Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

raydude

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by raydude »

For sure cars are a big money sink. I basically tuned out the car ads from the fixers. I do remember walking around North Oak for a quest and saw a nice looking car. Went closer and found it was one of the cars Wakako offered for sale. "Only" a measly 225,000 eddies.

I didn't buy the Javelina but I do recall getting into a Type-66 model that was just sitting near some Nomads. They didn't care that I took their car, so I used it to get back to NC. That car's handling was super nice!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

raydude wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:05 pmI didn't buy the Javelina but I do recall getting into a Type-66 model that was just sitting near some Nomads. They didn't care that I took their car, so I used it to get back to NC. That car's handling was super nice!
In terms of getting around the city and badlands, the pricetag on the Javelina is worth it if you're not fast-traveling everywhere. If I could pick one car out of all that I've driven, that one would be it. If you are fast-traveling, you're probably into whatever's free, even hoofing it, to the next objective.

That Nomad car is identical in handling and speed, so you know what you're getting into. I was genuinely dismayed when the other Type-66 cars I bought handled like sloppy messes.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Are the cars you can buy that much better than the free ones you get from missions?

I have that beast truck from the racing and a wicked fast good handling 190mph something or other that I got for free from some garage mission.

I’m level 31 and had about $250K, until I dropped 110K on a DeadEye clothing mod, my biggest purchase so far.
-something witty-
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

infinitelurker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 pmAre the cars you can buy that much better than the free ones you get from missions?

I have that beast truck from the racing and a wicked fast good handling 190mph something or other that I got for free from some garage mission.
The Beast is a pretty good vehicle, but I'd still prefer the Type-66 Javelina. It's got a higher top speed and feels better. The Beast isn't bad, though.

I've got a number of free cars and the only other car I drive regularly is my Caliburn. That one's also got nice handling and tops out at 210. It better be nice for $157,000

For "free" cars, I've got:
Apollo "Scorpion" (the dead friend's bike)
Alvarado" Vato" (the boxer's sweet ride)
Colby CX410 Butte (the badlands film set car)
Thorton Mackinaw "Beast" (the racing reward)
Thornton Galena “Rattler” (the Nomad's car)
Arch Nazare “Itsumade” (the gangster's bike)
Delamain No. 21 (Losing Your Mind)

I don't have these free ones yet:
Quadra Turbo-R V-Tech (Life's Work Gig)
Rayfield Caliburn (Black) (after the tunnel fight with Panam)
Porsche 911 II (930) Turbo (Johnny's old ride)
Shion "Coyote" (a 'secret' Nomad mission)

For paid cars, I've got:
Quadra Type-66 “Javelina” (the favorite, my first purchase)
Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu" (after the races are over, hoping it was like the Javelina - it wasn't)
Quadra Type-66 Avenger (Silver with racing stripes, hoping it was like the Javelina - it wasn't)
Rayfield Caliburn (White) (a pretty dang sweet ride, bought after stealing and driving one)
Black Lives Matter

raydude

Post by raydude »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 am
infinitelurker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:20 pmAre the cars you can buy that much better than the free ones you get from missions?

The Beast is a pretty good vehicle, but I'd still prefer the Type-66 Javelina. It's got a higher top speed and feels better. The Beast isn't bad, though.

I've got a number of free cars and the only other car I drive regularly is my Caliburn. That one's also got nice handling and tops out at 210. It better be nice for $157,000

For "free" cars, I've got:
Apollo "Scorpion" (the dead friend's bike)
Alvarado" Vato" (the boxer's sweet ride)
Colby CX410 Butte (the badlands film set car)
Thorton Mackinaw "Beast" (the racing reward)
Thornton Galena “Rattler” (the Nomad's car)
Arch Nazare “Itsumade” (the gangster's bike)
Delamain No. 21 (Losing Your Mind)

Rayfield Caliburn (Black) (after the tunnel fight with Panam)
Porsche 911 II (930) Turbo (Johnny's old ride)
Shion "Coyote" (a 'secret' Nomad mission)

For paid cars, I've got:
Quadra Type-66 “Javelina” (the favorite, my first purchase)
Quadra Type-66 "Cthulhu" (after the races are over, hoping it was like the Javelina - it wasn't)
Quadra Type-66 Avenger (Silver with racing stripes, hoping it was like the Javelina - it wasn't)
Rayfield Caliburn (White) (a pretty dang sweet ride, bought after stealing and driving one)
My personal favorite is the "Scorpion". I initially rode it because the scenes before I got it were pretty moving (spoiler: purposefully vague) but then I realized that bikes were pretty much the only vehicles that I could comfortably drive in first person. And yeah, I usually try to drive in first person. I also got comfortable weaving around traffic at speed and got tuned in to drifting around corners with the bike. Given that I wasn't playing the game GTA style (i.e. crashing into cars and pedos for no reason) I really needed a way to weave around stopped traffic without busting people's cars (or my ride).
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

raydude wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:16 amMy personal favorite is the "Scorpion". I initially rode it because the scenes before I got it were pretty moving (spoiler: purposefully vague) but then I realized that bikes were pretty much the only vehicles that I could comfortably drive in first person. And yeah, I usually try to drive in first person. I also got comfortable weaving around traffic at speed and got tuned in to drifting around corners with the bike. Given that I wasn't playing the game GTA style (i.e. crashing into cars and pedos for no reason) I really needed a way to weave around stopped traffic without busting people's cars (or my ride).
I had some silly fun driving around in 1st person in a car, but found it to be nearly impossible in some cars where the dashboard occupied like 3/5 of the screen. Pretty good in the Caliburn, though. I liked looking out the windows at the scenery and feeling like I was secure in my luxury sports car.

I do tend to clip a lot of other cars in my Javelina/Caliburn, and often have to brake hard and spin around to catch a missed turn.

Fun bug:
I discovered that while standing on a car (I was amusing one of the kids and being silly), after creating a traffic jam at an intersection, my vehicles spawned in on top of each other 90m in front of me. The result was often hilariously catastrophic, with one or more of them being flung hundreds of meters in random directions - including straight up. I made a helluva mess and spent a lot of $100 insurance fees, but it was fun.
Black Lives Matter

infinitelurker

Post by infinitelurker »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 am
Ahh, this is the free one I have, thanks! I stumbled into the gig and finished it so quick I didn’t even take note of the gig title.
-something witty-
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I've come to realize that the game relies heavily on spawning things just off screen. From foot traffic to cars to racing to police. Sometimes the density of what's shown far ahead simply melts away when you get close. A crowded highway 1km ahead is a barren stretch of road when you get there.

In a lot of games that's not such a big issue - but in a lot of games, the player can't spin the camera around and watch it happen real-time. What would it do to performance for things to spawn well out of visual range and then come in?

A lot of the strangest things are also permanently scripted. For example, I've got a cop car parked on the road out of the badlands. Previously there were two cops there, but over time I've ... uhhh... accidentally removed them. For a while it was just one cop standing there, searching in vain for his partner. Now the car stands there as a stark reminder of my misdeeds. The same goes for a "traffic accident" scene with a couple cops and a driver arguing. I needed a car so I stole the car that had been hit. It never respawned, and now I've got a driver standing there arguing with cops next to where his car used to be.
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The old GTA games used to do the same thing. I remember more than once playing San Andreas and needing a fast car. Nothing was approaching the intersection, so I'd turn away and then turn back, then repeat until it spawned something that fit my needs.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm I've come to realize that the game relies heavily on spawning things just off screen. From foot traffic to cars to racing to police. Sometimes the density of what's shown far ahead simply melts away when you get close. A crowded highway 1km ahead is a barren stretch of road when you get there.

In a lot of games that's not such a big issue - but in a lot of games, the player can't spin the camera around and watch it happen real-time. What would it do to performance for things to spawn well out of visual range and then come in?...
This annoys the hell out of me, but I was expecting it since the GTA games are also like that.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Apollo wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Paingod wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:55 pm I've come to realize that the game relies heavily on spawning things just off screen. From foot traffic to cars to racing to police. Sometimes the density of what's shown far ahead simply melts away when you get close. A crowded highway 1km ahead is a barren stretch of road when you get there.

In a lot of games that's not such a big issue - but in a lot of games, the player can't spin the camera around and watch it happen real-time. What would it do to performance for things to spawn well out of visual range and then come in?...
This annoys the hell out of me, but I was expecting it since the GTA games are also like that.
As was I, but not so clearly on top of me. I felt GTA V did a pretty good job of handling the world around me as I flew through it.

The cops are the worst of it, spawning in from all sides and attacking you. The racing is the most insulting, no matter how well you do, the inferior AI is always 20m behind you - it's so bad you can watch their icons skip around on the minimap. Thankfully, getting the cops' attention is almost a deliberate action, and racing is just a 4-mission arc.

It's really only a slap in the face on those two counts - and anytime you start spinning the camera. As long as you're driving or running forward, it feels fairly normal. They mingle in a lot of scripted set pieces just about everywhere to help the random filler feel more alive.
Black Lives Matter

Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Just finished the game this morning. Overall enjoyed it, though I'd give it a 'C+', 7/10, or whatever. I'll caveat what everything I'm about to say with the fact I consider Witcher3 to be the best modern RPG I've played and, thus, I expect great things out of CD Projekt Red.

How much "love" or passion given to the source material is always a big thing with me. I think it shows in ways that are hard to explicitly point out. This game is missing the love. Sure, it checks all the boxes, but it is missing the heart. Bugs were there but never really got to me. I found when I ran into some crazy bug, I could just reload the last save and everything would be fixed. I realize mileage varies widely on this.

Big issue for me was dialog choices not representing what is actually going to be said. I'm a big believer in make a choice and sticking to it. There were a more than a couple times when I had to re-load an earlier save because I made a dialog choice that spun off in some crazy direction. That was far more immersion breaking than the bugs.

Reading other reviews, there is probably an uncanny valley effect going on with the city of CP2077 as opposed to the characters. While I'm not a big city guy, I occasionally go to the big city and this felt like it. The complaints that the inhabitants don't do anything, or if you turn around a person that was just there suddenly isn't, just don't resonate with me. Did people expect they were going to model 10k people and have individual AI for all of them? At the same time, Night City never became a place for me. When I started playing the game I had expected feeling of I'm going to learn my way around, learn the landmarks, etc. Never happened, which it should. Right now, as I sit here, I'm asking myself where is the industrial zone? I know there is one, but I don't remember. There also was never the feeling of, "I'm going into Valentino territory, I need to be careful." Yes, there were regional gangs but they essentially didn't matter. Maybe they should have had another system for building rep (lol, just what that game needs is another system, I know)? Missed opportunity for sure.

Sneaking was okay, if unremarkable. Gunplay was weak. I read somewhere that the swords break the game (which I can definitely confirm) so I tried to stay away from them. Playing as an assault weapon guy, I think I only flatlined two or three times? One time was when a gas tank exploded next to me, not because the enemy was a real threat. Driving was off. I preferred motorcycles, but I'll complain about that also as there were not many of them to buy.
Spoiler:
I drove Jackie's Arch for most of the game. I do like that bike.
One of the reasons I am a Witcher fanboy is not only because I felt the Witcher, but because (somehow) I genuinely cared about the NPCs. A little crazy for a grown-ass man. That started to happen to some extent here. I cared about Jackie, Claire, and Panam. River missed the mark just a bit, but that's okay. But... and big spoiler here...
Spoiler:
Whether or not to give Johnny control for endgame is clearly supposed to be a big moment. But why the hell would I give him control? They did not even come close to creating a compelling reason for me to want to give him control, and I'm fairly confident I had max rep with Johnny. Yeah, he's cool and maybe misunderstood. Yes, he's grown. But I'm giving over my fate to him. Not even close. I think I know what they were going for with Johnny, but they failed utterly.
So anyway, there you have it. My two cents.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Sawyer wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:11 pm So anyway, there you have it. My two cents.
Good review. I agree that Night City wasn't like Los Santos in GTA V, where by sixty hours in I was able to navigate just by looking at the surroundings. Still, I liked the approach the developers took in making it a third dimensional city. It felt different and confusing but for me it was in a good way. I think if I keep playing for more hours I'll get to the point where it feels like I'm a resident. I think part of my problem was that I used the navigation system too much. If I had made myself get more familiar with landmarks and major routes I probably would have a better feel for it. I should have checked to see if someone had made a compass mod :D

I never read the source material so everything going in was a new story to me. I rather liked that part of it, a lot of "oh, wow" moments. The side mission story arcs were very enjoyable and I soon really got attached to some of the characters. The gigs and pop-up missions soon became rather tiring.

