Halo 2 AI

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Roman

Halo 2 AI

Post by Roman »

Is it just me or is the AI horrible? I can be about 10 or so (game) feet away from the convenant and they will not shoot me?

Granted I have only played about 5-10 mins thus far......

Roman
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

What difficulty are you playing on? The AI's very good on Heroic.
Fafhrd

Post by Fafhrd »

Was its back turned? They wont shoot what the can't see. Ive played around with all the scenario's even on normal the AI seems to be pretty good, have tried it on Easy, if your finding it it a bit to easy, move the difficulty up a notch. Don't try it on Heroic unless your truely confident of your abilities.
Change is in the wind...
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

Yeah I'm on Heroic and it's been pretty tooth-and-nail the whole way through.
Roman

Post by Roman »

I am on Heroic - after a little while longer I am getting my ass handed to me on a platter.

Anyone else note that your recticle does not always turn red when you are firing on someone? Even if you are hitting one?

All gripes aside I am getting smoked here!

Roman
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The AI is more forgiving on normal this time. There's always a delay before they see you, and their field of view is smaller or something like that.

Annoying things you remember from Halo 1 on normal, like everyone always dodging your grenades 100% of the time or jumping out of the way of your warthog are now a lot less common.

I think heroic bumps up the AI to the level of Halo 1 along with the regular increased difficulty of heroic.

However, I've only played on normal, so I'm not sure about this, I'll try playing a few levels on heroic to see if there's really a difference. It may be due to the engine trade off, perhaps a few less cycles for the AI in exchange for smooth framerate with all these bump effects.