[Skepticism] NFL 2020 Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Skinypupy

Re: [Skepticism] NFL 2020 Season

Post by Skinypupy »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:55 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:07 am Got no dog in the NFC East fight, just damn happy to see Alex Smith throw that garbage team on his back and somehow get them to playoffs.

Not sure there’s been a better comeback story in the NFL since...ever.
There's been a couple of VERY vocal people on the WFT Reddit who have done nothing but bash Alex Smith the last month while championing Haskins.

Now that WFT has made the playoffs, people are calling for Taylor Heinicke to start over Alex Smith. I know Heinicke is healthier and younger, but just a few weeks ago he was taking classes at ODU! He shouldn't be starting unless Alex Smith physically can't play.
My Google-fu is failing me at the moment, but last night people were showing WFT's record with Smith starting and without. The difference is astounding.

I get that he doesn't exactly have a ton left in the tank at this point, but taking him out doesn't seem like the smart move at all. Dance with who brung ya.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:55 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:07 am Got no dog in the NFC East fight, just damn happy to see Alex Smith throw that garbage team on his back and somehow get them to playoffs.

Not sure there’s been a better comeback story in the NFL since...ever.
There's been a couple of VERY vocal people on the WFT Reddit who have done nothing but bash Alex Smith the last month while championing Haskins.

Now that WFT has made the playoffs, people are calling for Taylor Heinicke to start over Alex Smith. I know Heinicke is healthier and younger, but just a few weeks ago he was taking classes at ODU! He shouldn't be starting unless Alex Smith physically can't play.
My Google-fu is failing me at the moment, but last night people were showing WFT's record with Smith starting and without. The difference is astounding.

I get that he doesn't exactly have a ton left in the tank at this point, but taking him out doesn't seem like the smart move at all. Dance with who brung ya.
Yep. If his calf injury doesn't get worse over the week, Smith should be playing Saturday night.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

A bit of a bad break for the Bears: their game with New Orleans is set for Sunday. If it was on Saturday, I don't think Kamara would be able to play due to Covid protocols.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:30 pm A bit of a bad break for the Bears: their game with New Orleans is set for Sunday. If it was on Saturday, I don't think Kamara would be able to play due to Covid protocols.
On the other hand, the Saints could probably sit Kamara for the game to give him extra rest and still win pretty handily.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:56 pm
Jeff V wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:56 pm Crap, need the Cards to lose because the Bears sure as shit aren't going to beat the Packers.
How 'bout them Rams?
Nothing like backing into the playoffs with the pedal to the metal and the shifter in reverse.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

I understand that I am excited to finally root for a team that is playing well, but man the last six weeks have been fun. Four of the defenses they've played are top ten passing defenses in the NFL, and three of those defenses were top five defenses in points allowed (when not considering their games against the Bills).

The Bills have eviscerated those defenses, scoring 229 points (38.2 ppg) while allowing only 110 (18.2 ppg). Both of those numbers would be good for #1 in the league. For scale, that 38.2 ppg would beat the 2015 Denver Broncos (all-time NFL record holder for points), and that margin of victory (20 ppg) would beat the 2007 New England Patriots (all-time NFL record holder for point differential). Those two teams obviously did it for 16 games, and not 6 - but still, the Bills are clearly on fire. And not a dumpster fire like the past 20 years.

I really hope it doesn't end tomorrow, but I really don't like that the Colts beat the Packers. That's the only thing that gives me pause. But that was 7 weeks ago, and the Colts pass defense has been the worst in the NFL since that game. So we hope.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

As long as the game is in the hands of Old Man Rivers, you are in great shape.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:48 am I understand that I am excited to finally root for a team that is playing well, but man the last six weeks have been fun.
I don't actively like or dislike the Bills, but they have been fantastic team to watch. The playbook they're running for Josh Allen really takes advantages of his abilities and athleticism.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Buffalo just got robbed, that was obviously a fumble.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:18 pm Buffalo just got robbed, that was obviously a fumble.
Yep, luckily they pulled it out. I was shocked they let it stand.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Rams QB gets hit in the helmet and no call, that’s ridiculous.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Damn, looks like Zack Moss is done for the postseason. That ankle twist looked pretty gnarly. :(

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rams are like 93-0 when leading at half time. I'm just sayin'...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Skinypupy wrote:Damn, looks like Zack Moss is done for the postseason. That ankle twist looked pretty gnarly. :(

That looked bad live, my son and I just looked at each other and hoped that didn’t wrench something loose up in his hip.

It’s been hours, and I still can’t believe that they reviewed that fumble and determined it was not a fumble. Like, legitimately in disbelief.

I also thought that both of Gabriel Davis’ toe-tapping sideline catches were probably out of bounds. This crew just seemed determined to let them play and go with what they called on the field (although they did overturn a Colts INT).

I think there were only five called penalties in the game?

It was a win, and I’m happy. But unless the Colts are secretly won of the best teams in the league, that win did not fill me with confidence going forward.
Make up bags of change
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

If they had allowed that INT, I was prepared to go on another Dez Bryant rant...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Wolf from the Rams is hospitalized, but hey, no penalty. I'm not saying every injury deserves a penalty of course but this one certainly did.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

duplicate
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lorini wrote:Wolf from the Rams is hospitalized, but hey, no penalty. I'm not saying every injury deserves a penalty of course but this one certainly did.
I wasn’t paying attention when the play happened, how did he get hit in the head/neck?
Make up bags of change
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm
Lorini wrote:Wolf from the Rams is hospitalized, but hey, no penalty. I'm not saying every injury deserves a penalty of course but this one certainly did.
I wasn’t paying attention when the play happened, how did he get hit in the head/neck?
He got hit in the helmet and it jammed his neck. The ref who helps Fox said it certainly should have been called
Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lorini wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 am
RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm
He got hit in the helmet and it jammed his neck. The ref who helps Fox said it certainly should have been called
I was trying to get a sense of how the defender made contact (crown if the helmet, shoulder, etc). I still haven't seen it but the consensus seems to be it should have been called.
Make up bags of change
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I’m currently watching the Nickelodeon NFL pregame show with all the kids.

Pray for my soul.

Edit: I have a whole new level of respect for Nate Burleson. Dude is genuinely funny.
Edit 2: We need slime cannons on TDs for every broadcast.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pouncy didn't pounce on that ball.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

The way Roethlisberger just stared at the football as it lay there right at his feet reminded me of Newton in the Super Bowl.