The Biden Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

stimpy

Re: The Biden Presidency Thread

Post by stimpy »

LordMortis wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:32 am
stimpy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:25 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:45 am I don't have a party but your party can pound sand
Yeah....I'm the staunch Republican that voted for Carter, Clinton and Obama.......
At this point, that's sophistry. The context you engaged my post with was
I just think that the whole "my party good, your party bad" mentality
Enjoy your game of shells.
My post was in response to your "I disapprove of, but will still vote for....."
That kind of closed minded thinking is what keeps us where we are.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stessier

Post by stessier »

stimpy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:38 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:45 am I don't have a party but your party can pound sand
Yeah....I'm the staunch Republican that voted for Carter, Clinton and Obama.......
So I ask again - what is the other choice. It's not closed minded if there is only one choice.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

So not voting is the answer?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Alefroth wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:51 am
So not voting is the answer?
Not at all.
But completely shutting down any other option without doing any kind of investigation, just because.....party......is certainly not the answer.
Especially if you disapprove of the person you're voting for.
Doesnt make a lick of sense to me.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The one party wants to make voting pointless. So ya it's pretty easy to see why you would refuse to vote for any of them. Policy doesn't f'n matter right now. Hell I don't know if it will ever again. I do look forward to the much lauded healthcare plan that will get rolled out after they kick millions of people off coverage. :roll:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Octavious wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:36 pm Some of the candidates in one party wants to make voting pointless
Ftfy
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

147 in the house voted to throw out the election results because Trump made shit up. That's not a few people here and there. It's the majority of that party. Trump made an opening and they are going for it full force. So ya no screw them.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Octavious wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:00 pm It's the majority of that party..
And it's purging all dissenters, either by malice or cowardice. It's ever increasing its strength while reducing its need to be accountable to anyone but the power brokers that are expressly interested in disenfranchisement. The party can shrink but keep control and the playbook for this is sitting openly on the table for everyone to read. Supporting that party's change from within is nonstarter anymore. That cause is lost. Now the hope, the desire, the action needed is to save the nation from this disenfranchisement before its cause is lost and we become the full fledged oligarchy dreamed of by those power brokers among the GOP.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:48 pm
Octavious wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:36 pm Some of the candidates in one party wants to make voting pointless
Ftfy
Absolutely true. And the remainder are either unwilling or unable to stop them. So, in practice...
Octavious wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:36 pm The one party wants to make voting pointless.
UFTFY
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Back to talking about the Biden Presidency (potentially later to be renamed 'The Last Presidency') come 2025...

malchior

Post by malchior »

Biden losing to Trump on general ballot conducted *after* the 1st 1/6 hearing. It's grim folks. Biden is failing badly and the public is divided and apathetic.

YouGov poll
As inflation keeps rising and recession fears loom, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Joe Biden is currently in the worst shape of his presidency.

The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Biden is just flat out flailing now. They actually think doing ineffective things will buy them credibility. It's like they already memory holed when he turned on the spigot on the strategic reserve and got no results and no credit for the attempt. It's astounding how out of touch these people are.

It also seems they didn't even do the barest thinking about the timing from a political point of view. A three month tax break ends...just before the elections. Are they serious? The Republicans are going to be ready for that jump in price. I don't know what to think about his performance at times like this other than accept that his low poll ratings are mostly justified.

Washington Post
President Biden appealed to Congress on Wednesday to suspend the federal gas tax, saying it was critical to reduce the pain Americans are feeling at the pump. “I promise you I’m doing everything possible to bring the price of energy down,” Biden said, as images of oil pumps and gas stations flickered on the wall behind him.

But the notion of a gas tax holiday was met with instant criticism — not only from members of both parties on Capitol Hill, but even from many officials within the administration who said privately that it would probably do little to significantly lower gas prices.

Top Treasury Department officials expressed doubts about the gas tax holiday, and at least two top White House economists also privately conveyed reservations, according to two people familiar with the internal deliberations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to disclose sensitive conversations.

But Biden faces the reality that the seemingly intractable problem of rising prices is threatening to eclipse his agenda and any Democratic political message. Many inside the White House have concluded that the president must at least show he understands Americans’ suffering and is doing all he can to help, even if not everything works in the short term.

Still, that is not a universally held view. Eswar Prasad, an economist at Cornell University, said top officials at the Treasury Department have been clear in internal discussions that they believe Americans would probably see only limited benefits from a gas tax holiday, even if Congress were to enact one.

“Treasury has been approaching this from an analytical perspective, and people there realize that the direct economic benefits to consumers are likely to be quite limited, while the budgetary implications would be significant,” said Prasad, who served as an official at the International Monetary Fund, citing conversations with multiple senior officials.
Edit: This sums up Biden's continuing ineptitude perfectly.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m not sure who will be my choice in 2 years, but there is just zero chance I will do anything other than vote for the person that is running against the Republican candidate.

It’s like asking me who out of 2 guys would I like to date my daughter. Some obnoxious guy from her high school, or a convicted rapist/murderer who has made it clear he plans to dismember her.

So, I can be critical of this obnoxious guy from her high school all I want, but if I had only the two choices - it’s not even remotely up for question.

And the part that kills me, is that in the very bright light of the last 6 years, anyone (remotely decent) feels like Republicans are anything but criminals and fascists.

The level of ‘decent human’ that one needs to be seems so phenomenally low, I can’t believe it’s even a thing that’s up for debate.

Imagine a world where Trump physically assaulted the Queen of England. And we were wondering if the Democrats could present a candidate that could challenge him. I honestly feel what Trump did is actually quite a bit worse than that, and yet here we are.

Sigh... Not saying we shouldn’t be critical of Biden, but man. Have we (media/the people) actually lost sight of the existential threat to our country? I realize I’m preaching to the Malchior…
:)
malchior

Post by malchior »

It isn't about saying whether anyone should vote for Trump. I said it in the other thread, if Biden is anywhere near this shape in late 2023 then we have a real problem. Biden is potentially our last best chance to stave off real darkness. And unfortunately it looks like he is just another terrible President. Sure he is constrained. He has been hit with many crises. It's unfair. But it's the job he told us he was qualified for. The one he had been running for his entire life.

There have been many critics of his judgement over the years. And it looks like many were right. There was a reason he was passed up for Clinton. He wasn't the right choice then. It sure looks like he wasn't the right choice for this moment. It looks like he won't and can't rise to the challenge of this time. He isn't even coming close considering his abysmal performance to date. Unfortunately I've pivoted more to documenting and trying to convince folks that it is time to get ready for what is coming next. We're in the middle of a historic meltdown and it is harder day after day to ignore that it is indeed happening.
Unagi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:27 amSigh... Not saying we shouldn’t be critical of Biden, but man. Have we (media/the people) actually lost sight of the existential threat to our country? I realize I’m preaching to the Malchior…
:)
That's the thing. Biden is flailing in the face of that existential threat. He could turn it around but it simply doesn't look very good outcome wise.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Looking past the inevitable "anyone other than Trump" mindset and the fact that he inherited some issues and had others pop up during his term, is there anyone who voted for Biden that thinks he's actually doing a good job? With his many, many years of political experience, is he the leader you had hoped for? Does anyone think we're better off now as a nation then we were 2 years ago, other than speculating where you think we might have been had "he" won?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Are we better off now than we were two years ago? Not really. But you're oblivious if you think that comes down to who was president at the time. The world has changed a great deal, and the fact that most of what's wrong right now is affecting everyone globally easily disproves it's Biden's fault alone.

Is he a good leader? I'm not a big fan these days, but I doubt anyone short of another Obama can pull us up right now with a war going on, and a shipping crisis still rocking the world.

I will say that Trump's petty divisiveness, attempts at overthrowing a lawful election, and subsequent revenge tour definitely make me realize how fucking awful that asshole is.

As for Trump leading us successfully during these trying times?

Well.... :lol:
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump would have given Ukraine to Russia and destroyed NATO. No question Biden is better. But it’s Manchin and Sienna who are responsible for not enough progress.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:10 am
I will say that Trump's petty divisiveness, attempts at overthrowing a lawful election, and subsequent revenge tour definitely make me realize how fucking awful that asshole is.
As shocking as some may find it, I agree.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:11 am No question Biden is better.
But that wasnt the question.....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

stimpy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:58 am Does anyone think we're better off now as a nation then we were 2 years ago, other than speculating where you think we might have been had "he" won?
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

No, I don't think Biden's doing a particularly good job. Some of that is out of his control, but he's also not managing what is within his influence very well. I also think the situation would be infinitely worse, given the alternative.

Which is why I'm endlessly frustrated and annoyed that those could again be our only two choices next time. While I would never do it myself, I get why so many people are simply opting out of the election process entirely.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We're definitely not better off (ignoring the pandemic for now) than we were two years ago. But not because of Biden.

We've got a Supreme Court that has shifted so far right as to be unrecognizable, we've had two years of effort to continue to undermine democracy from the GOP, and rhetoric and hate against the LGBTQ community has reached a fever pitch. These are all trends that will only continue to worsen under Republican rule.

You can't on one hand blame Biden for getting nothing done while your party simultaneously has voted against every single thing he's tried to do to improve things. I know that's Republican playbook 101, but it is what it is.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stimpy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:58 am Does anyone think we're better off now as a nation then we were 2 years ago, other than speculating where you think we might have been had "he" won?
I don't understand how one could answer your question, as you frame it. Part of 'better off now' absolutely must consider the alternate trajectory.

If he was driving the car off the cliff, and we yanked the wheel at the last second and saved everyone, but we've got a broken suspension now and look at the gas prices!!! ... One could say the car was in better shape when he was last at the wheel... but that's ignoring a lot.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Fortunately the gas tax holiday is a nonstarter, because it's both ineffective and bad policy. Biden gets to claim that he tried to do something but that mean ol' Congress slapped him down. It's not very good theater, but maybe it's better than throwing up his hands and saying "eh, whaddaya gonna do?"
stessier

Post by stessier »

It does make it interesting that McConnel was arguing on the news that they had to keep a tax in place lest inflation get out of control. So the R's are now for higher taxes and the D's are for lower. I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

stessier wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:49 am It does make it interesting that McConnel was arguing on the news that they had to keep a tax in place lest inflation get out of control. So the R's are now for higher taxes and the D's are for lower. I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.
It's another way of saying, "Biden did this!" It's pinning inflation on the current administration.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 am We're definitely not better off (ignoring the pandemic for now) than we were two years ago. But not because of Biden.

We've got a Supreme Court that has shifted so far right as to be unrecognizable, we've had two years of effort to continue to undermine democracy from the GOP, and rhetoric and hate against the LGBTQ community has reached a fever pitch. These are all trends that will only continue to worsen under Republican rule.
Luckily the LGBTQ community has the right to bear arms everywhere now so that'll be helpful. :cry:
You can't on one hand blame Biden for getting nothing done while your party simultaneously has voted against every single thing he's tried to do to improve things. I know that's Republican playbook 101, but it is what it is.
I mean they can, will, and it'll probably work too.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

