In seeking the Kraken, you have poked the Leviathan.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Little Raven

In seeking the Kraken, you have poked the Leviathan.

Post by Little Raven »

An excellent warning for anyone dancing with QAnon.
To the QAnon community, and others involved in storming the Capitol:

The Deep State is real, but it’s not what you think. The Deep State you worry about is mostly made up; a fiction, a lie, a product of active imaginations, grifter manipulations, and the internet. I’m telling you this now because storming the Capitol building has drawn the attention of the real Deep State — the national security bureaucracy — and it’s important you understand what that means.

You attacked America. Maybe you think it was justified — as a response to a stolen election, or a cabal of child-trafficking pedophiles, or whatever — but it was still a violent attack on the United States. No matter how you describe it, that’s how the real Deep State is going to treat it.

The impact of that will make everything else feel like a LARP.
Read the whole thing.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
Carpet_pissr

Re: In seeking the Kraken, you have poked the Leviathan.

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I will, but JFC if I see one more reference to LARP without a full meaning in parentheses behind it I'm going to lose my shit. :D

It's as if the whole world assumes the rest of the world knows WTF LARP stands for.
Lunatics Are Reigning Proudly?

Leprosy Assed Raging Partisans?

Large Aardvarks Risk Pregnancy?

Lassos Are Real Practical?

:P
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I read the whole thing. It is a good take, but does not emphasize the active resistance from Agolf's administration and syncopats. Some of these berks will welcome martyrdom and some will likely get it.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Little Raven

Post by Little Raven »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:37 pmIt is a good take, but does not emphasize the active resistance from Agolf's administration and syncopats.
The real Deep State is quite used to active resistance. ISIS isn't exactly made up of cream puffs.
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

The apparatus, the 'real Deep State', the article talks about is run by people who work for the President. If you were appointed or otherwise positioned by Trump, you answer to him. We've seen already how people here in the US follow orders from their leader. Even after what happened in the capitol there are leaders creating roadblocks in front of those wanting to take action against Trump. The President himself is the one who deliberately incited violence, violence which resulted in multiple deaths.

So I think the problem with this article's take on it is that it does not address the question of how many in the real Deep State are sympathetic to if not in league with the far right. We'll see in time if all we get are some show trials, a few convictions of scapegoats, and then the authorities turn their attention elsewhere again. White people still run this country. It's a lot easier for white people to treat non white people as dangers to society than it is for white people to treat other white people as dangers to society. I find it hard to believe law enforcement will take far right extremists seriously as a threat if those far right extremist groups count law enforcement officers as members, or if family members are far right extremists.