Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

Post by Smoove_B »

We've talked about it; no dedicated thread though.

Pre-load is up (release is 8/12) and keys are available from Green Man Gaming. :dance:

So far the reviews I've read are saying it's a solid, fun experience. A bit dated (the references), but on PC it looks absolutely beautiful. There were some reviewers saying optimization needed another pass and I'm hoping there's a patch tomorrow. I've already updated my video drivers, so all that remains is the waiting (the hardest part).

I'm pretty excited to play and glad to keep supporting more former console exclusives coming to PC.

Maybe next year, maybe no go
gbasden

Re: Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

Post by gbasden »

I was able to get a couple of hours in, and I've pleased so far. Performance is good and webslinging around the city is really fun once you get the hang of it. I never played the Playstation version so this is all new to me. I figured I would have to use a controller but thankfully mouse and keyboard work really well.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I have a little over two myself now and no experience with the PS version prior to playing. Really, really enjoying it - tone, controls, open world, etc...

It's reminding me a tiny, tiny bit of Crackdown on the Xbox360 probably because of the giant city and I'm just running around now collecting things, activating towers and stopping random crime events.

Feels like a winner.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I played through the PS version and completed everything in the game...enjoyed every minute and would have played more if I had anything left to do. Really great game!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

disarm wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:44 pm I played through the PS version and completed everything in the game...enjoyed every minute and would have played more if I had anything left to do. Really great game!
Ditto. I played through this game twice on the Playstation. It's really fun with a great story.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

gbasden wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm I figured I would have to use a controller but thankfully mouse and keyboard work really well.
Woot! Wishlisted bc of that comment.

Hopefully this shows up on Xbox Gamepass for PC.
wi111

Post by wi111 »

play for few hours so far it is feel very same same open world as others. may be because i just finish Horizen ZD n GOW 2018 not long ago. but the melee seem better than H:ZD. Running not bad on lowend spec. i should put it in backlog for another day when the openworld itch come up.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:27 am
gbasden wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 pm I figured I would have to use a controller but thankfully mouse and keyboard work really well.
Woot! Wishlisted bc of that comment.

Hopefully this shows up on Xbox Gamepass for PC.
Given that this is published by Sony, I wouldn't count on that any time soon. :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Given that MLB The Show is on GamePass, anything is possible.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

MLB The Show was mandated by the MLB to be on other platforms. Different situation entirely. If Sony had refused, they could have lost the license.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This game is so good. Web-slinging through the city is somehow relaxing - the nailed the movements perfectly. I'm still not the greatest at combat, but I'm having a blast - the side missions and random tasks in particular. Main story? Meh. But running around and just doing *stuff* as Spider-Man? The best.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Kermit The Frog Is Kicking Ass In The PC Version Of Spider-Man
The main reason Sony put Spider-Man on PC was to make money. However, the main reason PC gamers were so excited about it—apart from the fact it remains very good!—was because it would let them mod a PlayStation game to hell and back.

We’ve written a story about the game’s mods already, but the last one was a bummer, so today we’re here for something a bit more light-hearted: a mod that turns the in-game model of Spider-Man into Kermit the Frog.

That’s it. That’s the mod.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Finished the core game a few days ago and just finished the first DLC (of three). Immediately jumped into the second DLC and it's like I'm playing a new game - the DLC difficulty is off the charts. I verified my game didn't get reset to ultra (it was on normal) and after doing some quick searches it would seem I'm not the only one that noticed the insane ramp up in difficulty. That's unfortunate as I'm not sure I'll finish the game now. Was having a blast but this has taken it down a few pegs.

EDIT: Ok, lowering it to the lowest difficulty level has made it much better, but man...what an adjustment.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:21 pm Finished the core game a few days ago and just finished the first DLC (of three). Immediately jumped into the second DLC and it's like I'm playing a new game - the DLC difficulty is off the charts. I verified my game didn't get reset to ultra (it was on normal) and after doing some quick searches it would seem I'm not the only one that noticed the insane ramp up in difficulty. That's unfortunate as I'm not sure I'll finish the game now. Was having a blast but this has taken it down a few pegs.

EDIT: Ok, lowering it to the lowest difficulty level has made it much better, but man...what an adjustment.
I've hit a bug in the Vulture/Rhino fight that keeps crashing me out, sadly. I'm hoping to retry once I can finally get my new computer built.