Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Lassr

Re: Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

Post by Lassr »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:32 pm I never played it to completion, but I really liked the tactical gameplay. I wish there was some mode of endless gameplay where I just would go out on missions without worrying too much about the strategic layer.
That's kind of how I play it now. I do missions and the research and when I've finally researched the end game scenario, I'll keep playing until I'm ready to quit, then I'll start the final mission, get through the first part and then quit. As the 2nd part is too frustrating.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Been a while and I've missed posting an update or two, but partly that's because I have it on Epic and they don't do so well with announcements. However, by adding the Steam PP news feed to my Feedly I'm getting updates. And here's the latest one: DLC 5 Kaos Engines and Free Azathoth Content Update Now Available
Hello, Operatives! Our latest DLC, Kaos Engines, is now available, alongside the free Azathoth content update (patch notes at the bottom of this post). Thanks to everyone who has already purchased an Expansion Pass already, your download should already be underway or ready, and thanks also to those considering purchasing Kaos Engines!

I've only gotten the first two DLC, but maybe if there is a deep sale on the Phoenix Point: Year One Edition on Steam plus the Expansion Pass I might pick it up and go back and play the game with all the bells and whistles.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

This is it! The final of the promised expansions! Now I can finally play the game!
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:30 pm This is it! The final of the promised expansions! Now I can finally play the game!
Well, the final update except for all the patches to fix the final update :wink:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The question is did they fix the stuff (mainly the ending I guess) that people have been complaining about in this thread?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Been playing it pretty consistently over the last week - it's a much more polished experience over what I played when it first came out. There's... a lot of stuff to absorb though. And I can already tell that if I start losing experienced dudes, it's going to be the death knell of my campaign.

As an example, I have a sniper that can take two shots with a sniper rifle, and follow up with fire from her pistol as long as will points hold out (at 15 will, that's 5 shots, not including any will point recovery from kills or from having a heavy hop onto one of those squad will point recovery zones); and then follow up with a free overwatch. This is compared to a starting-level sniper that can take one sniper rifle shot and then either follow up or overwatch with a pistol.

It might seem crazy overpowered, but a lot of the ambulatory seafood that you fight (especially the big guys) are bullet sponges, or come in swarms that need to be eliminated or disabled rapidly; since there aren't really any meaningful weapon upgrades (at least not X-Com level) that I've seen (with the exception of the grenade launcher - the ability to punt grenades halfway across the map is amazing), the main way to increase your damage output to compensate is to upgrade your squaddies so they can shoot 3-4 times a turn instead of 1-2 while dashing halfway across the map.

Sure, there's the training facility, you can hire semi-veterans occasionally and you have global skill points, but none of that makes up for when you lose a squad full of dudes who you've sunk like 2-300 skill points into.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not doing an ironman run.

Some thoughts:

The Tiamat is a trap. Sure it can carry eight people, but it's painfully slow. Like, "can't get to a haven under pandoran attack before everyone dies" slow. For globe-hopping, the Synedrion craft is the way to go. For response capability, the Jericho craft gets you where you need to go before everyone dies but still carries a reasonable number of people.

I hope there's a way to upgrade air combat capability, because my aircraft are getting their assholes punched in right now by anything other than the tiniest manta ray things.

It seems like you want ~1 craft per Phoenix Point base if possible.

Research worm/mindfragger/other little guy corpses ASAP so you can manufacture grenade launchers.

Don't let your guys sit at 0 willpower - they will panic and waste their turn. Unlike in X-Com, they don't even shoot at the bad guys. A pro tip is to leave those glowy gray squares (willpower replenishment zones or whatever) for the last thing in your turn, then hit them with a jetpack-equipped heavy.

Speaking of heavies, the miniguns and heavy cannons are kind of worthless. For any reasonable accuracy, you have to basically be at point blank range. Grenade launchers though, are stellar for stripping armor and taking down crowds of mini-dudes.

