[America] Domestic violent extremism

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: [America] Domestic violent extremism

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:17 am We've reached point where I can't tell anymore. It's entirely plausible (to me) that it's 100% legit.
I hate this type of 6 second clip. It makes it look deceiving even if it is what happened.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Amarillo Pioneer
Author Ryan Girdusky, and Julie Pickren present “We Are All Domestic Terrorists.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
malchior

Post by malchior »

<Wrong Thread!>
Last edited by malchior on Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:41 am Amarillo Pioneer
Author Ryan Girdusky, and Julie Pickren present “We Are All Domestic Terrorists.”
Ah, so this is the tactic of taking terms being applied to their constituency, normalizing and watering them down to try and take away from the true meaning.

Looking forward to 2023's speech "We did Nazi it coming!"
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

3 out of 4 of those folks are generally communications people who worked in various Trump propaganda functions. Mercedes Schlapp succeeded Hope Hicks at the White House. Ian Prior was deputy director for public affairs in the Trump DOJ. Ryan Girdusky runs a Super PAC that bundled donations and ran astroturf campaigns to push the CRT bullshit during recent election cycles.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:51 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:41 am Amarillo Pioneer
Ah, so this is the tactic of taking terms being applied to their constituency, normalizing and watering them down to try and take away from the true meaning.

Looking forward to 2023's speech "We did Nazi it coming!"
Please don't make me laugh about the end of Democracy. Thank you.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:00 pm https://www.conservative.org/video/cpac ... 022-day-3/

5h31m mark

I have not watched it.
I got about 10 minutes in and couldn't take it anymore. It's mind poison. It's about how the woke left are indoctrinating kids to hate America.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Let’s apply the anti-terrorism financing rules of the Patriot Act to CPAC. Expose those contributors who are trying to hide in the shadows using the anti-money laundering rules.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

malchior wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:18 pm It's about how the woke left are indoctrinating kids to hate America.
If teaching actually history makes the kids hate America, maybe that should tell them something. You can't fix America if you don't first expose (unmask? Not sure of the right word here) American mythology.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:18 pm If teaching actually history makes the kids hate America, maybe that should tell them something.
^
This

Teaching kids to be proud of the US rather than moving them always toward something to be proud of would end up bringing us to how things were back in 2022. :cry:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Reuters
A jury on Tuesday convicted two men accused of conspiring to trigger "a second American revolution" by kidnapping Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, handing the U.S. government a victory in its second attempt to prosecute the case.

The verdict against Adam Fox, 39, and Barry Croft Jr., 46, comes about four months after a federal judge in Grand Rapids, Michigan, declared a mistrial in the same case. Two other defendants were found not guilty in the first trial.

The pair, who the government said were members of the Three Percenters militia group, were also found guilty of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction - an explosive device that prosecutors say was intended to hinder law enforcement's response to the planned kidnapping. Croft was found guilty of an additional charge of possession of an explosive device.

The men face the possibility of life in prison. A sentencing date has yet to be announced.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Haven't bumped this thread in a while, so here's a good one:
New York, NY, September 7, 2022 … New analysis today from ADL (the Anti-Defamation League) Center on Extremism finds that the leaked membership list for the Oath Keepers, a right-wing anti-government extremist group, includes hundreds of elected officials, law enforcement officers, members of the military and first responders.

In September 2021, the non-profit journalist collective Distributed Denial of Secrets released the membership database for the Oath Keepers organization. The membership data, which includes more than 38,000 names, provides unique insight into the people who signed up for the organization over the years, and helps illuminate the extent to which the group’s anti-government ideology has permeated mainstream society.

Key Findings

As of August 8, the Center on Extremism has identified 373 individuals we believe are currently serving in law enforcement agencies across the country. This number is far higher than any previously identified number of extremists within law enforcement; for comparison, an ADL report released in 2021 identified 76 cases – 73 of which were unique – in which extremists were found serving in law enforcement.

ADL identified individuals we believe are currently holding senior leadership positions within their respective agencies, including at least ten chiefs of police and eleven sheriffs.

In addition to those actively serving in law enforcement, ADL identified more than 1,000 individuals who we believe previously served in law enforcement.

ADL’s Center on Extremism analysis identified 81 individuals across the country who are currently holding or running for public office in 2022. These individuals run the gamut from local office – mayors, town councilmembers, school board members – to state representatives and senators.

