Need help finding a video on climate change

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Blackhawk

Need help finding a video on climate change

Post by Blackhawk »

My son's teacher wants him to find a video discussing the idea that oceans do not affect climate change, ie - denies it is a factor. I'm guessing it has something to do with addressing climate change deniers. The problem is that nobody seems to be able to find a video that fits the requirements. I'm not exactly versed on where to find 'denial' evidence myself. Any ideas?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Brian

Re: Need help finding a video on climate change

Post by Brian »

Probably not specifically what you are looking for but I love the Kurzgesagt videos and they've done a few on climate change.

Maybe take a look at these and see if they offer any good info specific to your request. (I'd review them first but am working right now so can't spare the time

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
stessier

Post by stessier »

Youtube has gotten good at curating to avoid the denier videos. I'm having real trouble finding anything. We're gonna need an independent site, I think.

I did find one vid of a discussion with a denier - not sure that would help. Maybe a name to start googling.

Edit: This appears to be his site. Tread carefully.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I had trouble finding anything because the various tube sites/search engines are making the kind of stuff I need hard to find for good reason.

Thankfully, after three hours of the class searching and finding nothing, the teacher gave up and changed the assignment. Her request was just too specific and narrow, and really pushed the kids into being heavily exposed to all sorts of garbage designed to manipulate impressionable minds. Not a good assignment.

At least she surrendered. Thanks for helping, though. Now go wash your eyes and clear your browser history.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I could have my son make one this weekend. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

You may find information connected with acidification. The ability for the Oceans to dissolve CO2 is being reduced as it becomes more and more saturated.
words