Twitch streaming

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

msduncan

Twitch streaming

Post by msduncan »

Does anyone here stream? I recently started a twitch channel and thought we could share tips. Gaining followers and stable views are probably the toughest thing. I have a buddy who does LoL (which I've never played believe it or not) and he is able to engage with his teammates and attract followers pretty easily. I definitely do not want to wade into the LoL pool this late in the game and get slaughtered.

Anyway... I have a few things I can share from my noob perspective:

1. I got my overlay and logo done on a site called Freelancer. Fiver is a VERY hit or miss thing with a lot of people doing clip art. On Freelancer I was able to run a 'contest' for an overlay and have numerous submissions to consider before awarding the prize for the work

2. I've been told to try to get a Instagram and TikTok set up to promote your channel. I'm at the beginning stages of that.

3. Celebrate every single follow and if anyone chats, ask them about their day, if they've played the game yet, etc. Talk!

4. Avoid silent stretches. Also avoid noisy discords where your viewers can hear 6 different people talking over each other.

I'm trying these things...but the crawl to affiliate is still slow for me. I'm up to 25 of the 50 followers so far. My goal is not to make money -- it's really to unlock the features of affiliate that make streaming more fun like people spending channel points to interact with me.

Do any of you have Twitch channels? If so, drop your link so I can check them out. Do you have any tips? If so, please drop them here so I can learn more about this.

If anyone wants to see what I actually look like or drop in and chit chat, you can find my channel at twitch.tv/thegenxtreme . I usually stream between 7 and 11 pm CST. I'm setting up a stream calendar, but these first few weeks I'm streaming as often as I can to try to gain viewers. In the future it will be Sun, Mon, Wed, and Fridays

Thanks for any advice or support! Again, drop your twitch channels so I can check them out. Watching others is helping tremendously.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
coopasonic

Re: Twitch streaming

Post by coopasonic »

Harkonis and Rip are the two that I know of. Rip is basically gone from OO, I can't remember the last time I've seen him post, and Hark pops by from time to time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We actually do have a discussion going in which some of the OO streamers have jumped it. It's in EBG due to it including non-game content.

Not that you can't have this thread, too. ;)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:15 pm Harkonis and Rip are the two that I know of. Rip is basically gone from OO, I can't remember the last time I've seen him post, and Hark pops by from time to time.
I still have Hark on Steam and Xbox. He's active a bunch. I have fond memories of COD matches around the holidays with him.

I didn't realize RIP was gone from OO. I don't post nearly as much, but I read a lot.
It's 34 bowl victories.

msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:27 pm We actually do have a discussion going in which some of the OO streamers have jumped it. It's in EBG due to it including non-game content.

Not that you can't have this thread, too. ;)
Ohhh! I didn't check EBG since I figured this would be more of a General Gaming topic. Thanks!
It's 34 bowl victories.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

To be fair, a ton of it is me and Brian posting YouTube schtuff.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

Yoooooo, I just started streaming too! I'm right here:

here
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I watch a handful of streams. I really need to unfollow the other 25 or so I no longer watch.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"