One annoying thing I did notice - when allied units shoot at some of the bigger guys (the ones with four legs with the head hanging down in the middle), they always aim for the head, meaning they always miss.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks for the detailed write-up. I'm thinking about starting up this game again and you giving me a lot of ideas of what to do.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I plan on restarting this after I finish with Elden Ring.
So around 2025 or so.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:12 pm Research worm/mindfragger/other little guy corpses ASAP so you can manufacture grenade launchers.
Hmmm... I just started a new game. I played way back when it first came out. There are definitely some things I need to re-learn. I'd put off some of this research. I'll need to move it up.
One annoying thing I did notice - when allied units shoot at some of the bigger guys (the ones with four legs with the head hanging down in the middle), they always aim for the head, meaning they always miss.
It's the "moving" that the targets do that gets me. I fired 4 pistol shots at something that was about 8 feet away. Couldn't miss. Right? Except that 3 of the times, right after I'd targeted, the enemy moved and my shot missed. I hate that. I hated it when I played originally. And I hate it now. You basically have to learn how it's going to move and then try and time it so that the shot hits. Incredibly frustrating.

Also... @#$% the Pure. I don't remember those $%^&heads from my last game. I got ambushed and barely managed to escape. Never even did more than scratch them.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:57 pm It's the "moving" that the targets do that gets me. I fired 4 pistol shots at something that was about 8 feet away. Couldn't miss. Right? Except that 3 of the times, right after I'd targeted, the enemy moved and my shot missed. I hate that. I hated it when I played originally. And I hate it now. You basically have to learn how it's going to move and then try and time it so that the shot hits. Incredibly frustrating.
I think they changed it so that the bad guys "freeze" while you're aiming. But they do switch positions after you've shot at them, which can lead to your subsequent shots being... less likely to hit, let's just say. The area where the shot lands can literally be anywhere within that targeting circle, so if there's a couple of pixels that aren't technically a part of the bad guy and the shot lands there... that's a miss. X-Com style "95% hit odds" at its finest.

Which has never ever led me to smack my desk with my fist or swear out loud.

And yeah, the Pure are super obnoxious.

I actually got frustrated with my current run and am probably going to take a break from the game for a while (the Tiamat is just terrible - it's gotten to the point where havens get attacked and I literally can't get there in time, and my Manticore can't be everywhere at once). So I basically let it run on its own to see how it goes. Took about five months for humanity to go extinct. Most of the destroyed havens were destroyed by Pandorans, but a good chunk of the rest were taken out by the Pure. Near the end, the three factions started shooting at each other as well - good job numbnuts. You've got stupid crab aliens and cybernetic crazies closing in on you from all sides and you decide it's a good time to start taking out the havens that have mist repellers up.

My next run, I'm gonna try to rush for a second Manticore ASAP, and see if that helps any with getting things uncovered faster, as well as taking down those obnoxious Pandoran flyers. But that won't be for a while, I think I need a palate cleanser, and maybe a patch.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I haven't finished my current game, but I'm near the end. I've been stalling to wrap up some loose ends.

The ancient weapons ROCK! Holy @#$%! No more ammo concerns on the last fight. Hopefully that will make it doable.

I am running one mod that does a bunch of things. The most important being that it increases the carry amounts on the vehicles.

This was my first time bring land vehicles along. What a difference. The mod increases the amount of ammo they carry, which likely helped too.

Oh... and they still move. But it's mostly the little guys that turn invisible and carry weapons. You have to watch their movement cycle to make sure they aren't about to move on you.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Finished the final mission. I was able to bring 10 soldiers. But I could have easily done it with 8. Possibly 6. Mostly breezed through it. Reloaded once when I over-reached a bit.

The ancient weapons make it a walk in the park.

Biggest letdown was the change to Rage Burst. I don't think I'd even bother getting it in the future. Complete waste of points. I think I used it twice.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New news update on PP, New Patch and Steam Workshop Details
While Kaos Engines is the last of our downloadable content drops, we will continue to work on some final patches to improve Phoenix Point, including today’s Azathoth v1.14.3 update for PC. As of today, we’re closing our dedicated feedback portal (Canny) but rest assured that we have captured and backed up all the feedback shared to date, which will be used for guidance on future patches. And don’t worry: if you’d still like to give feedback, you can use the forums or talk with us on Discord. We may not be able to act on it, but we’ll see it.

We’re also excited to announce that true Mod support on PC, including official Steam Workshop integration, is coming to Phoenix Point
this summer.
Azathoth Bugfix- v1.14.3
Spoiler:
Important
We have resolved a critical issue with corrupted save files where entering or completing a tactical mission would result in lost Geoscape progress. When starting a tactical mission, if you receive the following error message about a failed save game:

“An error has occurred while overwriting the save file! Please make sure you have enough free memory on your device.”

These are the steps to resolve it:
1. Make a manual save on Geoscape
2. Exit the game
3. Delete autosave file in Phoenix Point local saves folder.
4. Restart the game
5. If there is a conflict with cloud saves, download the cloud save.

Bug fixes
• Fixed a rare issue where the UI of the game gets stuck if the Gift Manticore team gets ambushed. (DLC3)
• Fixed a rare issue where the game gets stuck when a dazed fireworm explodes on the final DLC3 mission.
• Fixed a rare issue where the game gets stuck due to a problem with enemy deployment on the first mission of DLC4.
• Fixed an issue where the game gets stuck when a unit performing the hack ability is mind-controlled.
• Fixed an issue with the Fog of War on some DLC2 missions.
• Fixed an issue with controller input when selecting Phoenix Bases list on Geoscape.
• Fixed an issue where the game gets stuck when selecting a Phoenix Base as deployment location for vehicle or aircraft on Geoscape.
• Fixed an issue where Haven defenders steal XP points at the end of a mission.
• Fixed an issue where the Berserker Bloodlust ability is not activated when starting a mission while he is injured.
• Fixed an issue where Virophage Injection objective was not interrupted by Mind Control.
• Fixed an issue where some DLC3 enemies did not appear as Cause of Death in the Memorial.
• Fixed an issue where the end game screen didn’t include DLC statistics.
• Fixed several UI text and localization issues.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Hmm, do I want to wait for another patch to try to plow through this again?

I just don't get it. I *should* want to play this game non-stop. Are my gaming preferences changing as I get older?

Maybe it's all the seafood.
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:44 pm Hmm, do I want to wait for another patch to try to plow through this again?

I just don't get it. I *should* want to play this game non-stop. Are my gaming preferences changing as I get older?

Maybe it's all the seafood.
I can verify that as I got older my game preferences have changed.

Honestly, regarding PP, I'd wait till they have Steam Workshop integration. I know there are mods now but Workshop will make it easier and maybe we'll see more folks posting mods. I'm convinced that PP is a good game that can be great if they can make the strategic layer less burdensome.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The game is on sale on Steam through Friday afternoonish for 50% off, with the expansion pass 25% off.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:58 pm The game is on sale on Steam through Friday afternoonish for 50% off, with the expansion pass 25% off.
Oooo. Might be time for me to finally add it to the library. Thanks for the heads-up!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Baroquen wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:32 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:58 pm The game is on sale on Steam through Friday afternoonish for 50% off, with the expansion pass 25% off.
Oooo. Might be time for me to finally add it to the library. Thanks for the heads-up!
I have the game with the first two DLC on Epic and I'm trying to decide if I want to take the plunge and pick up main game with it's year one content plus the expansion pass, which gives me everything, on Steam. Sort of an investment before the Steam Workshop support releases.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The Nexus Mods work on the EPIC version, I downloaded some this week and they have their required Modnix app that you use to install the MOD and play the game, makes playing with MODs very easy. I don't believe it works with Steam though. It has made the game much more enjoyable. I'm really over powered right now at the start of the game but it should make late game more enjoyable. Hell, I may finish it this time.

https://www.nexusmods.com/phoenixpoint
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I did finally finish a game of Phoenix Point. I used the Nexus Mod loader and the Mods listed below. The "manufacture everything" MOD I don't think is necessary, but tried it out, and paced my manufacturing so I wasn't manufacturing the very powerful weapons at the start of the game. I also disabled Better Classes as that caused "OriginalRageBurst" not to work, as Rage burst was my biggest key to winning.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Hmmm... I would have liked the one that restored rage burst. It ended up being a completely wasted skill. I think I only used it once or twice in my last game. And stopped even getting it unless I was swimming in points to spend.

The new weapons made up the difference.

Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

TheMix wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:33 pm Hmmm... I would have liked the one that restored rage burst. It ended up being a completely wasted skill. I think I only used it once or twice in my last game. And stopped even getting it unless I was swimming in points to spend.
Agree, funny how they made it go from the most powerful skill to the weakest and most wasteful. You'd think they could have found a middle ground.

Only time you could use the new Rage burst is if you were standing right next to a Scylla, and it still would not hit 100%, and then that soldier would be in serious trouble the next turn if you didn't kill it.

Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:33 am
TheMix wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:33 pm Hmmm... I would have liked the one that restored rage burst. It ended up being a completely wasted skill. I think I only used it once or twice in my last game. And stopped even getting it unless I was swimming in points to spend.
Agree, funny how they made it go from the most powerful skill to the weakest and most wasteful. You'd think they could have found a middle ground.

