Fantasy Football '22

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Dogstar

Fantasy Football '22

Post by Dogstar »

Just checking in to make sure that everyone is still on board for the Fantasy Football Masters League again this year. Ohio Ohanas were last year's champs!

It currently says that active teams are: Samurai Saints (me), Bay Area Brawlers, Cajun Foosballers, Dirty Jersey, Grim Gronks, MD Marauders, Ohio Ohana's, Y's Predicted Last Place, Rocket City Lassrbrains, and the Probes.

Draft is scheduled for Tuesday night, September 6, at 9pm EST.

The modified waiver system that we changed halfway through the year will be retained and playoff free agency will be unfettered.

If you can't/don't want to participate this year, please reach out via PM. I'm trying to avoid zombie teams. Additionally, if you're interested, and not yet in the league, or know someone that's interested, please PM me.

Good luck!
naednek

Re: Fantasy Football '22

Post by naednek »

I'm in! Appreciate the 6pm pacific time as well
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassrbrains good to go

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

In!
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

That's half so far!

So now we just need Rip, Sectoid, Baroquen, Dedewhale, plus one more to check in!

Again, if someone is interested in joining, please don't hesitate to PM!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

When is your draft?
Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Jeff V wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:13 am When is your draft?
Tue Sep 6 8:00pm CDT
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So, I have had to pick 12th 2 years in a row, if it happens again this year, then I'm going to claim some kind of conspiracy against me.... :x :D

Black Lives Matter
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Dogstar wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:09 pm That's half so far!

So now we just need Rip, Sectoid, Baroquen, Dedewhale, plus one more to check in!
I'm in!
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

Ok, we now definitely need at least one new owner. If you'd like to join, don't hesitate to PM!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I had my first draft yesterday. A Salary Cap/Auction keeper league. I won this league last year thanks to Josh Allen and Jamarr Chase. I don't expect to repeat though. I was too much of a homer in this draft and took 3 Steelers.

QB - Allen
RB - N. Harris
RB - E. Mitchell
RB - B. Hall
RB - K. Hunt
RB - D. Pierce
RB - J. Williams
RB - J. McKissic
WR - Chase
WR - D. Johnson
WR - B. Aiyuk
WR - J. Landry
WR - G. Pickens
TE - D. Goedert
DST - Colts
K - Butker
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dogstar wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:47 am Ok, we now definitely need at least one new owner. If you'd like to join, don't hesitate to PM!
Maybe add "Need 1 New Player" in Title

Black Lives Matter
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

If nobody from the forum wants to join I have a couple of people I can ask. I’ll hold off on asking though so we can try and fill it with an OOer first.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

We need one more person for the league! Draft is tomorrow night at 9pm. Shoot me a PM!
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Drafted yesterday in our yearly PPR 10 team league. I was 10th:

QB Kirk Cousins
RB Leonard Fournette
RB David Montgomery
RB Dameon Pierce
RB Nyheim Hines
WR Cooper Kupp
WR Stefon Diggs
WR Allen Robinson II
WR Amon-Ra St. Brown
WR Hunter Renfrow
WR Kadarius Toney
WR George Pickens
TE Kyle Pitts
TE Zach Ertz
K Jason Sanders
DST Los Angeles Chargers

I won last year but don't think I'll be that lucky this year.
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

12 team League Draft last night

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - James Connor
RB - AJ Dillon
RB - Cordarelle Patterson
RB - Kareem Hunt
RB - Jamaal Williams
WR - Cooper Kupp
WR - Tee Higgins
WR - Adam Thielen
WR - Russell Gage
WR - Treylon Burks
WR - Christian Watson
TE - Darren Waller
K- Justin Tucker
DEF - New Orleans Saints
DEF - Baltimore Ravens

I need a backup QB, but I'm not exactly motivated to pick up Wentz. And Deshaun Watson is a no-go for me.
msteelers

Fantasy Football '22

Post by msteelers »

Dogstar wrote:We need one more person for the league! Draft is tomorrow night at 9pm. Shoot me a PM!
I got one person, but struck out after that. Do we still need one more?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:50 pm So, I have had to pick 12th 2 years in a row, if it happens again this year, then I'm going to claim some kind of conspiracy against me.... :x :D
You're coming back as 2nd seed, so...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr is 4th. I got 3rd in both drafts, which are both scheduled at the same time.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Thank you Dogstar for ending my 7 game winning streak! I wanted it to end in the regular season and not in the post season! :D Now to start a new winning streak.

And to think Yahoo said I had the worse draft of everyone in the league and would win only 2 games. Sitting in first place and scoring nearly 200 pts more than the next highest scoring team. Suck it Yahoo!

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

In my league, I entered the week ranked 2nd (by CBS Sports), in a match for first place in the division. I won my game yesterday...with 3 YTP and one dead (other 2 WRs are on bye. And my shit stain of a backup QB (who was a high draft pick and supposed to be starter) played because Tua was on bye.

I can't believe the friggen Patriots DST is tearing it up for me. I don't often get lucky picking a DST in the middle of the pack, but it certainly worked out for me so far (I expect they're waiting to completely shit the bed when I need them in the playoffs).
Black Lives Matter
Dogstar

Post by Dogstar »

For everyone in Fantasy Football Masters...

Ohio Ohanas and Samurai Saints will be '22 Co-Champs. Anything can happen from week-to-week, but we haven't had a contingency for a game being outright cancelled as it's never happened during the league's operation. It feels unfair to penalize a team for circumstances far outside the norm, especially without a rule in place. And I will not base a championships off of predictive scoring!
Lassr wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:43 am Thank you Dogstar for ending my 7 game winning streak! I wanted it to end in the regular season and not in the post season! :D Now to start a new winning streak.

And to think Yahoo said I had the worse draft of everyone in the league and would win only 2 games. Sitting in first place and scoring nearly 200 pts more than the next highest scoring team. Suck it Yahoo!
This is your annual reminder that Yahoo doesn't know what it's talking about in terms of judging drafts. And Lassr, I can't say I was unhappy my team finally started pulling its weight, especially when you had that huge scoring margin...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dogstar wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:03 am For everyone in Fantasy Football Masters...

Ohio Ohanas and Samurai Saints will be '22 Co-Champs. Anything can happen from week-to-week, but we haven't had a contingency for a game being outright cancelled as it's never happened during the league's operation. It feels unfair to penalize a team for circumstances far outside the norm, especially without a rule in place. And I will not base a championships off of predictive scoring!
Lassr wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:43 am Thank you Dogstar for ending my 7 game winning streak! I wanted it to end in the regular season and not in the post season! :D Now to start a new winning streak.

This is your annual reminder that Yahoo doesn't know what it's talking about in terms of judging drafts. And Lassr, I can't say I was unhappy my team finally started pulling its weight, especially when you had that huge scoring margin...
Yea, yea. Of course my team chooses this week to have the high score of the week again to win that 3rd place game, after posting my low score of the year in my the first playoff game. Frustrating...

Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

1-4, 2-6 start. Last team to make the playoffs. Won first playoff game. Second game I was 70/30 expected to lose on Monday night, and won. Third game I was 70/30 expected to lose on Monday night -- opponent had Cincy QB and a loss seemed to be the likely outcome, until that player collapsed on the field and the game was canceled. Championship game, I win with the lowest winning score of any team the entire season thanks to my opponent having both of his QBs on the bench due to injury.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! :D
Black Lives Matter