[Disney+] She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

msteelers

Re: [Disney+] She-Hulk: Attorney at Law

Post by msteelers »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:42 am Wait, last night's episode?

I thought the last one was the last one. I really wish they'd communicate unreleased episodes better on the page.

So, yay!
There are 9 episodes in this season.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

According to the internet, there's two more episodes, so it *should* end on 10/13. Not sure why there's a total of 9 - seems like a weird number. Maybe at some point they decided to cut and edit the show differently and had enough for 9.

EDIT: Hulk-BAMMED
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I went and figured that out after your post. I checked the other night and thought there were only going to be six. Probably because there is no mention of the full number anywhere on the page/Roku app. They should either list them as, "Episodes: 6 (of 9)", or they should have blank episode slots with dates on them - at least a couple of other services do that.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

For whatever reason, I had it in my head that there would be 8 episodes, so this is good news to me! Really enjoyed this week's show. Especially Porcupine's costume - that was amazing.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Awesome episode this week. Probably my favorite.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

JCC wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:37 pm Awesome episode this week. Probably my favorite.
I think she may read the thread. I like how she addressed how many episodes are left.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

:)

This last one was awesome. Didn't know what character was going to make an appearance so I was quite surprised.
Spoiler:
Daredevil walk of shame? Classic.
And Leap Frog was great!
JCC

Post by JCC »

The opening scene of the finale is absolutely awesome - possibly the best scene in She Hulk. The rest... eh it's ok. I liked bits and didn't like bits. I will be curious to see the reactions...
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Biggest 4th wall break ever. I think Deadpool is crying.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

KEVIN
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Not my favorite episode, but I still really enjoyed it. The fourth wall break started off awesome but kind of fizzled for me. Overall I think it was a good idea but lackluster execution.

It might have worked better as two episodes, since the real ending was very rushed as they essentially had half an episode to resolve everything. But that could just me being sad the season is over and wanting more.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I’m kind of the opposite. I almost turned it off when they broke the wall early on. But they managed to turn it into satire in a way I appreciated toward the end. Not my favorite episode either, but it did recover a bit from the annoying stuff.
He won. Period.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Well, I certainly was not expecting THAT. Just really, really fun.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I wish she would havent stopped K.E.V.I.N.'s ending.
That's the shit I want to see in my Marvels shows.
K.E.V.I.N. knows his (its) audience.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I agree with this sentiment.
Spoiler:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I enjoyed
Spoiler:
how she used the Disney+ menu to travel ....
Enlarge Image
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

The part where she is sitting down and talking to K.E.V.I.N. made the whole episode for me. And I agree we all need us some more Daredevil, just not in the way Jennifer implied.
FTE
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Scraper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:17 am The part where she is sitting down and talking to K.E.V.I.N. made the whole episode for me. And I agree we all need us some more Daredevil, just not in the way Jennifer implied.
Why not? He’s so hot!! I don’t know how a guy can look so handsome with half his face covered but I guess he just has a sexy mouth. He also seems to be getting sexier as he ages. :ninja:

Oh oops, this is supposed to be about She Hulk. I honestly did not realize this was meant to be more of a comedy or whatever so I was kind of disappointed throughout the series. There were some really fun moments and I love Tatiana, and of course the aforementioned DD cameos, but I do feel a bit misled. I saw a couple of interviews where they were saying they got to use Daredevil way more than they thought they would be allowed, so of course I read that as he was going to be part of a major multi-episode storyline. I know, I know, wishful thinking, but whatever! He was still worth the wait, but I wanted a LOT more.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

rittchard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:40 pm
Scraper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:17 am The part where she is sitting down and talking to K.E.V.I.N. made the whole episode for me. And I agree we all need us some more Daredevil, just not in the way Jennifer implied.
Why not? He’s so hot!! I don’t know how a guy can look so handsome with half his face covered but I guess he just has a sexy mouth. He also seems to be getting sexier as he ages. :ninja:

Lol, I find myself oddly attracted to Human form Jennifer in the white and purple She-Hulk outfit for some reason. But yeah for those that swing that way I could see how you're into Charlie Cox.
FTE
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Scraper wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:58 pm But yeah for those that swing that way I could see how you're into Charlie Cox.
I don't swing that way but for some special cases I might... uhhh... Hey anyway, really loved She-Hulk. There were a couple episodes in the middle that I found lackluster (Just Jen and The Retreat), but they make more sense now that I have seen the full arc.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

The Assembled episode is out for this now, and boy does it look like they had a ton of fun making this show.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ha! I meant to post some of the clips I saw for it - I had no idea she was wearing so much during filming. Definitely makes it even more impressive.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If Madisynn isn’t a regular in season 2 there is no god.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I just finished the series and really enjoyed it. Something different and just fun. Glad I watched it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

This is all Trent Steel's fault:
Tatiana Maslany, the actor who played Jennifer Walters, aka She-Hulk, in She-Hulk: Attorney At Law, has dashed any hopes of a second season of Marvel’s divisive Disney Plus show.

Appearing on streamer NerdIncorrect’s Twitch gameshow Codenames Live, Maslany was asked by the host, “Should we hope for a season 2?”

“I don’t think so,” Maslany replied. “I think we blew our budget, and Disney was like, ‘no thanks!’”

As Maslany hinted, top of those is cost. Conceptually, She-Hulk was intentionally quite modest: a comedy that would gently spoof a staple TV genre, the legal drama, as well as involve some low- to mid-level superhero hi-jinks, and some of the fourth-wall-breaking meta-comedy associated with the character in the comics.

But its main character was a walking special effect, which (according to Variety) led to ballooning budgets of as much as $25 million per episode and a total cost equal to that of a major blockbuster movie release. That’s a high price tag for a show with a niche, low-stakes concept, which had only a middling impact on its release. To make matters worse, Variety also reported that Marvel Studios’ script development and production processes proved ill-suited to episodic TV, resulting (in She-Hulk’s case) in rushed and unfinished visual effects that were especially underwhelming, considering the budget.
I'd still consider it better than Secret Invasion and Iron Fist, which I know isn't much of a compliment, but I do think it was a well written show. The behind the scenes stuff I've seen where they show how it was all filmed (with Maslany wearing all kinds of gear) was insane.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

A Madysinn spin off would practically cost nothing. Just the cost of Wongers showing up to watch The Sopranos with her on occasion. I'm just saying.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If she doesn't show up in a movie, it will be a huge wasted opportunity. She's entertainment gold. Gold!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but She Hulk is one of my favorite MCU Disney+ series.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I watched each episode as it aired and enjoyed the whole series tremendously. It was fun; it was funny.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:24 pm A Madysinn spin off would practically cost nothing. Just the cost of Wongers showing up to watch The Sopranos with her on occasion. I'm just saying.
All I want from Kevin Feige is at least a throwaway reference in some future Marvel property that Wongers and Madysinn got married.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think my favorite Easter egg in any Marvel show was the reveal that Madysinn has met and partied with Mephisto.
He won. Period.