YT Playthroughs and such..

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

EzeKieL

YT Playthroughs and such..

Post by EzeKieL »

This probably doesn't warrant a separate thread but I didn't know a decent place to put it :oops: .

As you may or may not know I have a YT channel and I've been wondering about this for a while.
I do playthroughs regularly but I never cut up my videos. For example, I might play for 1hour and a half and then
I'll edit out the rough parts (rule check,...) but then that's it.

Do you prefer one long video or that video chopped up into 3 separate ones, and why?
Do you actually watch full playthroughs or just specific bits?

I'm sure it probably comes down to personal preference but I'd still like to know :D
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
hepcat

Re: YT Playthroughs and such..

Post by hepcat »

I prefer one long video. You can always select Watch Later to pick up from where you left off. And it saves me the trouble of having to search for parts 2, 3, etc..
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I prefer shorter videos *but* if they're bookmarked (or whatever Youtube calls it) so I can quickly jump back to the section where I might have stopped watching (if YT doesn't remember) or easily find a section ("Set up", "Round 1", "Scoring", etc...) then I don't mind one giant video.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

One long video is my preference (with timestamps where possible is nice). Usually I have two types of viewing:

1. Where I'm stuck at a particular spot and want to find the way forward.

2. Following a walkthrough for a complex game where I don't want to miss anything.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Cool, thanks everyone!
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I don't do this for board games but I sometimes watch video game playthroughs of some things that might run pretty long or do some good story telling. I prefer the 30 minute chunks but I also want a link to the next chunk embedded where possible rather than relying on the luck of the right pane. (though the solution is always just search for the same name 02, 03, etc...)

30 minutes is about all I'll put in a sitting and then I'll just book mark the next video.

I watch full playthroughs or until I get distracted and move on to something else.