Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Post by Max Peck »

Obligatory Steam link:

Gameplay Calibrations
Ever since we announced Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition on N7 Day and revealed a first look at it earlier this year, your passion and excitement have blown us away. Today, we’d like to give you more details on what you can expect to see in this remaster. You’ll find the latest information on the Legendary Edition, from gameplay tuning to rebalancing and more. Next week, we’ll provide an additional look at the remastering process with a strong focus on the visual changes across the trilogy.

Let’s get into it. Here’s what this post contains, in order:
  • Combat Tuning (Mass Effect)
  • Additional Gameplay Improvements (All)
  • The Mako (Mass Effect)
  • Unifying & Modernizing the Trilogy (All)
  • Galaxy at War Rebalancing (Mass Effect 3)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor
jztemple2

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, where do I sign up? :D

I like the detailed descriptions on the linked page. The only bad part is that MELE (ha!) releases on the same day as Subnautica: Below Zero :grund:
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

The XP Penalty while in the Mako has been removed
I remember becoming aware of this at some point (it was something like you get 1/3 of the XP you normally would), and my borderline OCD would simply not let me get a kill with the Mako unless I was already at the level cap. Random crowd of pirates? Dismount and fight on foot. Rocket-launcher turret cluster? Whittle them down to a couple of health pixels then dismount and fight on foot. Thresher maw? You bet your ass Shepard's whittling it down to a couple of pixels on that health bar then getting out of that APC and finishing it on foot.

I did my last "all three games" playthrough pretty recently, so it's going to be a while before I'm ready to go back there, though.
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:54 pm I did my last "all three games" playthrough pretty recently, so it's going to be a while before I'm ready to go back there, though.
I wanted to start a playthrough of all three last year, right about the time this Legendary Edition was announced. Almost went ahead anyway, but am really glad I waited, now that I'm seeing the list of improvements.
For those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Black lives matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I plan a replay for the 5th or 6th time when I can get all dlc for all games. I still lack a few. This remaster legendary thing doesn't have all the dlc. I also dont like the fog and particles it adds and the lighting.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
---------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm I plan a replay for the 5th or 6th time when I can get all dlc for all games. I still lack a few. This remaster legendary thing doesn't have all the dlc. I also dont like the fog and particles it adds and the lighting.
It has everything except the ME3 multiplayer, because nobody is likely to play it, and the Pinnacle Station DLC because the source code was lost, but it was an absolutely awful DLC with nothing but holographic 'training' scenarios that everybody hated. It was just an arena mode.

In other words, no it doesn't have everything, but you aren't missing much. It's missing multiplayer and one awful (like 40/100 rating on Metacritic) DLC. And it still likely costs way less than buying all the DLC the way you're talking about.

Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

IIRC, the multiplayer component was dropped from MELE because it would too costly in terms of development resources (and would require ongoing post-launch support). So far as I know the original ME3 still has operational multiplayer, so if someone really wants to play it they can, if they have a copy of the original game.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.
-- The Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The DLC packs for 2 & 3 go on sale all the time for about $10 each. Dont need any for 1 as I own that or its free as I recall. Doubt the Legendary is $20 or so. And I dont like its graphics. Same with almost all redo games. In fact I think the only redo I did like were the Metro games.

EDIT: In fact they are on sale at Origin right now for $10 and $12. If my stimulus comes tomorrow Ill buy them.
https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-di ... -wife-died ....Help for me to take care of stuff . Wife died Jan 3 2019 after 31 years. My soulmate.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm I plan a replay for the 5th or 6th time when I can get all dlc for all games. I still lack a few. This remaster legendary thing doesn't have all the dlc. I also dont like the fog and particles it adds and the lighting.
As noted it has EVERY DLC except for Pinnacle Station, which is probably the worst of the DLC and rather forgettable. You should be the Legendary edition and not lose any sleep over it.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Although, to be fair, there's something to be said for "bug-eye Shepard" - when I imported my dude from ME1 to ME2 the first time around, the guy's eyelids were missing in every cutscene. Not to mention his skin color changed from light brown to pastel white. The Invisible Man's guys were all so busy asking if they'd preserved the essence of what makes Shepard Shepard that they forgot to check some basic details. I'm just glad they kept him as a dude.

Just, get the legendary edition dude. It's worth it just for the Mako revamp, improved loading times and ME1 sprinting.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nothing wrong with the original MAKO. Ive enjoyed it at least 4 play throughs. I like to jump and thruster over long distances to save time and get to places. Its ME2's mining Im sick of. Need a mod to remove it. May use the infinite resources mod next go.
GroovAtroN, stop asking
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Visual Improvements
Within this blog, we’ll give you an in-depth look at our remastering process with a specific focus on key changes and improvements made to the visuals. Here’s what's included:
  • Building the Foundation
  • Modernization Efforts
  • Rebuilding Worlds
For those interested in the technical aspects of game development, it’s probably no surprise to hear that changing almost any asset or system can (and will) break something else. When a game is in its final state, it generally resembles a house of cards. The simple process of blowing the dust off, let alone implementing foundational changes like updating the version of the engine, will undoubtedly cause unexpected issues. Remastering a single game is a deceivingly complex process, so creating a proper plan for how best to mitigate risk while reopening three games to full development was foremost on our minds.
-- The Doctor