Only time you could use the new Rage burst is if you were standing right next to a Scylla, and it still would not hit 100%, and then that soldier would be in serious trouble the next turn if you didn't kill it.
Yup. I think that's the only time I used it successfully. With a shotgun too. The annoying thing is that it would fire, what, 5 shots? But only 2 would hit usually. It was simply better for my sniper/heavies to use other skills to fire twice - except then I could control the targeting.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A bit of news from the devs: 'Hastur' Update Introduces Steam Workshop Support on July 21st
It’s the final countdown, people: We’re headed towards our last update for Phoenix Point, “Hastur,” with our most requested community feature: Steam Workshop mod support.

With this final update, we’ll be opening up Steam Workshop for the community to share their creations and make it easy for any player to enable and subscribe to player-made mods. As an added feature that’s part of our mod integration, each mod can be tweaked by players to finely tune the right balance for their intended game.
On a separate note: next Thursday, July 21st, we will combine all Phoenix Point content into one Complete Edition bundle on PC. If you already own Year One Edition and the Expansion Pass, don’t despair; you’re not missing out on any additional content, but for those looking to jump in for the first time or upgrade, this will be the definitive way to get all Phoenix Point content with a single purchase.

Finally, we have a few small surprises we’re saving til next Thursday’s release of Complete Edition and the free Hastur update, so still a bit more to come!
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Sounds like I'm in for another attempted playthrough when this drops. I'll just need to look up some tactics on how to deal with the flying critters.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Flying? I'm drawing a blank.

Black Lives Matter

NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:44 pm Flying? I'm drawing a blank.
One of the expansions, "Festering Skies", features aliens flying around on the world map and an interception mini-game where you load your aircraft up with guns and try to shoot them down.

My main problem was, after shooting down a few scout-type alien craft, the aliens started sending bigger, badder craft. Since your interceptors are also your troop transports, once my troop transport got shot down with an entire squad on board, that kind of ended the game.

Next time I try, I'll go for dedicated fast interceptors (those fast Anu ships look pretty good for the role)
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Ahhhhhh... that's right. That rings a bell now. I got the Year One version, but I assume that DLC was part of the Season Pass. I do not have the Season pass.

The drawback to the faster transports is that you don't get to bring as many units. If that's too much of a pain, you can tweak the carry limit for the vehicles. I mentioned the mod up-thread.

Black Lives Matter

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Oh, also, that would really suck. That would sour me on the game pretty quickly.

Black Lives Matter

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

I played a lot of the original X-Com but when I tried X-Com2 recently with all the DLC I quickly uninstalled. The timed missions and invisible teleporting enemies who don't trigger overwatch fire and then disappear were just too frustrating.

Does PP suffer from any game-breaking flaws like those?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Exodor wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:41 am I played a lot of the original X-Com but when I tried X-Com2 recently with all the DLC I quickly uninstalled. The timed missions and invisible teleporting enemies who don't trigger overwatch fire and then disappear were just too frustrating.

Does PP suffer from any game-breaking flaws like those?
I object to the use of "game breaking" and "flaws" in reference to XCOM2:WotC, the assassin is supposed to be a pain in the first encounter. It gets better. Without timers XCOM is way too easy. There are in game mechanics to mitigate the timers and workshop mods to extend the timers.

From what I have played of Phoenix Point the final mission is stupid, but to be fair, as a person that has played the entire XCOM2 campaign at least 8 times, I still think the final mission there is stupid as well.

Phoenix Point feels like a bit less of a puzzle in tactical combat than XCOM which I think most people appreciate. I feel like you are a lot less constrained in the strategic layer in Phoenix point as well. There is a lot more stuff on the globe, which may also result in a lot more opportunity to screw yourself, but once you know what you are doing, it's more manageable.

There are some things I would like to see XCOM3 steal from Phoenix Point (the targeting system primarily), but I think I still prefer XCOM.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

FYI, if you haven't played "recently", the characterization of the final PP mission may be outdated.

I didn't have any issues with the final mission. It was actually one of the easier missions. The weapons added in the Legacy of the Ancients and Living Weapons DLCs (included with the Year One version) make it fairly trivial.

Edit: Though, that actually depends on what you mean by "stupid". :D My initial response was because usually people complain about it being ridiculously hard. If you just didn't like it, well... carry on, then.

Black Lives Matter

Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Some of the reviews mention endlessly respawning enemies during the tactical missions. Is that common and does it have a big impact on gameplay?

I appreciate the answers - they may be contained within the previous 12 pages of this thread but I'm too lazy to read it all to find out. :oops:
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

You do get that in a lot of the missions (the rescue missions come to mind), but usually I was on my way out by that time. You don't really want to be hanging around. A couple of times I had a spawn right near one of my guys, but most of the time they were on the other side of the map and not really an issue.

You won't get 'flooded' with additional mobs.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:05 am There are some things I would like to see XCOM3 steal from Phoenix Point (the targeting system primarily), but I think I still prefer XCOM.
I really like the tactical system of PP. I wish there was a way to set on an AI "Bradford"(?) to manage things at a strategic level and just leave me to manage my soldiers and fight my battles.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

TheMix wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:14 pm You do get that in a lot of the missions (the rescue missions come to mind), but usually I was on my way out by that time. You don't really want to be hanging around. A couple of times I had a spawn right near one of my guys, but most of the time they were on the other side of the map and not really an issue.

You won't get 'flooded' with additional mobs.
Played through the tutorial and completed one "recover supplies" mission which includes endless spawning mobs. You're right, it's not bad and the missions on only took 5-8 turns so I only got a few spawned mobs to deal with.

So far I'm enjoying PP far more than X-Com2.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Out Now: Phoenix Point: Complete Edition, Including Steam Workshop Mod Support: All DLC, All Updates and Mod Support Available
Today is the release of our free Hastur update, which brings Steam Workshop support to Phoenix Point, as well as the release of the Phoenix Point: Complete Edition bundle, where you can own the game and all six DLC packs in one easy purchase or upgrade!
But even though official updates are ending, we hope to see Phoenix Point continue to rise thanks to mod support with our Steam Workshop integration, rolling out today as well. We can’t wait to see what the community will bring to enhance Phoenix Point for a long time.

If you’ve been following us and are STILL on the fence about buying the game or know someone who is, you can now officially try before you buy! Today, we’re also releasing a free demo version of Phoenix Point on Steam, which you can find on the game's store page.

And, as one last thank you, we’ve unlocked all cosmetic soldier skins automatically for everyone, regardless of where or when you purchased Phoenix Point, for use in your campaigns (no code inputs necessary). That includes our previous console-only “Neon” skins from PlayStation and Xbox, alongside two brand new skins, the Aztec Priest and the Pandoran Technician. Now, every class can sport a bit more flair on the battlefield… and yes, that Priest head mutation gives a bit of an advantage. 😉
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

By the way, on the new Steam workshop page for PP there is only one mod right now, it's from the devs, called Custom Campaign
This example mod includes additional options for those looking to customize new campaigns. Options are accessible in mod settings for further customization.

After subscribing to this mod (and any other mod) you need to restart your game for the mod to appear.

Changes will be part of the campaign's save, and changing mod settings will not affect already started/saved campaigns.

Options available in the mod include:

- Increase the number of Starting Resources available or set it to 0 for no resources as the ultimate challenge.
- Increase or decrease the Tactical Difficulty separately from the overall Geoscape difficulty level. Note, that Alien Evolution Speed will be in sync with this value.
- Adjust the Mission Threat level
- Set how many Starting Soldiers you begin the game with.
- Increase, decrease or turn off the timer around the human population loss.
- Set a faster or instant speed for manufacturing items.
- Toggle whether weapons require ammo, though reloading is still required.
- Adjust the Ambush chance when exploring points of interest, or set to 0 for no ambushes.
- Set how often haven defenses will be attacked by Pandorans, or set to 0 for no haven attacks.

(Default values for % based settings are 100% / Default values for modifiers are 0)
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Owned this for years, but now it is complete. Time to dig in...
Exodor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:17 pm So far I'm enjoying PP far more than X-Com2.
Played through some of the tutorial tonight and surprise, surprise, surprise... 25 years I have waited for Incubation 2.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Browsing through my Epic Games, I see that somewhere along the line, my game changed to Complete Edition though I never paid for upgrade. But then I look at the DLC and it all says available but then doesn't install. :(

I was actually going to come back to this game. Uninstalling and reinstalling. And boy is the UI for EPIC slooowww.

Edit uninistall reinstall = same weirdness. Each DLC says available. Then I click on it and then it goes to a website and says unavailable.