Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: Political Violence - Trump End Times ed.

Post by Jaymann »

I have been thinking about this. A lot of Agolf's rabid supporters are getting long in the tooth. They have been hoarding guns and ammo for years without a chance to use them in earnest. Now dear leader is calling for civil war to keep him in power, so their lifelong dream is at hand. It is like giving a toddler a Hot Wheels for Christmas and telling him he can't use it...yet.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

In terms of House GOP members who should be fearing investigations and possible expulsion over their roles in the 1/6 insurrection, Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Mo Brooks (Ala.) and Paul A. Gosar (Ariz.), have to be at the top of that list.

Traitors. Each one of them.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 am
  • “Fry’em up. The whole fkn crew. #pelosi #aoc #thesquad #soros #gates
    #chuckschumer #hrc #obama #adamschiff #blm #antifa we are coming for you and
    you will know it.”
  • “#JackDorsey … you will die a bloody death alongside Mark Suckerturd
    [Zuckerberg].… It has been decided and plans are being put in place. Remember
    the photographs inside your home while you slept? Yes, that close. You will die a
    sudden death!”
  • “We are going to fight in a civil War on Jan.20th, Form MILITIAS now and
    acquire targets.
  • “On January 20th we need to start systematicly [sic] assassinating [sic] #liberal
    leaders, liberal activists, #blm leaders and supporters, members of the #nba #nfl
    #mlb #nhl #mainstreammedia anchors and correspondents and #antifa. I already
    have a news worthy event planned.”
  • “Shoot the police that protect these shitbag senators right in the head then make the
    senator grovel a bit before capping they ass.”
  • “After the firing squads are done with the politicians the teachers are next.”
  • “Death to @zuckerberg @realjeffbezos @jackdorsey @pichai.”
  • “White people need to ignite their racial identity and rain down suffering and death
    like a hurricane upon zionists."
  • “Put a target on these motherless trash [Antifa] they aren’t human taking one out
    would be like stepping on a roach no different.”
  • “We need to act like our forefathers did Kill [Black and Jewish people] all Leave
    no victims or survivors.”
  • “We are coming with our list we know where you live we know who you are and
    we are coming for you and it starts on the 6th civil war… Lol if you will think it’s
    a joke… Enjoy your last few days you have.”
  • “This bitch [Stacey Abrams] will be good target practice for our beginners.”
  • “This cu** [United States Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao] should be…
    hung for betraying their country.”
  • “Hang this mofo [Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger] today.”
  • “HANG THAt N***** ASAP”
Antifa provocateurs obvs.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"No true supporter of mine could ever threaten or harass their fellow Americans."

This is how you know it's bullshit. But he's trying desperately to distance himself from the violence he caused and encouraged.

2:53 "But I cannot emphasize [sic] that there must be no violence, no lawbreaking, and no vandalism of any kind."

This will be passed over by most as a misspoken sentence, but the True Believers will take it literally as a license for the above.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

No true Scotsman...
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The Meal wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 pm No true Scotsman...
LOL! :clap:
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

At least 28 police officers were among the insurrectionists at the Capitol.
I'm confident that number is going to go up.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

MikeDrucker wrote:
BenShapiro wrote:Literally every regular human I know owns zip ties. This is like Pauline Kael on steroids.
Ben, usually I'd joke, but I'm going to come at this honestly. There's a big difference between zip ties being carried by paramilitary forces invading the capitol and zip ties being carried by your wife so she can tie you to a chair and make you watch her have sex with other men.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:31 pm
MikeDrucker wrote:
BenShapiro wrote:Literally every regular human I know owns zip ties. This is like Pauline Kael on steroids.
Ben, usually I'd joke, but I'm going to come at this honestly. There's a big difference between zip ties being carried by paramilitary forces invading the capitol and zip ties being carried by your wife so she can tie you to a chair and make you watch her have sex with other men.
Haha. Also those were police-style cuff 'em ties, not the ones Ben would use to strap on his penal enhancement toys.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zip ties don't generally have two loops - one for each wrist - nor are they typically carried already 'loaded' so that all you have to do is pull. Zip cuffs, on the other hand, are.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's much better that I expected, but too bad it took a week and had to be written by someone else. If he could have done this within a day or two, I think there's a good chance he would not have been impeached or lost Twitter.
Last edited by Alefroth on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm It's much better that I expected, but too bad it took a week and had to be written by someone else. If he could have done this in a day or two, I think there's a good chance he would not have been impeached or lost Twitter.
Are you talking about his recorded statement?

How many times have we seen this before? He follows a brief script and gets declared presidential, and within 12 hours he has undermined all of it entirely.

