Gmail tabs out of place.

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Gmail tabs out of place.

Post by Daehawk »

Somehow 2 of my tabs are reversed in place....they used to always be....

Primary Social Promotions

But now they are....

Primary Promotions Social

Ive tried clicking and dragging them thinking maybe I did it when in a hurry but they dont drag. I dont know how this happened or how to fix it. Ill go looking online for the answer. If I find one Ill post back so others know.

EDIT: Sorry Gmail tabs not Yahoo.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: Gmail tabs out of place.

Post by Daehawk »

Well looking online and reading the Gmail forums and seeing others post with the same problem there is no fix. Google just changed then a couple days ago and theres no user control over them to fix them how you like them. I tried to add my hate to the forum but says I gotta be logged in...which I am to my Google account and see no other login. So F it...damnit.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Yeah I had that change about a month ago and it really pissed me off. They're really tyants sometimes. I'll never forgive them for removing tap to scrub on YouTube mobile. Make it an option at least. Assholes.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
stessier

Post by stessier »

Harsh words for a free service. Just use something else.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Something other than Gmail or YouTube? Not sure if you were referring to me and/or Dae, and I apologize for my sentiments if they were harsh, but I was venting. I find the ecosystem of apps to be much different than that of PC programs. Developers of major apps frequently make sweeping changes that strongly affect usability and often don't provide an option to revert. There's no replacement for the official YouTube app that retains all of its functionality that I'm aware of, and while there are decent alternatives to Gmail I'm not going to switch platforms after 15 years for a relatively minor design change. But that doesn't mean the seemingly arbitrary design change doesn't cause considerable frustration. Developer communication is also often nil.

If you use the Uber family of apps regularly they're another good example. They're constantly redesigning with very little subjective benefit and in my view actively harm the user experience. And there's no other way to access these services. There may be a desktop version but 95% of the time they're an afterthought and feature-limited and even more buggy than their mobile counterparts.

If there's only one brand of fridge on the market you're allowed to complain when it keeps freezing your vegetables and there's no way to adjust the temperature.

Also, ad supported and/or data-scraping doesn't equal free.

Edit: I should correct myself in that Daehawk was presumably talking about the desktop, browser-based version of Gmail and that's where I first encountered the change as well, but it also affects mobile and I've found that mobile design philosophies long ago crept into their desktop iterations.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It's Google. They decide what you like, and you accept their judgment. We gave birth to this monster, now we grovel at it's feet, hoping to be the last devoured.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I don't know if it's related to the new Gmail view they introduced, but there's a way to revert back to the original by clicking the gear icon to get the quick settings and there's an option to revert. The new view I found to shrink the available screen space, making for a lot of wasted space.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Type @ to insert.

Every single new Google will tell you that before you start typing. Oh what's that, you will never ever use the @ function to insert something? You just want to see a nice clean document to start fresh with? Type @ to insert.