Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via MegaMek XII

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:04 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:01 am Also from 3021, can I hit the Loki in 2731, or is the hill in 2730 blocking LOS?
I think the answer is yes. From what I posted above (tucked in the middle there):
Mech standing directly behind partial cover (level 1 hill, level 1 building) from attacker on the same level: +1, leg hits negated
There may be a negative for the elevation change, but there is only one level of elevation between you. So you should be able to hit, but any leg hits will not get counted. That's my read, anyway.
Yeah the level 1 hill doesn't impede anything, but if the 2730 level 2 hill is in the way then it would. But my view of it is that it probably doesn't.

Marauder to 3021, or 3022 if necessary to hit the Loki. Shoot at the 2731 Loki.
Kurita Awesome to 2814, and shoot at Man O War.
'splodify the Marauder decoy.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The highlighting in the images gets me again. When it's highlighting an area for the selected mech, the woods become very faint. I didn't even notice them. Whoopsie!

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am I didn’t know my Warhammer decoy was still around! It looks banged up but does it have any ordinance left? And can it move into the water with the intent of either eventually engaging a mech west of the river or drawing fire to attract attention away from TheMix?
Nope, no guns left. It's currently "crippled" and being ignored by the clanners. And in order to operate it, you'll need to get one of the other Kurita guys to move it, which is probably not happening. But if you want, you can take control of one of the other Kurita units (Thunderbolt, Wolverine, Shadow Hawk, Wolf Trap, Marauder) starting next turn.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:15 am The Vulture LRMs have the same range brackets as regular LRMs (7/14/21) but no minimum range. Their large pulse lasers are 6/14/20 while their medium pulse lasers are 4/8/12.
So, basically, they can hit me anywhere. My best bet then is to jump and land in heavy woods? That would give me the best modifiers (2+2?), right?

If I jump to to 2116, for example, the Vulture at 1212 would have no LOS, but the one on the hill would still be able to attack, just with the +4?

It would position me to be able to jump back to "our" side of the river next turn.

I'm open to advice, but right now it seems like the wiser move is to pull back instead of extending myself further. Even if it means I forego an attack. We need numbers and a united front. So we need to get the front lines and the back lines closer together. No?

Also, damn. The ranges on those large pulse lasers really means they aren't ever leaving those hills. :(

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:15 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:01 am Also from 3021, can I hit the Loki in 2731, or is the hill in 2730 blocking LOS?
I think the answer is yes. From what I posted above (tucked in the middle there):
Mech standing directly behind partial cover (level 1 hill, level 1 building) from attacker on the same level: +1, leg hits negated
There may be a negative for the elevation change, but there is only one level of elevation between you. So you should be able to hit, but any leg hits will not get counted. That's my read, anyway.
Yeah the level 1 hill doesn't impede anything, but if the 2730 level 2 hill is in the way then it would. But my view of it is that it probably doesn't.

Far as I recall, we ignore our allies when it comes to shooting through (don't we?). You could go to 3123 with 6 moves exactly (back, turn left x2, forward x2, turn right), and avoid all the woods between you and the Loki.

Unless there are risks in shooting on the same lane?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:26 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:15 am

Far as I recall, we ignore our allies when it comes to shooting through (don't we?). You could go to 3123 and avoid all the woods between you and the Loki.

Unless there are risks in shooting on the same lane?
I don't think I have enough movement to get to 3123, since I'm at -1 movement due to heat.
Black Lives Matter.
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Damn, didn't see the heat penalty.
TheMix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am
NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:15 am The Vulture LRMs have the same range brackets as regular LRMs (7/14/21) but no minimum range. Their large pulse lasers are 6/14/20 while their medium pulse lasers are 4/8/12.
So, basically, they can hit me anywhere. My best bet then is to jump and land in heavy woods? That would give me the best modifiers (2+2?), right?

If I jump to to 2116, for example, the Vulture at 1212 would have no LOS, but the one on the hill would still be able to attack, just with the +4?

It would position me to be able to jump back to "our" side of the river next turn.

I'm open to advice, but right now it seems like the wiser move is to pull back instead of extending myself further. Even if it means I forego an attack. We need numbers and a united front. So we need to get the front lines and the back lines closer together. No?

Also, damn. The ranges on those large pulse lasers really means they aren't ever leaving those hills. :(
You still need to move a number of squares for the jump to give you maximum to-hit mod.