This time he greatly benefits from the Twitter ban.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Essentially declaring that blocking him on social media is dangerous didn’t exactly sound presidential to me. I fully suspect he’ll be using the White House Twitter account to post his shit until the account is given to Biden’s administration.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm guessing his lawyers have been telling him he's in potential danger based on what he's been saying - specifically on the morning of the 6th. This statement was a way to try and ameliorate that if possible, but I can't see how.

His absence from social media and his inability to megaphone his nonsense into the ether for millions to consume has likely been more impactful that we realize.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Holman wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm It's much better that I expected, but too bad it took a week and had to be written by someone else. If he could have done this in a day or two, I think there's a good chance he would not have been impeached or lost Twitter.

How many times have we seen this before? He follows a brief script and gets declared presidential, and within 12 hours he has undermined all of it entirely.

Right. "New tone". "Much Presidential". How does it work so often?

In other options...no. No. No. No. No. If Biden does that, a lot of people will give up on us. This is such a bad idea. I'd argue this cycle of Presidential mischief started when Ford pardoned Nixon. The powerful need to face consequences. Also, I absolutely don't trust Comey's judgement about anything.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Oh, I know. I'm not saying he's a changed man, but I didn't expect this level of coherence.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Oh, I know. I'm not saying he's a changed man, but I didn't expect this level of coherence.
He's reading. Come on.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

malchior wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

He's reading. Come on.
No shit. That's why I said written by someone else. He's failed at reading before.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Not everything you see on Twitter is trite and/or horrible.

101stAASLTDIV wrote:Eugene Goodman stood in the doorway that day.

We see you, Eugene.
AlexHortonTX wrote:Eugene Goodman, the Capitol officer who lured rioters away from the Senate chamber, was an Army infantryman who served in Iraq with the 101st, via @rebtanhs
Meet Eugene Goodman.
It was a video clip that captured not only the terror of the day, but the values at stake: a lone Black police officer in the marble halls of the U.S. Capitol building, facing down a mob of mostly White rioters who had stormed in bearing Confederate flags, weapons and vows to reclaim a lost election.

The footage captured by HuffPost political reporter Igor Bobic has gone viral in the past week, spurring people across the world to hail the officer as a hero. The U.S. Capitol Police have not publicly identified him, but three of his friends told The Washington Post that the officer is Eugene Goodman of Maryland, confirming what journalists at CNN and elsewhere have reported.

For 85 tense seconds, Goodman tries to hold back dozens of rioters, twice retreating up a flight of stairs. Police experts say he wasn’t fleeing, but luring the mob away from the Senate chambers, where lawmakers were sheltering and armed officers — including one with a semiautomatic weapon — were securing the doors.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now that guy deserves the Medal of Freedom.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is my favorite, totally clueless rioter from last week, "Dr. Tammy":

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So this is a real doctor and not Jill Biden?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:13 pm So this is a real doctor and not Jill Biden?
Until we know for sure that she's actually delivered a baby, I believe we're supposed to presume she's just a Qiddo.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Re: Tracking down the rioters in the building. It seems the Capitol Building has it's own cell network in the basement and lots of WiFi/Bluetooth tracking available. Anyone who walked through there with a phone is #fuct.

Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Still registered at the federal level.
Https://Npiregistry.cms.hhs.gov

Apparently she goes by Tammy Towers. Should note though that there is no proof that the woman in the video is actually a physician in Seattle.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

She's a known actor in public health / anti-mask / anti-vax circles; I can assure you her information has been shared with the FBI. :wink:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

<Tinfoil Hat>
So there's a lot of speculation as to the level of organization the rioters had.
  • One Democrat notes GOP members "giving tours" in days prior to the riot - possibly to help people understand the layout of the facility.
  • We've all seen videos of cops just letting people in through barricades and taking selfies
  • Some have commented on people "directing traffic" inside to help get rioters to more critical areas
  • Some have commented that the rioters seemed to have unusually accurate ways of heading to where they wanted to go
  • One video of rioters inside the building mentioned plans they used
  • I don't believe for a moment that rioters were finding bundles of zip-tie cuffs on the floor and picking them up as souvenirs
  • In pictures, at least two of the rioters were clearly wearing earpieces used for communications
  • A number of security professionals are concerned about what may have been exposed or open to rioters
I don't think Trump is capable of anything like this coordination. I do think certain groups, like the Proud Boys, could have seen this coming and absolutely would have concocted a strategy to take advantage of the protesters. I'm more and more less inclined to believe it was entirely a raging mob whipped up by Trump and more inclined to believe it was a raging mob whipped up by Trump that some people worked to take advantage of.

Has anyone put together a worst-case scenario - what could have happened - if the mob had actually gotten to where the votes were being counted or actually found the next three people in the line of succession behind Trump?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 pm One Democrat notes GOP members "giving tours" in days prior to the riot - possibly to help people understand the layout of the facility.
More than just that one person claims to have witnessed the possible recce tours. CNN is reporting that 31 members of Congress have signed a letter requesting an investigation into apparent tours that were witnessed in the day or two prior to the insurrection.
On Wednesday, 31 members of Congress sent a letter to the acting House Sergeant of Arms, acting Senate Sergeant of Arms and Acting Chief of the US Capitol Police asking them to investigate the issue of tours further.

