Games Played 2022! Stake your claim!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

Re: Games Played 2022! Stake your claim!

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just finished ME1 (LE) and it was an interesting ride. Like the story, and I can see teh writers did a tremendous job crafting the characters, though the "you must choose" near the end was kinda lame, and the final-final boss was sorta... cute.

Starting on ME2(LE) after sleeping, or maybe I'll take a day or two off and do something else.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
raydude

Post by raydude »

Finished Anno Mutationem last night. Since I can't describe it adequately myself, I'll just copy the Steam blurb on it:

ANNO: Mutationem is an action-adventure game with RPG elements set in a cyberpunk world, featuring a unique mix of pixelated 2D & 3D graphic style with a rich, dark and bizarre plot.

The fighting system is decent, and although there are only a few special moves it felt satisfying being able to string moves together to beat up the enemies. Defeating bosses required studying their attack patterns, dodging, then counter-attacking at the right times. The story was interesting; I was a little annoyed at some of the cutscenes trying to be mysterious by not providing enough context for what's going on, but I let it go. More context was provided at the end, but it was presented as a dialog dump to me. Oh well, it was still a good game and I enjoyed my time playing it.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Finished Elden Effing Ring!

Final Fantasy X

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance

The Temple of Elemental Evil

Icewind Dale (again)

Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero

Triangle Strategy

I Am Setsuna

Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga
Last edited by Jaymann on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished all ME games (ME trilogy and MEA) except for missable sidequests.

Taking a break, will probably move on to something else soon.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

"Finished" Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age. I put finished in quotes because technically I only completed the first ending/roll credits. You can keep playing and take down subsequent bosses to get a final true ending but I think I've had my fill and really have no interest in platinum trophying this one. Had a blast with it though, and it rekindled my JRPG love.

Think I'm going to hit either Valykyria Chronicles 4 or Tales of Arise next. I'm also in the middle of Yakuza: LIke a Dragon as my current PC game, and that one's a BLAST. Great game.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Finished 2 games this year. That may be a record. Also the one is gigantic.

Completed
Elden Ring (And I want to go replay it)
Uncharted Legacy

In Progress
Spiderman Remastered *In Progress* (They REALLY padded out the game. I just want it to end at this point)
Demon Soul's (This seems way easier than I remember it. So far the first 4 bosses are super easy to cheese. The tower knight took me 2 tries. Spider 1 try... Etc... Weird...)

I was in such a gaming funk until Elden Ring came out. And now I'm having so much fun with various games again. So weird as I couldn't get myself to focus on a game until that came out.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
raydude

Post by raydude »

Finished "Pony Island". I hear there is another ending which one can get by getting all 24 tickets but I feel satisfied with the ending I saw. And there's always Youtube :)
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Finished Ys IX. Pretty fun game if not a bit repetitive on the chapter battles.
Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. Very good game.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Its been years since I got to the end credits in a game. Today I got to them in Mutant Year Zero. What an awesome game.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Finished Tales of Arise (PS5) - I'll post my thoughts in the official thread.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole. I haven't really followed South Park a lot since the first few seasons, but I loved the movie. All the tropes that I remember are in it, and a few that I missed out on - like the 'member berries. I stopped doing the toilet achievements as those got old real fast but I completed a lot of the other side quests except for Big Gay Al's cats and finding all the Tweek and Craig yayoi. Ended up being a cisgender. girl. american. chinese. lawful. buddhist. Hehehe, I liked when the other redneck asked "why are you talking like that?" "Dialogue Tree." "Oh".
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Far Cry Primal is in the books. 30 hours, 71% completion, got as many skill points as I could and still ended up four short of a full tech tree.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

As I mentioned in the game thread, Triangle Strategy is completed.

Current games:

Fortnite - much less
Fall Guys - every once in awhile
MLB the Show - most days; keeping up with the Diamond Dynasty content
Shop Titans - daily; mobile PTW time waster
SW:KOTOR - slow progress, but I haven't shelved it yet

And now that Triangle Strategy is done, I've started Dragon Quest 3 and am enjoying it. I may purchase Live a Live (on Switch) because I'm really intrigued by it, and would like to support Square Enix revamping/developing games like this. But at least, for the moment, I'm giving DQ3 time first.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am VERY close to finishing the last 3 achievements in Mini Motorways. Unfortunately, these 3 are the hardest for me.

Decided for a change of pace and went to play Grid Legends, part of earlier Prime Giveaway, IIRC. It was interesting, a real throwback to GRID Race Driver, but now with decent FMV.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Finished the story in Control. Remedy really does some nice stories.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
raydude

Post by raydude »

TheMix wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:34 am Finished the story in Control. Remedy really does some nice stories.
I'll second that. Control is a great game!
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

raydude wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 am
TheMix wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:34 am Finished the story in Control. Remedy really does some nice stories.
I'll second that. Control is a great game!
Well... Except for that @#$%ing mold boss. I threw in the towel on that one. :tjg:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Finished up a replay of Dying Light. Was in the mood for killing zombies.

Still the worst ending ever (the game play, that is). The last 20-30 minutes are terrible. And the QTE for the final "fight" can go suck it. :evil:

Black Lives Matter

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So I'm finishing up with Battletech. Finished the main campaign. Have done several "flashpoints" via one of the DLCs, which on the whole I've been impressed with - provides several mini-stories, which makes the post-campaign game definitely more engaging than just doing repeated "fight a bunch of random mechs somewhere" missions over and over. Still, generally ready to move on from the game.

I'm interested in thoughts on what I should play next. Main contenders right now:

(1) Crusader Kings 3
(2) Europa Universalis IV
(3) Civilization 5 or 6
(4) Cyberpunk 2077 (that's good / playable on PC now, right)?
(5) Pillars of Eternity 2
(6) Warhammer Total War 3

Any recommendations among these? Any other games that I should be considering?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Playing:
Mechwarrior 5 (main campaign run through, but stopping to smell the roses)
Phoenix Point (kind of losing steam, there's only so many times you can blow limbs off of crab dudes before it starts getting boring)
Lord of the Rings Online (going through the epic storyline. slowly.)
Megamek

Finished:
Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars + Kane's Wrath
Command & Conquer Tiberium Sun + Firestorm (although I forget, maybe I actually finished it last year?)

Abandoned:
Probably a bunch of stuff I don't remember
El Guapo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 pm (3) Civilization 5 or 6
(4) Cyberpunk 2077 (that's good / playable on PC now, right)?
(5) Pillars of Eternity 2
(6) Warhammer Total War 3
I've played Civ 5 and 6, they're fun and Civ, but I haven't gone back.

Pillars of Eternity 2 is pretty good, it helps but is not required to play PoE 1 before hand. I cranked the difficulty all the way up, so the beginning was pretty tough and tactically challenging, but by the end I was plowing through wave after wave of bad guys no problem. Story's pretty decent, but, as usual with these things, the really good stuff is the intra-party interaction.

Haven't played Cyberpunk, but I feel like after a couple of years' worth of patches it's probably playable.

Haven't played Total War 3, but we're not exactly talking about an unknown genre here. I'd be down to do a coop campaign, since it's got campaign coop.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also giving some thought to play the Starcraft 2 Protoss campaign. I played the Human game awhile back, and started the Zerg campaign before getting bored and stopping. I do love the protoss, though, and feeling a little nostalgic for ol' Starcraft...
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Finished Far Cry 6 and will post thoughts in the official thread. The PS5 has been an absolute game changer (no pun intended) for me in terms of actually completing stuff. I've got it in the media room that the rest of the family doesn't really use, so it's become a bit of a gaming getaway where I can generally get a couple of hours in a night (if I want it). I've finished 4 30+ hour games this year which is practically unheard of.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished Grid Legends Story Mode quite easily on Medium, probably should have turned it up a notch.

Was grinding through "career" mode when one change on difficulty setting (there was no warning for this) somehow caused the entire career to reset. I had done 7 out of 9 events to unlock the final series, aka the GRID Gauntlet just before this. The reset zero'ed EVERYTHING (amateur tier, semi-pro tier, AND pro-tier) caused me to rage quit the game and it was uninstalled.

The game also FORCES you to drift and drift was never one of my strongpoints in these games. The gamepad was NOT good in modulating the throttle to sustain the drift, esp. when no other part of driving on medium requires modulating the throttle. It's almost always full on throttle everywhere else. This makes Gauntlet practically speaking, unreachable, since without drifting you can't ever unlock the final series, GRID Gauntlet.

There are also events locked behind paid DLCs. 4 of the events in "GRID Challenges" are Ravenwest Invitationals, and those are only in the paid DLC "Ravenwest / Voltz Pack" so that's 4 events you won't ever complete. Many of the more special cars are locked behind "sponsorship specials"

And of course, "season 2" was Demolition Derby (a new event type) which is another DLC. And so far, the only way to get them is get the "Deluxe Edition" or Deluxe Upgrade (which isn't being sold, AFAIK)

Looking at the car list for GRID 2019 shows that no new cars were added, it's ALL the same cars from GRID 2019. That just makes GRID legends look... like a re-tread.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

finished Save Room (the Resident-Evil-4-inspired inventory-management puzzle game mentioned in another thread). it was too easy, which was disappointing. only the penultimate puzzle gave me any trouble at all. but it got it in a bundle, so for about $0.79 it was fine.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Finished Astro's Playroom on the PS5.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Finished A Plague's Tale: Innocence. Had it on the Xbox game pass for PC and it is set to be pulled from the service in 3 days. At about Day 11, I had about 12 chapters to complete. Made it my goal to finish. Now I'm thinking I should put deadlines on games to finish because it sure motivated me to focus and play :D
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Been doing some old school FPS'ing.

Took down F.E.A.R. and the expansions.

I forgot how much fun the HVP is.

Like these two, just hanging around...
Enlarge Image

Or this guy... that looks really uncomfortable...
Enlarge Image

And this guy can't seem to get a handle on what happened to his friend...
Enlarge Image

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Opus Magnum is "complete", as I have finished the story. I will not be trying to build molecules in small boxes to explore the appendix series of puzzles.
jimben

Post by jimben »

I love video games and play if I have some free time :D

In 2022 I have completed Dead Space 3 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Now I'm playing Days Gone.
I recently found out that my wife is the best match for me, by the zodiac signs compatibility. I am a Leo, my wife is an Aries.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Currently playing Theme College, I mean Two Point Campus :P

The reviews I read prior to downloading from Gamepass pretty much nail it: if you like Two Point Hospital, and didn’t get enough, you’ll like this.

Very much MOTS, with some nice UI tweaks. The specific gameplay and UI improvements are subtle, but when taken as a whole are really nice if you’re someone that put many hours into Hospital.

I think there are only a very few games where I’m totally fine with ‘MOTS, but with slight visual, UI, gameplay tweaks’ and this is one of them.

If they gave Civ V the MOTS treatment, I would be thrilled. Same for Defense Grid games (which they did) and Kingdom Rush (also mostly did).

I forgive a lack of boldness/creativity on game sequels when devs just nail something so well the first time and feel they can make it damn near perfect as a remake with new levels (I’ll ignore the $$ component of that line of thinking for now :D).
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Finished Starcraft 2 (protoss campaign + epilogue) yesterday. I enjoyed it. Played it on "normal" difficulty, which for the most part was pretty easy. But it was pretty fun / relaxing / quasi-nostalgic to be stomping on Zerg and whatnot again with dragoons and carriers and such. Honestly the main disappointment was that at the start of the campaign it was all like "time to reclaim Aiur from the Zerg!" and I was like hell yeah, but then immediately it's like "psych! Actually you're going to fight this vague evil god named Amon that you've never heard of, so you have to leave Aiur and go to all these other planets that you don't care about."

