[Apple TV] For All Mankind

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

[Apple TV] For All Mankind

Post by Jaymann »

I got 3 months free subscription with my new phone (some Angels game are only on this app :evil:). Started watching this show and it's not bad. It's an alternate history where the Soviets were first to the moon. The stuff with the Mexican fire starter girl is kind of hokey, but the Tom Lehrer Vernher von Braun song is priceless.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Re: [Apple TV] For All Mankind

Post by hepcat »

It’s a cookbook!

…wait…wrong one.
He won. Period.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I'm in season 2 and dig it quite a bit. It's fun for them to imagine what advances would have been pulled earlier in a continuing space race.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm still midway through season 1, but am loving it so far. Would probably be interesting to hear jztemple's thoughts. :)
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I found the first two episodes really slow and plodding with occasional moments of enjoyment. Then it picks up but then slows down again. Overall I really like the show, but I think some of the subplots they chose to focus on were a little tedious and dragged the show down. I do expect that some of these things that I found boring will pay off over the long haul, like the aforementioned Mexican fire starter girl (lol I don’t know what that means).

It’s odd because usually I’m a sucker for the soap opera stuff, but in this show I just want to see the space content. I really want to just jump forward to season 3 where I heard they are going to Mars or something?

Oh and side note for fans of The Boys, I found it kind of ironic…. (Spoiler for BOTH shows)
Spoiler:
That same actress who got blasted by her son in The Boys kind of got her son killed in this show. Ouch! She’s just bad news all around I guess.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

FYI. Haven't seen it yet but season 4 started in Friday.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us