What about 2414 and indirect firing your LRMs at the 1509 Mad Cat, using the Kurita Wolvie or Wolf Trap as a spotter?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I did miss the woods between me and the Loki, though, since they're partially obscured by the way those tiles are highlighted. So I'll amend my move to say that if there's a square that I can get to that minimizes the forest to hit penalty for shooting at the Loki, I'll do that as long as I'm not exposed to fire from the north.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:35 am Damn, didn't see the heat penalty.

You still need to move a number of squares for the jump to give you maximum to-hit mod.

What about 2414 and indirect firing your LRMs at the 1509 Mad Cat, using the Kurita Wolvie or Wolf Trap as a spotter?
From the notes, the maximum is the same as the minimum, +1. No? So as long as I jump at least one hex, I get the modifier.

Does jumping discount the additional costs of terrain? i.e. if I jump, I can move 4, regardless of what's in my landing area (so I don't need 5 move to land in woods)?

I'm not versed in indirect fire. If I can do that, I'm all for it. If I can at least get out of medium range for the lasers, it might make them have to move more into the open. Also, by pulling back, I can possibly help focus on the ones that are in the middle. And if we can take those, maybe we can start pushing as a group.

Black Lives Matter

moleymoleymoley

Post by moleymoleymoley »

That Loki pilot has a tremendous name :D
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, jumping is just 1 MP 1 hex, which is why it's so good.
Black Lives Matter
moleymoleymoley

It's foolhardy but I'm tempted to chase the mad cat, to fire into its rear arc, and expose myself to a salvo from the Loki in the process. I don't think there will be another opportunity to exploit the damage I've already done to its rear.
moleymoleymoley

jump to 2233 facing north and fire everything at the mad cat

Will it's legs be protected by the hill?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

TheMix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:35 am Damn, didn't see the heat penalty.

From the notes, the maximum is the same as the minimum, +1. No? So as long as I jump at least one hex, I get the modifier.
No. For enemies shooting at you, their to hit penalty is based on the number of hexes that you moved (regardless of how you moved). I believe it's a -1 penalty for every two hexes starting with the third hex moved.

When you jump you also get a to hit penalty. That penalty is the same regardless of the number of hexes that you move.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

moleymoleymoley wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 am It's foolhardy but I'm tempted to chase the mad cat, to fire into its rear arc, and expose myself to a salvo from the Loki in the process. I don't think there will be another opportunity to exploit the damage I've already done to its rear.
You might not be too bad off. Definitely safer than what I did. The Loki will be a concern, but if you can get turned enough that it's not a direct shot to the back, you may come out okay. The Loki may end up being too pre-occupied with the threats to the east to maximize.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:25 am
TheMix wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:48 am

No. For enemies shooting at you, their to hit penalty is based on the number of hexes that you moved (regardless of how you moved). I believe it's a -1 penalty for every two hexes starting with the third hex moved.

When you jump you also get a to hit penalty. That penalty is the same regardless of the number of hexes that you move.
Right. Regardless of how many squares. I was responding to "You still need to move a number of squares for the jump to give you maximum to-hit mod." As long as I jump at least one square, I get the modifier. Though apparently the modifier would just have been 2+1 since I was only looking at jumping one hex into heavy woods.

But that's become moot since I'm not leaning towards jumping back across the river.

Black Lives Matter

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:17 am
$iljanus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:11 am I didn’t know my Warhammer decoy was still around! It looks banged up but does it have any ordinance left? And can it move into the water with the intent of either eventually engaging a mech west of the river or drawing fire to attract attention away from TheMix?
Nope, no guns left. It's currently "crippled" and being ignored by the clanners. And in order to operate it, you'll need to get one of the other Kurita guys to move it, which is probably not happening. But if you want, you can take control of one of the other Kurita units (Thunderbolt, Wolverine, Shadow Hawk, Wolf Trap, Marauder) starting next turn.
Ahh good point! I guess my guy was able to punch out okay but it’s a little much to ask him to take control of the drone while trying not to get stepped on or fried by a stray energy weapon :lol:

I might take you up on controlling another Kurita mech next turn.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

moleymoleymoley wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am jump to 2233 facing north and fire everything at the mad cat

Nope. You're gonna heat up quite a bit, though and those LRMs don't have too good odds.

---

What I've got so far, just waiting on Isgrimnur:

El Guapo: Detonate decoy, Marauder to 3021/3022, @Loki 2731, avoid LOS from north; Awesome to 2814 @Man-O-War
WestOrEast: Phoenix Hawk pursue @Man O' War; Hatamoto-Hi west @Loki
Siljanus: Mackie 2824 @Ryoken 1730
TheMix: Kurita Crusader @Ryoken 3404 maximize hit odds
Leraje: BK to 3929NW, ERLL @Loki 2731 or Manowar 2812; Orion to 3002 @Ryoken 3404
TotallyNotEvil: Lich to 3427, ERML @Loki 2731; Archer LRMx1 @Man-O-War
Moley: T-Bolt to 2233 N and fire @ mad cat
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Crusader "THEMIX" > jump to 2414; indirect LRM at best target (Mad Cat 1509?)

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I just noticed that TotallyNotEvil is piloting a Lich. He's definitely 100% evil.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:36 pm I just noticed that TotallyNotEvil is piloting a Lich. He's definitely 100% evil.
:lol:

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:30 pm
moleymoleymoley wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am jump to 2233 facing north and fire everything at the mad cat

Nope. You're gonna heat up quite a bit, though and those LRMs don't have too good odds.

---

El Guapo: Detonate decoy, Marauder to 3021/3022, @Loki 2731, avoid LOS from north; Awesome to 2814 @Man-O-War
Leraje: BK to 3929NW, ERLL @Loki 2731 or Manowar 2812; Orion to 3002 @Ryoken 3404
Wait, aren't we missing Stephan?

Also, I still have like a dozen shots of LRM, so I will toss it against the Loki alonside the ERMLs. Better make sure it's dead.
moleymoleymoley

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:30 pm

---

Ah ok, leave the LRMs out then
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TotallyNotEvil wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 pm Wait, aren't we missing Stephan?
He's been AFK for a while, so I've been driving his mech and piling on to other people's targets.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

In case it isn't clear, I won't be the least bit offended if the all seeing game master overrules a stupid action. :D

Black Lives Matter

TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:59 pm
TotallyNotEvil wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:49 pm Wait, aren't we missing Stephan?
He's been AFK for a while, so I've been driving his mech and piling on to other people's targets.
He's on a Trebuchet, so maybe he should fall back, get within 7-8 on the rear arc of the Loki then. Looking now, he is hella fast at 6/9.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Moley's Thunderbolt beeps a lot as the mechwarrior jumps south and fires the Thunderbolt's lasers at the back of the retreating Mad Cat. A pair of lasers land, including one on the rear left torso of the mech, but no critical damage results. Return fire from the Ryoken to the northwest is not very effective either.

Isgrimnur jumps west to get the drop on the Nobori-Nin, as his decoy finally overcomes the severe battle damage and blows up, sending debris across the nearby Elemental squad that briefly squats down to fire SRMs at Siljanus' mech. Our mechwarrior is so enthralled watching the fireworks that he forgets to aim his SRMs or PPC properly, missing every shot. Either that or the vibration from getting pinged by an LBX autocannon slug and several laser pulses. To our mechwarriors dismay, a squad of battle armor troopers hops off the Black Hawk as it zips in, using the smoke from the fire it created to provide more visual protection for itself.

Siljanus' aim is shaken slightly but he still lands two PPC shots and a gauss slug on the target Ryoken, the gauss slug glancing at an awkward angle off the head.

WestOrEast joins in the party against the Loki, blasting a chunk off its left torso with a PPC shot. Stefan is unable to connect with the Trebuchet's LRMs or lasers as the clan mech tries to escape, but Lich glances some laser fire off the back of it, including all fifteen LRMs that he adds as an afterthought. Leraje fires his lasers at the escaping mech as well, sawing off its right arm, though not before Stefan takes a major center torso hit, losing almost all the armor there.

The long-suffering Man-O'-War loses its right torso to the Kurita Awesome's PPCs, staggering a little bit before returning fire with its SRM rack, a few lucky missiles blowing out two actuators in the Awesome's right arm, effectively putting that PPC out of action. As the mechwarrior is occupied, the Phoenix Hawk lands to the north of the assault mech (and also on the "wrong" side of the nearby Thor) firing lasers (and machineguns but those shots don't hit anything). One of the lasers clips the XL engine and the 80-ton mech shuts down, tumbling to the ground.

