NBA2k23

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

NBA2k23

Post by Octavious »

This one came out of the blue for me, but I found out they added a new feature I had to try. And I'm glad I did as I played for hours upon hours yesterday. They added a mode where you can start a career in different decades. 80's,90's,2000's or Current. It's huge for someone like me who doesn't follow basketball anymore, but enjoyed it as a kid. It works really really well. I've been playing as the 90's Knicks and it's just f'n brilliant.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Baroquen

Re: NBA2k23

Post by Baroquen »

I haven't tried that yet, but am looking forward to it. I think I'll enjoy it, as I followed the NBA more when I was in high school than I do now.

Thus far, I've been playing myTeam as I'm a sucker for the card collecting modes. (MLB the Show says "hi"). The problem for me is that it has a heavy emphasis on online play and I don't like playing against people. I'm barely passable at the game to begin with. Already - I feel almost overmatched and that's against the higher CPU difficulties. Maybe I should play the decades mode, or the career mode. I generally enjoy that too.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya I have zero intention of playing online as I just suck at basketball games. It seems like there's a lot of stuff you can do offline with the MYTeam. The MyCareer seems like it could be fun if I had no life, as it's a huge time sink. I mean you have to legit go to the gym and workout daily. :lol:

All I can say about the era mode is that Larry Bird is a dick. Isiah Thomas is a dick too. He totally owned my ass in one game. It's so amazing seeing all the players I remember as a kid and playing against them. Rodman is a dick too. He kept on stealing the damn rebounds from me. Ewing is a ridiculous beast btw. They really capture the individual players like no other game. It's freaky... I could see me dumping a lot of time into it which is cool. I haven't had a sports game get it's hooks into me in a long time. We'll see if that holds up after a month or so.

Just a note that some major players are missing due to licensing. Reggie Miller and Barkley are two very notable missing players. The good news is that they made it so that other people can make draft lists and players so we'll just be able to download the missing stuff later anyway. It's really kind of nuts the possibilities of what can be done. I mean you can legit start in 1983 and play until 2022 if you have that much free time. (Or you just sim a bunch.) It's very cool. And not something that they could easily do in MLB sadly. NFL could pull it off too, but the Madden team is super lazy, so it would suck anyway. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, I took a look at the Eras mode the other day, and got overwhelmed with all of the initial set-up options. (I wanted to know what I was choosing, rather than just clicking through). So I backed out for now. That and I can't decide whether to start with the 80s/Bird&Magic or just straight ahead to 90s/Jordan. I'll probably start it sometime when I get frustrated with myTeam.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Not sure why it's so hard for online games to match bad players against bad players. Sooo much of myTeam has quests/missions/tasks that involve the myriad of online modes, but I suck. Horribly and endlessly awful. So stop putting me against these sharpshooters draining threes and exploiting every hole in the defense. A banner day of gaming.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

We'll the majority of people that play online are kids who have endless amounts of time to play. Or streamers who actually do it as their job. That's why I will probably never play this online.

MLB The Show I could at least compete a bit. This game I'm way too clueless to know what to do. Same thing with Fifa. I tried to play online once and it was just so brutal. The skill gap and exploiting of glitches makes it so not fun.