Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by Skinypupy »

Hallmark going the extra step of asking foe their donations to be refunded.

Hallmark has requested Senators Josh Hawley and Roger Marshall – who voted against the Electoral College results last week – return campaign contributions to its PAC in light of the U.S. Capitol violence.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Oh, they share your passion:

She deserves to be cursed. Say, be forced to live with the most despicable cretin on the planet...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Congresswoman Jayapal just announced a positive coronavirus result. She had been warned she was exposed by the Congressional Physician because a group of Republicans refused to mask up when they were secured in a conference room during the attack on the Capitol that may have become a super spreader event.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Column: I took part in a pro-Trump attack on the US Capitol and now I have to face consequences? That’s tyranny!
Hello, I am a patriotic supporter of President Donald Trump who broke into the U.S. Capitol and attacked police officers because I believed the election was stolen and it was my duty to overthrow the government using only a flagpole I picked up along the way and the horns on the cool viking helmet I wore.

I am now being told I have lost my job and might go to prison. This is an absurd, Orwellian trampling of my First Amendment rights, according to a person I follow on Twitter.

What kind of country are we if an outstanding citizen like myself can be fired, arrested and charged with domestic terrorism just because I livestreamed myself joining hundreds of other freedom fighters in attempting to crush a screaming law enforcement officer before defecating in the offices of Democratic lawmakers?
:lol:
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Fortunately, I think most of congress has been vaccinated at this point, at least with one dose. Hopefully that mitigates some of the more severe symptoms.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am Fortunately, I think most of congress has been vaccinated at this point, at least with one dose. Hopefully that mitigates some of the more severe symptoms.
Seems like this could yield some information about the efficacy of one-dose vaccination.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 am
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:34 am Fortunately, I think most of congress has been vaccinated at this point, at least with one dose. Hopefully that mitigates some of the more severe symptoms.
Seems like this could yield some information about the efficacy of one-dose vaccination.
It wasn't an insurgency, it was a controlled vaccine trial!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

8 days

Bill Belichik declines the Medal of Freedom, so Agolf decides to pardon Sacco and Vanzetti ("They were very fine people") and give the Medal of Freedom to Joe Exotic.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

8 days

Bill Belichik declines the Medal of Freedom, so Agolf decides to pardon Sacco and Vanzetti ("They were very fine people") and give the Medal of Freedom to Joe Exotic.
Fact? Fiction? So hard to tell these days.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We're in some strange cross over world these days with Bizzaro World aren't we?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Kurth wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:43 pm
Jaymann wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am Countdown to Biden inauguration as President:

8 days

Belichik did decline. The rest is imbecilic license.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Proud of myself for getting the Sacco and Venzetti reference! Thanks, Bill Bryson!
Enough

Post by Enough »

What if the Coup Klux Klanners will be their nasty selves regardless of whether Trump is impeached again? I mean, they're already planning round 2. Oh and the crazy guy is still in the WH.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Enough wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm What if the Coup Klux Klanners will be their nasty selves regardless of whether Trump is impeached again? I mean, they're already planning round 2. Oh and the crazy guy is still in the WH.
From what I've seen, the impeachment play is only to prevent him from running in the future (though I THINK that could also be done with a censure IIRC). I really don't expect ANYone one the D side, or voting with the D's, expects to remove him. Sadly, and somehow, the support is not there. I guess it could also (but I hope much less of a priority) prevent him from accessing the perks of an ex pres after he's gone.

Speaking of, when do the two new Senators from GA get seated? That can't happen soon enough.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Enough wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm What if the Coup Klux Klanners will be their nasty selves regardless of whether Trump is impeached again? I mean, they're already planning round 2.
Oh? Did they intercept another manatee?
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Enough wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm What if the Coup Klux Klanners will be their nasty selves regardless of whether Trump is impeached again? I mean, they're already planning round 2. Oh and the crazy guy is still in the WH.
From what I've seen, the impeachment play is only to prevent him from running in the future (though I THINK that could also be done with a censure IIRC). I really don't expect ANYone one the D side, or voting with the D's, expects to remove him. Sadly, and somehow, the support is not there. I guess it could also (but I hope much less of a priority) prevent him from accessing the perks of an ex pres after he's gone.

Speaking of, when do the two new Senators from GA get seated? That can't happen soon enough.
I looked that up before, I recall GA had until 1/22 to certify the result.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 pm
Enough wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm What if the Coup Klux Klanners will be their nasty selves regardless of whether Trump is impeached again? I mean, they're already planning round 2.
Oh? Did they intercept another manatee?
Not lying just seeing that image puts me into a firey rage.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Type As Type As
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 pm
Just so you know, the only thing that would prevent him from running again is if the Senate convicts and then holds a separate vote saying he can't run again.

CNN fact checked the presidential perks angle and there is nothing that he'll miss out on.

So this is all theater.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

from Reuters:

“Secretary of State Mike Pompeo cancelled his Europe trip at the last minute on Tuesday after Luxembourg's foreign minister and top European Union officials declined to meet him, European diplomats and other people familiar with the matter said”
That's gotta sting.

I do love the fact that many of these assholes seem to be reaping at least a small portion of the scorn they deserve.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

stessier wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:38 pm So this is all theater.
Except the part where as a society we formally condemn a sitting President inciting a mob and trying to disrupt the electoral process.

