The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

One of my favorite bugs bunny cartoons. :wub:

In other news, Snapchat banned trump permanently. Did he even use Snapchat? Who’s going to ban him next? The Home Shopping Network? Lougle?
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Daehawk wrote:
President Donald Trump himself is expected to decamp to his quarters at his exclusive Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach following the end of his term.
Something about rats and a sinking ship.
Florida is very favorable for asset protection — for example, when you are worried about eventually having lawsuits filed against you.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm One of my favorite bugs bunny cartoons. :wub:

In other news, Snapchat banned trump permanently. Did he even use Snapchat? Who’s going to ban him next? The Home Shopping Network? Lougle?
Aha! They forgot about Match.com!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm One of my favorite bugs bunny cartoons. :wub:

Aha! They forgot about Match.com!
“Hey ladies, it’s time you took a swim in Lake Me. I’m (about to be) single and ready to mingle. Once you’ve had orange, you’ll never go...er...back. Covfeve!”
Covfefe!
Tine

Post by Tine »

Why??? He is just a petty child. “Trump administration eliminated protection from more than three million acres of northern spotted owl habitat in the Pacific Northwest.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/clim ... UDzD-FdLE
Be kind. Be calm. Be safe. - Dr. Bonnie Henry 🇨🇦
malchior

Post by malchior »

Tine wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:47 pm Why??? He is just a petty child. “Trump administration eliminated protection from more than three million acres of northern spotted owl habitat in the Pacific Northwest.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/13/clim ... UDzD-FdLE
This wasn't even Trump most likely. It is some unaccountable bureaucrat punching his meal ticket post-administration. I expect it'll be rolled back based on bypassing the comment period, in effect violating the Administrative Procedure Act. That was the deficiency that led to the big DACA change to be kiboshed. These guys have consistently failed to follow the rules on many regulatory changes and the courts have pushed back on it several times already.
Last edited by malchior on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pmSomething about rats and a sinking ship.
I'm not seeing rats on a ship, but rather predators retreating to lounge in the shade after feeding.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 pm Bottomless corruption. He made a national security decision with a week to go over impeachment. What an utter disgrace.

Many around here know this will be relooked at when Biden takes office. Unfortunately Mo "Fucktard" Brooks represents Huntsville in Congress and he is under a LOT of pressure around here to resign. The mayor will not back him saying "Words matter." With that said, Huntsville is a logical place for it as is Colorado. I have a feeling if Mo does not resign, Space Command may remain in Colorado.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is there any chance Space Command is basically killed off and rolled into one of the other branches (like the Air Force)?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:39 am Is there any chance Space Command is basically killed off and rolled into one of the other branches (like the Air Force)?
I would seriously hope so.
This Space Command thing is embarrassing.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am
stessier wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:39 am Is there any chance Space Command is basically killed off and rolled into one of the other branches (like the Air Force)?
That's only because decades of Sci-Fi have taken all the good names and all that's left just sounds silly.

Space Command is a silly name. It sounds like a bad 80's movie. I'd rather see them called the US Solar Corps or something.
Black Lives Matter

Holman

Post by Holman »

Technically it's part of the Air Force already, the way the USMC is a department of the Navy while still being considered an equal branch.

In reality, though, everything Space Force is doing already *was* going on in the Air Force before 2019. All Trump did was change the org chart to declare the space stuff a separate branch.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You guys are still thinking like Trump won't be President after 1/20. With the help of Space Force, it's happening!

Maybe next year, maybe no go
stessier

Post by stessier »

I hesitate to ask, but what is "GBS"?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GBS?
Black Lives Matter.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Wouldn't surprise me if he meant EBS (emergency broadcast system), but there's so many other issues with that tweet I can't even begin to comprehend how someone would get there.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 am
I would hope so also. It's really unnecessary when the air force already does it, it just adds more costs with extra layers of leadership and bureaucracy.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Global Blovated Swinefest
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It's like you guys aren't even paying attention!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:40 pm It's like you guys aren't even paying attention!
Oh, so it's like (recent Gal Gadot movie spoilers below)
Spoiler:
the climax of WW84?
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm Wouldn't surprise me if he meant EBS (emergency broadcast system), but there's so many other issues with that tweet I can't even begin to comprehend how someone would get there.
Based on context, I assumed it was Global Broadcast Service.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ ... st_Service

Edit, nevermind, just clicked on Smoove's link.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I, for one, do expect mass arrests on inauguration day. It just may not go in the direction the crazies are hoping for.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm I hesitate to ask, but what is "GBS"?
That character's whole feed is amazing, but his big idea is that during Biden's inauguration Trump will use Space Force's new Global Broadcast System to interrupt all screens worldwide to announce that the mass arrests have begun. Apparently GBS can do this because it is an "advanced particle beam" that takes control of screens directly. Its feed cannot be shut off.

