Computing Chair Upgrade...

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lassr

Re: Computing Chair Upgrade...

Post by Lassr »

Realized I never posted pics of my chair after putting it together. [sarcasm]Cause I know ya'll were just itching to see the finished product![/sarcasm]

Enlarge Image

Darby didn't want to get out of the picture and Opie is sleeping.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can't believe I never downloaded the instructions for my Aeron so I know each of the adjustments actually do. No wonder the chair seems to be "stuck" at an uncomfortable angle.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:23 pm Now, of course, I kinda want the headrest, but everywhere I look it's about $150. I think I'll wait until I either get a job, or I get a couple tours under my belt.

I see Engineering Now has 2 models, and Atlas has one model. Both are right about $150.

And there's a no-name for $100 or so on eBay. I think I'll wait.
Kasey, I got a headrest for my wife's Aeron and she's not fond of it. You can have it if you want.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Maybe I'll give up thoughts of living overseas and just get one of these https://www.yawvr.com/
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

gbasden wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:23 am Kasey, I got a headrest for my wife's Aeron and she's not fond of it. You can have it if you want.
Name a price over PM. and I'll Paypal you.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Secretlab PlushCell™ Memory Foam Armrest Top

To replace those wonderful PU armrests.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:42 pm Secretlab PlushCell™ Memory Foam Armrest Top

Sweet, but $79 and already out of black.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Zaxxon wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:54 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:42 pm Secretlab PlushCell™ Memory Foam Armrest Top

Sweet, but $79 and already out of black.
FWIW, the Aloudy Memory Foam Office Chair Armrest Pads I linked to previously are black, fit Secretlab Omega and Titan chairs, and are only $17.99.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my startup company purchased some incredibly cheap low-end office chairs and i already flattened out the seat cushion foam on mine after working here just nine months. swapped it out for one not used nearly as much, but i should figure out a way to get one of my personal ones into the office.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My computer desk chair finally broke at the joint between the backrest and the pan. One bolt broke off a year ago, another a week or so ago. Finally the last two went and the movement broke the plastic support of the backrest.

Since this happened the day before we were leaving for my surgery, getting a chair quickly was imperative since I would be limited to lifting only five pounds for some time after the surgery. So we made a stop at the local Staples. Turns out they have bazillions of chairs for sale, including lots of gamer chairs. I tried a number of them, with a preference towards getting a mesh one like the one I had before. However, the mesh ones weren't comfortable. So I got a black and grey Emerge gamer chair.

It is warmer since there is no mesh, but I have a floor fan for that. It is more comfortable than my old chair and feels pretty good. And it makes me sit up and not slouch :roll:. I didn't have time to read reviews and get opinions, but if it lasts for awhile I'll be happy.

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

at the $160 price point i'd give it 2-3 years
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:57 pm at the $160 price point i'd give it 2-3 years
Comes with a three year protection plan so I'm good :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

jztemple2 wrote:
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:57 pm at the $160 price point i'd give it 2-3 years
Comes with a three year protection plan so I'm good :D
Ah, then I'd give it 3 years and 1 week.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

That's fine, I can always buy a new chair.

The problem is more that I'm going to have to live with my wife saying "I told you so" because I picked out a chair with a leather covering. Damn, it is warm. And in my house, warm is not good, especially for a chair I might want to spend a couple of hours at a time in :roll:. I've put down a cover over it for now, but I might have to figure out a longer term solution. Sheesh, why would anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line even want a car with leather seats?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:00 pm Sheesh, why would anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line even want a car with leather seats?
Because it is much easier to keep clean, looks nicer and our cars have AC, so it hardly matters?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:00 pm The problem is more that I'm going to have to live with my wife saying "I told you so" because I picked out a chair with a leather covering. Damn, it is warm. And in my house, warm is not good, especially for a chair I might want to spend a couple of hours at a time in :roll:. I've put down a cover over it for now, but I might have to figure out a longer term solution. Sheesh, why would anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line even want a car with leather seats?
Because well-crafted genuine leather can last lifetimes when treated properly (though is usually priced accordingly). But with cheapo synthetic faux leather polyurethane, more often than not it's merely a matter of time before it begins splitting and cracking since resin + granulated leather particles tends to be a pale imitation.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:15 am
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:00 pm Sheesh, why would anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line even want a car with leather seats?
Because it is much easier to keep clean, looks nicer and our cars have AC, so it hardly matters?
True, but we're in shorts all the time and leather does get sticky. We've had cloth seats in our cars for over forty years, even my wife's Chrysler Cordoba (no, not "rich Corinthian leather" :wink: )
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Interestingly, Secretlab is now making custom casters for different preferences. Can't say I have the urge to drop another $49 to make my chair move more smoothly on high-pile carpets, but it's a neat idea for a fancy-chair maker.