"Ha! What do we pay these mercs for?!" The mechwarrior comments.

The Thor itself engages the nearby Shadow Hawk with the PPC, stripping some armor off.

To the north, the Orion and Crusader engage the moving Ryoken, scoring multiple SRM hits on its back, but the medium mech proves elusive otherwise. Partially because the Daishi's mechwarrior finally figures out how to target a moving mech and delivers several hits to the Orion with lasers and autocannons. The Ryoken fires back at the Crusader, scoring a couple of laser hits on the heavy mech's left arm.

Meanwhile, the Kurita Marauder takes a beating, losing its right arm and its autocannon as well to fire from the Mad Cat and nearby elementals, having to drop to a knee.

TheMix takes a couple of pulse laser hits from the hill-top vulture, but the Crusader's armor holds up for now.

The less said about the physical attacks, the better.

Current battlefield state:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Raw heat/firing/"physical" data:
Spoiler:
Initiative Phase for Round #7
-------------------
1st Octopus Overlords rolls a 9[5+4] / 8[4+4].
Clan Smoke Jaguar rolls a 9[9+0] / 7[7+0].

Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) passes through a fire. It will generate 2 more heat this round.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------
     LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:192 (1st Octopus Overlords) Checking for self destruct on 4, roll is 9: EXPLODES!
        Start Secondary Damage Report.
         >LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:192 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:192 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
    Needs 3 [4 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 5 : succeeds.
            The pilot ejects safely!
*** LoaderMech ML-FLU ID:192 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        Fire at 2622 was started due to an engine explosion!
            Fire started in hex 2622.
        Hex 2623: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2624: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2323: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2322: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2921: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2525: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2324: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LL.
            21 Armor remaining.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RT.
            3 Armor remaining.

End Secondary Damage Report.
     LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) Checking for self destruct on 5, roll is 8: EXPLODES!
        Start Secondary Damage Report.
         >LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (landing in light woods).
    Needs 8 [5 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) + 2 (landing in light woods)], rolls 9 : succeeds.
            The pilot ejects safely!
*** LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        Fire at 2327 was started due to an engine explosion!
            Fire started in hex 2327.
        Hex 2427: terrain takes 4 damage.
        Hex 2325: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2425: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2528: terrain takes 2 damage.
        Hex 2224: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2324: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2525: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2627: terrain takes 1 damage.
        Hex 2129: terrain takes 1 damage.
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) is hit for 1 damage!
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:193 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to RL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 1 damage!
        Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to RA.
            10 Armor remaining.

Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 4 damage!
        Battle Armor hit by area-effect damage. Each trooper takes damage.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to Trooper 1.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to Trooper 2.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to Trooper 3.
            6 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 4 damage to Trooper 4.
            6 Armor remaining.

Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) is hit for 2 damage!
        Battle Armor hit by area-effect damage. Each trooper takes damage.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 1.
            8 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 2.
            8 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 3.
            8 Armor remaining.
        Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to Trooper 4.
            8 Armor remaining.

End Secondary Damage Report.

Weapons fire for Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 8 : 6 pellet(s) hit.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to HD.
            8 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Wirke Prodzinski" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Wirke Prodzinski" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 9 : successful!

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to RA.
            23 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            24 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to CT.
            35 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to RT.
            23 Armor remaining.

Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 1 damage to LT.
            13 Armor remaining.

LRM 10 at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     SRM 6 at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 11 [9 (SRM 6) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 8

SRM 6 at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 3 : possible fire.
        Needs 11 [9 (SRM 6) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 8

PPC at Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) LA
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) LTR
        Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to LTR.
            1 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER PPC at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Gauss Rifle at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Pulse Laser at Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 5 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits LL
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LL.
            15 Armor remaining.

PPC at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to RA.
            7 Armor remaining.

Gauss Rifle at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits HD
        Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 7 damage to HD.
            2 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Monika Grimstad" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) "Monika Grimstad" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 8 : successful!

Weapons fire for Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) LT
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LT.
            Armor destroyed.
             6 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 3; no effect.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 15 (Artemis-capable ammo) at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) CTR
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to CTR.
            5 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits (using Rear table) LL
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 3 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

LRM 15 at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 15 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to RTR.
            2 Armor remaining.

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (5+1) = 6; no effect.

