Moved linux distros this morning

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Moved linux distros this morning

Post by FishPants »

Centos 8 which we were running was being manhandled by Redhat at the end of the year -- basically moving it to Centos 8 stream which meant that it was their beta release (Stream gets updates as they happen, to test, and then it would be applied down stream to paying redhat customers). That shit doesn't fly, and you know being a guinea pig is going to go bad at some point, so I've moved this box over to Rocky Linux (a fork of Centos and maintained by a team led by the originator of Centos).

It went well it would appear, but report any weird shit here. I'm sure something will pop up that I didn't notice.
No.
Kraken

Re: Moved linux distros this morning

Post by Kraken »

I was just thinking that was overdue. :wink:
Sudy

Re: Moved linux distros this morning

Post by Sudy »

Toddathan Hurlitz, author of the acclaimed Benobulent Linux: More Than a Philosophy web series, moves his Linux distros semi bi-annually. He's pretty much the reigning expert on this stuff since linuxtipsnluridgangbangs.fi shut down in 2017. I'm earnestly surprised FishPants acts differently. Must be some kind of legacy SOP.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg