GGFE is what now?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Mr. Sparkle

GGFE is what now?

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

This is something that occured to me when I was reading the ToEE thread.

I am this close to pulling out the discs and installing the patches, simply because I'm reading about how much better it is than when I put it down...

The force is undeniable. The force is a definitive part of our community.

To me, this lends a decent amount of cred to the "Octopi Overlords" idea because... frankly, I never thought GGFE was all that catchy. Too much of an "in" joke that didn't really capture the power of the effect. However anyone who spent anytime on the boards knows it to be the central curse/blessing of the entire forum. The "Overlords" angle has a lot of positives in regards to possible slogans... and people more creative than me, could do wonders I think.

The GGFE was one of the things that made the site special, even when I was merely a lurker. It was "especially special" because it was an invention/observation of the community, not the site itself.

IMHO, the "brand" of the site will best be served by making the GGFE (by a different name of course) a central theme.

I apologize, if this has been covered in other threads, but I thought it might be important enough to warrant specific attention.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If THEY have their way, it'll be the STFE (suckered tentacle forum effect).

ToEE is big, tactical D&D fun.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Smoove_B wrote:If THEY have their way, it'll be the STFE (suckered tentacle forum effect).

Why not the "oofe"....sounds like the sound of reaching for your wallet yet again for a game you shouldn't be buying.
knob

Post by knob »

Yeah, I like OOFE or BSFE. Either way, they sound good.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
Jag

Post by Jag »

The GGFE was/is interesting on so many levels. I actually used it proactively. For example, i was intially 'meh on RTW, so I read the posts and let the GGFE carry me away like a fine shot of heroin (umm, or so i've heard) until I was a willing slave carrying out its unspoken directives.

BTW, ToEE is so nice with the patches. You should reinstall it just to create a new party, you don't even have to play, just create a new party, c'mon, really, yeah, that's it, make a ranger, now a half orc barbarian. You know you want to...
Mr. Sparkle

Post by Mr. Sparkle »

triggercut wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:If THEY have their way, it'll be the STFE (suckered tentacle forum effect).

Why not the "oofe"....sounds like the sound of reaching for your wallet yet again for a game you shouldn't be buying.
I was thinking of something a little more unique, I guess. But I guess invoking the Overlord thing in a creative way to communicate the OOTFE is probably best left up to the posters who posses the so called "sense of humor"... the plebes will just have to make do with the OOTFE (or whatever we end up with).
BTW, ToEE is so nice with the patches. You should reinstall it just to create a new party, you don't even have to play, just create a new party, c'mon, really, yeah, that's it, make a ranger, now a half orc barbarian. You know you want to...
Luckily for me, I can get a fix of R: TW without having to download patches and look for discs... and yes, I can stop anytime I want to.