Weapons fire for Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) LA
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LA.
        10 damage transfers to LT.
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to LT.
            0 Armor remaining.

PPC at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to RT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.
        9 damage transfers to CT.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 4; no effect.
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 9 damage to CT.
            9 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     AC/10 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

SRM 4 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 11 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ -4 malus).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RTR.
            7 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     PPC at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

AC/5 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 20 at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 7 : no fire..

Weapons fire for Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Large Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     SRM 6 at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 11 : 4 missile(s) hit (using Rear table).

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LTR.
            7 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RTR.
            5 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to LL.
            17 Armor remaining.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to RA.
            16 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

AC/5 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 6 damage to CT.
            17 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

AC/5 at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

SRM 2 at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -1 missile(s) hit (using Rear table) (w/ -4 malus).

Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 2 damage to CTR (critical).
            8 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     Medium Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses
        Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 2 : possible fire.
        Needs 11 [9 (Machine Gun) + 2 (accidental)] to ignite, rolls 6

Medium Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits LA
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LA.
        5 damage transfers to LT.
        Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 5 damage to LT.
             12 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
*** Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) DESTROYED by engine destruction! ***
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.

Machine Gun at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     LRM 10 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 12, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

Medium Laser at Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords)
     ER Large Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Rear table) RA
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 11 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (12+1) = 13;LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.

ER Large Laser at Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Rear table) RTR
        Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) takes 10 damage to RTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             7 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 5; no effect.

Weapons fire for Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits (using Right Side table) CT
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to CT.
            6 Armor remaining.

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - 10 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ +2 bonus).

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Ultra AC/5 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 :
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to CT.
            1 Armor remaining.

Ultra AC/5 at Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 :
        Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            27 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 10 : no fire..

ER Medium Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 11 : no fire..

Streak SRM 6 at Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : fails to achieve lock.

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 6 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            15 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits LA
        Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LA.
            8 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

ER Large Laser at Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Man O' War (Gargoyle) Prime ID:6 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     SRM 6 at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : - Direct Blow - 4 missile(s) hit (w/ +2 bonus).

Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA (critical).
            22 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is (10+1) = 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Arm.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Arm.

Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            22 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            20 Armor remaining.

Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 5.
            22 Armor remaining.

ER Small Laser at Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

LB 5-X AC at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : - Glancing Blow -hits RL (critical)
        Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RL (critical).
            9 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is (8-2) = 6; no effect.

LB 10-X AC at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 15 at Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : - Direct Blow - hits RL
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 11 damage to RL.
            16 Armor remaining.

Large Pulse Laser at Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 10 : hits LT
        Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to LT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Medium Pulse Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 7 : hits LT
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT.
            16 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 9 damage to RA.
            16 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses
        Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 9 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits RA
        Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - hits CT
        Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 16 damage to CT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Gauss Rifle at Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

ER Medium Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 11 : - Direct Blow - hits RA
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 16 damage to RA.
            4 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits RT
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 9 : - Direct Blow - hits LT
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LT.
            9 Armor remaining.

ER PPC at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 6 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits RA
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to RA.
            Armor destroyed.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 12;LIMB BLOWN OFF Right Arm blown off.

Streak SRM 6 at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : - Glancing Blow - - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 6 missile(s) hit.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
        2 damage transfers to RT.
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT (critical).
            28 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            9 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT (critical).
            7 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is (5-2) = 3; no effect.

3 Armor remaining.

1 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:19 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     SRM 2 at Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 2 : misses

Small Laser at LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 6 : 3 troopers hit (using Rear Partial cover (horizontal 50%) table)
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 5; no effect.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LTR.
        3 damage transfers to CTR.
        LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CTR.
            Armor destroyed.
             4 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 7; no effect.

LoaderMech LRM5-FLU ID:194 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CTR.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Engine.
            CRITICAL HIT on Standard Gyro.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:17 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     SRM 2 at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 3, rolls 4 : - Glancing Blow due to Narrow/Low Profile - 4 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table) (w/ -4 malus).

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LL.
            7 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            26 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            24 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            16 Armor remaining.

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 2 : misses

Small Laser at Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : - Direct Blow - 3 troopers hit (using Right Side table)
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RL.
            12 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RL.
            8 Armor remaining.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RA.
        4 damage transfers to RT.
        Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             13 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is (9+1) = 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on +AC/5.
            CRITICAL HIT on +AC/5.

