Spinal Tap II?!

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Holman

Spinal Tap II?!

Post by Holman »

Yes, apparently.
A long-awaited sequel to This Is Spinal Tap is on the way, according to Deadline. Rob Reiner will return to direct Spinal Tap II, which is tentatively slated for release on Tuesday, March 19, 2024. Reiner will also reprise his role as the fictional in-film director Marty DiBergi. Also returning are core cast members Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, and Christopher Guest, portraying Spinal Tap’s David St. Hubbins, Derek Smalls, and Nigel Tufnel, respectively.

Rob Reiner explained to Deadline:
I’m back playing Marty DiBergi. The band was upset with the first film. They thought I did a hatchet job and this is a chance to redeem myself. I am such a big fan and I felt bad they didn’t like what they saw in the first film. When I heard they might get back together, I was a visiting adjunct teacher’s helper at the Ed Wood School of Cinematic Arts. I drop everything to document this final concert.
If it weren't the original crew, I'd be worried. But I don't think Christopher Guest et al would do this without believing in the script. This is their legacy.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Re: Spinal Tap II?!

Post by Daehawk »

I thought McKean died. Isn't this a bit late?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:47 pm I thought McKean died. Isn't this a bit late?
Internet says he lives. Are you thinking of David Lander (Squiggy to McKean's Lenny)?

In the past few years McKean had a terrific role in Better Call Saul.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Holman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:49 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:47 pm I thought McKean died. Isn't this a bit late?
Internet says he lives. Are you thinking of David Lander (Squiggy to McKean's Lenny)?

In the past few years McKean had a terrific role in Better Call Saul.
Lol probably. I always did confuse the two.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Did anyone else look at the Roman numerals and think, "This one goes to 11."
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I…have never seen Spinal Tap. :oops:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You????? Of ALL the people on OO, I would have assumed you owned multiple versions (even one on VHS still), wore a neon green skeleton t-shirt everywhere and would yell "Hello Cleveland!" randomly throughout your day!

You REALLY need to rectify this egregious and potentially health threatening oversight on your part.

He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:shock:

They're one of Britain's loudest bands! I'm stunned you haven't seen this excellent documentary. Their influence on rock/metal music in the 1980s is really amazing.

RIP Stumpy Joe.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

In the early 90s they released an album called Break Like the Wind. It was surprisingly great. They started making appearances again on shows like The Simpsons.

They then released a movie called The Return of Spinal Tap on VHS. I worked at a video rental store at the time and begged our owner to get a copy for the store. She begrudgingly did. A year later I looked that tape up in the system and saw that it was rented only once and that was to me.

It sucked. And this is coming from a true fan.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The fact that I barely remember the sequel supports your assertion it wasn't very good.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

hepcat wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 am You????? Of ALL the people on OO, I would have assumed you owned multiple versions (even one on VHS still), wore a neon green skeleton t-shirt everywhere and would yell "Hello Cleveland!" randomly throughout your day!

You REALLY need to rectify this egregious and potentially health threatening oversight on your part.
I've seen all the "bits" (Stonehenge, "up to 11", etc) by themselves a bunch of times, so I feel like I've seen probably seen about 2/3 of it in 2-3 minute increments over the years.

But yes, I definitely need to actually watch the whole thing at some point.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You just started Elden Ring. You won't have time until 2024.
He won. Period.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'd love to catch on some of the stuff that's out there, but I just started a game of Civilization, so, you know.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:49 am I've seen all the "bits" (Stonehenge, "up to 11", etc) by themselves a bunch of times, so I feel like I've seen probably seen about 2/3 of it in 2-3 minute increments over the years.
My favourite is tiny bread.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I've been waiting for one of our local symphony orchestras (Grant Park Symphony -- this is up your alley!) to orchestrate a version of "Lick My Love Pump."
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Hyena wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:04 am Did anyone else look at the Roman numerals and think, "This one goes to 11."
Yes, didn't everyone? :D
Conform or be cast out!
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Jeff V wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:26 pm I've been waiting for one of our local symphony orchestras (Grant Park Symphony -- this is up your alley!) to orchestrate a version of "Lick My Love Pump."
It's in D Minor, the saddest of all keys.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins