Days Gone PC ...zombies

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: Days Gone PC ...zombies

Post by Jaymann »

And my favorite trick didn't work. You can't get a companion for a mission and go off and do other things with the companion. It railroads you into their mission.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is me and Jim. We were having a nice picnic when Jim tried to crawl across the table and bite me. I shotgun blasted him and this is the way he fell. He musta been a classy refined fellow in life as he still retained enough of it to die well and pose good.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Last night the game crashed on a mission and I just went to bed. today I finished that one but was riding in the north area still and it crashed again. First two crashes Ive seen.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok this way south area. I wont spoil any story stuff but there are some massive hordes in my way down here lol. I am not equipped for them yet. To make it worse theres 2 camps I need to raise rep with now..one for guns one for bike parts. I want that dang nice shotgun and some tires that will grip lol. I did buy me a what appears to be a MP4 and a light MG ...Takes a lot of ammo for those roid'd up guys.

So Im trying to raise two camp reps at the same time for stuff while having to kill deer I HATE having to kill...wolves are still fine as they attack me first. lol. Its silly as its just a game but I still pass deer by sometimes. I need to raise rep though grrr.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:50 pm Ok this way south area. I wont spoil any story stuff but there are some massive hordes in my way down here lol. I am not equipped for them yet. To make it worse theres 2 camps I need to raise rep with now..one for guns one for bike parts. I want that dang nice shotgun and some tires that will grip lol. I did buy me a what appears to be a MP4 and a light MG ...Takes a lot of ammo for those roid'd up guys.

So Im trying to raise two camp reps at the same time for stuff while having to kill deer I HATE having to kill...wolves are still fine as they attack me first. lol. Its silly as its just a game but I still pass deer by sometimes. I need to raise rep though grrr.
Way earlier in this thread we talked about how to kill some of the bigger hoards. In summary setting up traps, using choke points, constantly backpedaling/running away from the mob and having the skill that lets bullets go through multiple zombies is highly recommended.
FTE
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I watched a couple videos and got some ideas on making rep faster than I was doing it. So plan to try that today also.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Came upon Chemult College. Damn that field was the biggest horde Id ever seen yet. I bombed, burned, and machine gunned them into gravy. Took me an hour to completely clear that field and NERO camp along with a bunch of nests around it. I ran out of molotovs and had to search for 10 min to find stuff to make enough to get that last nest burned out.

Hehehe shoulda seen me running then get bike and draw them then get off and run some more. I ended up on top a bus or something with my light machine gun mowing them down as they crawled up. Cleared it all though. Map is open now.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Im nearing the end now and Im starting to fear how the story may go or the end will be. Im at the mission to test napalm on a large horde.
Spoiler:
I figured Sarah was still alive and finding her would happen. I also guessed sorta correctly who was responsible for this plaque.

But Some stuff makes no sense to me. Like when Deacon finds her why dont they just leave? And why doesn't he simply state she is his wife. Why keep hiding that part? Its very sketchy. Plus why does the Captain have her ring she said she had to give up. If stuff had to be given up why is he wearing it openly? And why is he watching us all the time. I feel like he is going to fuck it all up. I want a happy ending..like we are together and ride away together...dont care if theres a cure. I want to meet back up with Boozer and shit.

Also Deacon seems a smart guy and a nice guy but he can act totally dense sometimes and like an asshole others.

Got a bad feeling I may not like the ending.
EDIT: Im always worried when I do something for the Captain as I feel he is gonna backstab me. So far nothing. But the Col is starting to worry me more and more with his inane talking and crazy heretic. And now for some reason he is moving people in the ark. I dont see why Deacon doesn't leave with that person or shoot the leader or something.

Just waiting for someone to backstab me. And it will be a story element Im sure I have no control over. I hope I dont hate the end but have a bad feeling.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Keep playing. And even then when you think you're finished, keep playing!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You’re in the very fun part of the game.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:23 pm Keep playing. And even then when you think you're finished, keep playing!
Yes and after the game "ends" finish the new missions that pop up. Once that's done you'll have the true ending.
FTE
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I enjoy this game so much. I love open world games and if I have a motorcycle or car or truck to get around in with fast travel options too its about perfect. The bike handles great and I can upgrade it and add storage even. Nice.

One thing I wish they would change is the scan ability the way it shows all items as white and then you walk to them and they are red cause ya got so many. Be nice if items showed up at range as white i can use and red I cant. Save me walking time.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The world is gone, its full of zombies, and the humans just keep killing each other.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After fleeing the south the game has turned into a horde killing simulator. The only marks on my map are over a dozen horde locations to clear out. I guess its to make money...which I need. My main quest is a GIANT horde that Ive failed 8 or 9 times at. It offered to let me skip it but last time I used that option it skipped all the cutscenes too and I want to see them so trudging on on my own. If it ever popped that skip box up again Id be tempted to take it. I mean after its offered it to you it should stay an option .
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im using a desert eagle pistol, random for 2nd slot, and the light MG for 3rd. It chews through groups.

Still trying to find the 2nd slot wep to use. I plan to buy the assault looking shotgun from Iron Mikes to try. There was better in the militia camp but thats all locked out to me now before I could get them. I wish the xbow was 2nd slot but its 3rd and I refuse to give up my MG. But that xbow with special bolts and silent would be damn nice. I used it forever and miss it...plus I could just make ammo in the field.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Change your loadout based on what you're doing. If (for example) you know you're going up against raiders or humans in general, always better to have a mix of options (long range stealth, close quarters, etc...).

If you know you're going to clear out a nest or anticipate running into zombies depending on where you're headed, always better to have as much ammo as possible in the largest capacity you can carry. Having a shotgun as a backup is probably smart, but if you've used all your MG bullets and your shotgun bullets, you're likely in trouble. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got that new shotty. It fires fast as I click. Reloads a little slow. Seems all left to me are hordes. I just clear them out to make money. Not really much left to buy. My bike is upgraded and the only two guns I dont have from Mikes is a little uzi looking thing and a powerful sniper I may get.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:08 pm Change your loadout based on what you're doing. If (for example) you know you're going up against raiders or humans in general, always better to have a mix of options (long range stealth, close quarters, etc...).

If you know you're going to clear out a nest or anticipate running into zombies depending on where you're headed, always better to have as much ammo as possible in the largest capacity you can carry. Having a shotgun as a backup is probably smart, but if you've used all your MG bullets and your shotgun bullets, you're likely in trouble. :D
Yes to all of that, also try to sneak around and plant as many booby trap bombs as possible prior to aggroing them and do it in a way that funnels them for a maximum kill rate. The napalm bombs are also a huge help if you have those unlocked. For me the lumber mill was the hardest hoard to clear and it came down to a mix of all of that and then finding a kill tunnel to just mow them down in a single file line while also being protected on the sides.
FTE
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For one horde I found I could climb up on the cab top of a semi and stand there. They couldn't all climb at the same time and they couldn't hit me but once every few seconds and it didn't hurt much.

Musta been a flucke because Ive not been able to repeat that trick on other semi cabs.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive loved this game but now I just hate it because its turned into hordes only. Anything but hordes. Im stuck. I just want to finish it at this point.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Depending on what horde you're stuck on, I can probably help. The last fight of the game is *insane* but I found a way to cheese my way through it (and I don't even feel bad about it) because it was so crazy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Right now its the sawmill horde. Theres lots of small spaces I can use but I dont have crafting parts to make a bunch of napalm and stuff. I have pipe bombs and prox mines. I think I need to leave and go collect crafting material. Thats one of the bad parts of this game....you can't buy napalm and crafting materials in camp. Its all found out in the world and they are in small quantities. But I need to go do it.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yup, that's the one. If you want to know how, spoiler is here:
Spoiler:
Can confirm it works. To get what you need, I think I was fast traveling to various camps, sleeping in the safe locking trailers, and then finding the ingredients by scavenging around. I think there's a whole bunch of stuff in the camp right outside the saw mill (for crafting) but I seem to remember needing to travel to a few other places to complete my shopping list.

There are other ways to deal with that horde and I've watched a few Youtubers record some amazing runs, but I am nowhere near their skill levels.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I finished that by kiting zombies to the entrance after putting sniper rounds through multiple targets in the horde. Then it was plenty of napalm. And running the stragglers in circles the the fields. Then repair, recraft and repeat.

When I had to go in to trigger mobs, I went over/under the semi trailer. When I messed up, I died. But when it worked the zombies took the long way around.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, if it's the one at the lumber mill, it isn't as bad as it's made out to be. What I did was I'd do it from the road with the bridge which due to being higher gave me a good vantage point and time to get a good group. I'd kill some then I'd ride out to the nearest place rest and recoup and buy more ammo if I needed to. Eventually I cleared them all out.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive had remote bombs forever but cant figure out how to det them. The biggest trouble with all the bombs is the small range to toss them. If I could toss them like molotovs and pipe bombs it would be nice.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tomorrow we attack the bad guys camp. Im wondering if I should take a sniper rifle. I think Ill be inside fighting close quarters so dont plan to take one. Ive been using the chinese mg forever but just bought the SAW to try instead.