Weapons fire for Elemental Battle Armor [Laser] ID:20 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Small Laser at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Auto-Rifle (Modern, Generic) at Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     ER Large Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits CT
        Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 12.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            10 Armor remaining.

ER Medium Laser at Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits LT
        Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 7 damage to LT.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
    ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 5 : hits!
        Needs 7 [7 (ER Medium Laser)] to ignite, rolls 3

ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 8 : hits!
        Needs 7 [7 (ER Medium Laser)] to ignite, rolls 6

ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 10 : hits!
        Needs 7 [7 (ER Medium Laser)] to ignite, rolls 7
        Fire started in hex 2223.

ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 8 : hits!
        The hex is already on fire

ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 5 : hits!

ER Medium Laser at Hex: 2223 (Ignite) needs 4, rolls 11 : hits!

Weapons fire for Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
     Large Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : - Glancing Blow -hits LA
        Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is (9-2) = 7; no effect.

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 4 : no fire..

Medium Pulse Laser at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 12 : no fire..

LB 10-X AC (Cluster ammo) at Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Checking for accidental fire; needs 3 or below, rolls 8 : no fire..

Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 3 [3 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 4, rolls 7 : succeeds.

Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (60+ damage).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 3 (60+ damage)); needs 6, rolls 5 : falls.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) goes back to the hull down position instead of falling to the ground.

Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 6, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses.

Physical attacks for Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses.

Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
    Roll #1, (3 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 3, rolls 6 : succeeds.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (missed a kick).
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (missed a kick)); needs 4, rolls 8 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Crusader CRD-3LD ID:49 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 23 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Thug THG-11EO ID:69 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 22 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE ID:73 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 21 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Marauder MAD-5SO ID:75 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 24 heat, sinks 30 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mackie MSK-8BG ID:78 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 21 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Black Knight BL-6b-KNTC ID:101 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 26 heat, sinks 32 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hatamoto-Hi HTM-27U ID:103 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 22 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Trebuchet TBT-3C ID:110 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Griffin GRF-3MO ID:186 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 20 heat, sinks 27 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Awesome AWS-8Q ID:22 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 23 heat, sinks 27 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Orion ON1-K ID:23 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Marauder MAD-3R ID:24 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Archer ARC-2R ID:26 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thunderbolt TDR-5S ID:27 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Crusader CRD-3R ID:28 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 9 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Wolverine WVR-6R ID:29 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 13 heat, sinks 12 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Shadow Hawk SHD-2H ID:30 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Wolf Trap (Tora) WFT-1 ID:31 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 ID:32 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Daishi (Dire Wolf) Prime ID:1 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 43 heat, sinks 44 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:2 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) Prime ID:3 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 19 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:4 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 27 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:5 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 36 heat, sinks 36 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Thor (Summoner) Prime ID:7 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 32 heat, sinks 28 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Nobori-nin (Huntsman) B ID:8 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 17 heat, sinks 18 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Loki (Hellbringer) Prime ID:9 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 23 heat, sinks 26 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Subtracting 4 heat due to combat computer...
Black Hawk (Nova) Prime ID:10 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 31 heat, sinks 31 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) B ID:11 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 3 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) A ID:12 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 48 heat, sinks 40 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Vulture (Mad Dog) Prime ID:13 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 20 heat, sinks 24 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) Prime ID:14 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 19 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Ryoken (Stormcrow) C ID:15 (Clan Smoke Jaguar) gains 22 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Control Rolls
-------------------

End Phase
-------------------
Fire at 2108 is burning brightly.
    Terrain burns for 5 damage.
Fire at 2327 goes out due to lack of fuel.
Fire at 2622 goes out due to lack of fuel.
Fire at 2921 is burning brightly.
Fire at 3020 is burning brightly.
Heavy smoke overpowers light smoke in 2207.
Heavy smoke overpowers light smoke in 2208.
Heavy smoke overpowers light smoke in 2107.
Fire at 2223 was started this round.
Light smoke fills 2323.
Light smoke fills 2324.
Light smoke fills 2222.
Target modifiers:
Loki 2232: +2
Ryoken 2429: +3
Mad Cat 1727: +3
Nobori-Nin: +3
Black Hawk: +5
Elementals 2323: +2
All other elementals: +3
Thor: +5
Vulture 1213: +0
Vulture 1115: +1
Ryoken 1409: +3
Loki 1207: +1
Daishi: +0
Mad Cat 1504: +2
Mad Cat 2003: +3
Ryoken 3806: +1 (+2 if attack passes through 3706)