Oddly, compared with most folks I didn't find the driving to be bad. It was challenging in the less than optimal vehicles but using a controller I was able to have fun. The biggest issue was the minimap which didn't expand when going faster so I was forced to watch it more than I should have had to.

I've never played the Witcher, so I can't compare it to that and maybe that's why I didn't have such high hopes. I just wanted a shooter in a big city with lots of stories and things to do without ending up doing a lot of busy work. That's what I got for the most part.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:36 pm The side mission story arcs were very enjoyable and I soon really got attached to some of the characters. The gigs and pop-up missions soon became rather tiring.
I didn't directly address missions, but you are absolutely right. On the whole, the side missions were a high point of the game.

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:36 pm Oddly, compared with most folks I didn't find the driving to be bad. It was challenging in the less than optimal vehicles but using a controller I was able to have fun. The biggest issue was the minimap which didn't expand when going faster so I was forced to watch it more than I should have had to.
Maybe a little harsh on my end. The driving on the motorcycle was pretty decent. I'm not a GTA guy so for me a gold standard comparison for car driving would be Mad Max. I completely agree on your minimap take. Many a turns were missed because of the map.

I mean, I did finish the game. I don't post on here a ton (though I'm on here a couple times a week - stealth expert), but if I don't like a game I won't waste my time on in. CP2077 is not a bad game. It's more of a missed opportunity?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

24 min video but feels a lot longer

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I finished the main story with 60ish hours of play time. Instead of just rolling back to the pre-point-of-no-return save, I made a new character and will be spending some time just running around, getting into trouble and completely ghosting Jackie and his big job from Dex. I want to find out how much there is to see in the game if you don't advance the main story at all after getting patched up by Vik.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:45 pm I finished the main story with 60ish hours of play time. Instead of just rolling back to the pre-point-of-no-return save, I made a new character and will be spending some time just running around, getting into trouble and completely ghosting Jackie and his big job from Dex. I want to find out how much there is to see in the game if you don't advance the main story at all after getting patched up by Vik.
I want to do the opposite. I dithered around and did a bunch of open world content before I did the heist. I want to beeline it next time and see what all Keanu has to say about the quests I did before getting the shard.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My friend hasn't finished it yet but he said his friend did and got a really bad ending...dont know what that means .
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks Blues News

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/218282/cybe ... 77-roadmap
CD PROJEKT RED offers a tweet with a Cyberpunk 2077 roadmap of what they are doing to improve their sci-fi RPG between now and the end of this year. They created a graphic to represent three simple tenets, showing the rest of 2021 will include free DLCs, a free new generation console upgrade, and "multiple updates and improvements. Marcin asks unhappy users not to blame the development teams, saying he and the board are the final decision makers, and it was their call to release the game. He says they "never, ever intended for anything like this to happen" and offers assurances they will do their best to regain our trust. He goes on to explain how creating the game to look epic on PCs and then scaling it back for consoles turned out to be far more difficult than they anticipated.
raydude

Post by raydude »

That's cool. I've done two endings so far. I'm taking a break now and waiting for the DLC to drop before going back in. In the meantime, I'm reading through the Cyberpunk Red Jumpstart kit world book. Red is set in the time after the Fourth Corporate War but before the events in Cyberpunk 2077. It's pretty cool.

Also reading through William Gibson's Sprawl Trilogy. Halfway through Neuromancer now. It's cool seeing how Gibson's terminology and world-building is reflected in 2077. Rastafarians, Freeside and it's space casino; so many homages and references in 2077. I can practically see the labels for the book characters - Solo, Netrunner, Fixer for Molly, Case, and Armitage.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Haven't read the entire thread, but does anyone have a say on last gen 4k console (PS4+, XBoneX) performance, etc? I've shied away due to those reported issues on last gen consoles, and in the released roadmap, I see zero mention of the last gen consoles save for some throwaway "bug fixes" comments. Heck, I don't even know if the last gen issues are just for the initial consoles or the 4k enabled updated consoles.

Help me OO, you're my only hope!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Pyperkub wrote:Haven't read the entire thread, but does anyone have a say on last gen 4k console (PS4+, XBoneX) performance, etc? I've shied away due to those reported issues on last gen consoles...Heck, I don't even know if the last gen issues are just for the initial consoles or the 4k enabled updated consoles.
Digital Foundry gives a very detailed answer to that question ...and the answer isn't good.

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

disarm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:30 am
Pyperkub wrote:Haven't read the entire thread, but does anyone have a say on last gen 4k console (PS4+, XBoneX) performance, etc? I've shied away due to those reported issues on last gen consoles...Heck, I don't even know if the last gen issues are just for the initial consoles or the 4k enabled updated consoles.
Digital Foundry gives a very detailed answer to that question ...and the answer isn't good.
From speaking with friends, the PC experience is far and away the best. As it should be. :)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

gbasden wrote:
disarm wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:30 am
From speaking with friends, the PC experience is far and away the best. As it should be. :)
Still working from home (living at work?) and can't bring myself to try to play games in the same chair /office /environment where I've been working all day.

Pandemic gaming has been 90%+ console from the couch so I can get away from work, as well as all the 2020-2021 ennui.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:37 pm Haven't read the entire thread, but does anyone have a say on last gen 4k console (PS4+, XBoneX) performance, etc? I've shied away due to those reported issues on last gen consoles, and in the released roadmap, I see zero mention of the last gen consoles save for some throwaway "bug fixes" comments. Heck, I don't even know if the last gen issues are just for the initial consoles or the 4k enabled updated consoles.

Help me OO, you're my only hope!
I've heard it fares somewhere between "atrocious" and "completely unplayable". I wouldn't even bother with it on a last gen console.

Pretty sure it's pulled from the PS store entirely, although I'm sure you could find a physical copy if you really felt like throwing $60 away. :)
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It was okay for me on the Xbox One X as long as I didn't pay attention to the lag in draw distance (stuff would suddenly pop out of nowhere that should have been there all along) and the last gen graphics (Witcher 3 looks better and it's how many years older?). I returned it after they started offering refunds and I pledged I'd get it on PC at some point.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Patch 1.1 is now out. It's 5.4 GB, for those that care.
Spoiler:
In this update we focused on various stability improvements, which you can find outlined in the patch notes below. We will continue this work in patch 1.2 and other upcoming updates. At the same time we will keep fixing the bugs you encounter and listening to your feedback on how to improve the overall game experience.

Stability

Various stability improvements including:

Memory usage improvements in various systems within the game: characters, interactions, navigation, in-game videos (news, tv, etc.), foliage, laser effects, minimap, devices, AI, street traffic, environmental damage system, GPU-related, and more.
Various crash fixes (related to, among others, loading saves, game opening/closing and Point of No Return).

Quests/Open World

Fixed an issue where calls from Delamain would end immediately and seem like they cannot be picked up in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where players would not receive calls from Delamain when approaching relevant vehicles in Epistrophy.
Fixed an issue where the objective could get stuck on "Answer the call from Mr. Hands" in M'ap Tann Pèlen.
Fixed an issue where Judy could teleport underground in Pyramid Song.
Fixed an issue where it would be impossible to talk to Zen Master in Poem of The Atoms.
Fixed an issue where Takemura wouldn't call in Down on the Street.
Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear in The Pickup.
Fixed an issue where it could be impossible to get out of the car in The Beast in Me: The Big Race.
Fixed an issue where players could stop receiving calls and messages after moving too far away from A Day In The Life area.
Fixed an issue where opening the package wouldn't update Space Oddity.
Retro-fixed the saves affected by a rare issue where speaking to Judy in Automatic Love would be impossible due to an invisible wall. The underlying issue is under investigation.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from collecting the reward in Gig: Freedom of the Press. The quest will auto-complete for those who could not collect the reward previously, and the reward will be provided automatically.
Fixed an issue where Delamain would remain silent throughout Epistrophy if the player initially refused to help him.

UI

Fixed an issue where prompt for exiting braindance could be missing.
Removed an invalid item from loot.

Visual

Fixed an issue where a grenade's trajectory could be displayed in photo mode.
Fixed particles' hue appearing pink when viewed close up.
Fixed cars spawning incorrectly in Reported Crime: Welcome to Night City.