Ill be going in with a mini uzi, pump shotgun, and squad automatic rifle..the big MG.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Damn what a ride. I am SO happy with the ending to this game. You guys said keep playing though. Is there more to do now? Im happy. I actually cried at the ending. I dont think I have ever done that wit ha game.

Ending spoilers beware....
Spoiler:
Im glad it allowed for a simple happy ending. I was afraid Boozer blew up but thank God for the good ending. he lived. I got my wife back. It was perfect. None of that crap where if you dont do some obscure thing you see ending #2 instead of the best ending out of 5 crap. Ive been so tired of game endings for years. Its really nice to just have a single ending..everyone comes together, the good guys win, and everyone lives. Man I did actually cry I was so relieved and happy with the ending. I was nervous for half the game that it would rip my heart out at the end in some damn twist.

It was a bit cathartic in a way as I saved my wife in game. That character reminded me a lot of my real wife. She was the only little blonde in the game too and in the end I got her back. Ponytail and all. Nice. Fun ride. Man I was so ready for a horrible ending though lol.

Enlarge Image
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

They did a great job pulling at your heart, making you feel for the characters and their lives you were able to see upended. It made the ending and the horror more bearable.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:05 pm Damn what a ride. I am SO happy with the ending to this game. You guys said keep playing though. Is there more to do now?
Yes, there will be new missions that open up after the ending and they are definitely worth doing as they reveal even more of the story and set the game up for a sequel. In essence you get a second ending.
FTE
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, keep playing. All you really need to do is play around for a couple of hours and you can do that just by riding around. Eventually you'll get a message saying a certain someone wants to see you.

FWIW, RDR2 was the only other game that really managed to make me feel emotional about a game character.

There are now rumours that Sony's next live-action adaptation might be Days Gone. If true, it would be ironic given what Sony thought of the game, but maybe it would garner enough interest and possibly lead to a sequel.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:54 pm Yeah, keep playing. All you really need to do is play around for a couple of hours and you can do that just by riding around. Eventually you'll get a message saying a certain someone wants to see you.

FWIW, RDR2 was the only other game that really managed to make me feel emotional about a game character.
That happened to me on Bioshock 2.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The way I recall this game was it was fun and got good reviews but didn't do well. I dont know why as on PC as Im playing it it was damn fun and just right in both story and play. Ive had a lot of fun with it..
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, it did do reasonably well, but it's a case of the developer having too high of an expectation. The gist I got was that upper management made the team at the studio feel like the game was a disappointment, this despite the fact that the game managed to rack up over 10 mil in sales, and this was even before the PC release.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:50 pm Well, it did do reasonably well, but it's a case of the developer having too high of an expectation. The gist I got was that upper management made the team at the studio feel like the game was a disappointment, this despite the fact that the game managed to rack up over 10 mil in sales, and this was even before the PC release.
Yeah essentially it wasn't as huge as God of War or Ghost of Tsushima, therefore it was a failure. Which is insane considering just how good it is and how well it sold for a new IP.
FTE
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, it almost sounds like it became a black sheep just because it didn't have high sales like Ghosts of Tsushima. 10 Mil in sales is still ridiculously good, and it should be considered a huge win. I think it was a victim of bad timing and bad marketing.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont recall much marketing. That is always a big failure when your marketing isn't good. I remember seeing the giant horde at the sawmill video posted...and I think I posted that here....then nothing. I dont even recall if I knew it was coming to PC at that time.

Out of 100 Id give it a solid 95. Its been a blast the entire time. Hits all my must haves...even letting me skip a crazy tough battle if I fail it a few times so I dont just give up and miss the rest of the game.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I initially gave it a pass because of zombies. I'm really not big on zombies in general, and I generally don't seek out zombie stuff in media. But once I got passed all that, what I found was a really fun game with some interesting game mechanics, and some really good attention to detail. I think they really nailed the bike handling, which is ironic because it's one of the things I've often seen criticized. I really loved how it had weight to it and that most of the upgrades weren't cosmetic, but actually had an effect on how it drove.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya the bike stuff was all great. Felt fun . Found myself cussing in the snow and rain when I couldn't stop when I wanted to and would slide on past my spot I wanted . I enjoyed having a bigger gas tank too so I could fast travel jump more.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Never finished this so I'm starting over on the PS5. Which btw has 3d sound for headphones which is as horrifying as you would think it would be with this game. A wolf howling while I was riding by totally freaked me out.

I forgot why I loved this game so much. It's how random and dynamic the battles are. I don't evenind starting all over again. My god does my guy suck the start though.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com