Cryptic's Neverwinter morphs into a MMO and goes F2P

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

silverjon

Re: Cryptic's Neverwinter morphs into a MMO and goes F2P

Post by silverjon »

It was no longer valid, but thank you for sending it.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Tao

Post by Tao »

Question for anyone still playing this. I just hopped back in a few days ago and found my bags full of the various enchantment stones. I now need the different Marks of Potency to either combine them or feed them to my artifact and I do not have close to enough AD to use all the stones. I wanted to combine or use the enchantments to free up bag space, am I screwed here? Should I just sell or discard all the stones? I was rather excited to start playing this again but this development sort of took the wind out of my sails, 6,000 AD for Marks...seriously, I don't want to spend all my time focusing on just acquiring AD.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
KDH

Post by KDH »

you could park them in emails to yourself .. 5 stacks (if they stack) per email ... there's a cap on emails to yourself, I'm not sure if it is based on how many chars you have. I had 6 chars and I could generate about 18 emails when shifting stuff around between toons

just use your own handle (@tao, for example) for the send to ... and an underscore "_" before any 'subject' line (so they can be sorted to the top easily in a crowded mailbox) ... they don't seem to expire

you also have BANK space

Nov 24 --> Nov 29, is a 2x refinement point event, your refining should be done on these events when possible ... check the calendar on the landing screen (L) "upcoming events
Ain't nobody got time for that
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Unless I am misunderstanding, 6000AD for multiple upgrades sounds like those stones are really low ranks anyway, and would probably cost more to upgrade than to outright buy better ones.

You can earn more than 6000AD by running a couple of starter dungeons like Cloak Tower.
wot?

To be fair, adolescent power fantasy tripe is way easier to write than absurd existential horror, and every community has got to start somewhere... right?

Unless one loses a precious thing, he will never know its true value. A little light finally scratches the darkness; it lets the exhausted one face his shattered dream and realize his path cannot be walked. Can man live happily without embracing his wounded heart?
Tao

Post by Tao »

Okay I know it's probably something simple but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to walk in a dungeon. Clicking on the door for Cloak Tower just brings up the queue menu, which I don't want to do. I know I figured this out in the past as I remember two manning some of the lower dungeons with a buddy. Is there a secret knock or something?
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
silverjon

Post by silverjon »

Tao wrote:Okay I know it's probably something simple but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to walk in a dungeon. Clicking on the door for Cloak Tower just brings up the queue menu, which I don't want to do. I know I figured this out in the past as I remember two manning some of the lower dungeons with a buddy. Is there a secret knock or something?
They took the doors off the dungeons when they raised the level cap. They also made it impossible to outlevel a dungeon as once you gain access, you can always queue for it and be scaled down. They also reduced the party size for levelling dungeons to 3-player from 5.

They seem to have thought they were making improvements, but... the implementation has been bad. It's not fun for anybody, high or low level.
wot?

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's another month until Triangle Strategy comes out on PC. NW is on my son's PS4 (though it is taking forever to update), so I thought I'd try it out. Any advice for an aspiring newb? Was thinking of starting an archer unless someone tells me they suck.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter