Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Brian

Re: Random randomness

Post by Brian »

1000!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty cheap of me on the last three posts but I wanted to be the top of the 1000th page in a thread I created.

My question is, do I close this thread and let somebody else take over or keep this train a-rollin'?
Last edited by Brian on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

/waits for Brian to delete double post...

Too late.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So what ever did happened when you washed your entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Congrats Brian. I posted a little to try but didn't cheat like some :) But if Id gotten it my name is Brian so it woulda counted. :)

Anyways I wanted to touch on my post. I dont think Im wording my troubles correctly or its not read the same as I type it. Ill try again but dont know if it will change.

Im gonna spoiler my big post so its easy to skip and to keep net bots from simply grabbing personal tidbits like my income listed in it.
Spoiler:
I both relish not going to town and hate it sometimes too. I dont want to be among Covid folk and I know no one any longer to go see. But I do get bored at home and feel a respite by getting out when my check comes on the 3rd and my EBT refills on the 11th.

I work around the home do yard work and rearranging the inside and storing some stuff away like some of my wife's stuff. I do stuff. I love the PC as I have fun with it. But I have no one but my dog to talk to. I usually like that but again I do tire of it. Worst is I have no one to call upon for help or advice with all matters Ive never done before. Stuff like financials, insurance speak, legal....stuff Ive never even seen before. Im left looking online to try and learn myself. But I figure I have you guys too. You all have diverse fields of knowledge I dont. I ask stuff on here because of that. Personal sometimes.

I also use OO as my chat or vent outlet. I can post my feelings or how my day is and hope to not get called out somehow for it. I know everyone has problems and Im far from alone and not the worst off. Its also nice its that way on OO as others can advise or reflect with me. I know Im not the only one with money troubles and I do post about it. But this is a 2nd home so ya I talk here. No one else to talk to.

Its one thing to have even a little money and want to get out or to have to get out. Its security to me. It feels better. Its a total other thing to mostly never have spare money after bills and buying the few little things Ive marked down that I can get. With no money at all it makes wanting to get out or having to get out a ZERO prospect. If there is something that HAS to be paid for it gets lost or backed up or borrowed for. Then Im behind again next month already. I mark stuff to get months in advance. I dont get ahead.

My home payment is the one HUGE ass thing dragging me down. Its the same amount each month its been even before my wife passed. But now its just me paying it . I draw less than $1000 a month and my home payment is $450 a month. I then pay for home insurance, car insurance, power, internet and stuff like gas, towels, toilet paper, things you cant get with EBT.

I could never talk about anything before my wife passed. She wouldn't allow that stuff out. She was very private and Im guessing embarrassed. Im embarrassed too but I feel like venting and talking with you guys is the best thing for me to both feel better and to learn stuff. Otherwise I depend on my dog who I talk to all the time to help out and he sucks at advice unless its food related. :)

You guys have helped me tremendously with everything I could think of. Some minor some major. It was you on OO who gave my wife one of her last smiles. I wont forget that. Without you I woulda lost more than I could say. So Im here because its family. Not simply to get an answer to boredom or loneliness or cabin fever. Sometimes I just want to talk and get feelings and thoughts out. Thanks all.

I just wish life was different than its has become. Not a town going friend visiting life. Sometimes even Im not sure whats wrong.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Unagi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:19 pm So what ever did happened when you washed your entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?
You're supposed to go to the YMCA and wash your car in the bathroom.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:41 pm
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:45 am The only thing left to look forward to this month is buying food on Monday. After that Im stuck home the rest of the month. Hows that for a full month?
As Blackhawk aptly responded to you earlier in this thread:
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:46 pm I've been in that same spot, after my divorce. I realized something: My world shrank, but I could choose to expand it again.
You're free to choose not to live that way. But if you choose to live out the rest of your days as a reclusive hermit, then realistically, that's only to be expected.
Zero money would make that tough even if I desired to be in town. EBT refills Monday is why Im going out. After that I have $20 which Im hoping to have for some game that may go on sale Ive wanted years. Sales usually happen at the end of the month and my bank account usually read 73 cents or so after the 2nd week of the month. I do rearrange some now and store some stuff away. But going out among Covid people is not for me anyways. I enjoy getting out after a point. Its nice to have gas and drive around. But safer at home and cheaper.

On the plus side I barely eat so have lost 25 lbs . Not a lot to go.
As Blackhawk observed above, there are numerous ways in which to expand your horizons without necessarily spending a penny. Take a free online class in a subject that interests you. Visit your local library, check out some books, and find out what kind of free services and content they provide online. Look into suitable volunteer opportunities in your area. Volunteering connects you to others, and allows you to connect to your community and help make it a better place. Even helping out with the smallest tasks can make a real difference to the lives of people, animals, and organizations in need. Which in turn means volunteering can also provide you with a vital sense of dignity and healthy self-respect, and opportunities more deserving of anticipation than merely shopping for groceries.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Brian wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:57 pm 1000!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty cheap of me on the last three posts but I wanted to be the top of the 1000th page in a thread I created.

