Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Dave Allen

Re: Phoenix Point - from the creator of the X-COM series in the 1990s

Post by Dave Allen »

LordMortis wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:34 am Browsing through my Epic Games, I see that somewhere along the line, my game changed to Complete Edition though I never paid for upgrade. But then I look at the DLC and it all says available but then doesn't install. :(

I was actually going to come back to this game. Uninstalling and reinstalling. And boy is the UI for EPIC slooowww.

Edit uninistall reinstall = same weirdness. Each DLC says available. Then I click on it and then it goes to a website and says unavailable.
same thing happened to me, but the automatic update to complete edition already has all the dlc, so all the dlc is "unavailable" to download again. They need to remove those in-game links. Pretty cool to wait long enough to get all the dlc for free.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Weird.

I have the complete edition in my Library. But when I click the link to go to the Store page, it shows the "Buy" button. Clearly something is messed up on their end.

When I played it recently, I had some of the DLC (since I clearly had the Ancient weapons), but I definitely did not have the Festering Skies.

So I'm not actually sure what I have. I also have a link for the Upgrade Pack. Which also says "Buy" on the Store page. That one has a little note on the image that says "6 Add-ons" while my Complete image just has "2 Add-ons". So I wonder if you actually have to Install both to get the complete package. (Assuming that it will let you since the Store pages show the game as unpurchased...)

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Look in your Epic library. If it says you have the Partial Edition you are missing some of the content. :lol:

and for the unbelievers, copied from RPGWatch:
Phoenix Point: Complete Edition, the acclaimed strategy game from the creator of X-COM, is now assembled into the ultimate collection, including all DLCs, content updates, and more. Now including Steam Workshop mod support!
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've fired up the game again in Epic after not playing it in a year or more and holy smokes there are a lot of changes. There's a whole new Prologue, the interface has been improved, there are some new functions and some new enemies. And that's still in the Prologue.

And the third "mission" in the Prologue takes place in a captured Phoenix Point base, which is really pretty cool.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 pm I've fired up the game again in Epic after not playing it in a year or more and holy smokes there are a lot of changes. There's a whole new Prologue, the interface has been improved, there are some new functions and some new enemies. And that's still in the Prologue.

And the third "mission" in the Prologue takes place in a captured Phoenix Point base, which is really pretty cool.
I hadn't fired it up since the game was freshly a new release and I just played a bit today. I see the prologue changed, but my memory is we had to recapture a base and I've seen no new enemies. I'm trying to figure out if I have the DLC. I also need to find a way to turn off the multiple skins for the same equipment. It's already a chore to not have an excellent sort for equipment (that I can find), having three different looks for the same armor is just that much more I need to parse to make simple decisions... The least they could do is put all helmets side by side, leggings side by side, etc...

I'm not sure how far I need to advance to find out if the "available" DLC is actually included in my now "complete" version.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Three skins for the same armor? Are you sure?

There are three types of armor: heavy, assault, and sniper. They have different bonuses and penalties. Though, you should only be able to see the type(s) that your unit can wear based on his or her class. Assuming you have the toggle to only show class gear.

I looked through the DLC, and I don't see anything that brings new armor skins.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

sample here

https://www.nexusmods.com/phoenixpoint/mods/57

If you look at the sniper class armor you can see three different sniper helms. In actuality two of them are the same. Likely you have the feature turned off, which I just need to figure out how to do.

Edit: If I start over I can try turning off "use promotional skins"...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Although I have PP on Epic, I've decided to get it on Steam, one for the ease of the Steam workshop and B) because I'm trying to wean myself off Epic. Also I got PP cheap with a coupon on Epic so I feel like I'm not losing out so much.

Anyway, I'll be able to post about any issue with the Steam Complete Edition versus the Epic Complete Edition. And if I don't see anything worth the change I've got two gameplay hours to tinker with it and still get a refund :roll:

Also I'll be using that Custom Campaign mod to make some starting changes and report on how that works.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
RMC

Post by RMC »

I actually pre-ordered it or kickstarted it, or whatever prior to them becoming Epic exclusive, so I got it on Steam for free, and that's where I play it mostly. I have all the DLC on both platforms, wish I could gift one away. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:15 pm Although I have PP on Epic, I've decided to get it on Steam, one for the ease of the Steam workshop and B) because I'm trying to wean myself off Epic. Also I got PP cheap with a coupon on Epic so I feel like I'm not losing out so much.