Achievements

Fixed an issue where completing one of theassaults in progress in Santo Domingo would sometimes not contribute towards progression for The Jungle achievement, preventing its completion.

Miscellaneous

Addressed the issue responsible for saves getting oversized (related to the modifier indicating if the item is crafted), and trimmed the excess size from already existing saves (note: this won’t fix PC save files corrupted before 1.06 update).
Fixed an issue where input could stop registering upon opening the weapon wheel and performing an action.
Fixed an issue where the "Continue" button in the Main Menu could load an end game save.

PlayStation-specific

Performance optimization of crowds on PlayStation 4 Pro and PlayStation 5.
Various crash fixes on PlayStation 4.

Xbox-specific

Improved memory usage for character creation, mirrors, scanning, camera remote control, menus (inventory, map) on Xbox One, Xbox One X and Xbox One S.

PC-specific

It will now be possible to obtain achievements while in Steam offline mode. Note: Offline mode needs to be enabled before starting the game. This change does not work retroactively.
Addressed the game startup crashes related to loading cache on NVIDIA graphics cards.

Stadia-specific

Concert audio should no longer be inaudible in Never Fade Away.
Fixed corrupted textures on several melee weapons.
Tweaked default deadzone settings to be more responsive. Note: the change will not affect settings unless they’re set to default.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Playing on the PS5 wasn't terrible for me, but I had enough crashes to make it annoying enough to shelve until a big patch. I'm almost tempted to jump back in with this 1.1 patch, but since 1.2 is supposed to be not that far away and be "a larger, more significant update", I think I'll wait just one more patch.
naednek

Post by naednek »

So I'm stuck in a game killing bug. I can't progress the main story. The mission is "Down on the street" I'm supposed to wait for Takemara to call me. He does, it prompts me to answer and before I get the chance, his face comes on screen and just stays there staring at me. I can't call, I can't do other quests nothing.

I've tried various saves, and it all leads to the same thing. I've tried skipping time, nothing.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, apparently it's a thing. That really sucks.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smoove_B wrote:Yeah, apparently it's a thing. That really sucks.
Ya, gonna have to wait. I'll just go play madden and assassin creed on the ps5

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

On my second playthrough, I cleared all the available missions and encounters before taking the meeting with Dex, so I was level 14 with street cred 33. No that I'm through to the other side of the heist, I'm going back to slow-rolling the main story line and going back to do doing gigs and clearing encounters, so hopefully that will put off that particular mission bug until they patch it out.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

naednek wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:23 am So I'm stuck in a game killing bug. I can't progress the main story. The mission is "Down on the street" I'm supposed to wait for Takemara to call me. He does, it prompts me to answer and before I get the chance, his face comes on screen and just stays there staring at me. I can't call, I can't do other quests nothing.

I've tried various saves, and it all leads to the same thing. I've tried skipping time, nothing.

1 Load a gamesave before Takemura and V leave Wakako's office.
2 Finish the conversation with Takemura outside the office right away
3 Right after the finished conversation and when the quest was updated, skip 23h.
4 See if the holocall triggers and the dialogue with Takemura starts
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

naednek wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:04 am
A bunch of the ability perks are still completely broken in this patch as well. Ah well, here's hoping v1.2 brings something good, but honestly it's looking more and more likely I'll just wait until the eventual upgrade for next-gen consoles before trying again.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

wonderpug wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:30 pmA bunch of the ability perks are still completely broken in this patch as well.
I've lost track of the perks I've taken that don't seem to have any actual effect, or are so subtle you have to study the maths of a month-long statistical analysis to know it's working.
Black Lives Matter

naednek

Post by naednek »

naednek wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:04 am

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
and patched
https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunks-game ... 1f0Myxo2y4
naednek

Post by naednek »

First image of the source code leak.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

gbasden

Post by gbasden »

So, I finally ended up finishing the game.
Spoiler:
I decided to say goodbye to Judy and then let Rogue take the wheel and invade the tower with Rogue. V wasn't back to go back to her body, and so Johnny went back. The ending was very bittersweet.
I still think this game is an absolute masterpiece of storytelling. Yes, it definitely has it's jankyness, but dear god the quests are amazing.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks to Blues...more update news...with vids.

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/220295/cybe ... atch-plans