Stupid Windows Update Broke my (Network) Printer!

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

Stupid Windows Update Broke my (Network) Printer!

Post by Kasey Chang »

Had a windows update day before yesterday, let it install normally.

Today, I can't print. Printed fine yesterday. Print queue's fine, just none of the traffic is getting through somehow.

Deleted the printer and try to re-add it... Except it doesn't see the printer over the network. WTF?

Downloaded new set of drivers and tried to do wireless setup. The "LAN Assistant" should have automatically detected the printer and added it. Did NOT work. Says not found. WTF...

Did a couple searches online, decided Windows update broke the printer, so I have to undo the changes. Did that.

Then tried printer auto setup again, still doesn't work.

Tried disable firewall against internal traffic, assuming it was network problem. Did not work.

Realized printer is holding TCP/IP address from DHCP, so I can enter IP address directly for setup. That sorta worked.

FINALLY got the driver to install... Except it only installed the SCANNER driver, not the PRINTER driver. And since it's installed, it won't add it again.

Had to add the printer, "not in list" then enter IP address again, and finally, it started printing.

Took, oh... 4+ hours?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds