sports franchises use them? I don't get it......
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So...

Cowboys eliminated!
Raiders eliminated!
Broncos eliminated!
Patriots eliminated!
Dolphins eliminated!

Rams survive :clap:
Justin Herbert has best rookie season ever :dance:
Philip Rivers still has a prayer to reach the Super Bowl :pray:

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:40 pm Philip Rivers still has a prayer to reach the Super Bowl :pray:
I'd be with you if the road didn't go through Buffalo next week.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I am all over this with the kids next weekend.

So the Nickelodeon NFL Game is going to be Saints vs. Bears on Sunday afternoon and you better believe that’s the channel I will be watching.
They love watching football anyways, but this is just gonna take it up a notch. :lol:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

That was so ugly, but a win's a win.

Playoffs baby!
Hodor.
Ænima

Post by Ænima »

I mean, I guess? That was the most blatant display of tanking I’ve ever seen in the NFL.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

Ænima wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:28 am I mean, I guess? That was the most blatant display of tanking I’ve ever seen in the NFL.
I'm not sure what you were expecting. That was bog-standard football for the NFC East this year.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Got no dog in the NFC East fight, just damn happy to see Alex Smith throw that garbage team on his back and somehow get them to playoffs.

Not sure there’s been a better comeback story in the NFL since...ever.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Washington clinched the No. 4 seed in the NFC and will host a playoff game next Saturday against the No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who finished four games ahead of Washington at 11-5.
Too bad New Orleans is who they had to finished ahead of but hey, at least Brady is back in the playoffs. He also gets to play against a generic Football Team.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:56 pm Crap, need the Cards to lose because the Bears sure as shit aren't going to beat the Packers.
How 'bout them Rams?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Booooo Eagles. I wanted a historically bad NFC East champion. 7-9 is so boring!

Boooooooo!
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sportscasting
In 1982, both the Cleveland Browns and Detroit Lions made the playoffs in a shortened season. Both teams went 4-5 in the nine-game regular season.

Unsurprisingly, both teams looked like losing teams in their playoff games. The Browns lost to the Oakland Raiders, 27-10, and gave up 510 total yards of offense in the game. The Lions fell, 31-7, to the Washington Redskins after surrendering four turnovers.

More recently, the Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs in 2010 after going 7-9 in the regular season. The Seahawks still won the NFC West with a sub-.500 record and hosted a playoff game against the New Orleans Saints.

In 2015, the 7-8-1 Carolina Panthers won the NFC South and hosted a playoff game of their own. The Seahawks and Panthers sparked the conversation of changing the postseason system so that a losing team couldn’t sneak in, but nothing has changed over the last few years.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah, I know, this is the problem. 7-9 has been done before.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

7-9 is completely ridiculous, and the league should be embarrassed. 8-8, on the other hand, is a perfectly wonderful record for a playoff team, and I suspect an 8-8 playoff team will end up in the Super Bowl. I just need to find a worthy 8-8 playoff team to root for, and preferably one with a QB so good he was drafted before both Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes . . . .
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The Chargers fire Anthony Lynn. Not a surprise, but he won his last 4. :cry: Urban Meyer incoming?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:00 pm The Chargers fire Anthony Lynn. Not a surprise, but he won his last 4. :cry: Urban Meyer incoming?
They've been losing games they shouldn't. I think finishing strong like that proves the point. This was a decent team that should have done better, that's on the coaching.

It bothers me that teams will still, in 2021, go out of their way to hire a white head coach even it means getting one out of college rather than give a shot to a black assistant who has been coaching in the pros. I know they want someone with a record of success but no one can establish any kind of record until they get hired the first time. Even the most successful white coach was a nobody the first time he got hired.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Most of their games were pretty close and I think they're record is actually pretty impressive considering they started a rookie QB for most of it. But, in general, it seemed like it was their defense that let them down in most games. I know they had some injuries both this year and last, but I suppose that's the case for many teams.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:00 pm The Chargers fire Anthony Lynn. Not a surprise, but he won his last 4. :cry: Urban Meyer incoming?
The big rumor is Meyer to the Jags.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:07 am Got no dog in the NFC East fight, just damn happy to see Alex Smith throw that garbage team on his back and somehow get them to playoffs.

Not sure there’s been a better comeback story in the NFL since...ever.
There's been a couple of VERY vocal people on the WFT Reddit who have done nothing but bash Alex Smith the last month while championing Haskins.

Now that WFT has made the playoffs, people are calling for Taylor Heinicke to start over Alex Smith. I know Heinicke is healthier and younger, but just a few weeks ago he was taking classes at ODU! He shouldn't be starting unless Alex Smith physically can't play.
Hodor.