Democratic Rep. Mary Gay Scanlon, one of the co-signers of the letter, confirmed to CNN that she saw groups of tours of people in MAGA apparel one or two days before the attack.

"I had seen what appeared to be tour groups of folks dressed in MAGA attire, in the halls, in the tunnels," Scanlon told CNN.

"I don't know exactly what day it was. It was just surprising to see that happen because since Covid the building's been shut down. There aren't supposed to be any tours. So I kind of assumed it must be a new member who didn't know the rules or something. But, I mean, I can verify that it happened. There were people who were roaming around in the halls, apparently under the guidance of congressional staff."

Scanlon told CNN she saw a group of 6 to 8 people.

"Many of the Members who signed this letter, including those of us who have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity, as well as various members of our staff, witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5," the letter states.

It says the tours were "unusual" and "concerning" and were reported to the Sergeant at Arms on January 5. The letter says the groups "could only have gained access to the Capitol Complex from a Member of Congress or a member of their staff."

Holman

Post by Holman »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 pm Has anyone put together a worst-case scenario - what could have happened - if the mob had actually gotten to where the votes were being counted or actually found the next three people in the line of succession behind Trump?
The zip-ties suggest that they planned to take hostages.

What would happen after that is too creepy to contemplate.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If the rioters had succeeded in purging the anti-Trump elements of Congress, who or what would stop the surviving pro-Trump members from reconvening, rejecting the contested Electoral College votes and overturning the election? I'm pretty sure that the Sedition Caucus would have taken their shot if it was handed to them.

Apparently I'm not terminally creeped out by contemplating worst-case scenarios. :coffee:

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'll admit that I did not have "Xena providing clarification on the medical licensing status of QAnon Capitol Rioters" on today's bingo card.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 pm If the rioters had succeeded in purging the anti-Trump elements of Congress, who or what would stop the surviving pro-Trump members from reconvening, rejecting the contested Electoral College votes and overturning the election? I'm pretty sure that the Sedition Caucus would have taken their shot if it was handed to them.

Apparently I'm not terminally creeped out by contemplating worst-case scenarios. :coffee:
I am not especially clear how hanging Mike Pence would advance even their wildest fever dream. Maybe whittle it down to just Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:25 pm
I'll admit that I did not have "Xena providing clarification on the medical licensing status of QAnon Capitol Rioters" on today's bingo card.
[as a Seattle resident] i can also assure you if this person really was a doctor here, she would soon be run out on the proverbial rail.
Last edited by hitbyambulance on Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 pm
Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 pm If the rioters had succeeded in purging the anti-Trump elements of Congress, who or what would stop the surviving pro-Trump members from reconvening, rejecting the contested Electoral College votes and overturning the election? I'm pretty sure that the Sedition Caucus would have taken their shot if it was handed to them.

I am not especially clear how hanging Mike Pence would advance even their wildest fever dream. Maybe whittle it down to just Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert?
Logic and cults don't go together.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 pm inclined to believe it was a raging mob whipped up by Trump that some people worked to take advantage of.
Is that in doubt? I can't imagine Donald J Trump coordinating with the violent actors but rather he basks in the power they give him and rewards them by riling them up. The grifters, the delusional, and the bigots attracted to him having power then run with the ball. That's been the pattern since GOP primaries of 2016.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 pm inclined to believe it was a raging mob whipped up by Trump that some people worked to take advantage of.
Is that in doubt? I can't imagine Donald J Trump coordinating with the violent actors but rather he basks in the power they give him and rewards them by riling them up. The grifters, the delusional, and the bigots attracted to him having power then run with the ball. That's been the pattern since GOP primaries of 2016.
The Boogaloo and other neo-Civil-War types always say that they're waiting for conditions to make it possible. Those conditions don't require orders from political leaders.

I'm pretty confident that a few of them thought capturing and executing a few top Dems in a show trial would be just the spark they're waiting for. They certainly couldn't have expected to escape and demand ransom.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Funding discovered?

Chainalysis researchers discovered a blog post from the bitcoin user that reads like an apparent suicide note, bequeathing his money to “certain causes and people” in light of what he describes as “the decline of Western civilization,” though the researchers were unable to confirm that the user was in fact dead. Chainalysis declined to publish the user’s name, citing privacy concerns due to the inability to conclusively confirm his death and out of concerns over ongoing law enforcement investigations.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

They busted the "caveman":
You, sir, are no Phil Hartman.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He should have just stayed home and worked on Grimoire.
He won. Period.