RIP Anne Heche

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

RIP Anne Heche

Post by Isgrimnur »

Page Six: Actress Anne Heche severely burned in fiery car crash
Anne Heche was involved in a fiery car crash on Friday that has left her “severely burned” and “intubated” in the hospital, TMZ reports.

The “Vanished” actress, 53, was reportedly driving her blue Mini Cooper down a suburban street in Los Angeles around noon when she crashed into the garage of an apartment complex.

According to the outlet, bystanders tried to help Heche exit the vehicle, but she allegedly backed up and drove off before crashing into another home where her car became “engulfed” in flames.

It appears that Heche may have been under the influence of alcohol, as bottle with a red cap was seen in the car’s cup holder shortly before the accident. However, the Los Angeles Police Department could not immediately be reached.
Sources told TMZ that Heche is currently intubated in the hospital, but “expected to live.”
Last edited by Isgrimnur on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
dbt1949

Re: Actress Anne Heche severely burned in fiery car crash

Post by dbt1949 »

Sounds pretty serious. What possessed her to drive like that? Drunk or drugs I suppose.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well that sucks. Did it to herself though.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I have some sympathy, at a base level... but if she was drunk and driving around a suburb at noon - she could have killed a lot of people.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

AND if, as reported, she tried to flee the scene of the initial accident.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Or, if not fleeing, she was so high that she had no clue what she was doing. That video showed her absolutely flying down a residential street.

/edit - a quick search suggests that she was doing 90 in a residential area.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wikipedia suggests that she has suffered from mental illness for most of her life, including a weird episode of entering a stranger's house and behaving as if she planned to stay a long time.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:41 pm Wikipedia suggests that she has suffered from mental illness for most of her life, including a weird episode of entering a stranger's house and behaving as if she planned to stay a long time.
Ellen Degeneres's house?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Ha!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not doing well:
Anne Heche’s condition is far graver than it appeared over the weekend, a rep for the Emmy-nominated actor told Deadline.

“At this time Anne is in extreme critical condition. She has a significant pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that require surgical intervention,” the rep said in a statement. “She is in a coma and has not regained consciousness since shortly after the accident.”

The new statement comes two days after Heche’s publicist released an encouraging statement Saturday listing her as being “in stable condition.” Still, Heche’s family at the time asked for “thoughts and prayers.”
I've never heard of "extreme critical condition" but it doesn't sound good.
There has been a lot of speculation about Heche’s condition before the crash as she was filmed driving erratically and speeding in the minutes prior to the accident, including getting into another, minor car accident, blocks from the crash site. A podcast featuring Heche, in which she is heard slurring her speech, was released Friday, and has been linked to the crash online. That podcast was recorded Tuesday, sources told Deadline.

Earlier Monday, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Annie Hernandez told City News Service that investigators obtained a warrant for a blood draw from the actress following the Friday crash that left her car fully inside the Mar Vista home, which caught fire and was largely destroyed.

Neighbors of the woman whose home was destroyed in the crash, Lynne Mishele, have started a GoFundMe page to assist her, raising more than $75,000 as of Monday afternoon. According to the page, Mishele “very narrowly escaped physical harm” in the crash, but the home was destroyed and she lost “her entire lifetime of possessions.”
Maybe next year, maybe no go
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Maybe she won't live long enough to hear people tell her how stupid she was.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Potential update on her situation:
Actress Anne Heche is now being investigated for felony driving under the influence after a fiery crash in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles last week, the Los Angeles Police Department said Thursday.

The crash was originally investigated as a misdemeanor, but the case was updated to a felony after a victim came forward, Officer Annie Hernandez told KTLA.

Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Heche was under the influence of cocaine and possibly fentanyl.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

A victim? Like the person whose home and possessions were destroyed in the fire that resulted from her parking her flaming wreck in their living room?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, it wasn't a flaming wreck till it arrived at her house. It's the home owners own fault.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:25 pm Well, it wasn't a flaming wreck till it arrived at her house. It's the home owners own fault.
Yes but was there someone having sex in the back?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:54 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:25 pm Well, it wasn't a flaming wreck till it arrived at her house. It's the home owners own fault.
Their position preference has nothing to do with it!!
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:54 pm
Depends on who their insurance carrier was.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

I find this situation incredibly sad. Yes, Anne was wrong and should do jail time, but she's also destroyed her life in multiple ways. To see someone, *cough*, crash and burn in such a horrifying and unredeemable way is really awful. She destroyed her career, her reputation and her health in seconds, all because she was having a bad day and went out of control. :cry:
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