My question is, do I close this thread and let somebody else take over or keep this train a-rollin'?
Padder.
Hodor.
Brian

Post by Brian »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:10 pm

Padder.
Undoubtedly.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We had a K-9 police dog shot 3 times the other week. His name is Joker. He was critical for a week and got better finally. He walked out of the surgery vet 2 days ago. He is still recovering as the bastards hit him in the jaw with one shot shattering his lower jaw. He looks to be missing part of it now and being fed with a tube. They hope to reconstruct his jaw when he is stronger in a few weeks. If they cant I dont know what will happen. But he did walk out on his on.

The shits that shot him were 3 juveniles fleeing from police after stealing a car. Trash. They are arrested now under felonies. Lawmakers are trying to enact new harsher laws from harming a K-9 officer. They should get the same protection as human officers. These shits face a year in jail right now. Later they could face more than 3 years.

Personally I dont think dogs should be used in attack roles. Sniffing drugs and stuff fine but not in dangerous places. A human can make a choice and be in those situations. A dog is only doing what a human has trained him for. They may get some fun from it at times and enjoy it but they can't make that decision and are only pleasing their master. They have no idea why they've been shot or stabbed. No idea why they are hurt and in pain. Many never get to ride home. And I dont think its right.

K9 Joker discharged from Chattanooga animal hospital Tuesday Theres a video of him leaving the vet in that link.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Post by Default »

You were on it like shit in a box!
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was flipping around my 3 channels and saw a football was on. My goodness the Seahawks are lime neon green. Ive never seen a uniform like that.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Second day of our trip to Oklahoma. We're in Alabama, traveled from Dothan to Birmingham. Unlike yesterday which was purely a travel day, we hit several attractions....

Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum - actually the indoor museum was closed, but all the outdoor stuff was available to see.

Barber Motorsport Museum - probably the most awesome motorcycle museum in the world. Nope, no probably about it :D

Jim Reed Books / The Museum of Fond Memories - real old school used book store, just packed floor to ceiling with old books. Heaven for me :wink:

Vulcan Park and Museum - statue of Vulcan on a tall tower, interesting museum to go with it. In the middle of a nice park.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:02 pm The shits that shot him were 3 juveniles fleeing from police after stealing a car. Trash. They are arrested now under felonies. Lawmakers are trying to enact new harsher laws from harming a K-9 officer. They should get the same protection as human officers. These shits face a year in jail right now. Later they could face more than 3 years.
We had a high-profile K-9 death a few months ago. Some scumbag assaulted a woman and fled into nearby woods. The dog was shot dead while tracking him, and his handler was hit too. Cops killed the kid on the spot. The dog got a full police funeral and has since been deified. Schoolkids raised money for a statue of him. IDK what the law says about its status, but that dog got full human honors and will long be remembered. He was 11 years old and near retirement.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Have movie aliens just evolved past the need for clothes? :think:
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think that Twitch leak was password included. Ive had a person in egypt log into my Gaijin account and now someone in new york logged into my ebay one. I wish people like that would rot while alive.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Unagi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:19 pm So what ever did happened when you washed your entire car using the window washing fluid and sponge/squeegee tool at the gas station?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Watched the last minute of that football game. Seahawks were too far behind to tie or win and Im bitching at the screen "Take a knee you ass!" Someone could be hurt on the last play just be a sportsman and take a knee. No they run a play and it looked like someone did get a bit roughed up. Gah.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Saw the bears out in the back yard again. Mom and cub. It must have pissed mom off because she popped him one. Then one of the terrifying Yorkies came out and the they both climbed the fence and ran away.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Someone stole one of my wiper blades and replaced it with a broke POC. Who does that?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Garrett?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

one of the area homeless people pooped on the patio at the place of work. working on making that sentence a full alliteration. a destitute derelict drifter defecated on the deck of the daily grind.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Got home, put away the loot, took off the bear suit, and took a shower.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I'm gonna turn you in for child endangerment.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Holman

Post by Holman »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:02 pm Saw the bears out in the back yard again. Mom and cub. It must have pissed mom off because she popped him one. Then one of the terrifying Yorkies came out and the they both climbed the fence and ran away.
Wait. Your Yorkie scared some bears away?

