Euro Truck Simulator 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by jztemple2 »

Alefroth wrote:That's nice. I thought it odd that Spain and most of France were omitted.
In my mind, SCS probably still sees ETS2 as a money maker because not only are a lot of folks not interested in American Truck Simulator, but seeing how slowly ATS seems to be planned to be rolled out, I think folks who first came to SCS by getting ATS might be lured into picking up ETS2 while they wait for a few more states to be added to ATS. Certainly I plan on picking up the new DLC.

Maybe when SCS rolls out the France DLC they will also offer an ETS2 Gold edition with all the DLC to date.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

This is the DLC I have been waiting to get! Having lived in France, I really hated not being able to drive the awesome landscape of Provence. It sounds like we will be getting the entire place! I look forward to bring a load of... hmm... heroin completely legal cargo to Marseille.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Taking a ride with a friend (click image to enlarge)

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another DLC, and this time you can get it for free if you have 50 hours or more in the game... Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack DLC
We are bringing you the very first officially licensed set of five trailers for Euro Truck Simulator 2. We've been in discussions with the Schwarzmüller Group to make this set since our trip to IAA 2014, so you can see it's taken us some time to finalize the licensing arrangement and to produce the content for the game. The resulting 3D trailer models are highly detailed and have been designed in accordance with technical references. All told we are excited to say that we're raising the bar on quality again!

Here's the Steam Store link to Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack DLC. The trailers in this set include the Food Cistern, Curtain Sider, Low Bed, Refrigerated Trailer, and Logging Trailer. The Schwarzmüller Group develops, builds, and services commercial vehicles that are ideal for highly competitive and demanding businesses.

As this is the first official content of this type, to celebrate the occasion we have agreed to make another PR stunt and give away 30 thousand activation keys for the new DLC to veteran players of Euro Truck Simulator 2. This could be another case study for future licensing talks and help us prove to brand owners that it's cool the be a part of our games' universe.
By the way, you don't have to do the last four actions (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube stuff). Just by clicking the first entry to confirm that you have fifty hours of gameplay according to Steam and the key will be presented to you. However, by doing the other items it might help to encourage more of these freebies.

And don't wait too long, those 30,000 free keys won't last forever :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And a new freebie DLC pack for the holidays, but you have to earn it! Grand Gift Delivery 2016
Somehow, a pair of really bad, malicious, and spiteful Christmas spirits escaped from Santa’s magical leashes, and now they are nowhere to be found. Various national legends call them different names – Grinch, Jólakötturinn a.k.a. the Christmas Cat, Hans Trapp, Belsnickel, Père Fouettard, Krampus or Grýla. Reports from around the globe suggest that this time, they’ve taken on the form of two dragons, and that they have already started doing their usual mischiefs. Unfortunately, Santa Claus is the only one wielding the power to put them on a leash again. But Santa is supposed to be loading his sleigh at this very moment with his magical cargo, he certainly does not have any time now for tracking and catching these spirits!
Unless... we all lend our helping hand!

It is up to us, dear fellow truckers. If there is anybody qualified to help with this long haul gift logistics business, it's us! Our help can provide Santa with much needed relief to hunt these “dragons” down. Will you help us save Christmas?

Together, we will prevail. And there is something to look forward to as well! Our reward will be more than just feeling proud about saving Xmas. Santa himself has promised to return the favor. Once the dragons are in chains again, he will offer to permanently decorate our mighty diesel beauties with the touch of these dragon forms.

Enlarge Image

Here come the rules of this Christmas Event:

Deliver gifts to at least 10 DIFFERENT cities across European and American continents. Log in to your World of Trucks account to begin.

Reward: Event-exclusive Dragon Truck Design DLC Steam keys, one for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and one for American Truck Simulator, plus a special World of Trucks achievement.

Euro Truck Simulator 2:

2 Exclusive Paintjobs
Front Wheel Hub Cover
Rear Wheel Hub Cover
Exclusive Dragon Designed Interior Backlight

American Truck Simulator:

2 Exclusive Paintjobs
Front Wheel Hub Cover
Rear Wheel Hub Cover
Exclusive Steering Wheel

Game updates 1.26.3 for ETS2 and 1.5.2 for ATS is required for participating in the event.

You will not be able to buy this DLC, it has to be earned!

Everyone who passes the requirements will get keys of this DLC for both games, even if you don't have one of these games yet.

Please, put on your warmest coat, grab some hot chocolate or coffee, and start your engine. We have some work to do!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Some pretty interesting changes in the newest beta release have just hit:
MAIN FEATURES
-Country Specific Police Cars AI
-Trailer Liftable Axles
-Differential Lock
-Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
-Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)
-Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch)
http://store.steampowered.com/news/exte ... 8157100382

As for the engine simulation model, I'm noticing a pretty big difference. A truck can no longer accelerate in an unrealistic manner anymore, rather it feels like it pulls more naturally like a real truck would.

Differential Lock should help immensely. I've gotten stuck in the mines and some of the pickup areas in the Scandanavia DLC due to uneven terrain leaving my tires spinning and having to cancel a job because of it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
KDH

Post by KDH »

:ugeek: .. blog.scssoft.com_doubles
Today we have an announcement that should make many of our fans happy. After quite some years of internal discussions and frankly some frustrations and struggles to have the gameplay as well as technical side of multi-trailer physics support ironed out, we finally feel ready to reveal fresh info about our progress on doubles.

It has taken us a long time, but hope never dies! We are polishing double trailers for inclusion in the next major updates for Euro Truck Simulator 2 as well as for American Truck Simulator. We have a few pictures for you to prove that we are serious...