Also sort of funny because I had this vague sense that Blizzard's writing was good in these games. But then I thought back through Starcraft 1, especially the part in Brood War where the Earth forces come in led by this admiral and his best friend since childhood, but then partway through the campaign this mercenary who the admiral has never met tells him that his best friend has betrayed him, and he's all like "well, since this random mercenary that I met last week says so, I guess my childhood friend that I trust implicitly has betrayed me for no clear reason, so I guess I should send the mercenary to kill him without asking any questions."

But yeah, massing carriers and dragoons again was fun.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Finished the main story on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. May go back to finish up the Romulus Lairs.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And a new armor and weapon ... for a game that I've finished.

Onwards!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Finished up the story for Batman: Arkham Origins.

I will probably leave in installed while I consider going back for all the collectibles and such, but will likely move on to something else. I'm a bit worn out on open-world beat-'em-ups.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I haven't had a open-world beat-em-up in my cycle of games in awhile. Might be time to add one back in.

Finished Dragon Quest III. I may not play the "right" version on the emulators, and I do make liberal use of walkthroughs/maps when I play these old games. But they're a lot of fun. Finished more of these old RPG types recently than I ever did back in the day.

I did bounce off SWKOTOR again. I got farther than I had previously, but still not that far. Maybe I'll leave it and get back into before totally ditching it.

Next up - I think I'm going to try Trails in the Sky. See how that goes.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Baroquen wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:17 pm I did bounce off SWKOTOR again. I got farther than I had previously, but still not that far. Maybe I'll leave it and get back into before totally ditching it.
Just a guess (and it's been a while), but from what I do recall, you're probably quitting just before it really kicks in. At least I seem to remember the early part of the game being fun, but not that compelling.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:24 pm
Baroquen wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:17 pm I did bounce off SWKOTOR again. I got farther than I had previously, but still not that far. Maybe I'll leave it and get back into before totally ditching it.
Just a guess (and it's been a while), but from what I do recall, you're probably quitting just before it really kicks in. At least I seem to remember the early part of the game being fun, but not that compelling.
That's very possible. And I really want to get through it because, despite the years passing, and despite being a Star Wars geek, I really don't know all of the story and lore than comes out of it. I recognize character names and such, but I really don't know the story and I'd like to finally get it.

And it's not like I hated it. I just wanted to play other games more. I don't have a good track record with Bioware games though. I've never finished the Baldur Gates or the Dragon Ages (and have no interest in the Mass Effects). So it's definitely a "me" thing. Maybe I'll try to push through a little further with KOTOR and see what happens.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Playing Civ VI at the moment. Really enjoying it quite a bit. Playing as the Americans (Teddy Roosevelt) on the third from the lowest difficulty, and mostly being pretty peaceful and tech / religion oriented. Conquered a city state (Cardiff) - not totally sure it was worth it, since city states provide some bonuses while independent, it was quite a hassle to conquer, and it annoyed people a lot, but got through that ok. Also just established a religion (Judaism) - managed to spread it throughout my while civilization, and now starting to spread it to neighbors.

Anyway, lots of fun. Been awhile since I've had that "just one more turn" feeling, but managed to both stay up too late and tanked my morning in terms of productivity.
Black Lives Matter.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Completed STALKER Anomaly. All 3 storylines. So I guess that counts as 3 games? :D

Interesting ride. They changed so much. All the stuff I remembered. The Zone felt more barren. But it was kind of nice not constantly being in combat.

Black Lives Matter

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I finished IMMORTALS: FENYX RISING. Really great game - perfect blend of combat and puzzle-solving, and only a couple of times did I find those puzzles frustrating. Perhaps the only nitpick is that if you focus on collectibles/upgrades early you can make the game a bit easy for yourself, but I still found the combat fun enough that I never got bored even when I was in no real danger.