Smollett committed a hate crime: change my mind

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Unagi

Re: Smollett committed a hate crime: change my mind

Post by Unagi »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:18 am Foxx is doubling down.
Following the sentencing, Kim Foxx released an op-ed in the Chicago Sun-Times blasting the decision to give Smollett jail time. In it, she claimed Black women-elected prosecutors face a “mob mentality” and defended her office’s decision to drop the original charges.
She is terrible. The gist of her op-ed is that Smolett has no history of violence and the case should have been dropped but was prosecuted by feds as part of a nationwide crusade against black female prosecutors.

What a load of crap (in regard to this case).

There is no world where his actions should be ‘dismissed’.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Unagi wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:20 am
you need to acknowledge that while one can show examples of 'racist statements' made by black people, racism against blacks people is in a whole other league.
For some reason it bothers me that you don't think I know that so I will acknowledge it with a disclaimer that I think race relations have improved more in the last four decades than I think that you think they have.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

oops double post
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

em2nought wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:05 am
Unagi wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:20 am
you need to acknowledge that while one can show examples of 'racist statements' made by black people, racism against blacks people is in a whole other league.
For some reason it bothers me that you don't think I know that so I will acknowledge it with a disclaimer that I think race relations have improved more in the last four decades than I think that you think they have.
3 years
Can't imagine it bothered you all that much.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Such a weird story... And if you think race relations haven't gone into the toilet since Trump took office I don't know what to tell you. Hell electing him was partially the rural white people freaking out because we had a black president. The horror... Who wasn't even from this country! :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com