She's not coming back. She's being kept on life support while it's determined if her organs are donatable.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Apollo wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:18 pm I find this situation incredibly sad. Yes, Anne was wrong and should do jail time, but she's also destroyed her life in multiple ways. To see someone, *cough*, crash and burn in such a horrifying and unredeemable way is really awful. She destroyed her career, her reputation and her health in seconds, all because she was having a bad day and went out of control. :cry:
She's had a long battle against addiction and mental health issues. It really is sad to see it end with her demons winning. I had a huge crush on her when I was younger and first saw her in some rom com that I caught one night on late night TV when I couldn't sleep. She was just beautiful and quite talented.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 am She's not coming back. She's being kept on life support while it's determined if her organs are donatable.
How did you come to that conclusion?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

stessier wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:32 am
Alefroth wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:21 am She's not coming back. She's being kept on life support while it's determined if her organs are donatable.
I'm guessing this.
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

hepcat wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:13 am
Apollo wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:18 pm I find this situation incredibly sad. Yes, Anne was wrong and should do jail time, but she's also destroyed her life in multiple ways. To see someone, *cough*, crash and burn in such a horrifying and unredeemable way is really awful. She destroyed her career, her reputation and her health in seconds, all because she was having a bad day and went out of control. :cry:
She's had a long battle against addiction and mental health issues. It really is sad to see it end with her demons winning. I had a huge crush on her when I was younger and first saw her in some rom com that I caught one night on late night TV when I couldn't sleep. She was just beautiful and quite talented.
Agreed. What a horrible, tragic ending. I will miss her.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Really sad story for everyone involved except her organ recipients, if any there be.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Apollo wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:12 am
Agreed. What a horrible, tragic ending. I will miss her.
Yeah. Agree. She clearly had issues that she simply couldn't over come. :(

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

stessier wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:32 am
ya shall see. If you watched the video of them carting her away from the crash she clearly sits upright waving her arms about in a drunk looking movement. Of course once that all passes and the burn problems set in she could still die from it.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Octavious

Re: RIP Anne Heche

Post by Octavious »

From the sounds of her injuries I'm not so sure she would have wanted to survive. She was probably burned head to toe. Sad story, but at least nobody else was killed.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I hope her estate is forced to compensate the victim of her actions.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The one with Harrison Ford as an island hopper pilot? She was quite hot in that (IMO).
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Most sites aren't reporting her as dead yet. Maybe this story was broken by the same guy who covered Tony Dow.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Guardian
The US actor Anne Heche has died, a week after she was critically injured in a car crash, a friend has said in an Instagram post.

Nancy Davis wrote on Instagram: “Heaven has a new Angel. My loving, kind, fun, endearing and beautiful friend @anneheche went to heaven. I will miss her terribly and cherish all the beautiful memories we have shared.

“Anne was always the kindest, most thoughtful person who always brought out the best in me … My heart is broken.”

The news was confirmed by a representative for her family to TMZ, who said in a statement “We have lost a bright light, a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend. Anne will be deeply missed but she lives on through her beautiful sons, her iconic body of work, and her passionate advocacy. Her bravery for always standing in her truth, spreading her message of love and acceptance, will continue to have a lasting impact.”
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:01 pm
The one with Harrison Ford as an island hopper pilot? She was quite hot in that (IMO).
It was actually even earlier. I looked it up and it was called Pie in the Sky. Not a film I'd recommend to anyone, but she rose to the top of my crush list at the time thanks to that one.

Hopefully she's at peace now. RIP.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Looking down her list of credits, I would have seen her in one episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles years ago. That is the only thing on the list I have ever seen.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:28 pm Looking down her list of credits, I would have seen her in one episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles years ago. That is the only thing on the list I have ever seen.
For me, it'd be her role in Nip/Tuck. Which is a show I always have a fond spot for. Otherwise, I've seen a few of her other roles but they never stuck out to me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

She used to play twin sisters in my wife soap opera.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

The only movie I really remember her in was Six Days Seven Nights.

Apparently she was in quite a few episodes of Everwood, which I watched - the whole show - but I don't remember her in it at all.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:28 pm Looking down her list of credits, I would have seen her in one episode of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles years ago. That is the only thing on the list I have ever seen.
That’s one more than I’ve seen. Surprised her filmography is so full…I guess she was just in movies and shows that didn’t appeal to me.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I only saw her in two or three movies and was unimpressed. Still RIP.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

gilraen wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:32 pm The only movie I really remember her in was Six Days Seven Nights.
That’s the one I was referring to above.