[Amazon] The Boys

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: [Amazon] The Boys

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't have much to add other than S3 was awesome. No idea where it's all going but I hope it continues.

It does make me wonder if Seth Rogen was trying to go for the same "feel" with Preacher on AMC, but he didn't have the same creative freedoms Amazon is apparently giving him. Don't get me wrong, Preacher was still pretty wild, but nothing like The Boys. He was also a writer for Preacher and an Executive Producer for the Boys, so not exactly the same but I do think it's notable that he is involved with both projects.

Regardless, I hope Amazon keeps the money rolling - it's a great show.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JCC

Post by JCC »

Came along fairly late to this season due to watching some other stuff. (Started on it a couple weeks ago.) After the first couple episodes it didn't quite grab me like the first 2 seasons did, it took me a while to continue. But, things got better (for me) very quickly after that. Great series, and quite an ending. It will be another long wait for season 4.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:48 am I don't have much to add other than S3 was awesome. No idea where it's all going but I hope it continues.

It does make me wonder if Seth Rogen was trying to go for the same "feel" with Preacher on AMC, but he didn't have the same creative freedoms Amazon is apparently giving him. Don't get me wrong, Preacher was still pretty wild, but nothing like The Boys.
The casting for Cassidy is still one of the all time great ones.

Man, I miss Preacher. :(
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, that was good TV. The only disappoint was...
Spoiler:
Starlight. All that build up and she... pushed Soldier Boy over.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:20 am
:wub:

Edit: Okay, watched it. It was fantastic.
Spoiler:
I loved the constantly shifting motivations towards the end. It was all over the place, but felt realistic all the same. I am a bit confused as to how Maeve was able to jam a piece of metal into Homelander’s eardrum, but I guess that part of him isn’t as tough as the rest. I also found it a little unbelievable that Starlight has never been around lights that bright before. You’d think Vought would have done that numerous times for the ratings by now. But these are both just nit picking.
Also, this is The Deep every season.

Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If anyone's interested in reading the graphic novel collection that started it all, they're all on sale on Humblebundle.com
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

We finally got around to finishing this last night and that was... something. I enjoyed it. I will say, the warning and build up for Herogasm was... kind of silly. I mean the first episode was away more disturbing and had my wife thinking we should just turn it off. I'm glad she stuck it out. I kind of wish they didn't make Homelander so... umm... how do I say this outside of R&P? Yeah, I guess I don't. Looking forward (read: terrified to see) to what comes next with the kiddo.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
EvilHomer3k
Forum Moderator

Post by EvilHomer3k »

I think the show is good but I'm getting tired of the same villain over and over.
Spoiler:
After this I don't see any way for them to ever beat Homelander and I worry that it's going to just keep going on and on like The Walking Dead or that it will have an ending that's exceedingly disappointing like GoT. It feels like this season should have been the end .
That sound of the spoon scraping over the can ribbing as you corral the last ravioli or two is the signal that a great treat is coming. It's the washboard solo in God's own
bluegrass band of comfort food. - LawBeefaroni
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

EvilHomer3k wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:30 pm I think the show is good but I'm getting tired of the same villain over and over.
Spoiler:
After this I don't see any way for them to ever beat Homelander and I worry that it's going to just keep going on and on like The Walking Dead or that it will have an ending that's exceedingly disappointing like GoT. It feels like this season should have been the end .
Spoiler:
How about a cheesy redemption arc where he sacrifices himself to save humanity? :lol:
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

msduncan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:46 pm
EvilHomer3k wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:30 pm I think the show is good but I'm getting tired of the same villain over and over.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
How about a cheesy redemption arc where he sacrifices himself to save humanity? :lol:
Not sure this needs spoiling as it is purely conjecture of the future, but I guess it relies on knowledge of the finale...
Spoiler:
I am thinking he pushes back on Ryan on something and gets turned to red mist.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Spoiler:
Nah, this show has never been about just one villain. Remove Homelander, and there are dozens and dozens to take his place. Maybe not as powerful, but they don’t need to be. Storm Watch, Soldier Boy, etc..

And in my opinion, the show has always been about dysfunctional families. The “heroes” are secondary in light of that.

Then there’s Vought.
Spoiler:
I doubt Edgar is gone. And even if he is, I’m sure there’s others just as ruthless and smart in that company.
I also think the evolution of Homelander has been significant over the course of the last 3 seasons. He was unsure of himself at first and needed to be loved. But he’s slowly learning he doesn’t really need it….which is scary for….well….everyone.

Finally, there’s Ryan. He’s an absolute wild card.

I don’t feel like the show has overstayed its welcome. On the contrary, I think it’s actually starting to reveal what the real stories are at this point.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hepcat wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:31 pm I don’t feel like the show has overstayed its welcome. On the contrary, I think it’s actually starting to reveal what the real stories are at this point.
Yes.

It's like when you finally realize The Walking Dead isn't really about zombies.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:53 pm It's like when you finally realize The Walking Dead isn't really about zombies.
It's about characters you wish got eaten by zombies. :D
Black Lives Matter
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:31 am
Smoove_B wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:53 pm It's like when you finally realize The Walking Dead isn't really about zombies.
Fist Bump Not Cop being the main one. Which reminds me is she still on the show?
FTE
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Scraper wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:38 am
Jeff V wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:31 am
Fist Bump Not Cop being the main one. Which reminds me is she still on the show?
I'm not sure to whom you are referring, or even which show.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Wanna click it, not gonna click it! Behind the scenes stuff is like watching the sausage being made - it never looks the same afterwards.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For me, it makes the show even better. I love seeing how they do things, and I especially love gag reels.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Behind the scenes stuff is always fascinating - but afterwards, when I watch the show, I just the model, or the wires, or the greenscreen, or the greenscreen glove (or whatever) and whatever suspension of disbelief the movie gave me is gone. It's the same as when something splashes on the camera lens - it just reminds me that I'm watching through a camera.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That boy needs taken out. Unstable danger.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:20 pm It's the same as when something splashes on the camera lens - it just reminds me that I'm watching through a camera.
I always just assumed that my TV screen kept my room from getting splashed on.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:32 pm
I wish they’d stuck a little closer to the source material for Homelander. The final twist in the series was great. But they do a fantastic job of staying true to the spirit of the whole thing. Can’t wait for the new season!

And after rewatching all of season 1 of Invincible, I want that back too, dagnabit.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

S4 teaser trailer:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm so ready for this.

Also, that wasn't Hunter Biden, was it (@ 1:24)? :P