If you didn't film it, you missed a chance to become a viral legend.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:58 pm Someone stole one of my wiper blades and replaced it with a broke POC. Who does that?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got an email supposedly from Steam about changing my password request...which Ive not made. Worried me as Ive had 2 accounts logged into since that last break on the net. I looked at it real close and dang they are good as the addys all looked right . The thing that gives it away is in the email the thing they say they lack to be able to reset it is the credit card number, last 4 digits of something and some other crap..lol. Man they are serious about password resets :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:32 pm The thing that gives it away is in the email the thing they say they lack to be able to reset it is the credit card number, last 4 digits of something and some other crap..lol. Man they are serious about password resets :)
That is, in fact, what Steam requires. That still doesn't mean the email is from Steam, as I don't think they ask for that until you go in and open a ticket requesting a reset yourself, and then it will be handled directly on the Steam site, not via email.

Reference: Reset a Steam account three days ago.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I was looking at Amazon for a beard trimmer for men. Oddly there was no listing for beard trimmer for women.
That leaves out dwarves.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Man plunges nine stories from NJ high-rise, lands on BMW — and survives
A man plunged nine stories from a high-rise in Jersey City, New Jersey, landed on a BMW — and miraculously survived, according to officials and a witness.

The 31-year-old crashed through the roof of the black Beemer 330i parked below 26 Journal Square at 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, then stood up with his right arm dangling at his side and asked, “What happened?” onlooker Christina Smith, 21, told The Post.
Warning video is right after with him on ground and his arm is UGH.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Came across the succubus quest video from Witcher 3 and Im thinking../....depending on how the succubus is depicted ....in how high the furry part goes...wouldn't it be like humping a goat while your girlfriend watches? Or perhaps just loving a hot girl with super hairy legs....and painful hooves.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I checked my Steam login history all the way to July this year. Just me. So Im not sure how someone could request a password change unless it was me. More proof it was phishing.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

We’re slowly making our way through some of the Marvel movies with the kids. Watched both of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies yesterday. They’re the rare movies that actually get better each time I watch them, even if some of the humor goes over the kid’s heads (they had no idea who Hasslehoff was, for example).

One random observation I had though. With all the amazing music in those films, how on earth did they miss the most blatantly obvious song to include: Bowie’s “Starman”?? That seems like a no-brainer.

We’re sticking with the main Avengers movies, Winter Soldier, Civil War, GotG, Black Panther, and maybe Ragnarok and Vaptain Marvel (all the others were meh).
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Having just watched all the Marvel movies from the last ~5 years, I think you're likely skipping a big element by not including Ant Man. I know opinions vary, but I really liked the original and even the sequel. He's a little goofy so your kids might actually enjoy his antics. :wink:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:48 am Having just watched all the Marvel movies from the last ~5 years, I think you're likely skipping a big element by not including Ant Man. I know opinions vary, but I really liked the original and even the sequel. He's a little goofy so your kids might actually enjoy his antics. :wink:
My only problem with Ant Man is when they shrink down to subatomic levels. Aren't they made of atoms?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:43 pm
Smoove_B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:48 am Having just watched all the Marvel movies from the last ~5 years, I think you're likely skipping a big element by not including Ant Man. I know opinions vary, but I really liked the original and even the sequel. He's a little goofy so your kids might actually enjoy his antics. :wink:
My only problem with Ant Man is when they shrink down to subatomic levels. Aren't they made of atoms?
Pym particles.

It's a universe with an immortal god (alien) standing next to a guy that can fly into a solid object at hundreds of miles an hour in his armor without his organs turning to goo (kinetic gel), standing next to a guy that can spontaneously increase his mass times ten (gamma radiation), standing next to a witch (magic), standing next to a sentient god-like machine (science.) Every single character breaks the laws of nature, and every one of them has a technobabble 'thing' that allows them to hand wave that away.

So, yeah. Pym particles.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I thought Ant Man was the worst of the Marvel movies, by quite a wide margin. Have zero desire to watch that one again, but will see if they are interested
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Worse than Iron Man 3? Worse than Thor 2? You have some weird lines. :D
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Jaymann wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:43 pm
Pym particles aside, the technology would simply need to shrink the atoms themselves.

Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:23 pm Worse than Iron Man 3? Worse than Thor 2? You have some weird lines. :D
Maybe I do need to watch it again. :lol: I remember watching it on a flight, and thinking it was a complete waste of two hours. Sometimes happens when I’m not in the right mood

Come to think of it, I actually don’t think I’ve seen Iron Man 3. I didn’t like the first two, so I never bothered with the third.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone gotten the chance to try that limited time Dr Pepper Chocolate flavor you can only get through their rewards program I hear?

https://guiltyeats.com/2021/08/15/dr-pe ... per-perks/

Enlarge Image