He's clearly run roughshod over the Office of the President, but I'm still hopeful he's going to pay starting on 1/21 or shortly thereafter. I need to believe it because the other option is too depressing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:55 pm
Except the part where as a society we formally condemn a sitting President inciting a mob and trying to disrupt the electoral process.

He's clearly run roughshod over the Office of the President, but I'm still hopeful he's going to pay starting on 1/21 or shortly thereafter. I need to believe it because the other option is too depressing.
This can't be the first time you are realizing that the bad guys sometimes DO get away with it. :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

The problem is that it's only half the society. The other half is all "cool, cool, cool." And yes, it is depressing.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
malchior

Post by malchior »

This. The trouble is our culture is bankrupt. Values don't matter anymore.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I know, I know. But I've been in public service for 2+ decades now and if I don't keep hope that people will be held accountable it really becomes beyond depressing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm

8 days

Sacco and Vanzetti were immigrant anarchists. Trump would be much more likely to dig them up and execute them again.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

stessier wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:57 pm
The problem is that it's only half the society. The other half is all "cool, cool, cool." And yes, it is depressing.
we are fortunate that this year it was slightly less than half.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:57 pm
Jaymann wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm

8 days

Sacco and Vanzetti were immigrant anarchists. Trump would be much more likely to dig them up and execute them again recruit them for his insurrection efforts.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 pm We're in some strange cross over world these days with Bizzaro World aren't we?
I made jokes with family members in 2020 about how we might look back on 2020 as 'the good 'ol days', the joke being that things were going to get much worse. Haha, how could things get worse than 2020? Look how we barely made it one week into 2021 before seeing something happen that I wouldn't have imagined possible last year. It truly has become a bizarre world.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Jesus Christ, these mouth breathing morons are absurd. Sloth getting right up in his face was an especially nice touch.

California Democrat @RepLouCorrea was accosted by angry Trump supporters at Washington Dulles Airport.

One man walked up to Correa’s face to try to intimidate him, but Correa did not back down.

This is the divided America that Donald Trump has left us.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It's remarkable (and ridiculous) that this memo even needed to be written. Yet here we are...

"The violent riot in Washington, D.C. on Jan. 6, 2021 was a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building, and our Constitutional process." -- Message to the Joint Force from Joint Chiefs Chair Gen. Mark Milley and the rest of the Joint Chiefs.
Makes me feel a little better, I suppose.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm Jesus Christ, these mouth breathing morons are absurd. Sloth getting right up in his face was an especially nice touch.

California Democrat @RepLouCorrea was accosted by angry Trump supporters at Washington Dulles Airport.

One man walked up to Correa’s face to try to intimidate him, but Correa did not back down.

Thank you, Lou Correa. Where are airport security?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

To be fair, we've had our share of liberals getting in the faces of republican politicians. However, we've never had Randy Savage on our side.

We also usually aren't buying into disproved conspiracy theories when doing so.
Covfefe!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Yeah, I’m not a fan of anyone on either side doing that.

But at least we’re not howling about phantom ballots and lizard people.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

We're up to at least two House Rs voting to impeach after Liz Cheney said she'll vote yes today. Joins Kinzinger from IL.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Three
Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., earlier said he would support impeachment after the president stirred up a mob that attacked the Capitol last week while Congress counted President-elect Joe Biden’s presidential win
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/trump-i ... peach.html

(I think I read that the administration expects up to 2 dozen House R's to vote for it.)
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Mr. McConnell has indicated that he wants to see the specific article of impeachment that the House is set to approve on Wednesday, and hear the eventual arguments in the Senate. The House is expected to pass the single charge on Wednesday, and a senior administration official said the White House expects about two dozen Republicans to support it.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/12 ... -amendment
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm Jesus Christ, these mouth breathing morons are absurd. Sloth getting right up in his face was an especially nice touch.

Thank you, Lou Correa. Where are airport security?
This is why we can't have nice things.

I was more flummoxed by people running around without masks and spewing spittle all over. But I suppose if you're in an airport at all, you aren't taking the pandemic seriously to begin with. I had to *go into a restaurant* to pick up my takeout tonight. The order wasn't ready and the bill was wrong, so I had to spend 10 minutes in there and interact with four different people. That's more dangerously than I'm willing to live. If I get the covid, I know where it came from.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is insane - if substantiated

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

House Republicans scoff at new security measures in place at the US Capitol less than a week after Trump provoked a violent insurrection

A number of House Republicans sparred with Capitol police Tuesday over new security measures that were implemented in the wake of the Capitol siege on January 6.
Reporters at the Capitol building saw GOP lawmakers — including Reps. Lauren Boebert, Louie Gohmert, and Steve Scalise — scoffing at the newly installed metal detectors at the US Capitol.
Reporters present at the US Capitol on Tuesday night watched GOP lawmakers push past or blatantly walk around metal detectors, as the chamber votes on a resolution to call on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment, which would allow the vice president and some members of Trump's cabinet to depose the president.

GOP freshman congresswoman Lauren Boebert, who has engaged with QAnon conspiracy theories, refused to walk through the metal detector and allow Capitol police to search her bag, according to reporter Marc Rod. Boebert was later allowed to enter the chamber; it's unclear if her bag was searched.
Why do we or they put up with this shit. Either act like an adult or dont get in. Its so simple. If you try to get in you get tackled and thrown out. TADA!

Enlarge Image