The EX Jehovah's Witless thread. AMA.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Drazzil

The EX Jehovah's Witless thread. AMA.

Post by Drazzil »

So rather then pull the "confessions" thread off topic. I'm going to post this here. I was a JW. Spend my first 18 years in the "truth". Ask me anything. I will answer. May or may not be current but I'll take a bite.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Roman

Re: The EX Jehovah's Witless thread. AMA.

Post by Roman »

Is it true that there is a global plot for ex JWs to lie in wait for years before posting similar AMA threads on general interest forums - the posts are in fact a scheme to increase the hold that the JWs have over Hollywood and the Pentaverate?
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Other than being on the receiving end of door-knocking experiences, my only real connection was a co-worker at my first professional job.

Sample of one, but I liked her well enough. However, she was exceedingly..."aloof" is the nice way to put it. "Self-righteous" is the not so nice, more accurate way.

This was my first professional job, approximate age...23?

Will never forget that one early morning, she leaned over into my cube to say very directly: "I had a dream about you last night. In that dream, you were dating Susan (one of our co-workers in a different dept., who I WAS in fact seeing on the low down, due I guess to appearances)" She MAY have even said or at least suggested, that we were having sex in her dream. I just remember being completely blown away not because she had "guessed" what was going on, but that she was being so blunt about it (also pretty sure there was some refernce to sex or I would not have been that shocked, and remember it so well). :P
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

So many things that you've talked about over the past years now make a whole lot more sense.
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is it true that the average JW has three times the lung capacity as an Episcopalian? And that they aren't taught about shoes until they're 27, then dropped off at a Picway Shoes where they sometimes die from shock after seeing open toed sandals?
He won. Period.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scraper wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:44 am So many things that you've talked about over the past years now make a whole lot more sense.
I used to joke that the JW's were right about Armegeddon; but totally wrong about the caus.....

Holy shit. I never really considered the idea that my views on things spilling towards an apocolypse might have been *slightly* influenced by my upbringing.

Thanks for that.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:43 pm Is it true that the average JW has three times the lung capacity as an Episcopalian? And that they aren't taught about shoes until they're 27, then dropped off at a Picway Shoes where they sometimes die from shock after seeing open toed sandals?
:lol:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Roman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:29 am Is it true that there is a global plot for ex JWs to lie in wait for years before posting similar AMA threads on general interest forums - the posts are in fact a scheme to increase the hold that the JWs have over Hollywood and the Pentaverate?
No no... Its the illuminati and the freemasons you gotta watch out for.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

And the Amish. Don’t ask hepcat about the Amish.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m the one that likes the Amish as I grew up in central Ohio near Sugarcreek and other Amish areas. JeffV is the one that believes they’re evil.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Something I've wondered about the JW:

Am I right in believing I've heard that they say only 144,000 people will be Saved and taken to Paradise?

And haven't there been more than 144,000 JW's already?

Seems like an incentive to quit proselytizing.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Holman wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:07 pm Something I've wondered about the JW:

Am I right in believing I've heard that they say only 144,000 people will be Saved and taken to Paradise?

It's a pyramid scheme - each person you get to join counts as 1 for you and you get partial credit for each person they get to join and each person the person they get to join that joins...

The top 144,000 is a revolving door. When someone beats the lowest guy's total, out he goes to be replaced by the new higher recruiting guy.

Don't know why, but it seemed like a funny thought when I was thinking to write it. Less so now that it's written.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:07 pm Something I've wondered about the JW:

The JW's believe that 144000 people (those born on or before 1914) would go to heaven and the rest of the JW's will live on a perfect renewed earth with everyone who died before the JW's were a thing being resurrected and given a chance to "know Jehovah". They preached the world would end before the generation born in 1914 completely died off. Of course with everyone born on or around 1914 just about dead, their views on this "changed".

The JW's claim that the Watchtower organization and the "governing body" are gods direct line to the JW faith. Over the last twenty years or so the "library" of all JW literature dating back to the founding of the organization belonging to every "Kingdom Hall" got cleaned out, so that its just "up to date" stuff now.

You used to be able to read stuff back to the founding of the organization, including some of the founders stuff. He was fascinated with the Pyramids and thought that the Pyramids held clues to unlocking bible secrets. Also you could easily read how "Gods chosen organization" Got many, MANY predictions about the end of the world wrong.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I find the number 144000 to be both gross and grand.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Father Guido Sarducci explained how all this works years ago. We should listen to him.

He won. Period.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Unagi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:21 pm I find the number 144000 to be both gross and grand.
:doh:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

In the "people still alive who you thought were dead" department, Don Novello (Guido Sarducci) is still on this side of the sod and apparently still doing voice work. I always enjoyed that character's G-rated routines.