stimpy wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:58 am Looking past the inevitable "anyone other than Trump" mindset and the fact that he inherited some issues and had others pop up during his term, is there anyone who voted for Biden that thinks he's actually doing a good job? With his many, many years of political experience, is he the leader you had hoped for?
I hadn't hoped for anything, so meh on that. Doing a good job? Initial COVID response, yes. Response to Russia, yes. After that... Ummm....
Does anyone think we're better off now as a nation then we were 2 years ago, other than speculating where you think we might have been had "he" won?
I think we're not much worse, which in its own way is much better. One may say speculation, but we were headed to a very dark place and, in fact, still are. My vote is still dangerously close to being tossed out by my own state government with the help other state governments at the direction a federal GOP. You call it speculation. I call it fighting for my rights.
Zarathud wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:11 am Trump would have given Ukraine to Russia and destroyed NATO. No question Biden is better.
That is the path and it wasn't speculative.
Unagi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:25 am Part of 'better off now' absolutely must consider the alternate trajectory.
And the other two branches of government after he changed the trajectory of the Executive branch, even exerting (heh, yeah right) his influence over Congress.
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 am It's another way of saying, "Biden did this!" It's pinning inflation on the current administration.
Absolutely. Someone here posted the oil execs talking about returning capital to investors rather than investing or keeping prices down and then seeing these same execs blaming POTUS. Now, you can't blame oil for returning money in buybacks and dividends. But you can't blame POTUS while consciously not blaming the industry. And I've had that disconnect conversation too many times. Oil prices are what they are. We just need to thank our stars that the pumps aren't shut down. Food security OTOH, is going to be a thing real soon, I suspect. Biden will take the blame when that blame (not food inflation blame but food security) goes to Putin and those who praise his ego and admire him.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

[/quote]]Newsom doing what I've been saying Harris should be doing for a year - be Biden's Attack Dog:
Newsom argues, the GOP is counting on complacency to erode voting rights, scapegoat minorities, conjure conspiracies and undermine democracy.

But after POLITICO revealed the leaked Supreme Court draft overturning Roe v. Wade, Newsom unloaded on Democrats, asking outside a Planned Parenthood office last month, “Where the hell is my party? Where’s the Democratic Party? … Why aren’t we calling this out? This is a concerted, coordinated effort. And, yes, they’re winning.”...

... Newsom is now planning to do what he demanded of fellow Democrats: directly engage with Republicans in those culture wars. His most attention-grabbing idea so far is one he pitched staff on his own. He joined Truth Social, Trump’s social media platform, where he’s since gone after the GOP on red state murder rates. The governor’s team also has discussed going on Fox News, with one adviser arguing that for Newsom, “it’s about the feeling we’re getting our asses kicked; that the Trumpers are owning the libs and we have to get into the fighting mode and make this a choice.”

Added another person close to Newsom: “He resents that shit [and] wants to push back on that narrative because he has the facts on his side.”

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, who helped give Newsom his start in politics in the mid-90s, said he was merely “telling it like it is.”

“He is literally echoing what lots of us think: Our party doesn’t have a message that’s registering with voters,” Brown said.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd forgotten about Harris. What is she doing?
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm Newsom doing what I've been saying Harris should be doing for a year - be Biden's Attack Dog:
Newsom argues, the GOP is counting on complacency to erode voting rights, scapegoat minorities, conjure conspiracies and undermine democracy.

But after POLITICO revealed the leaked Supreme Court draft overturning Roe v. Wade, Newsom unloaded on Democrats, asking outside a Planned Parenthood office last month, “Where the hell is my party? Where’s the Democratic Party? … Why aren’t we calling this out? This is a concerted, coordinated effort. And, yes, they’re winning.”...

... Newsom is now planning to do what he demanded of fellow Democrats: directly engage with Republicans in those culture wars. His most attention-grabbing idea so far is one he pitched staff on his own. He joined Truth Social, Trump’s social media platform, where he’s since gone after the GOP on red state murder rates. The governor’s team also has discussed going on Fox News, with one adviser arguing that for Newsom, “it’s about the feeling we’re getting our asses kicked; that the Trumpers are owning the libs and we have to get into the fighting mode and make this a choice.”

Added another person close to Newsom: “He resents that shit [and] wants to push back on that narrative because he has the facts on his side.”

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown, who helped give Newsom his start in politics in the mid-90s, said he was merely “telling it like it is.”

“He is literally echoing what lots of us think: Our party doesn’t have a message that’s registering with voters,” Brown said.
:clap: At least for the message. I don't know enough about Newsom to know if I am more generally a fan. But I approve this message.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:34 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:42 pm Newsom doing what I've been saying Harris should be doing for a year - be Biden's Attack Dog:

:clap: At least for the message. I don't know enough about Newsom to know if I am more generally a fan. But I approve this message.
His ex-wife is Don Trump Jr's current fiance.

