Car Mechanic Simulator 2021

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Car Mechanic Simulator 2021

Post by jztemple2 »

I picked up Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 (Steam link) this afternoon. I also got the two available DLC, four Nissan cars and four electric cars. I got all of them in a Steam bundle and saved a bit.

Here's a look at the guts of one of the electric cars:

I've played the three previous edition of the game and have found them to be diverting fun. CMS2021 is no different, it's easy to pick up, especially since they have an easy mode for those who don't want to do the detective work of finding parts that need to be fixed but aren't on the repair order. As in the previous two editions, each new editions adds more bells and whistles. This edition has mini-games like wheel balancing and scrapping parts. New areas of repair are included, like fuse boxes. There are also auctions, junkyards, barn finds, etc.

With 72 cars at start, plus 8 in the two DLC, there are lots of parts. As you can see below, on this menu page there are 21 parts, and there are forty pages of parts (that's over 800) and this is just for the main shop parts. There's also a tire shop, wheel shop, body parts, electronic parts, etc. I think they said there are over 1000 parts.

Now with all the parts it would be a nightmare to scroll and look those all those lists, but CMS2021 has added a really cool feature. When you hover over a part on the car, or have taken the part off and have it in your inventory, you can add it to your shopping list. Then, when you are in the parts store, you can bring up your shopping list. Then you highlight the part you are looking for, click a button and the appropriate part is displayed. A couple more clicks and the part is ordered and then you can delete the item off your list. It is so much faster than before.

There are a number of other next touches as well.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2021

Post by jztemple2 »

I've put in almost eight hours now and still enjoying it. Am I the only one playing it here...?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Brian

Post by Brian »

Despite being a "car guy" I have not played the game nor am I planning to.
My 28 year old daughter, however, has been playing this along with her boyfriend.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
malchior

Post by malchior »

I've been playing it a little bit - mostly just checking it out so far. I like it so far but it took quite some time for me to get used to the interface.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:23 pm I've put in almost eight hours now and still enjoying it. Am I the only one playing it here...?
I played a couple of the earlier iterations. Despite the addition of electric vehicles, I don't really see much point in diving back in. Thief simulator had a little bit of car mechanic simulator in it, stripping cars for cash and that reminded me how NOT interesting I find the game play.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Steam Workshop support is now active.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I started playing this again a few days ago. I needed something in gaming, but I'm losing my focus on strategy games or city builders like Factory Town that have a lot of spinning plates. So I went back to CMS 2021 since a sale is on. Turns out that even after I played it last year for over twenty hours there was still a lot of depth to it I hadn't explored. In fact I'm enjoying it so much I picked up all the remaining DLC I hadn't already bought. I'm up now to almost fifty hours and I'm enjoying it. I'll probably stick with it till Sniper Elite 5 comes out towards the end of the month.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My first total rebuild job. Found this Fiat in a barn :roll:, no engine, no wheels, no interior, just a shell.

Enlarge Image

Stripped out the few remaining junk parts, build a new turbocharged I3 engine for it, added all new suspension and other parts, new interior and then I painted it.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Everything is now 100% new on the car

Enlarge Image

And what cost me 855 in a barn will now fetch almost 32K, about twice what I spent on parts.

Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I found a junk Jaguar XKE in a barn and am rebuilding it to 100% in all areas. In this video I'm reassembling the engine after a complete disassembly and either repairing or replacing parts.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Don't know if anyone is playing this other than me, and not so much anymore, but the devs have announced a new DLC which rather caught my eye:

No work on when it will be released, but it will include four cars, including the Longteng Fuyuan:
Enlarge Image

There is also this rather odd pickup truck/sedan combo