As usual, Trump is playing 5D chess here. Making this play at the inauguration means that all of the major criminals will be in one place and pre-surrounded by the National Guard. This includes Tom Hanks, who in this narrative is super-especially Evil and who happens to be hosting some of the Inaugural performances, or something.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:36 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:37 pm Wouldn't surprise me if he meant EBS (emergency broadcast system), but there's so many other issues with that tweet I can't even begin to comprehend how someone would get there.
Based on context, I assumed it was Global Broadcast Service.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_ ... st_Service

Edit, nevermind, just clicked on Smoove's link.
EBN?

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Holman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 pm
stessier wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 pm I hesitate to ask, but what is "GBS"?
That character's whole feed is amazing, but his big idea is that during Biden's inauguration Trump will use Space Force's new Global Broadcast System to interrupt all screens worldwide to announce that the mass arrests have begun. Apparently GBS can do this because it is an "advanced particle beam" that takes control of screens directly. Its feed cannot be shut off.

As usual, Trump is playing 5D chess here. Making this play at the inauguration means that all of the major criminals will be in one place and pre-surrounded by the National Guard. This includes Tom Hanks, who in this narrative is super-especially Evil and who happens to be hosting some of the Inaugural performances, or something.
Lol, my movie spoiler feels even more apt now.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Let the looting begin!

"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

How it began: He's a businessman, give him a chance.

How it's going: Fort Apache the Inauguration.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

POOPGATE! Disturbing news about Trump-family toilets, and it's more than flush volume.

WaPo: The $3,000-a-month toilet for the Ivanka Trump/Jared Kushner Secret Service detail.
Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date — to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.
Tl;dr:

Jared and Ivanka refused to allow their Secret Service detail to use any of the six and half bathrooms in their DC residence, so the agents were forced to look elsewhere. They were allowed to use a bathroom controlled by the S.S. agents at the nearby Obama home until one of the Trump agents left an "unpleasant mess." Eventually they wound up renting a $3,000/mo apartment just for the toilet.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence
They must laugh their asses off at block parties.

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm not so sure that "Piss off, I literally don't give a shit about you" is the message you want to send to the people who are supposed to be willing to take a bullet for you. :think:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:27 pm I'm not so sure that "Piss off, I literally don't give a shit about you" is the message you want to send to the people who are supposed to be willing to take a bullet for you. :think:
Those who have no honor are pretty good at taking advantage of those who do.

MYT
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jaketapper wrote:To be fair the comparisons aren't quite accurate:

1) Nixon was never actually impeached; Trump was impeached twice
2) Nixon was re-elected
2) Nixon's mood swings were at least partly because he was drinking

I'm sorry I meant to be fair to Nixon
jaketapper wrote:Trump explodes at Nixon comparisons as he prepares to leave office, from @Kevinliptakcnn and @kaitlancollins

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

You won't believe how shocked Trump was when aides compared him to Nixon! Insurrectionists hate this.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:54 pm
Someone please tell me there are protocols that prevent even the President from stealing anything out of the White House. It's a place stuffed to the gills with history we can't lose to a moron having a tantrum.
Black Lives Matter

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Paingod wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 am
Someone please tell me there are protocols that prevent even the President from stealing anything out of the White House. It's a place stuffed to the gills with history we can't lose to a moron having a tantrum.
Yeah, this image has been haunting me as well.

I honestly can see Trump inviting deplorables to come by for free souvenirs .

Is there any more information on the image above ?
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:59 am
Paingod wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:55 am
Yeah, this images has been haunting me as well.

I honestly can see Trump inviting deplorables to come by for free souvenirs .

Is there any more information on the image above ?
Not clear what is White House property and what is personal effects but generally you move out personal effects all at once on a specified date. Not piecemeal and opportunistically.

And it's doubtful it's Smithsonian staff repatriating borrowed items. They usually use proper moving materials and procedures.

MYT
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

All of those items have maps to hidden treasure in invisible ink on the back.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:08 am Not clear what is White House property and what is personal effects but generally you move out personal effects all at once on a specified date. Not piecemeal and opportunistically.
Generally movers don't need to avoid the attention of the PotUS, who is likely to become enraged and throw a fit upon noticing someone packing up and shipping out their stuff. Supposedly that is the reason for the sporadic moving activity.

Additionally, it is being reported that the First Lady is organizing and supervising the move out. That being the case, the shambolic nature of the activity is obviously the fault of Michelle Obama, who apparently did not leave behind a detailed plan for Melania to copy.
Last edited by Max Peck on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paingod

Post by Paingod »

wonderpug wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:54 amAll of those items have maps to hidden treasure in invisible ink on the back.
I wish I had it in me to chuckle, because that would do it. I'm just too worried that Trump has invited people in like it's a yard sale. "Come on in and grab a piece of history! Limited time only!"

Honestly, any "Trump" memorabilia can go. No one will miss the picture of him and Xi Jinping, but if that stuffed bird was shot by Roosevelt, stuffed, and it's been on a perch for 85 years it needs to stay put or go to a museum.
Black Lives Matter