Anyway, I'll be able to post about any issue with the Steam Complete Edition versus the Epic Complete Edition. And if I don't see anything worth the change I've got two gameplay hours to tinker with it and still get a refund :roll:

Also I'll be using that Custom Campaign mod to make some starting changes and report on how that works.
I've asked for a refund since I didn't see anything different in the Steam edition except that it does indeed show all the DLC is installed. Also there is a problem with both versions with setting video resolution that I find annoying. So no point spending extra money to be annoyed.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:48 pm sample here

https://www.nexusmods.com/phoenixpoint/mods/57

If you look at the sniper class armor you can see three different sniper helms. In actuality two of them are the same. Likely you have the feature turned off, which I just need to figure out how to do.

Edit: If I start over I can try turning off "use promotional skins"...
Ah. I don't have a Playstation or XBox. So I probably simply didn't get any of the promotional skins. So I didn't get any of that. Or it's a setting, but I don't remember seeing a setting.

Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This on Epic.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Right... but from that mod description:

"Unlocks all neutral faction and redeemable skins for manufacturing, including Playstation and Xbox exclusive skins."

So I assumed that some of the skins you were seeing were promotional ones. Point being, I didn't have any additional promotional skins. Presumably because I didn't interact with anything that offered them.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've played a couple of missions past the Prologue of the PP Complete version, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for that will tell me all five DLC are installed. If I select "Manage Add-Ons" on the Epic interface this is what I get. Maybe I'm too early in the Campaign to see the add-ons in action.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

:oops: So I am wrong. :oops:
I have Epic's NotGoingToUpdateAnyMore Edition. They should have called it The Finished Edition.
So I can complete my Complete Edition for $14.99, or buy the entire shebang on STEAM for $24.99.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

TheMix wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:47 pm Right... but from that mod description:

"Unlocks all neutral faction and redeemable skins for manufacturing, including Playstation and Xbox exclusive skins."

So I assumed that some of the skins you were seeing were promotional ones. Point being, I didn't have any additional promotional skins. Presumably because I didn't interact with anything that offered them.
I have none of that.
jztemple2 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:33 am I've played a couple of missions past the Prologue of the PP Complete version, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for that will tell me all five DLC are installed. If I select "Manage Add-Ons" on the Epic interface this is what I get. Maybe I'm too early in the Campaign to see the add-ons in action.
I don't even have the manage add ons option, but then I didn't get blood and titanium. I wonder if I should wait a few weeks to see if this updates. Though the devs seem to imply there will be no more changes.
Dave Allen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 am :oops: So I am wrong. :oops:
I have Epic's NotGoingToUpdateAnyMore Edition. They should have called it The Finished Edition.
So I can complete my Complete Edition for $14.99, or buy the entire shebang on STEAM for $24.99.
How did you figure that out. I also see that I can addon to my complete edition to my complete edition for $14.99 but then it says I can also buy the complete edition in addition to my complete edition $24.99. I am beginning to be reminded why I don't really buy games from Epic.

My complete edition claims to have all five DLC but I cant actually use them.

Enlarge Image

If you click on available then it takes you to an epic webpage that says unavailable. "Year One Edition". So I think if I want the full game I have to go spend $25 on Steam. No biggee. I never felt entitled to the DLC, even if I was annoyed at the DLC release timeline vs the state of the post release game.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Dave Allen wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:37 am :oops: So I am wrong. :oops:
I was a Kickstarter backer and got my code from that for Epic. I also got a Steam code, but not sure how/where. My Epic version updated to say "Complete Edition" right on the icon. But my Steam version is not. So that should be a quick visible marker which version you have.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:09 pm I've asked for a refund since I didn't see anything different in the Steam edition except that it does indeed show all the DLC is installed. Also there is a problem with both versions with setting video resolution that I find annoying. So no point spending extra money to be annoyed.
There's been an update on this issue...
Thank you for reporting the problem. We are sorry and will fix it.

Meanwhile here is a workaround how can you find correct resolution for your screen.

Start the game and go to Options - Video. Change screen mode to window.

Click few times on the left or right buttons next to needs text in the resolution. Apply button will appear. Click apply. It will change your resolution. Continue doing this until the window covers your whole screen. Once the window covers your whole screen you found the right resolution. Change screen mode back to full screen.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:14 am How did you figure that out...
Installed size.