Prior to this year’s primary season, ADL confirmed 42 Oath Keepers-aligned individuals who were up for election for public office in 2022, consisting of 22 incumbents and 20 candidates.

As of August 8, 21 of these candidates have advanced to the general election either by winning their primary or having their primary cancelled. 13 of the candidates have lost their primary race. Even more concerning, four individuals have already won their general election.

ADL identified 117 individuals who we believe currently serve in the U.S. military, an additional 11 people who serve in the reserves, and 31 individuals who hold civilian positions or are military contractors.

In addition to those currently serving in the military, ADL estimates that one in ten of the individuals in the database previously served in the military in some capacity.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

It's not all that surprising. From what I remember, "Oath Keepers" originally targeted LEO and military to "keep their oath" to defend the Constitution. The vast majority of their membership is former military/LEO.

Their genesis was back when there were conspiracy theories about FEMA concentration camps and black helicopters abducting "true patriots".
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is also adjacent to the 3-percenters. A lot of cops and ex-military are believed to be members and there may have been some coordination between the two groups on 1/6.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:02 pm It's not all that surprising. From what I remember, "Oath Keepers" originally targeted LEO and military to "keep their oath" to defend the Constitution. The vast majority of their membership is former military/LEO.

Their genesis was back when there were conspiracy theories about FEMA concentration camps and black helicopters abducting "true patriots".
You tried , but even more air quotes are needed ;)
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:28 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:02 pm It's not all that surprising. From what I remember, "Oath Keepers" originally targeted LEO and military to "keep their oath" to defend the Constitution. The vast majority of their membership is former military/LEO.

You tried , but even more air quotes are needed ;)
It was originally supposedly about swearing to not follow illegal orders (orders that were unlikely to come, like rounding up citizens for FEMA concentration camps). Now it's about following only illegal orders from a deposed moron and his lackeys.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

From the "mouth" of LibsOfTiktok to online threats to a barrage of bomb threats. This is a new threat - stochastic terrorism. The use of disinformation and lies to incite acts from others in an unpredictable way. Even if a violent act does not happens the target is still terrorized in the process.

Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Far right hates children?
malchior

Post by malchior »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:22 am Far right hates children?
No - they've been told Boston Children's Hospital is full of pedos abusing children.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:25 am
Victoria Raverna wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:22 am Far right hates children?
No - they've been told Boston Children's Hospital is full of pedos abusing children.
And murderers killing babies. It's dangerous in that the indoctrinated can self-justify just about anything to stop such things (even if such things don't actually exist).

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Right and there is also the chance (hope?) self-radicalizing idiots will latch on and actually act on some of this bullshit. It's like launching unguided munitions. I think it is mostly intentional. Some folks watched Pizzagate and decided they should weaponize it.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

LawBeefaroni wrote:It was originally supposedly about swearing to not follow illegal orders (orders that were unlikely to come, like rounding up citizens for FEMA concentration camps). Now it's about following only illegal orders from a deposed moron and his lackeys.
I got into an argument with the author of “Day by Day Armageddon” (still the most addictive thing I’ve ever read), who is/was an Oath Keeper. He was angrily saying that he would never follow an illegal order (which he was sure Obama was going to give). I politely asked where he got his law degree, to adequately assess whether the order was legal or not. At which point I was banned from his Facebook group. :)

But with a group like this, it seems like it leaves “illegal” in the eye of the beholder. Seemed a bit convenient. Before getting banned, I may have also suggested that they didn’t need a special club for that, since not following unconstitutional orders is just part about of doing their normal job.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm putting this here because I think it fits.

Hate in America:

Yesterday, the head of an antisemitic and white supremacist group (and his supporters) dropped banners over the 405 in Los Angeles. One banner read, "Kanye is right about the Jews.”
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I don't want to look it up, what is Kanye going on about? Space lasers? Says it's not kosher.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

From TMZ
"I want to talk about the Jewish comment. It's actually proving the exact point that I made. So many actors been bullied behind the scenes."
"So you got Ari Emanuel asking people to not do business with me. That's how this town been running for so so long. They'll mute you at all costs."
I know from CNBC he been severing ties and been having ties severed for many of his fingers in pies in the last month or so, including GAP and ADIDAS as two major ones.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm The Hill
The suspect who allegedly drove through a Wisconsin Christmas parade and killed six people said that he feels "demonized" during his first comments since the deadly event.

Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, spoke to Fox News Digital during a video visit in Waukesha County Jail on Wednesday.

"I just feel like I'm being monster-demonized," Brooks said.
Is anyone following his trial? He is claiming to be a Sovereign Citizen, representing himself, objects to being referenced by his name, and generally disrespecting the judge at every chance he gets. I really hope all of the judge's patience pays off and he doesn't have and credible grounds for appeal (not that he won't appeal, just that they will never lead to anything).

This is the twitter feed I follow for it.

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:44 am I'm putting this here because I think it fits.

Hate in America:

Yesterday, the head of an antisemitic and white supremacist group (and his supporters) dropped banners over the 405 in Los Angeles. One banner read, "Kanye is right about the Jews.”
I heartily invite them to try that shit over the Dan Ryan or Kennedy.

MYT
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If you drive through a parade and hurt people, they are going to treat you like a monster.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

and kill people
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

They could put his picture in the dictionary under Monster.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:09 pm I know from CNBC he been severing ties and been having ties severed for many of his fingers in pies in the last month or so, including GAP and ADIDAS as two major ones.
I guess ADIDAS was only threatened with the loss of his brand and today they moved his threat in to action and they severed ties with him. I also learned that they made clothes for Hitler youth back in the day. CAA also stopped representing him. CNBC also said he said some stuff so out there that Fucko Carlson didn't air it. :shock: In true rubberneck fashion, now I want to know what was too much for the Fox Nationalist propaganda squad leader and how he reacted in real time.
stessier

Post by stessier »

stessier wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:42 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:25 pm The Hill
The suspect who allegedly drove through a Wisconsin Christmas parade and killed six people said that he feels "demonized" during his first comments since the deadly event.

Darrell Brooks Jr., 39, spoke to Fox News Digital during a video visit in Waukesha County Jail on Wednesday.

"I just feel like I'm being monster-demonized," Brooks said.
Is anyone following his trial? He is claiming to be a Sovereign Citizen, representing himself, objects to being referenced by his name, and generally disrespecting the judge at every chance he gets. I really hope all of the judge's patience pays off and he doesn't have and credible grounds for appeal (not that he won't appeal, just that they will never lead to anything).

This is the twitter feed I follow for it.

https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
Verdict is in. Should be read in about 5 minutes.

Edit: 51 76 of 76 verdicts so far are in and all are Guilty (including the 6 for homicide and for assault of his girlfriend).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Is this a case of domestic violent extremism?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:10 pm Is this a case of domestic violent extremism?
Probably not - but this is where the original post was so this is where I followed up. :)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

stessier wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:53 pm
Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:10 pm Is this a case of domestic violent extremism?
Probably not - but this is where the original post was so this is where I followed up. :)
No judgement =)

I'm just not that familiar with the case and thought I'd missed a motive or something.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

11: 22 a.m.: The jury found Brooks guilty of all 76 charges. His bond was revoked.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This was the state set of prosecutions after the federal prosecutors won some and lost some cases in their attempt at prosecuting this event.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics ... ories-invs
Last year, David DePape posted links on his Facebook page to multiple videos produced by My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell falsely alleging that the 2020 election was stolen. Other posts included transphobic images and linked to websites claiming Covid vaccines were deadly. “The death rates being promoted are what ever ‘THEY’ want to be promoted as the death rate,” one post read.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

DePape lived with a notorious local nudist in a Berkeley home, complete with a Black Lives Matter sign in the window and an LGBT rainbow flag, emblazoned with a marijuana symbol, hanging from a tree. A closer look reveals the characteristics of a homeless encampment, or what Europeans call “an open drug scene.” In the driveway, there is a broken-down camper van. On the street is a yellow school bus, which neighbors said DePape occasionally stayed in. Both are filled with garbage typical of such structures in homeless encampments. People come and go from the house and the vehicles, neighbors say, in part to partake in the use of a potent psychedelic drug, ibogaine.

Neighbors described DePape as a homeless addict with politics that was, until recently, left-wing, but of secondary importance to his psychotic and paranoid behavior.
https://nypost.com/2022/10/29/pelosi-at ... over-kids/
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.