Looking for a Wii

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Scraper

Looking for a Wii

Post by Scraper »

My launch edition Wii recently bit the dust. It won't boot at all, it just gives me a black screen and if I try to force reinstall the operating system it fails to install. SO I'm looking for a Wii to buy. All I really need is the console itself, I don't need the cords or controllers. Anyone have one they would part with and how much would you want?
FTE
Scraper

Re: Looking for a Wii

Post by Scraper »

I should add that I would be interested in a Wii U as well if anyone has one they want to part with. I've never owned a Wii U but I'm pretty sure they're backward compatible with the Wii.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I am pretty sure I have a Wii and Wii U that I would be happy to get rid of. Don't think either would cost much to ship. Let me see if I can find them in the next couple days.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

On a side note if anyone has a Gamecube Component cable I would be interested in that as well. I used to have one but I can't find it and it's driving me crazy having it plugged in via the old AV cable.

FYI- My daughter has recently really gotten into Mario and Zelda and so she's going through my old collection and playing them. She was a decent way into Wind Waker when the Wii took a crap.
FTE
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 am I am pretty sure I have a Wii and Wii U that I would be happy to get rid of. Don't think either would cost much to ship. Let me see if I can find them in the next couple days.
i would definitely be interested in the Wii U (the only way to play the original Splatoon)
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 am I am pretty sure I have a Wii and Wii U that I would be happy to get rid of. Don't think either would cost much to ship. Let me see if I can find them in the next couple days.
i would definitely be interested in the Wii U (the only way to play the original Splatoon)
Hey no cutting in line
FTE
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Scraper wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:15 am I should add that I would be interested in a Wii U as well if anyone has one they want to part with. I've never owned a Wii U but I'm pretty sure they're backward compatible with the Wii.
Wii U is 100% backwards compatible with Wii.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Scraper wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:47 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 pm
Hey no cutting in line
ah i just thought you needed the Wii. nvm