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:34 pm

IMHO, Newsom is essentially a Clinton Democrat. Generally Pro-Business/Fiscally Responsible, but with a decent sense of what is right and necessary per our Ideals (and the Courage to act on that).

Example being the first Mayor to see that Equal Protection (Federal and CA State) and Brown v Board pretty much says that Gay Marriage should be legal, and legalized it in SF as Mayor. But as Mayor he also got the ball rolling on Corporate Tax Cuts in the City to keep massive tenants like Twitter in the City.

He's also been really good at moving CA towards clean energy while not destroying the economy.

People love to gripe about Governors and Covid policies, but IMHO, he did it pretty well given how much of a sh*tshow it was.

He does listen to a lot of large industry folks in the State (cronyism allegations are there, but more than other Governors? I don't think so, but I could be wrong), but CA is running a massive surplus and GDP growth right now, without major tax hikes.

He was previously married to Guilfoyle (he's ambitious, and she may be even more ambitious) and he cheated on her (could be good or bad) during their divorce with his campaign manager's wife (very bad).

All in all, I'd support him for President, but I don't think he'll run. I don't know if he could win because of how anathema California is to Conservatives, but I also think CA tends to have to deal with just about every domestic issue before most other states, and I think we really need a break from Ivy League Presidents who revolve around either Texas or New York.

If there's ever a sane Republican who is Governor of CA (looking *really* unlikely, given the GOP now), there's a good chance I might vote for them too. I kind of think that the vast amount of Governing headaches CA deals with on a daily basis and the way CA deals with them may be the best path for the Country. Certainly better than DeSantis, or Cuomo (as illustrated after media fawning...).

Schwarzenegger was a decent Governor, but his worst impulses, mostly driven by some grifters in the GOP, were really bad - selling CA State Buildings/Property and leasing back for instance, or his initiative plan to prevent Unions from donating to campaigns, but not limit corporations, and ultimately, Schwarzenegger did not do a good job on the CA Economy and Budget. Both Brown and Newsom were the ones who truly balanced the budget without massive gimmickry and have been running both a surplus, and funding a rainy day fund for economic downturns (which he has a lot of money allotted to businesses and citizens in his current budget, not just for budgetary shortfalls, but in trying to mitigate the economic downturn - e.g. Proposal of hard cash to Californians to help with Gas Spikes).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newson holds the badge of honor of the GOP completely hating him.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

The Biden administration signaled Tuesday that it will develop a proposed rule to establish a maximum nicotine level in cigarettes and other tobacco products that will essentially lower the amount of nicotine in products available in the US. It is a step that no other administration has taken before and is one public health experts say would be transformative if enacted.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/21/health/b ... index.html
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 am Biden is potentially our last best chance to stave off real darkness.
Did you just copy and paste that from the 2016 election thread you lazy bastard!?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:03 pm I'd forgotten about Harris. What is she doing?
If she's smart, prepping for the pending political apocalypse (which in her case, probably means finding a nice ex-pat locale in another country).
She's a:
black
female
liberal
politician

I'm trying to think of a more hated/hunted specimen in the rising Gilead...maybe only add 'lesbian' or 'cross-dresser'...

If they were serious about hanging Mike "WASP-O-Rama" Pence, think what they would do to her in a Jan 6 type situation on a much larger scale? I can assure you her pic is on some "Lib terrorists playing cards" bs.
Holman

Post by Holman »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:03 pm I'd forgotten about Harris. What is she doing?
She's fine. Per GOP doctrine, she gets to unilaterally pick the next President.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:14 pm
malchior wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:48 am Biden is potentially our last best chance to stave off real darkness.
Did you just copy and paste that from the 2016 election thread you lazy bastard!?
No I lazily stole it from J. Michael Straczynski.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I can't help but focus on the snark in there. "The decision was released yesterday. Jeez, what did you guys expect! It's not like we had advance warning this was going to happen." I can't help but think we're looking at a historic crack up on the *left* in the face of continuing and bottomless malpractice.