Status update:
Kurita Marauder: right arm destroyed, right torso armor breach, AC/5 disabled
Kurita Thunderbolt: left arm armor breach, MG destroyed
Kurita Awesome: right arm, 2x actuator damaged
Kurita Orion: center torso, 1 armor left
Kurita Crusader: left foot actuator, SRM6 destroyed, movement reduced to 3/5
Siljanus: -1 mp to heat, movement reduced to 2/3
Stefan: left arm breach, LRM/15 disabled; center torso 4 armor left

Objective update:
Man O' War destroyed (engine destruction) - 2/20
Loki (south) crippled and withdrawing - 3/20
Last edited by NickAragua on Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
WestorEast

Post by WestorEast »

My P. Hawk can turn and engage the Thor on 3015 if needed, or go after the Royken if we have enough force for the Thor.

As for my H-H, I'm thinking moving back to the hills to stay away from the Elementals and engaging the southern Royken
TotallyNotEvil

Post by TotallyNotEvil »

Damn, two glancing blows, but at least the LRMs I remembered at the last minute landed in full. Ok, Loki is out, Man-o-War is out, and the Ryoken took serious damage, even if it's only to armor. Sensational shooting from Siljannus, any virtually anything that goes to the head will destroy it. So close to a decaptation by gauss.

Damn Mad Cat kept a single point of armor on it's back, but it was a worthwhile gambit. 1932 should let you try again, 1831 should be Short Range for your LL.

Losing a PPC is less than great, but my archer is in the Thor's read arc. If either LRM connect, that could be it. Awesome can still melee it as to avoid rear shots.

Isgrimmur, I believe that 2420 keeps your rear out of the Thor and the Vultures, and nothing else should have a shot, while being in the rear of the Black Hawk.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Seems like we keep losing ground. I hope we have enough units to pull this out, but it's not looking promising. At least not when we continually miss.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

So the only good roll I had was for a save that only needed a 3.

And despite jumping 4 spaces and landing in woods, the Vultures only needed 8s. And rolled a 10 and 12. Gonna be impossible to avoid shots like that. Everyone wasn't lying about their shooting skills. :(

So, their luck is going to change? Right? Right? Bueller?

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

A word of warning, the Loki will still shoot back, so don't just expose your back to it.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:23 pm A word of warning, the Loki will still shoot back, so don't just expose your back to it.
When fleeing? Will it stop moving away? And is it walking, then?

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Any thoughts on the Ryoken to the NE? It's essentially outdistanced the Crusader. But if the Crusader and the Orion turn back, they are going to be exposing their rears. The Archer could engage the Ryoken, but that probably isn't enough. Should the Orion pursue? I think the Crusader is out of that fight with the restricted movement.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:24 pm
NickAragua wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:23 pm A word of warning, the Loki will still shoot back, so don't just expose your back to it.
When fleeing? Will it stop moving away? And is it walking, then?
It will continue moving away ("forced withdrawal" rules mandate that you need to move at least 1 hex towards your 'home' edge, which is the west edge in the clan case). Given how badly he's beaten up, he's not going to be letting up on the "gas", either. It's just that Moley was in the way of the optimal move. :D
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Nick, is it a movement point per hex face? So with 3, would the Crusader-3R be able to back up to 2801 and then turn to face south? If it runs, would it be able to get to 2702 and be facing either south or southwest?

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

The Thor hasn't moved yet? (It's the ace?)

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 pm The Thor hasn't moved yet? (It's the ace?)

Nick, is it a movement point per hex face? So with 3, would the Crusader-3R be able to back up to 2801 and then turn to face south? If it runs, would it be able to get to 2702 and be facing either south or southwest?

2801 south, yes; 2702, no.

The Thor has moved, no ace this turn.

Forgot to post target modifiers, will do so when I get the chance.
Black Lives Matter
Leraje

Post by Leraje »

BL-KNT >> 3925, face N, fire ErPPC and ErLL x2 @ Stormcrow 3806, Timberwolf 1727 or Huntsman 1825 depending on the most favourable firing solution.
ON1-K >> 3505 (?), fire @ Stormcrow 3806
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Mackie walks backwards to 3023 to vent some heat before getting back into the fight
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?