Our games' fans have patiently (or not so patiently) waited for double trailers for a long time, and the wait should not be that long any more. The new trailers and physics improvements will be a part of the next big "point release" update of both games. Our hope is to release the updates in early summer. It's going to be a FREE update.

Meanwhile, we are also wrapping up work on Heavy Cargo packs both for ETS2 and for ATS, which are going to be paid DLCs, comparable to our existing High Power Cargo Pack DLC. So if you are into cargo transport in particular, there is a ton of cool stuff to look forward to!
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Ain't nobody got time for that
KDH

Post by KDH »

... Image

:auto-swerve: ... SCS Software announces .. Bella Italia DLC
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
We are proud to announce the "Euro Truck Simulator 2: Italia" map expansion. Our ETS2 map design team is working on it with maximum effort, and we are looking forward to bringing you our rendition of beautiful Italy with its rich history and modern industry.

You are most likely aware that the game already contains several cities from northern Italy. These areas of the game world will receive an extra layer of polish to coincide with the DLC release so even players who decide to wait with the purchase of the new DLC will benefit from a partial upgrade of the game map.

Our map designers have fallen in love with the new region right from the research stages - there are so many diverse environments to combine! From tall mountains to the shores of the seas, from manicured farmland to wilder and more arid places, it was clear that we are looking at quite a challenging and demanding task. We tried our best to depict the typical features of Italy from behind the wheel, like roads leading through the Apennines, where tunnels and bridges alternate with scenic vistas and curvy segments, opening the view to distant horizons. The geography and shape of Italy have also led to a relatively high concentration of cities and industries in the new DLC.

If everything goes according to the plan, we expect to release this latest Euro Truck Simulator 2 map expansion towards the end of this year. We hope that you will be as excited about our work as we are, and appreciate our efforts to show Italy for what it is: Bella Italia!
STEAM page .. Coming later this year

I can't wait to deliver Gondolas to Venice
Ain't nobody got time for that
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I haven't picked up the France expansion yet as I kind of burned out on ETS2. However, with the very slow release of expansions for American Truck Simulator I might just go ahead later this year and pick up France and Italy at the same time and spending the holidays delivering gifts, like I did last year.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Five years since my last post? I played the game back in 2019 for awhile, then put it away again. However, I just picked up Iberia and Road to the Black Sea on the Steam Summer Sale and thought I'd give it a go once again. Turns out that I restarted in 2019 so I have very little of the map explored and not much money. No problem, I built an empire in American Trucking Simulator from the same humble beginnings.

Right now I'm tooling through Sardinia
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

First, for those interested, the Euro Truck Simulator 2: 1.45 Open Beta is now available. A number of new features are being added, check out the beta if you'd like to participate.

Next, till they release Texas and/or Montana for American Trucking Simulator, I'm going to be sticking with ETS2. As I've mentioned I haven't played it in three years and a lot of stuff has been added to the map. In this post I'll highlight some of the lesser items you might see driving around. I'm driving in Corsica right now:

These three markers are warning me not to drive over that spot. I really, really wanted to do that :D
Enlarge Image

Oops, looks like someone blew a tire!
Enlarge Image

Mmm, bonbons.
Enlarge Image

Looks like that trailer has seen better days
Enlarge Image

Horsies! Maybe they live in those trailers?
Enlarge Image

Typical job site, one guy working, two guys watching the one guy working.
Enlarge Image

Where old truckers go...
Enlarge Image

It never hurts to advertise your merchandise store, even in-game :D
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Driving in southern France. Lot of things happening on the roadways to disrupt traffic.

Oops, a road accident! I slow down so the cops can see my space walk paint job :wink:
Enlarge Image

That's not going to buff out!
Enlarge Image

Not a good day for small sedans on French highways
Enlarge Image

Showing off my astronaut bobble-head and space shuttle hanging toy.
Enlarge Image

Wait, is it supposed to look like that?
Enlarge Image

See that insignificant red and white barrier pole across the road? That thing is made of unobtainium. I ran my truck into one and it gave me thousands of euros worth of damage. And it didn't even damage the pole :roll:
Enlarge Image
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Nice monogrammed plate. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:00 am Nice monogrammed plate. :D
Gotta look good for all the speed cameras :wink:

Holy crap! How did they even have that plane on the trailer?
Enlarge Image

I hate waiting for traffic lights
Enlarge Image

A little rest area with a map
Enlarge Image

That looks bad as well:
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I love driving at sunset
Enlarge Image

But it's time to get some sleep at a nearby hotel.
Enlarge Image

Sunrise! Back to work
Enlarge Image

Picking a trailer with other trailers, how meta! Heading across the Channel to Plymouth, England.
Enlarge Image

Ah, the provincial life!
Enlarge Image
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

You sure see a lot more unique things than I do.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:39 am You sure see a lot more unique things than I do.
It's why I try to always drive during daylight. Also I have Random road events slider up to max and precipitation all the way to low. And I try to use the chase camera whenever I can and swing it around to get a better view of what is going by. Occasionally I do end up hitting something :roll:

So this is my preferred view, unless I'm in too much traffic.
Enlarge Image

On the way to the French Channel coast I see this, a tanker that is smoking. No time to hang around.
Enlarge Image

Some very impressive building
Enlarge Image

Time to add some fuel. And maybe a French Slim Jim (would that be a Slim Jacques?) and a coffee.
Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Check out that view!
Enlarge Image

At the port of Roscoff, north coast of France.
Enlarge Image

Lots of sailboats awaiting shipment. Maybe next time...
Enlarge Image

Getting on the ferry for Plymouth.
Enlarge Image

Must remember... Drive On Left
Enlarge Image

A nice little marina:
Enlarge Image

At my destination in Plymouth, ready to park the trailers.
Enlarge Image